• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type me?!

Korvax

If you're Si-dominant, then you are Ne-inferior. Just thought I'd let you know that. :laugh:

I think you should just let it flow and revise it later. I think free-form writing often creates some of the best ever. :)

Yeah I realized the Ne/Si error just now derp. Is it somewhat characteristic of Ti's to try validating my type for example by asking if I exemplify certain traits out of an insecurity stemming from my inability to self-attribute (I.E. what I'm doing now by asking you these millions of questions-- looking at exceptions I 'spose)

I'll take your advice on the writing, but I find that I try going too conceptual in order to seem profound to myself, and I constantly evaluate what trickles out. Whatever, I'm semi-rambling at this point.

EDIT: I also just tried writing some stuff, and re-reading it I saw how bad and overly 'conceptual/poetic' it tried to be. If I'm going to write impulsively, then trying to contain what I'm writing into a 'theme' will make it overly obvious and childish. I have no idea how to go about it- I have no idea what to write! How will I excercise my Ne in an 'intellectual' manner beyond the silliness I'm capable of conveying in relationships? It sort of depresses me how I can't use it to create anything of 'worth' or merit...

Korvax

If I'm INFP, the problems list here seems to be a pretty good descriptor of the problems I tend to have:

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP_per.html

Overpowering Fi: I need to talk to my mom to let off steam, I'm aware of her stress in dealing with my issues, but I almost selfishly continue to speak about how 'bad' I am.

My lack of 'creativity' is disconcerting if I am INFP though... As was brought up, a creative activity would be helpful... But Everything I write seems so conceptually simple/cliche- there's no poetry in what I write! I Feel like everything is obviously and palpably obvious in what I write- forced is the word.

I can be rather quirky and fun in my spoken word if I so choose... Maybe I have to abandon the 'pressing' Fi and Si fear of doing something crappy... It's all about channeling I guess? Am I even Ne or is it just ADD (both?) The Enneagram provides a nice view-point into my problem zone, but still I'm 'annoyed'!

It seems my Ne only manifests in my wacky capabilities in speech-conversation-etc. Also, with family I take on a much more direct tone sorta, like I'm less afraid of being critical in my comfort zone. I need to put my Ne (if It's in my top-2 functions) into my writing!

Also, contrary to the suggestion that Fi-Si makes, nowadays I'm pretty sociable. In the past, it was a lot worse.

Duly noted! I've done some JCF research- I'm generally familiar with the functions (read all of the descriptions Simulatedworld drafted for the various xNxx types- couldn't really designate one as me due to insecurity about type).

Korvax

This has been mentioned to death on this forum already, but I think ENFP seems likely- with 6w7 of course.

I just have such an easy time talking with folks! When I speak with them- my veneer of whatever internal function there is is torn down as I make it very easy to communicate and be jovial. After my socialization comes the internal reflection on my identity, etc.

OR is this just buffing Ne up for conversations etc.? When I became more confident in my socializing skills (wasn't afraid of being teased) I actually became a lot more outgoing too.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This has been mentioned to death on this forum already, but I think ENFP seems likely- with 6w7 of course.

I just have such an easy time talking with folks! When I speak with them- my veneer of whatever internal function there is is torn down as I make it very easy to communicate and be jovial. After my socialization comes the internal reflection on my identity, etc.

OR is this just buffing Ne up for conversations etc.? When I became more confident in my socializing skills (wasn't afraid of being teased) I actually became a lot more outgoing too.

I think you might be an outgoing INFP. You said you had rather strong Si, right? ENFP's inferior function is Si. That's not likely for you.

Korvax

I think you might be an outgoing INFP. You said you had rather strong Si, right? ENFP's inferior function is Si. That's not likely for you.

Perhaps... It's just that none of those 'creative' traits INFP's tend to have apply to me at all. Perhaps it has to do with some ADD and an inability to focus at all... Or something.