• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A lil new to this.

ArghJo

MBTI Type
IxxP
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've always done quizzes/personality tests like this. I don't really remember any of my results from earlier years but they have come out as INTJ. But as of late (well since I found this website) there have been different results, and they vary every time.

The introversion is undeniable. I dislike interaction a lot, though I'm comatised into depression without talking people/distracting myself from sadness. Me X Internet = infinite love.

Most results have come out as being intuitive, I'd have to say myself that I find intuition to play a bigger part to my decisions than sensing.

The bigger problem is deciphering thinking/feeling and judging/perceiving.

With T/F I find that I do both... Thinking is what I've known; I've always been better at sciences/maths things, but as I've grown up and have my head a little clearer I find myself feeling a lot more. I find it easier to empathize with people more than being sympathetic. I'm too awkward to be sympathetic.

With judging and perceiving, I'm more lenient towards the idea of being perceiving rather than judging. However judging was more of the predominant trait when I did these quizzes when I was younger.

I'm not really sure what to write, but I guess some contributing traits which might have an affect on things would be that if I don't like someone, they'll know that I don't like them. I don't hold back with my likes and dislikes of people, if I don't like someone they'll know what I think of them. So sometimes it makes me a little argumentative.

My humor is self-deprecating, I don't go a day with out making fun of myself in front of my friends (or anyone).
Talking about friends - I haven't gone a single day (for the past 6-7 months) without someone calling me weird/odd. They mainly come from my friends :x I'm not sure what that means though.
I do deliberately say things to freak people out like "If I close my eyes and pretend I'm a lesbian, may be all the balls would go away." I'm also a little threatened when someone is getting more attention for being funny/weird.

Maybe what my results have been wrong, I might be perceiving myself differently to what I give out.
Any thoughts are welcome. (Career suggestions are very welcome, just saying)

I guess I'm trying to find all this stuff out so I can have a better idea of myself, and what I want to pursue as a career.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP? ENTP perhaps? I can't really make any great deductions here aside from possible Nx dominant with balanced T and F functions.

Are you familiar at all with Jung Cognitive Functions? They're the original source of the 16 4-letter types; the I/E etc. dichotomy aren't as accepted around here since they're a bastardization of Jung's original ideas.

I would recommend this test:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Also, welcome to the forums :hi:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It's about which function you prefer, wich behavior you prefer, which thinking pattern you prefer. Do you prefer T over F, do you prefer J over P?
Do the function test, maybe that will help you to decide.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting description in the OP. It comes off as more ISTP to me, especially "I don't hold back with my likes and dislikes of people, if I don't like someone they'll know what I think of them," taking all else under consideration. ISTPs tend to be the 5w6 e-type. The indecisiveness of the OP (concerning type and career choice) is very striking in demonstrating Perceiving. There's a lot of information here to discuss. But ISTP ranks at the top for the career choice of "undecided."

ArghJo

MBTI Type
IxxP
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ahh thank you for replying :x I thought people would completely ignore it.

INTP? ENTP perhaps? I can't really make any great deductions here aside from possible Nx dominant with balanced T and F functions.

Are you familiar at all with Jung Cognitive Functions? They're the original source of the 16 4-letter types; the I/E etc. dichotomy aren't as accepted around here since they're a bastardization of Jung's original ideas.

I would recommend this test:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Also, welcome to the forums :hi:
Thankyou :eek:
I've seen people using the cognitive function thingy, but I wasn't sure what it was called. I'll try to complete it as soon as I finish writing my notes :D

Interesting description in the OP. It comes off as more ISTP to me, especially "I don't hold back with my likes and dislikes of people, if I don't like someone they'll know what I think of them," taking all else under consideration. ISTPs tend to be the 5w6 e-type. The indecisiveness of the OP (concerning type and career choice) is very striking in demonstrating Perceiving. There's a lot of information here to discuss. But ISTP ranks at the top for the career choice of "undecided."
Hmmm I guess I'll have to do a few more tests and try to avoid thinking of what kind of person I would want to be ._. and more on how I actually act I suppose.
But thank you so much for replying.

Imma take all of it into consideration.. uwauhahha.
back to ze biology notes. ~~~yawn~~~

Edit: I just finished the cognition process
Fi-47.2|Si-42.9|Ti-30.7|Se-26.1|Ni-25.6|Fe-24|Te-22.5|Ne-20.8| Ahhh D: and it's suggesting that I'm an ISFP -pokes fingers together- The description that they've given me doesn't really fit, and by looking at others INFP seems to fit better from that website at least.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahh thank you for replying :x I thought people would completely ignore it.

I've seen people using the cognitive function thingy, but I wasn't sure what it was called. I'll try to complete it as soon as I finish writing my notes :D

Hmmm I guess I'll have to do a few more tests and try to avoid thinking of what kind of person I would want to be ._. and more on how I actually act I suppose.
But thank you so much for replying.

Imma take all of it into consideration.. uwauhahha.
back to ze biology notes. ~~~yawn~~~

Edit: I just finished the cognition process
Fi-47.2|Si-42.9|Ti-30.7|Se-26.1|Ni-25.6|Fe-24|Te-22.5|Ne-20.8| Ahhh D: and it's suggesting that I'm an ISFP -pokes fingers together- The description that they've given me doesn't really fit, and by looking at others INFP seems to fit better from that website at least.

"what kind of person I would want to be" indicates NF, at least. It's all in the quality of the clues given.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Ah good then; I will be eager to await your results :yes:

ArghJo

MBTI Type
IxxP
Instinctual Variant
sp
>n<
Hmmm, if it adds to anything at times it feels like I have little on off switched for like different mindsets. Nothing that I'm really in control of it's mainly dependant on my mood and environmental influences. Though not directly. Sometimes it's the song that I'm listening to or if we're doing a group experiment. I usually slack off for the first 5-10 minutes, when the others start to drift off I usually finish the job as efficiantly as I can.

I'm also prone to getting angry at myself, in a depressionish kind of way. It happens when I'm alone, because when friends come around a switch comes up in my head that tells me to be silly :x and say weird things to make them laugh.

I would describe myself as an individualist... I've grown to worry about rights/wrongs/morals more... I should think about the future but it's too intimidating, and it stresses me.. so I don't even bother thinking about it.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whenever a new inf that is fairly young comes to forums like this it is often the case that they are full of doubts about their identity. I doubt T. A "pure" t type isn't very self revelatory generally.

ArghJo

MBTI Type
IxxP
Instinctual Variant
sp
Whenever a new inf that is fairly young comes to forums like this it is often the case that they are full of doubts about their identity. I doubt T. A "pure" t type isn't very self revelatory generally.
Hmmm, I've mainly come with the intentions on finding a right group/type so I can leech off their experiances so it can help me with my career in the future, because I don't have a single clue.

Would it be possible to be weak in a majority of them? I'm also kinda stuck between the idea of either having multiple mindsets which I flick between or whether it's the awkward grey area for all of them. More-over how could lacking in both, and having qualities of both be differentiated? Is it one straight line or is it like a bridge?
33kah50.png

To add further confusion, the Cognative function I got FiSi, suggesting ISFP where as the enneagram suggests 5w4, which is similar to INTJ. Sorry my thoughts are a little scattered.... Maybe I'll have to find a different congantive function one as I didn't fully understand the vocabulary used.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I was not telling you what you are just stating an obervation. The way you're thinking is very healthy. Just find the -people- here you relate to/feel are similar and take the peices from their experience that you find useful and leave the rest behind.

ArghJo

MBTI Type
IxxP
Instinctual Variant
sp
:x ahh okay. Thankyou :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm, I've mainly come with the intentions on finding a right group/type so I can leech off their experiances so it can help me with my career in the future, because I don't have a single clue.

Would it be possible to be weak in a majority of them? I'm also kinda stuck between the idea of either having multiple mindsets which I flick between or whether it's the awkward grey area for all of them. More-over how could lacking in both, and having qualities of both be differentiated? Is it one straight line or is it like a bridge?
33kah50.png

To add further confusion, the Cognative function I got FiSi, suggesting ISFP where as the enneagram suggests 5w4, which is similar to INTJ. Sorry my thoughts are a little scattered.... Maybe I'll have to find a different congantive function one as I didn't fully understand the vocabulary used.

I'll just throw out some ideas based in theory because it doesn't look like anybody else has mentioned this yet.

5w4 is similar to INTP, 5w6 is similar to INTJ (or ISTP looking at this from the S angle).

FiSi is not suggesting ISFP according to the formula used to derive an MBTI type. Si is not auxiliary to Fi. Si may be tertiary to Fi. In that case, your auxiliary would be Ne. So your type becomes INFP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If tertiary theory is valid - and I think most people believe it is - then your Ne-20.8 score, and your statement in the OP that you are very introverted, indicates that you have issues with your tertiary type, Si. That's not an auxiliary function simply because it is second from the top. According to tertiary theory, the extroverted function (Ne in your case) is repressed, and the introverted tertiary function, Si, is brought forward as a substitute for Ne.

If you don't care to believe me, there is other information online about this tertiary-loop situation.
http://personalitycafe.com/articles/25205-dominant-tertiary-loops-common-personality-disorders.html for starters.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So then I would be enfp based on my results?

ArghJo

MBTI Type
IxxP
Instinctual Variant
sp
The auxillary thing kinda makes sense.
So if I have understood it correctly... My results were Fi, Si, Ti, Se(...Te,Ne). None of which fits the normal order of a congnative process as the first 4 (at least) will have to switch between i and e. So it would be Xi, Xe, Xi, Xe.
When there is one missing/when the same i/e is the same as the one before, there is one which has been repressed completely and would be shoved to the end - so to speak.

Compared to my results it's more or less the closest I have, Fi being the more prodomiant trait, it could be one of two.
INFP=Fi, Ne, Si, Te.
ISFP=Fi, Se, Ni, Te
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...pe-based-cognitive-functions.html#post2390197

The most simlar to what I've gotten from the result would be INFP. The two missing traits also happen to be pushed to the end meaning both are repressed? And to have an easier understanding of how I think would be to improve the neglected cognative functions.
But that messes up my understanding of how people work, as I thought it stemed life experiances and needs of problem solving in the situation people find themselves in which contributes how they think/act and will stay the same. It's nutured by experiance until a point where thought patterns have somewhat of a fundamental natural course.
If it's somthing that could be excersised and improved on, it opposes how I understood it.

If it was purely based on my understanding/ideals of the Dominant-Tertiary loop, it would mean it's something that I would have to deal with, and be completely awkward...

Ahh... I think I'm taking this too seriously, at the very least I'm over thinking it.... or I'm competely wrong about this whole thing. Sorry I'm so imposible >3<