• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

5w6 ISTP Vs. 5w4 INTP

S/N

• Total voters

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I usually sense some form of kinship with other NTPs, independent of what it is they are talking about. Not the case here. Not at all. In fact, the video gave me a headache. That usually points to Ni :D

It is nuttiness, but not of the Ne variety, I'd say.

Gonna agree with [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] on the possibility of a loop - whatever he turns out to be, it doesn't seem like the natural, balanced state of any type. No offence.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually sense some form of kinship with other NTPs, independent of what it is they are talking about. Not the case here. Not at all. In fact, the video gave me a headache. That usually points to Ni :D

It is nuttiness, but not of the Ne variety, I'd say.

Gonna agree with [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] on the possibility of a loop - whatever he turns out to be, it doesn't seem like the natural, balanced state of any type. No offence.

I guess that leaves me based on your judgement with ISTP and INTJ. I am not saying I agree, but I appreciate your opinion.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I have traits of both those types but if I had to pick one right now it would be 5w6 ISTP but could I also get a description for what a 5w4 INTP is because there is an outside chance I could be that. Here is a video of me and you can vote in the poll about whether I am 5w6 ISTP or 5w4 INTP, or you can just vote for whichever one you like more or are.

As of this year, I have equal S/N traits and scored evenly on the 6 and 4 wings of the 5.

Your topic however is too flighty for a Sensor.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/74203-intp-ni-7.html

Above is an interesting forum explaining the INTP Ni paradox and why they could be mistaken for (or perhaps really are) INxJs. Hopefully this should make my type more clear for anybody who is interested in typing me or just INTPs and Ni users in general.

I think you were intending to point here: http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...volving-eight-functions-type-beebe-model.html

It's a lot of complex Jungian talk describing how we can use functions in the absence of complexes and archetypes, in other words, without being heroic, altruistic, etc. It's difficult for me to stay awake while trying to wade through this explanation. For example: 'Beebe determined that the inferior was actually apart of the "ego-syntonic" (or primary) range, along with the first three, but that it did border on the true "shadow" or "ego-dystonic" range, which is an even less conscious realm where these supposed "other" four processes lied. (So the true "shadow type" would actually end up as the one sharing only the two middle letters, or its inverse, sharing the first and last letter!)' Eric seems excited about this knowledge, but it's rather hard for the rest of us to share in his excitement given how excruciatingly difficult he has made this topic.

We already know about shadow functions, correct? Why make this knowledge inaccessible to the average user?

I don't even think RW is necessarily a major Ni user based solely on the imaginative speech he gave us in his video. Earth is going to be a much warmer version of Mars in a billion years or so. But what I see in the video is an Ne visionary, taking mere objects in apparently Se style but then speculating about their eventual fate by seeing farther or deeper into the subject of his attention. It's just a flighty, impractical Ne, the trademark of an unemployed auxiliary function looking for something to do.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
Did you take the cognitive functions test?
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
I'm starting to think the Ti-Ni loop theory might make sense. :thinking:

Most likely types in order based on the test:

1. INTP
2. ENTP
3. ISTP

Thanks for the link!

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.1)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.1)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.3)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (-1.1)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (18.8)
limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or ISTP

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (-1.1)
unused
Is this real? And I thought my Fe usage was low. Yours is negative! :happy2:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your strongest functions are Ni and Te and it still have you INTP?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your strongest functions are Ni and Te and it still have you INTP?
You didn't read very carefully; according to the test, his top functions 2 are in fact Ne and Ti.

I think IXTP is a given...:)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooops. Damn those small cellphone displays!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You didn't read very carefully; according to the test, his top functions 2 are in fact Ne and Ti.

I think IXTP is a given...:)

If it doesn't even test for P or J, then how can you say that P is a given? Shouldn't it be INTX?

I don't know what happened to typing expertise these days. The video was good enough, so why test at all? It's like my doctor who wants me to have an expensive MRI done for a condition that is obvious to diagnose. There's just too much over-thinking going on here all the time, as in the Eric B post. This shouldn't be complicated at all.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it doesn't even test for P or J, then how can you say that P is a given? Shouldn't it be INTX?

I don't know what happened to typing expertise these days. The video was good enough, so why test at all? It's like my doctor who wants me to have an expensive MRI done for a condition that is obvious to diagnose. There's just too much over-thinking going on here all the time, as in the Eric B post. This shouldn't be complicated at all.

Based on what I have gathered, you are definitely an IxTx correct, since you are pretty balanced on ISTP Vs. INTP (like me), but N is probably our natural state (how many ISTPs are into cosmology?). Your type also says TiNi, which would imply if you are intuitive that you could either be INTP(Ti) or INTJ(Ni), but INTP seems more likely since that is the balancing point between the 3 types mentioned. Maybe if you talked about your own personality, it would make things more clear for you, me, and for any other people in this ISTP/INTP/INTJ TiNi paradox. You could do that here or you could start a new thread entirely, but I would be very interested in how you might be an INTP with highly developed Ni. Thanks!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on what I have gathered, you are definitely an IxTx correct, since you are pretty balanced on ISTP Vs. INTP (like me), but N is probably our natural state (how many ISTPs are into cosmology?). Your type also says TiNi, which would imply if you are intuitive that you could either be INTP(Ti) or INTJ(Ni), but INTP seems more likely since that is the balancing point between the 3 types mentioned. Maybe if you talked about your own personality, it would make things more clear for you, me, and for any other people in this ISTP/INTP/INTJ TiNi paradox. You could do that here or you could start a new thread entirely, but I would be very interested in how you might be an INTP with highly developed Ni. Thanks!

The question is more like, How many ISTPs are into Kant? They are into things such as mechanics. (Of course someone will now dog me for months about how not all ISTPs are interested in things such as mechanics, and how some of them actually like philosophy.)

There have been many posts sent to these forums attempting to resolve type paradoxes. The tertiary type of the INTP is ISTJ. But that doesn't answer the Ni question of why it scores high on our tests. That would be an individual question, whereas cognitive functions are related to the collective (humanity) via the unconscious. I guess to put it simply, I'm into some Ni traits right now because of external life influences. The last time I went on vacation, for example, I scored higher on Fi.

So I wouldn't call it highly-developed Ni. I can write Gregg short-hand, if I want, but it's not a developed skill as I lack practice and my hands are short on muscular coordination.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Speaking of Ni being high on the list for no apparent reason, I just spotted this in a sig:

Fi>Ni>Fe>Si>Ne>Ti>Te>Se

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well fellas it has been a long journey, but the Ti-Ni loop is too big to ignore. I am ISTP! Thanks for helping me piece this puzzle together for all who commented here and see this comment.

Now I just need some good links to ISTP descriptions. Please post them here if you see any. Anybody who does gets a reputation point from me. Thanks!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone told me that I need to see a psychiatrist. Does anybody know of any good psychiatrists on Typology Central? If so, post a link to their channel page below this post. Any help wpuld be appreciated.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Someone told me that I need to see a psychiatrist. Does anybody know of any good psychiatrists on Typology Central? If so, post a link to their channel page below this post. Any help wpuld be appreciated.

Why not look for one through yellow pages?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well before I said ISTP... but now I change my mind! Someone told me to try to get back in touch with my Se, but I can't. Why you ask? Because it doesn't even exist on my list of cognitive functions. I am INTP like everyone pretty much voted with a well developed Ni! I could be INTJ or ISTP but INTP is the nalancing point between those types so I am picking INTP. Also Nikola Tesla was speculated for INTJ, but on the below forum, they decided he is INTP with well developed Ni (like me). I suppose some people break some of the rules of MBTI...
http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=14202

Some pople though think he could be INTJ (I could be as well), so I am open for an argument for that type, But if nobody can convince me otherwise, I am sticking with 5w6 INTP like [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] said.

Last edited: