• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

After 8 years, still not sure what my type is. Help?

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
First, some relevant aspects of my personality. I discuss what I think I am after that, but I want you to come to your own conclusions first. Thanks for the help!

- Enjoy meeting new people, always looking for a crowd.
- I'm normally friendly and polite, but I'll definitely be tough if I think someone can take it
- I walk fast all the time. If someone's with me, they can catch up. Getting stuck behind someone standing on an escalator makes me want to explode.
- Love exercise and physical activity
- Enjoy debate, strategy games, and public speaking
- Dislike authority and restricted freedom. I have no problem breaking the rules.
- Not good at expressing my internal beliefs when questioned. They make perfect sense in my head, but it's difficult to draw them forth.
- As a teenager, I was a romantic idealist and overly critical of those closest to me. I've gotten better at going with the flow and am now quite a cynic.
- Everything I do has to fit with my quest for personal fulfillment. I hate trivial or pointless tasks.
- I try to budget my time, but procrastinate horribly. Physical space is well organized.
- Very good sense of style and aesthetics in general
- I thrive off creating new worlds, especially through fiction writing or video games. But ultimately, I'd rather live my own life than dream of someone else's.
- I jump between several interests, but when one grabs me I'll pursue it obsessively
- Shamelessly narcissistic (but not egoistic!)
- Think before I talk. I'm a very judicious writer
- Very comfortable with leading people, but I won't pursue leadership if everything is already going smoothly
- Introspective
- Love learning about how things work. Engineer by profession.
- I have no reservations about manipulating people, though I'd rather come across as my authentic self
- Good at picking up patterns
- Dry sense of humor that often goes undetected. Sometimes witty / a smartass
- I've been told I tend to talk in absolutes and am too afraid of being wrong

So we're looking at ENTP or ENTJ. I think I seem more ENTJ on paper, but I have a few serious reservations. First, the time management. I like being scheduled, but I always put fun before work. Maybe I just fail at Te? I use Ti quite a lot. Likewise, I identify more with Ne than Ni. Fe and Fi are about equal, though I think it's more likely that the apparent Fi is a result of other processes. Finally, I have a strong Se component. Si can drop off the face of the planet for all I care.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Perhaps you adapt well to your environment and don't need to be pigeonholed. That being said, you seem exhausting, so maybe you are an ENTJ/P. ;P

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds more entp. I think entjs tend to romanticize themselves more and see themselves as a "white knight" who will save the world (through solving its problems).

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- Enjoy meeting new people, always looking for a crowd. Pe
- I'm normally friendly and polite, but I'll definitely be tough if I think someone can take it 8
- I walk fast all the time. If someone's with me, they can catch up. Getting stuck behind someone standing on an escalator makes me want to explode. 3
- Love exercise and physical activity Se
- Enjoy debate, strategy games, and public speaking Ne
- Dislike authority and restricted freedom. I have no problem breaking the rules. 8
- Not good at expressing my internal beliefs when questioned. They make perfect sense in my head, but it's difficult to draw them forth. 3
- As a teenager, I was a romantic idealist and overly critical of those closest to me. I've gotten better at going with the flow and am now quite a cynic. 4
- Everything I do has to fit with my quest for personal fulfillment. I hate trivial or pointless tasks. 3
- I try to budget my time, but procrastinate horribly. Physical space is well organized. 3
- Very good sense of style and aesthetics in general Se
- I thrive off creating new worlds, especially through fiction writing or video games. But ultimately, I'd rather live my own life than dream of someone else's. 3
- I jump between several interests, but when one grabs me I'll pursue it obsessively Ne
- Shamelessly narcissistic (but not egoistic!) 3
- Think before I talk. I'm a very judicious writer Ti
- Very comfortable with leading people, but I won't pursue leadership if everything is already going smoothly
- Introspective 4 Ji
- Love learning about how things work. Engineer by profession. Ne
- I have no reservations about manipulating people, though I'd rather come across as my authentic self 3
- Good at picking up patterns Ne
- Dry sense of humor that often goes undetected. Sometimes witty / a smartass Ti
- I've been told I tend to talk in absolutes and am too afraid of being wrong 1

ENTP 3w4 sp/sx

Full tri-type: 3w4 > 8w9 > 5w6 sp/sx

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Perhaps you adapt well to your environment and don't need to be pigeonholed. That being said, you seem exhausting, so maybe you are an ENTJ/P. ;P
Yeah, say no to labels! :D You're certainly right, my energy level is through the roof. Definitely agree with ENT_.

Sounds more entp. I think entjs tend to romanticize themselves more and see themselves as a "white knight" who will save the world (through solving its problems).
For sure. That's one reason for my confusion, though. I currently resemble an ENTP in many ways, but as a kid I couldn't stand the suffering other people went through while I had it so easy. The solution? Take over the world and force it to change :cool: Of course I now realize that's impossible, but I'll still help fix things to the best of my ability.

ENTP 3w4 sp/sx

Full tri-type: 3w4 > 8w9 > 5w6 sp/sx
...wow. 100% spot on with the enneagram, including the instincts. Bravo. Does the fact that I've spent 24 hours straight trying to validate all this support ENTP or ENTJ? I didn't sleep last night, was too busy doing this.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...wow. 100% spot on with the enneagram, including the instincts. Bravo.

What can I say? I'm just that good at typing :cool:

Does the fact that I've spent 24 hours straight trying to validate all this support ENTP or ENTJ? I didn't sleep last night, was too busy doing this.

ENTP. Ne+Ti dominance drives your curiosity to know what it unknown, even at the cost of what may be considered efficient. A Te+Ni user would have just looked up the most credible source available, verified type, and gone to bed with his mind at ease.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think entps often get a bad rap they don't deserve. I've only known one entj who was "dishonorable" if you will. He was not as indecisive as you seem to be maybe open minded is better wording. Very quick at wanting to categorize things. I think this gives Te types a sense of existential security.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't tell if I am ISTP, INTP, INTJ, or even ISTJ! I have seen arguments for all 4. Does anyone know of any good websites describing these types in detail?

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think entps often get a bad rap they don't deserve. I've only known one entj who was "dishonorable" if you will. He was not as indecisive as you seem to be maybe open minded is better wording. Very quick at wanting to categorize things. I think this gives Te types a sense of existential security.

Hmm, bad rap for ENTPs? I get the opposite impression on personality sites: people see ENTPs as funny, friendly, and full of ideas, though certainly prone to evil or insanity. Meanwhile, ENTJs get a very one-dimensional treatment: they're all executives, and usually over-controlling + not very fun. They get the job done, but who wants to be friends with that?

That said, I used to see ENTJ as "the best." The possibility that I may not live up to that - be "dishonorable" as you say - was a big concern of mine. It caused a lot of bias when trying to determine my type. I was aware of the bias, but it remains a main reason for still not knowing what I am.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mean dishonourable in the sense of having game lol. Which is why infj and entj tend to get along imo. Both tend towards chivalrous courtly love kind of relationships that I think most entps find naive

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP close to being J? Or although maybe those times you're close to J..Is that when you're doing things you'd rather not? That would make sense if your J engages a difficult situation.

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can't tell if I am ISTP, INTP, INTJ, or even ISTJ! I have seen arguments for all 4. Does anyone know of any good websites describing these types in detail?
It's all about the cognitive processes. This quiz. This guy's excellent channel: INTP vs ISTP ISTJ vs ISTP Bill Gates And read up on the interactions between type and processes here.

I mean dishonourable in the sense of having game lol. Which is why infj and entj tend to get along imo. Both tend towards chivalrous courtly love kind of relationships that I think most entps find naive

Ah ok. I wouldn't call that dishonorable, just different preferences. But yeah, I could see that. I used to believe in soul mates, finding my perfect partner in crime, all that... now I just like meeting and understanding members of the opposite sex (and seducing them. that's fun :cool:).

ENTP close to being J? Or although maybe those times you're close to J..Is that when you're doing things you'd rather not? That would make sense if your J engages a difficult situation.

Opposite, actually. When doing things I enjoy I get in this mode where I'm super efficient, managing everything perfectly, king of the world. When doing "things that just need to get done," I get distracted by a dozen things before getting around to the task at hand. And once I start it, I'm incredibly inefficient.

Problem is, "ENTP close to J" doesn't make sense when you look at the underlying functions. ENTP = strong Ne and Ti; ENTJ = Te and Ni. To further add to the confusion, I have very well-developed Fi and Se, but only slight Fe and nonexistent Si.

S

Society

First, some relevant aspects of my personality. I discuss what I think I am after that, but I want you to come to your own conclusions first. Thanks for the help!

- Enjoy meeting new people, always looking for a crowd. Extroverted
- I'm normally friendly and polite, but I'll definitely be tough if I think someone can take it Fe
- I walk fast all the time. If someone's with me, they can catch up. Getting stuck behind someone standing on an escalator makes me want to explode. too much sugar
- Love exercise and physical activity Se
- Enjoy debate, strategy games, and public speaking this can apply to Ni/Ne/Ti/Te, but does suggest that your extroverted
- Dislike authority and restricted freedom. I have no problem breaking the rules. J
- Not good at expressing my internal beliefs when questioned. They make perfect sense in my head, but it's difficult to draw them forth.
- As a teenager, I was a romantic idealist and overly critical of those closest to me. I've gotten better at going with the flow and am now quite a cynic. lack of Ti
- Everything I do has to fit with my quest for personal fulfillment. I hate trivial or pointless tasks.
- I try to budget my time, but procrastinate horribly. Physical space is well organized. P
- Very good sense of style and aesthetics in general Se
- I thrive off creating new worlds, especially through fiction writing or video games. But ultimately, I'd rather live my own life than dream of someone else's. Ni/Ne
- I jump between several interests, but when one grabs me I'll pursue it obsessively
- Shamelessly narcissistic (but not egoistic!)
- Think before I talk. I'm a very judicious writer
- Introspective
- Love learning about how things work. Engineer by profession.
- I have no reservations about manipulating people, though I'd rather come across as my authentic self
- Good at picking up patterns
- Dry sense of humor that often goes undetected. Sometimes witty / a smartass
- I've been told I tend to talk in absolutes and am too afraid of being wrong

So we're looking at ENTP or ENTJ. I think I seem more ENTJ on paper, but I have a few serious reservations. First, the time management. I like being scheduled, but I always put fun before work. Maybe I just fail at Te? I use Ti quite a lot. Likewise, I identify more with Ne than Ni. Fe and Fi are about equal, though I think it's more likely that the apparent Fi is a result of other processes. Finally, I have a strong Se component. Si can drop off the face of the planet for all I care.

i am reading Se, Ti, Fe, Ni.

i would guess ESTP.

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i am reading Se, Ti, Fe, Ni.

i would guess ESTP.

You know, one of my greatest fears is that I'm actually an S in denial. You're scaring me ;)

Increasingly, there are times I resemble an ESTP or even ESFP - especially when socializing. However, it would be really, really difficult to convince somebody who knows me well that I'm not a rational.

Nice picture by the way. Tyrion is one of my favorite characters in the novels.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know, one of my greatest fears is that I'm actually an S in denial. You're scaring me ;)
Increasingly, there are times I resemble an ESTP or even ESFP - especially when socializing. However, it would be really, really difficult to convince somebody who knows me well that I'm not a rational.

Excuse me, can I start choking you now?

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Excuse me, can I start choking you now?

Holy wow, 18K posts? You can choke me, but only if I get to shake your hand first.

I was born to strategize, and I expect myself to be as good at it as possible. As a result, I have trouble imagining myself as anything but an NT. Nothing against you. SP's are very cool people, though I do tend to associate more with ESP's. The only temperament I really dislike are the stodgy SJs :)

While we're at it, any advice for dating ISFP's (females)? I don't know many, so when I asked one out recently I was a bit unprepared!

S

Society

the terminology of the MBTI is one of the worst jargon kits i have ever seen, by confusing the terms with the stereotypes outside the jargon, you'd be missing on the fact that you can be a quite rational SP or a very irrational NT. just because your Ti is lead by Se rather then Ne doesn't make it any less developed. also, you sound Fe rather then Fi, which is why i am thinking ESTP rather then ESFP. the stereotype about S's being less intelligent as an applicable generalization is also utter nonsense.

so go wild, enjoy your Se dominated world, which as i understand it means basking in your P-ness... or something like that...

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
the terminology of the MBTI is one of the worst jargon kits i have ever seen, by confusing the terms with the stereotypes outside the jargon, you'd be missing on the fact that you can be a quite rational SP or a very irrational NT. just because your Ti is lead by Se rather then Ne doesn't make it any less developed. also, you sound Fe rather then Fi, which is why i am thinking ESTP rather then ESFP. the stereotype about S's being less intelligent as an applicable generalization is also utter nonsense.

so go wild, enjoy your Se dominated world, which as i understand it means basking in your P-ness... or something like that...

Non-NTs can be equally intelligent, of course, but it's a very different thought process. Now I'm wondering exactly what it means to be an NT...

You bring up some good points. Still, it's like you just told me Darth Vader is my father. It would probably be cool to be a Sith, but the idea takes some getting used to.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's all about the cognitive processes. This quiz. This guy's excellent channel: INTP vs ISTP ISTJ vs ISTP Bill Gates And read up on the interactions between type and processes here.

Well I took the test and got INTP for the functions, but a couple of days ago an INTJ watched a video of mine and said I was likely INTJ because of Ni, and then again, in the past I and my family used to think I was ISTP so I have no idea what type I am lol. Thanks for the help.

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well I took the test and got INTP for the functions, but a couple of days ago an INTJ watched a video of mine and said I was likely INTJ because of Ni, and then again, in the past I and my family used to think I was ISTP so I have no idea what type I am lol. Thanks for the help.

Maybe make your own post and see if we could help figure it out? I'd certainly throw in my two cents if you provided more info. The best part is, we're both trying to decide between NTJ, NTP, and STP. But now I'm wondering if I'm an I with E tendencies...