• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me please. Because I want to finally make sense of this all.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She just follows the general description of the scientist group.
Her whole purpose in life is to understand the world and to do so from a mechanical point of view. She's not interested in sociology, nor human interactions, in fact she often feels out of place with people's expectations and/or rules, as if it was there was a code book she didn't receive. She prefers and is interested in things that are factual and measurable.
Woah there. Okay, we disagree. Before we jump ahead to INT_, would you care to explain what makes her so NT?

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
She just follows the general description of the scientist group.
Her whole purpose in life is to understand the world and to do so from a mechanical point of view. She's not interested in sociology, nor human interactions, in fact she often feels out of place with people's expectations and/or rules, as if it was there was a code book she didn't receive. She prefers and is interested in things that are factual and measurable.

Cool, thanks for elaborating. Now that I think about it, that does makes sense.

When I merge your own descriptions and test results I would say that you are most likely to be an INTP or a INFJ that is stuck in a NiTi loop (INFJ type 5)

I simply dont see any real TJ arrogance in you and you seem to be a fairly passive person from your enneagram results.

"TJ arrogance" - good way to put it. If she is a T, she's definitely a TP. Do you see any signs of Ne? She doesn't remind me of the INTP's I know, but maybe because I spend so much time around "nerdy" ones I've forgotten that INTP's can be "normal," too.

(note: I'm sticking with INFJ for the time being.)

Last edited:

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Cool, thanks for elaborating. Now that I think about it, that does makes sense.

"TJ arrogance" - good way to put it. If she is a T, she's definitely a TP. Do you see any signs of Ne? She doesn't remind me of the INTP's I know, but maybe because I spend so much time around "nerdy" ones I've forgotten that INTP's can be "normal," too.

(note: I'm sticking with INFJ for the time being.)

I'm not sure how I would write to tell you if I use Ne or not... I wasn't asked anything that could make you lean to either or.
I'm not really "normal" or "nerdy" though I'm sure stereotypically most of my life I would lean more on the nerdy side, again I didn't include anything from which you could come up with that conclusion so that's confusing but okay. INFJ is fine. I'll just have to figure out the difference between a looping INFJ and an INTP for now. I've been like this most of my life though so, I must have been looping since birth if I am an INFJ. Maybe.
Thanks.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
My first reaction is INTP. Ti is obvious.
Don't look at what you do, look at why you do it.

I just read through your post again, still strongly get INTP.

Your Ti is obvious in your need for clear communication, inability to put your thoughts into words, even your discrepency with the system itself. You seem to have worked it from all angles and keep getting caught up on the exceptional case (INFJ 4's that relate to Fi) but in and off itself, this is clear example of Ti trying to perfect a system and struggling because MBTI isn't perfect.

I see what I think could be aux Ne, as you use multiple external objects through out your post as consideration.

"And act certain ways around certain groups of people because I know they have a preconceived notion of me"
That is more Fe

Going off dichotomy alone, INT seems like a win. I don't know many INTJ's that "I over think everything, the workings of everything, why things are the way they are." to this degree. INTJ is more likely to figure out its use and purpose and implement.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Oh. Se v Ne.

I think you are too attached to the actual data. I think you are trying to realize the moment, instead of moving past it, let alone diverge from it.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
ISTP... Might as well.

I never saw these responses.

Thanks for the feedback! That's something to think about. I've come to quite a good understanding of the functions, so it may be easier for me to come to a conclusion now.
ISTP, is there anything in specific that made you come to that conclusion?

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Oh. Se v Ne.

I think you are too attached to the actual data. I think you are trying to realize the moment, instead of moving past it, let alone diverge from it.

I don't live in the moment, or try to realize, but that is very interesting that you got that impression. I wish I could live in the present moment and experience things. Quite the complete opposite of me. I don't pay attention to anything around me, nor actually data for what it is, everything has room for another possibility and not everything just is. I'm not that attached to actual data in itself. I take the data for what it is, and try to make something of it in my head. I come up with my own ideas and concepts and theories about things, and the could be derived from the original data read. (Subjective)
I move past things when I lose interest in the guess because I probably understood what I wanted to understand finally, if it interests me I obsess and delve into whatever the concept may be.

Sometimes I can't move past things, but I have OCD, but that's a completely different topic. :blush:

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
My first reaction is INTP. Ti is obvious.
Don't look at what you do, look at why you do it.

I just read through your post again, still strongly get INTP.

Your Ti is obvious in your need for clear communication, inability to put your thoughts into words, even your discrepency with the system itself. You seem to have worked it from all angles and keep getting caught up on the exceptional case (INFJ 4's that relate to Fi) but in and off itself, this is clear example of Ti trying to perfect a system and struggling because MBTI isn't perfect.

I see what I think could be aux Ne, as you use multiple external objects through out your post as consideration.

"And act certain ways around certain groups of people because I know they have a preconceived notion of me"
That is more Fe

Going off dichotomy alone, INT seems like a win. I don't know many INTJ's that "I over think everything, the workings of everything, why things are the way they are." to this degree. INTJ is more likely to figure out its use and purpose and implement.

Thank you, I'm definitely looking into INTP now.. This has take me quite a while to figure out. From INFJ to INFP considered, nothing.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Feel free to skim my rant:

For some reason in the past year and a half i've been convincing myself (due to people around me) that I felt certain things, or "cared" about certain things. As of lately after reading another type me thread I made on another forum a while ago, I realized how off everything I wrote was from what I actually think in my head. I would write things people around me "wanted" me to be like or persisted I was like because I was around them when writing the type me forum, or they'd re read my thread to make sure it sounded accurate and suggest things they thought i'd missed.....either this or i'd include things based on the way I acted around them or the impression I wanted them to get, in a way. (To be more appealing to a certain person.)

Anywho, in the past 2 years, my mind seems much for scattered than normal, any contradiction seems to throws my head into a some sort of foggy spin....but not like I normally noticed contradictions immediately when I was younger.. It's quite abnormal. A few months ago I couldn't even describe what or how I thought in the slightest.....I'd have given you the same story i'd basically almost started believing myself i mentioned above. Another reason these misconceptions were created was because when I first got into MBTI, I got into it with a friend that introduced me to it, more thoroughly, and I became majorly depressed a quarter of the way into us getting deeper into MBTI and how it works
This trying to "find yourself" thing sure can be dangerous if you're not doing great mentally already.

I think it messed me up in ways. Trying to decipher how I think, when my mind is all over the place wasn't the greatest idea. After trying to think about functions, understand them and pick through them so that I could come to some conclusion on my typing, just because, my friend would give opinions, and tell me how I actually "was". I wondered if he was onto something..... and then made statements I thought were possible about how I thought, but with no assurance.

Whole point, this has led me to a big abnormal, loopy, messed up head. My thoughts are fucked up. If I wrote how I actually think. I'd sound mean i'm assuming.
Point being, i'm thinking i'm in some "loop" in mbti standards.
Not sure how to get out of it... I've gotten out of depression it seems (aware you don't just fall out of it, it's taken a good amount of time.) But my mind still seems to have managed to feel like a foggy confused mess. I know how I think, but when it comes to verbalizing things, I can't.
At least it's more than I had 6 months ago when sometimes I wasn't even sure on what I actually thought vs. what ideas I'd made/people had gotten about myself.

People don't influence me greatly like this ramble may make it seem (don't want another misconception out there.) but the reason it happened I think was because of bad timing, and because since I was so out of it, having to choose between let's say being "Caring about social dynamic" and "Feelings within" got more difficult. Well i'm depressed so i'm focusing on my feelings technically, I answered my friend, but..... I guess I can care about socially dynamic sometimes? "How am I supposed to know what I do more that the other, I can find ways in which I do all of these things" He then proceeds to tell me something along the lines of, "Well you do this a lot, and this means this, idk I do think you care about your internal feels more" (let's say for an example.)
This would result in me contemplating the idea, and getting confused....... which led to other confusions, thoughts, loops, etc.
I'm confused at this very moment now from writing this all. :3 thinking back on it isn't the greatest for my brain.

For example even though everyone here has labeled me as an "I" I still wouldn't want to be to quick to say that. I've been considering ENTP. Can't figure out if I use Ne first or not quite just yet. May not be the case but still I wouldn't want to rule anything out quite just yet. (The first time I took the mbti test I got INTP, and then ENTP, consistently, before I knew much about the functions). Only during my depression is when my results changed to INFJ. Honestly enough, I think I, in ways wished I was an "NF" type. NT has taken my a long time to even begin to consider once I started reading on the types. Only as of recently have I began considering being a T in general. I don't really understand why I considered "NF" types at all actually. I guess I felt like I had to choose between those 4 types.... when speaking to others, or writing about myself with others.

Sorry I tend to over explain and that mixed with confusion results in a mess of a post.:blush:

My schooling sure did suffer during this entire time.

Anywho, the subjectivity of the entire test baffles me, either that or the stupidity of some. I don't really care what type I end up being anymore. I'd like to understand mbti and my type for what it is, theres not much weight to it for me but figuring it out for the sake of it is interesting. I like to delve into concepts that peak my interest, and in general i've come to get the impression that the entire thing is based on subjective shit. I thought it was based more on our motivations behind things, or what I agree with which is why it caught my interest initially. What is your take on this?

I think I am in a loop btw, whatever that may be. (For your own brains.)

So my point in this entire mess of a post.

1.Have you ever been in a loop? If you've ever been in a loop, how do you guys, whatever type you are, describe what you thought/ felt like at the time. If you managed to get out of it, how do you think you did so?

2.Do NT types have "morals" and if so, how do you believe they view them?

For my own brain.
3. Difficult to explain but i'll attempt. Has anyone here ever felt like they were just a brain... Like you're just this being living in your head controlling the every move of the "body" of flesh you've been given. So out of touch with reality to the point that you only feel as though you are your thoughts? Sometimes it could also seems as though you are watching yourself live, but it isn't really.... you. And you think about how "you're" making this body you've been given move. It feels like you're trapped in your mind and that you're viewing the world from the little windows that are your eye balls.

Did this make any sense. This entire thing was more like a rant, due to my little time of being able to write this at the moment, but I hope something in this entire post makes sense. My apologies for the massive length.

Thanks you guys.:unsure:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can tell by the way you write that you use ne. And ti
You don't write like an infj or intj at all.

Seriously.... My brain can read ne easily as if I had wrote it. It has to take its time with ni.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
I can tell by the way you write that you use ne. And ti
You don't write like an infj or intj at all.

Seriously.... My brain can read ne easily as if I had wrote it. It has to take its time with ni.

Thank you! Do you have any thoughts on how to accurately choose between both of them?
I agree with Ne.... But by the way people describe Ni in this.. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-other-personality-matrices/36241-ni-what-hell-3.html I also see how I could use Ni.

Random things: None of me in almost every way is preoccupied with the outer world. I make inferences and conclusions about the future from my own head. I look at things in multiple ways to try to figure it out, and perceive things things and try to look at the from every angle to try to understand what's going on. I shift my perceptions and views things equally from different points of view, even with things that may not exist yet, and i'm extremely detached from the external world to the point of being unhealthy i'm assuming. I assume what's going to occur, and it tends to play out in the way I assumed it would, but I'm aware I have no way of actually knowing that it will and that something else can clearly happen... it's just an inference I made.

People on that thread are saying Ni can also think about more than one possibility?
I had the impression that they honed into one idea and "just knew" they were right. People on there don't all agree with each other though so i'm assuming some of them were wrong.

^^^ Trying to write things related to Ne/Ni.. All I can think of for now.

People seems to be very contradicting in there descriptions. :/ From what I gather about the functions as I've come to understand it, so far I agree with Ti as being in my top 4 functions..
Thank you though, Ne could very much be there.

.................................................................................................

Also I'm curious, what loop does it seem like I could be in, if one at all. I'm pretty sure something is wrong with me still.. I'm trying to put my finger on what it is.. so I can get better.