• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my girlfriend's Type?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm thinking the possibility is strong now that she's an ISFP, because asking if head-hiding is an evolved trait isn't a "weird" question, in my opinion. However, to someone who rejects Ne, someone with tertiary Ni might seem to ask "weird" questions about things that just happened in the Se environment.

Like JTG1984 is an ISTJ (the one I mentioned above) and he is uber-convinced I am an ISFP, that I'm Se driven, but not an Se dom, and he would ask me very occasionally "where do you get this shit?" and I think in those moments I was using more Ni and his Si was like "fuck you."

Since I'm not a 9, it's hard for me sometimes to understand their motivations, just like it's hard for some people to fathom an ISFP being a counterphobic 6. Like people seem to want me to be ExFP, or Eminem (who is another counterphobic 6 ISFP) people seem to want him to be ISTP, even though he's obviously an Fi type.

If Eminem isn't an Fi dom counterphobic 6w5, I will eat my hat. The 5 wing makes him seem more IxTP-ish and my 7 wing makes me seem more ExFP-ish.

Anyway, just be careful of typing your girlfriend as ISFP BECAUSE she is a 9. I used to make that mistake. Not that ISFPs are all 9s, but that the way a 9 behaves is what an ISFP somehow *is.*

Because it isn't.

Yeah. But if you watch that video where Eminem talks about how he always thinks about how to re-say words and syllables, and how his toolbox (literally) is filled with lines of his poetry, I think it's pretty obvious he's an ISTP. That doesn't mean his Fi isn't well-developed however. I think maybe that children from extremely dysfunctional families are likely to have relied on Fi and Ni to a large degree.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah. But if you watch that video where Eminem talks about how he always thinks about how to re-say words and syllables, and how his toolbox (literally) is filled with lines of his poetry, I think it's pretty obvious he's an ISTP. That doesn't mean his Fi isn't well-developed however. I think maybe that children from extremely dysfunctional families are likely to have relied on Fi and Ni to a large degree.

Ti rejects Fi. Eminem is Fi driven. I am an Fi type and I am a writer, like Eminem. Eminem is being a writer, and an artist, not a Ti dom. He is thinking of how to re-say words and syllables because of how they will SOUND in his songs. That is Se, not Ti word precision. I am a huge Eminem fan and I comprehend exactly what he does, and that is make words either meaningfully or hilariously fit into his rhymes.

And that comment about toolboxes was just ...lolwut? Could you stereotype a little more please? He's a guy. He has a tool box. Mmmkay.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quote Originally Posted by Kai
Test in 2010
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.7)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.9)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.9)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************** (20.6)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.5)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP

These results look just like mine, except I score higher Ni than Ne and lower on both T's. Tests most often say I'm ISFP or ESFJ.

estj sounds just fine. lack of planning past a 4-5 months period can very well be connected to a preference for Si vs Ni as creative function.

Correct. I didn't used to plan as much as I do now and even now I don't always plan. I also know another ESTJ who is a terrible planner, assuming you're comparing him to other great SJ planners, but a really great one if you're comparing him to FP's.

Snow Turtle

These results look just like mine, except I score higher Ni than Ne and lower on both T's. Tests most often say I'm ISFP or ESFJ.

Correct. I didn't used to plan as much as I do now and even now I don't always plan. I also know another ESTJ who is a terrible planner, assuming you're comparing him to other great SJ planners, but a really great one if you're comparing him to FP's.

Actually... That's a good point. I'm a terrible planner when it comes to my day-to-day life which can sometimes leave me in trouble if I haven't given myself enough time to accomplish things. From the outside, one could say that my girlfriend is much more organized than I am in terms of her daily lifestyle, where as I'm just... eh I don't mind, my timetable is pretty flexible. The whole planning aspect to determine type breaks down when it comes to lazy-procrastinating behaviour. It's worse when there's too much free time.

If she's an SJ. That would mean that I've probably mistype myself. That or I'm so biased to the idea that she's different to me, that I can't really accept the idea that she's an ISFJ too. Wouldn't be too weird though, I know like 2-3 ISFJs... and they're all pretty different to each other.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually... That's a good point. I'm a terrible planner when it comes to my day-to-day life which can sometimes leave me in trouble if I haven't given myself enough time to accomplish things. From the outside, one could say that my girlfriend is much more organized than I am in terms of her daily lifestyle, where as I'm just... eh I don't mind, my timetable is pretty flexible. The whole planning aspect to determine type breaks down when it comes to lazy-procrastinating behaviour. It's worse when there's too much free time.

If she's an SJ. That would mean that I've probably mistype myself. That or I'm so biased to the idea that she's different to me, that I can't really accept the idea that she's an ISFJ too. Wouldn't be too weird though, I know like 2-3 ISFJs... and they're all pretty different to each other.

Well her external organization of her world probably means she might be an ISTJ then. That's Te, that's why her Te is so high. ISTJs can be 9w1, JTG is. And they can seem ISFP-ish if they're in an Si/Fi loop.

You know what's weird, is that my ISTJ grandfather would sometimes reply "oh nothing" when I was asking what he was thinking about, and I think that's a way ISTJs may protect their tertiary Fi, which is a lot more childlike than an FP, so they often try to protect it, but it still affects them more than it would for an ExTJ.

You could be ISFJ and lack her need for control of her external environment. SFJs can be messy, contrary to popular belief, if they haven't learned order as part of their personal Si. No Te.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ti rejects Fi. Eminem is Fi driven. I am an Fi type and I am a writer, like Eminem. Eminem is being a writer, and an artist, not a Ti dom. He is thinking of how to re-say words and syllables because of how they will SOUND in his songs. That is Se, not Ti word precision. I am a huge Eminem fan and I comprehend exactly what he does, and that is make words either meaningfully or hilariously fit into his rhymes.

And that comment about toolboxes was just ...lolwut? Could you stereotype a little more please? He's a guy. He has a tool box. Mmmkay.

Wow. You are quite full of yourself, no? :) Not the Marmie I remember. But I guess you got quite the persona going later on....after I checked out of the forum for a while.

If Ti isn't Thinking constantly to oneself about how a word sounds best to fit in to a song, and to create new songs, I don't know what it is. That is not Se. Se would be (might be) stumbling upon new words in literature or songs or in the world and noticing them.

I appreciate the toolbox for the symbolism for an ISTPs tools. Eminem's tools are his words. I'm a huge Eminem fan too, mostly of his later stuff. I don't think being a fan or not makes one adept at typing others.

Ciao.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow. You are quite full of yourself, no? :) Not the Marmie I remember. But I guess you got quite the persona going later on....after I checked out of the forum for a while.

If Ti isn't Thinking constantly to oneself about how a word sounds best to fit in to a song, and to create new songs, I don't know what it is. That is not Se. Se would be (might be) stumbling upon new words in literature or songs or in the world and noticing them.

I appreciate the toolbox for the symbolism for an ISTPs tools. Eminem's tools are his words. I'm a huge Eminem fan too, mostly of his later stuff. I don't think being a fan or not makes one adept at typing others.

Ciao.

Haha...I'm full of myself? I wasn't rude enough to tell you how insane you were being when you were stalking that INTJ guy last fall, or when you made a thread in the graveyard insulting people who were trying to help you when you were trying to leave the forum, did I? No. But I did just now, since you personally chose to go there. I've always been nice and supportive to you.

It's just that I know more about personality theory than you do, and literally saying ISTPs have tool boxes is the height of absurdity, it's like saying all ESFJs are literally mothers.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hahahahahahhahaha. me stalk the intj? LOLOLOL

You go Girl.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Does that bother you?

No it's just that I've never said "hey you're being crazy" and I never said "hey you're being a bitch" when you insulted cascadeco unnecessarily in your graveyard thread, because I've always tried to treat you with respect.

I didn't say anything that outlandish to you just now, in my comment about Eminem. I said what I'd say to anybody who promoted absurd stereotypes like "ISTPs have tool boxes" it wasn't personal. In fact, I was nicer to you than I'd be to some. All I said was "lolwut"...I mean I could have said "hey go actually read Jung, troll" or something along those lines, but I didn't, because I know you're not a troll.

But you really should read Jung.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha. I <3 Jung. I've read enough. I think he was brilliant in discovering the functions. But I disagree with him in a few areas regarding typology.

Condescend much?

And why all the backlash about Cascade? She was being condescending as well. I called her out on it. Deal.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hahaha. I <3 Jung. I've read enough. I think he was brilliant in discovering the functions. But I disagree with him in a few areas regarding typology.

Condescend much?

And why all the backlash about Cascade? She was being condescending as well. I called her out on it. Deal.

I'd rather not deal with you, frankly.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Ftr, Marm is right: your arguments as to why Eminem is an ISTP are absurd.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Unless he's taken the MBTI I guess it's up for grabs. I think I'm a pretty good typist.

Jaguar

Eminem's tools are his words.

You two ladies can throw food at each other all night, but I wanted to lean my head in here and just say it's about time someone realized that a 'tool' is not limited to a hammer.

A theory is a tool, a camera is a tool, words are a tool, your vocal chords are a tool, a scalpel is a tool, a paint brush is a tool, hell, your entire body can be used as a tool to express oneself in dance or martial arts. In any writer's magazine, it's not remotely unusual for a person to refer to 'a writer's toolbox.' What the hell do you think that means — a screwdriver? Frankly, it amazes me that anyone who claims to have a degree in English wouldn't know that 'toolbox' is used both literally and figuratively.

I always laugh when an alleged INTP says, "I can't be ISTP, I don't use tools!" Talk about ironic. Only the most concrete thinkers would assume 'tool' means nothing more than what is put in a steel box or worn on a belt.

The core needs for the Improviserâ„¢ are to have the freedom to act without hindrance and to see a marked result from action. They highly value aesthetics, whether in nature or art. Their energies are focused on skillful performance, variety, and stimulation. They tend to be gifted at employing the available means to accomplish an end. Their creativity is revealed by the variety of solutions they come up with. They are talented at using tools, whether the tool be language, theories, a paint brush, or a computer.

http://www.4temperaments.com/thewhy.html