• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really ENTP?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Okay, so I know that I've milked this to death at Personality Cafe and personality nation, but I would like to ask the members of this forum to type me. The general consensus is that I'm ENTP, but let's see what you guys have to say. I have filled out this form, so give me your opinions....

) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I know that I use Ne, but my cognitive functions test shows that I use Ne<Fe. Some like simulated world at personality nation have even said that I use Te and don't even know it, and am in an Ne<Te loop.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I really yearn for understanding. I feel that I need to understand everything, especially people and understand how they work. I also yearn for adventure, pleasure, and have a constant need to feel safe.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I feel very good when I am loved by people. I need to feel admired respected, and desired. I also feel great when I come to an understanding on an issue that I had not before understood or that seemed complicated to me.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I feel inferior when I feel that someone is more prestigious than me, when I feel that someone has power over me, and when someone is smarter than me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Not gonna lie. The group REALLY weighs on my decisions. I generally go with the flow, but often times I will defy it as well. Also, I try to go with what seems like the best choice to me in general. But, I have to admit that people greatly impact my decisions. Also, I try to make a pros and cons list. Plus, I try to make decisions that won't hurt people because I can feel others pain VERY strongly. In fact, it is so strong that I feel that if I don't help others, then it will almost hurt me because my pain is literally their pain.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I usually can manipulate the hell out of a group. I study psychology and plus I just have this gift of being able to read a group and tell you what everyone in it is thinking, feeling, and what they think about me. I can easily find hidden motivations behind what people are doing and I am the master of winning crowds. Also, I try to go with what works in a project and analyze every single possibility of what can happen then choose the best option. In addition, I would like to add that I often create almost a think tank at the beginning of a project with people, and then work through people by juggling ideas. Then, I don't like to be disturbed after that, like to be completely be left alone, and go to work by myself. I then, work by myself and finish a project alone and then slowly everything comes together piece by piece.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I'm a highly sexual and hedonistic person. I greatly enjoy going out to bars, anything that involves adventure, and sex. OMG I love sex.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

When, I learn something new, I sort of zone out and think about all the possibilities that it could represent and be associated with. Then, after that I kind of like to juggle a bunch of different ideas and play with them. I'm also a very interpersonal learner as well and enjoy learning by discussing topics with other people. In addition, I often do well when learning things through computers because I'm a very kinesthetic learner as well. However, when it comes to very difficult things to understand, I often like to introvert and come to an understanding of things on my own.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I am the least organized person that I know.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Again, I bounce several ideas around at once, and try to connect them to other ideas. I generally don't like to go into detail when it comes to one idea. Instead, I like to look at the general principles behind the ideas and jump to the next. My mind is like a leap frog and I just jump from one idea to the next.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I have big problems going against a group but try to be myself as well. It's almost like I try to defy the group as much as possible without being complete social outcast. This process is very hard to explain for me.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I'm very impulsive but I often see every possibility of how my actions could effect others. I push my limits and say crazy shit for shock value, but just try not to push it over the edge.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I kind of see all types of possibilities in my head of how a particular event could go down. I don't really have a choice in the matter. Things just happen like this. However, I often like to analyze the hell out of situations as well and see how it could work the best.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'm definitely going on. I am a very extroverted individual. But, sometimes, when I am down I get very very introverted and philosophical.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get very scared very fast. I think of all the ways a situation could go wrong. Also, I get this "don't give a damn attitude" and start to become very hedonistic and neglect responsibilities. In addition, I become very philosophical and just go into detail about why I am feeling this way and why this is happening.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I hate closed minded people, controlling people, mean people, stupid people, and prudish people

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Psychology, philosophy, religion, and abstract things in general. I also like to talk about sex and like to talk about other people. I really like to understand people and get to the core of their inner self.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Details and my outer surroundings. LMAO I never know what's going on around me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They pericieve me as kind, witty, funny, and extroverted.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I like to study abstract theories, have sex, and party

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes, you are 100% ENTP :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP. SW's description of the ENTP tert-loop matches your answers.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's funny because I just told SW all of these things on Per Nation and ripped me a new one and this is exactly what he said word for word....

I have come back and really analyzed the hell out of myself and have a few other points to make. I really believe that I misrepresented myself at the beginning of this thread. As I said earlier, I am probably in an Ne<Fe loop, and I can explain my reasoning for this.....

1. My morals seem to come from the outside and not from within. I came from a ridiculously Christian family, and it seems as though my morals seem to come from them. It seems as though right now, I am trying to almost reason out the morals because I just kind of like to go with what works and not from a moral system. My moral system seems to be this, "Does it hurt people". Then, if it does hurt people, then I have a big problem with it. If it doesn't hurt people then, I'm that opposed to it. I can't really explain my moral values that well, they are just there.

If you live in a ridiculously Christian family and the only real moral value you have is "don't hurt people", then it doesn't sound like you've really absorbed much Christianity. This sounds Fi to me because Christian values tend to include a lot more than just "don't hurt people"; it sounds like you chose these moral values based on some kind of inherent individual understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by NatetheGreat View Post
2. I can easily express my emotions and put them into words. Most Fi users tell me that their emotions are very odd and they have a hard time putting them into words. Many even tell me that there aren't even words to describe what they are feeling. I'm never like this, and can find the person words to describe my emotions every time.

ENTPs tend to be pretty oblivious to their emotions because they're not even paying enough attention to their own internal states to think about it. Being good at describing one's feelings is something that would seem more characteristic of ENFP than ENTP to me.

3. I feel other's emotions way more than I feel my own. If I see someone in pain for instance, I will become absolutely over-come with emotion and won't even be able to turn it off. It's absolutely ridiculous. I really misrepresented myself at the beginning of this thread. I actually do have incredible empathy and have a very strong 2 fix.

Empathy for other people's pain is not an indicator of Fe. In fact the description of being "overcome with emotion at other people's pain" is absurdly Fi. Fe is more about representing networks of interpersonal loyalty through adherence to common cultural/social/moral ideals. This is another big point in favor of Fi and not Fe (or, in the case of NeFe loop, it might involve deliberately attacking/violating those common ideals out of curiosity about the result; i.e., trolling.)

This point alone shows me you don't really know how to distinguish the two.

4. Most Fi users will go against the group if someone says that they don't agree with or something against their moral code. Me on the other hand, I find it VERY hard to go against the group.

In your case I probably chalk this up to Ne wanting so badly to be seen as cool/interesting that you're afraid going against the group will deprive you of the social interaction you crave. You may be an Fi type but you're still an extrovert and thus still pretty susceptible to external pressure; the key here is what kind of pressure and why it affects you the way it does.

I really don't think that I'm ENFP, but I seem to lead with Ne. I may even be an ESFJ, but I REALLY don't think that I'm ENFP. I seem to use Ne<Fe.

With the exception of the last one, every argument you just made is clearly in favor of FiTe for you and not TiFe. If you said these things to the people at PerC and they called you ENTP, then they really are even more incompetent than even I suspected.

I see virtually zero reason to read TiFe from anything you've said.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I know that I use Ne, but my cognitive functions test shows that I use Ne<Fe. Some like simulated world at personality nation have even said that I use Te and don't even know it, and am in an Ne<Te loop.

Guess they banned simulated here because he was like that scientology guy. Hitting college girls a lot cause he said the answer is in the letters. A NT quality is to think of your own and to rid yourself of influence. What tests say aint the truth.

If you combine that mentality with NF philosophy, which says "Its right when it feels right", you'll soon notice that those tests feel wrong at times and do not reflect the whole reality.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I really yearn for understanding. I feel that I need to understand everything, especially people and understand how they work. I also yearn for adventure, pleasure, and have a constant need to feel safe.

Thats basically what 99% of humanity would answer, expect maybe for the "understanding" part. But you can give up on that right now cause what you'll find out will only frustrate you more.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I feel very good when I am loved by people. I need to feel admired respected, and desired. I also feel great when I come to an understanding on an issue that I had not before understood or that seemed complicated to me.

Again what 99% of humanity would answer, except for forum trolls like me. We get our understanding by paying $30 per hour to watch woman get naked and then get really drunk and feel like a man.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I feel inferior when I feel that someone is more prestigious than me, when I feel that someone has power over me, and when someone is smarter than me.

Thats an entp trait. Especially the "prestigous" part.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Not gonna lie. The group REALLY weighs on my decisions. I generally go with the flow, but often times I will defy it as well. Also, I try to go with what seems like the best choice to me in general. But, I have to admit that people greatly impact my decisions. Also, I try to make a pros and cons list. Plus, I try to make decisions that won't hurt people because I can feel others pain VERY strongly. In fact, it is so strong that I feel that if I don't help others, then it will almost hurt me because my pain is literally their pain.

Pro and Con lists are an entp trait as well (as long as they are only in your head and you dont bring them to paper) :D. Strong Empathy is an entp illness as well. It gets worse with age. Many people think that entps deal good with people because they are manipulative and clever, very few people know how emotionally strongly entps are affected by people and their environment and how naive we really are. That maybe tho due to us never telling.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I usually can manipulate the hell out of a group. I study psychology and plus I just have this gift of being able to read a group and tell you what everyone in it is thinking, feeling, and what they think about me. I can easily find hidden motivations behind what people are doing and I am the master of winning crowds. Also, I try to go with what works in a project and analyze every single possibility of what can happen then choose the best option. In addition, I would like to add that I often create almost a think tank at the beginning of a project with people, and then work through people by juggling ideas. Then, I don't like to be disturbed after that, like to be completely be left alone, and go to work by myself. I then, work by myself and finish a project alone and then slowly everything comes together piece by piece.

Thats a bit too much self-adulation for me. Sounds to me like you've read the books but very much life experience I wouldnt give you. But then again, you are probably not my age :).

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I'm a highly sexual and hedonistic person. I greatly enjoy going out to bars, anything that involves adventure, and sex. OMG I love sex.

Who doesnt ?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

When, I learn something new, I sort of zone out and think about all the possibilities that it could represent and be associated with. Then, after that I kind of like to juggle a bunch of different ideas and play with them. I'm also a very interpersonal learner as well and enjoy learning by discussing topics with other people. In addition, I often do well when learning things through computers because I'm a very kinesthetic learner as well. However, when it comes to very difficult things to understand, I often like to introvert and come to an understanding of things on my own.

Learning thru computers is not soo much kinesthetic in my opinion but all together sounds very entp. I am an auditive learner.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I am the least organized person that I know.

I doubt that, your post (that is pretty boring up until now cause you seem to lead a perfect life) sounds very well-thought through. Plus a psychology degree and being a good group leader needs organisational skills as well. I think you are more one of those good grade kids who always talks his own victories bad. You have no idea what being in a mental disorganized slum means.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Again, I bounce several ideas around at once, and try to connect them to other ideas. I generally don't like to go into detail when it comes to one idea. Instead, I like to look at the general principles behind the ideas and jump to the next. My mind is like a leap frog and I just jump from one idea to the next.

Thats copied from the entp description. I never understood it cause when I read it I already jumped to the next idea. (10 cents for the bad joke man :D)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I have big problems going against a group but try to be myself as well. It's almost like I try to defy the group as much as possible without being complete social outcast. This process is very hard to explain for me.
This I do understand and this makes you entp. Only problem is it is in violation with what you said early, namely that you are a social butterfly. But this too makes you entp again. :)

I'll give up at this point cause my attention jumped elsewhere. Maybe you can in time write a bit more about your pains and what moves you. One can get to know people best thru their emotions and the pains and the way they coped with them. I am of course a sadist and want to know but besides that, this is more intresting than "Hey I am Kitty and I like to cuddle everyone". :D

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION]

I will keep you updated with what he says. It's just that there seems to be an even divide between the people that think I'm ENFP and the ones that think I'm ENTP. I don't know what to believe anymore

So what makes you say that?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

I will keep you updated with what he says. It's just that there seems to be an even divide between the people that think I'm ENFP and the ones that think I'm ENTP. I don't know what to believe anymore

So what makes you say that?

I know what you mean. Since I am here I have changed my type I dunno a quadrillzillion times. There are people who still tell me I am infp, some say I am enfp and my gf keeps saying I am entj. I at some point got rid of it. I am not only easy to alienate thinking about type is leading nowhere for me. It's not like math cause every person has a different understanding of the same type plus every person has a different picture of you and therefore a different imagination of what your type could be.

People around here argue for days about type definition but imo thats a huge waste of time. Type theory should be a theorethical concept that supplies you with new perspectives on the World and helps you to understand you yourself and other people better, but pinpointing you down to a certain type that you always are is somehow nearly impossible. Look alone at the debate: are you born with your type ? In respect to that the other debate: does your type change with age ? That are so many random variables playing into the type quest that its really a waste of time thinking about it for too long. I in my daily life I behave like the typical german, I am punctual, orderly I am a big organisator, noone around here would type me a p-guy. On the forum tho I am myself and noone here would type me a j-guy. Here you have another problem with mbti, cultural values which motivate american type descriptions, couldnt get an european of a tree. Cause in some fields we have completly different values. Like for example the p/j divide wouldnt be an issue in Germany. Here punctuality and reliability is mandatory with your peers, according to that we would be all Js, cause our culture made us too them.

You see there are a lot of inconstant variables. I just hope it doesnt take you 2 years too, like I needed to find out that type theory shouldnt be taken to seriously. And that you should rather try and invent a new type, a person that is you and that is your individuality. If you grow steady in that, it will be reflected in your friends words and actions and you'll start to love it (or hate it, depends on what you want) :).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you seem more entp to me....i mean...i woulda guessed entp from just your username alone.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you seem more entp to me....i mean...i woulda guessed entp from just your username alone.

Na that username would be more for entjs. An entp would say it in a roundabout way like "King Arse Antlers" or something like that :D

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You missed the number 1 behind the first comma. That rules out most TJ types ;-)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Yeah, I keep getting that. It seems like the only person that thinks that I'm ENFP is simulated world.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya be careful with that guy. He gives me the creeps. He actually uses entp powers, very very creepy

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
lol, ENTP powers? What do you mean?

entps can become so convincing and charming that you'ld eat right out of their hands. Thats partly because we can make ourselves really heavily believe in what we say and that jumps over onto others and because we can bend stuff so much that we always sound right. Why do you think simulated failed here and now lives on personality cafe ? The average member IQ is higher here :/

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
entps can become so convincing and charming that you'ld eat right out of their hands. Thats partly because we can make ourselves really heavily believe in what we say and that jumps over onto others and because we can bend stuff so much that we always sound right. Why do you think simulated failed here and now lives on personality cafe ? The average member IQ is higher here :/

The problem is I'm really not that healthy of an ENxP. I even told him how many people on PerC and typologycentral were telling me I was ENTP, and his only argument was that, "You guys were all dumbasses".

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My advice is hang around here a bit and form your own opinion. I'ld advise you to post a bit in the NF forums, those people there are good for the soul. And then after some time here you can form your own opinion. I can just tell you this: noone is an expert on mbti, even if he claims to. We all have our subjective opinion and basically only when a lot of people tell you the same you can assume that you are a bit nearer to the truth. But only one person will never be able to tell you 100% who you are and what you need to do. Believe me I am german, I have a history with bad leaders :)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
My advice is hang around here a bit and form your own opinion. I'ld advise you to post a bit in the NF forums, those people there are good for the soul. And then after some time here you can form your own opinion. I can just tell you this: noone is an expert on mbti, even if he claims to. We all have our subjective opinion and basically only when a lot of people tell you the same you can assume that you are a bit nearer to the truth. But only one person will never be able to tell you 100% who you are and what you need to do. Believe me I am german, I have a history with bad leaders :)

Well, I've already done that on personalitycafe before I was banned. I used to hang out in the ENFP and ENTP forums all the time down there. I reached 5000 posts the day before they banned me. I related to both types but slightly more the ENTP types.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ah that sucks. But hey internet forums aint everything. Real life aint too bad as well. I wish you the best of luck. I have to go to bed now, 00:30 o'clock here and tomorrow is work :/ Cu later

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Na that username would be more for entjs. An entp would say it in a roundabout way like "King Arse Antlers" or something like that :D

my entp lil boy just randomly blurts out "i'm awesome" haha :laugh: