• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my annoying roommate

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Aren't college roommates just the worst? I personally believe that our personalities clash, which leads to me disliking her.

- self-absorb and self-centered
- hates being alone (won't even eat alone); is scared people are going to think she's a loser if she's seen by herself
- has a desperate desire to be well-liked by everyone
- extremely neat and organized
- plans most things in advance
- overly concern with appearance to others
- not very studious
- puts things off
- hard to get her to commit to plans/activities
- lazy; likes to be surrounded by people, but stays inside all the time
- never STFU
- if there is silence, she must make some type of noise. Seems uncomfortable with silence (even if it's 5 mins long). It's very odd
- abandonment issues, doesn't like to voice her opinion
- jumps onto anything that is popular
- doesn't seem to get the "big picture" (which I try to explain to her). She's stuck on the little details but doesn't "get" it
- comes off emotionally immature (to me, I identify as an ENFP)
- very clingy/overbearing
- doesn't form her own opinions or thoughts, takes whatever someone says as gospel instead of researching it herself
- thinks museums, art galleries, and reading is "stupid" or "gay" (her words)

That's all I have so far... I'm thinking maybe ESFJ?

G

garbage

I thought ESFJ before I even clicked the link. It's always ESFJ, because this forum is predisposed to hating ESFJs.

But the bolded
- self-absorb and self-centered
- hates being alone (won't even eat alone); is scared people are going to think she's a loser if she's seen by herself
- has a desperate desire to be well-liked by everyone
- extremely neat and organized
- plans most things in advance
- overly concern with appearance to others
- not very studious
- puts things off
- hard to get her to commit to plans/activities
- lazy; likes to be surrounded by people, but stays inside all the time
- never STFU
- if there is silence, she must make some type of noise. Seems uncomfortable with silence (even if it's 5 mins long). It's very odd
- abandonment issues, doesn't like to voice her opinion
- jumps onto anything that is popular
- doesn't seem to get the "big picture" (which I try to explain to her). She's stuck on the little details but doesn't "get" it
- comes off emotionally immature (to me, I identify as an ENFP)
- very clingy/overbearing
- doesn't form her own opinions or thoughts, takes whatever someone says as gospel instead of researching it herself
- thinks museums, art galleries, and reading is "stupid" or "gay" (her words)
reminds me of an ESFJ that I know that I love to death despite these qualities. I also don't mean to imply that ESFJs are all like this.. obviously, all types can be emotionally immature and closed-minded.

I don't know; typin' ain't going to help much here, but at least it's a good mental exercise.

Also, how do you reconcile "plans most things in advance" and "hard to get her to commit to plans/activities"?

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
^^

Haha, I thought I wrote that it was gonna' sound like a contradiction. Let me rephrase... Only plans things that SHE wants to do. Haha! She's iffy about most things. And if she isn't sure, she'll follow the person who seems "in charge". She's not into random shit either. And I'm pretty random. I usually don't know what I'm doing on a Friday night until 6PM and she plans those things in advance. But otherwise, she isn't really into planning stuff if it isn't of her interest. That is, unless someone who seems an authority figure comes in and demands something. Like a mutual friend who annoys the shit out of me as well, but that is another story. Funny enough, my roommate is scared of me. I think it's because of my enneagram (I'm an 8w7, haha).

Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't, LOL!

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
my annoying roommate

(That never gets old . . . surprisingly.)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds like a wonderful gal.

Type: ESFJ 3w2 so/sp

Might be ENFJ though, however Fe dom (desire for external validation of peers via being a self-absorbed socialite) and Ti inferior (duh like thinking for yourself is totally dumb) are certain and obvious.

Last edited:

Lottie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would think that she's an ESFJ, but I'm not entirely sure on the J, even if she pre-plans most things.

Nales

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like a wonderful gal.

Type: ESFJ 3w2 so/sp

Might be ENFJ though, however Fe dom (desire for external validation of peers via being a self-absorbed socialite) and Ti inferior (due like thinking for yourself is totally dumb) are certain and obvious.
My thoughts exactly, but emphasis on details and qualifying reading as "gay" sounds more S than N.
Fe-doms... tied with Te-doms in my "avoid at all cost" list.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fe-doms... tied with Te-doms in my "avoid at all cost" list.

Awww, why did we deserve that? But I stand behind you for ESTJs. Fuck those guys, seriously.

As for the OP, I'm in agreement with the others.