• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me figure out my type?

Spiritual Science

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think I'm an INFJ but I'm having doubts. Perhaps this doubt says something about my type?

I am positive I am introverted, sometimes extremely so. I'm living with roommates again now, this time after college and they're all my friends (girlfriend included) and sometimes the constant company can really get draining. I then retreat into my room and then I'm guilted back into being in the same room as everyone.

I am pretty sure I'm a J type. I was recently unemployed and I just got a job as a cook (what I've always done). Today (my first day) I am informed via voicemail that the staffing group has some openings for me (go figure). I'm trying to get out of kitchens, but the security of having a job kinda outweighs the possibility of leaving for yet another one, although I may be happier in an office setting.

I occasionally have somewhat psychic moments, and I'm generally intuitive. My friends will often say: "How did you know what I was thinking" in an astonished way. Although sometimes I have a split or at least confused personality.

The one I am most unsure of is the Feeling type. I sometimes feel like I'm an INTJ.

Anyways, this probably wasn't that helpful but I appreciate any insight! Thanks for reading!

S

SingSmileShine

Both have dominant Ni (introverted intuition), showing their complex and abstract thoughts on life and the possibilities it entails. You are a very beneath-the-surface person who is good at deciphering hidden meanings. But the auxiliary function of INFJ is Fe. For INTJ, it's Te. Quoth this cool website (click on the hyperlink)

Their auxiliary extraverted Thinking leads INTJs to structure their external lives to provide rational order. They use their Thinking to communicate ideas logically and clearly. Logic is not the final judge, however. If someone's analysis or ideas do not fit with the INTJs internal intuitive pattern and insights (their dominant introverted Intuition), INTJs will reject them, regardless of how clear and logical they seem to be. INTJs will then stubbornly cling to what they know is right.

Their auxiliary extraverted Feeling leads INFJs to focus on values and loyalty to others. INFJs work to structure environments to take account of the needs of others and provide ways for people to realize their goals. However, if something proposed by others does not fit with their inner vision (their dominant introverted Intuition) they will usually reject it forcefully, even when it is suggested by someone important to them and seems to others to exemplify INFJs values. They put intense effort into bringing the external world in line with their inner vision.

Spiritual Science

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks for the input and the great link. So the question is: What is my auxillary function, extraverted feeling or extraverted thinking?

S

SingSmileShine

Assuming you're an INFJ, your auxiliary function is extraverted Feeling. If you feel that you're an INTJ, however, your auxiliary would be extraverted Thinking. You seem INFJ to me, though! So, if you are, which I think you are, it would be extraverted Feeling.

Oh - and no problem! Happy to help :thumbup:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm an INFJ but I'm having doubts. Perhaps this doubt says something about my type?

I am positive I am introverted, sometimes extremely so. I'm living with roommates again now, this time after college and they're all my friends (girlfriend included) and sometimes the constant company can really get draining. I then retreat into my room and then I'm guilted back into being in the same room as everyone.

I am pretty sure I'm a J type. I was recently unemployed and I just got a job as a cook (what I've always done). Today (my first day) I am informed via voicemail that the staffing group has some openings for me (go figure). I'm trying to get out of kitchens, but the security of having a job kinda outweighs the possibility of leaving for yet another one, although I may be happier in an office setting.

I occasionally have somewhat psychic moments, and I'm generally intuitive. My friends will often say: "How did you know what I was thinking" in an astonished way. Although sometimes I have a split or at least confused personality.

The one I am most unsure of is the Feeling type. I sometimes feel like I'm an INTJ.

Anyways, this probably wasn't that helpful but I appreciate any insight! Thanks for reading!

That all describes a Ni-Ti loop. You get an INTJ vibe based on the presence of Ti, but it's not really INTJ, it's INTP. The INTP probably has been a source of skeptical thinking.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Based on an overall impression, you sound more like an INFJ comfortable with Fe than an INTJ in touch with Fi.