• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ExFP?

tine5

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, basically I'm stuck on Se/Ne :)

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel.”

I'm loud, opposite is quiet.
I'm outgoing, opposite is withdrawn.
I feel a need to try things, opposite is not adventurous.
I want to see people, opposite is antisocial.
I feel torn alot, opposite is stable.

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel. I guess I can be cruel because I never tip waiters. Tipping waiters encourages them to stay at these jobs ‘….’”

Quiet = need space to do my work.
Withdrawn = get sleepy.
not adventurous = more stable and focused.
Antisocial = less care for others.
Stable = more gets done.

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

Life there to be lived, go out and live it and see where it gets you.

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

Don't trust anyone with things you really need/care about. Always take on that responsibility yourself.

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.

I would go EVERYWHERE and do EVERYTHING (as far as possible).

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

Lack of money, family/friends tying me down, student at uni.

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

To be happy and have everyone happy so we can all have fun and support each other and be close.

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

I let myself be dragged along at times, even if my wants are elsewhere, in order to keep happiness.

9. What are your defense mechanisms?

I run or fight. It depends on what happened. If there's little hope I'll leave it, if I can change something I'll argue until the sun sets.

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

exercise, less bad food, more fun, mental and physical stimulation, friends, family, love.

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

Happy-go-lucky, fun, relaxed.

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

I need to be free, but that means leaving people behind.

13. What condition is your heart in right now?

Trapped in conflict, torn in half.

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

To be free, but to never hurt anyone.

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

sleepy.

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

To stop getting sick, to run, to fight, to love.

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

Getting better.

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Heart or body, my mind can lie.

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

My mind, because it twists and turns.

20. What is your predominant fault?

I have no idea....maybe too easy going/wanting peace, to fight for what I need.

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

Great, it was like the sun was shining on me and everything was warm and lovely and smiles were everywhere.

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

Like I was locked away in a dark place and I was punching the walls.

23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.

My fear of going against friends/family.

24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?
I couldn't go to the artic because I'd die from cold.

25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?

self confidence and the support of friends and family.

26. What is your own personal mission statement?

“The kind of person I would like to be is amazingly self confident.”
“The kind of activities I would like to be in are all around me, especially in other countries.”
“My personal mission is to achieve my wants and needs in life, even if I take freaking forever over it!”

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, sounds near spot on for an ENFP.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, sounds near spot on for an ENFP.

I dunno, first two seem spot on for ESFP imo. I would have very different answers.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno, first two seem spot on for ESFP imo. I would have very different answers.

I forget about our ESFP bretheren.. I suppose an ENFP would probably sound less happy go lucky, unless they felt pressure to compensate for an audience.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I forget about our ESFP bretheren.. I suppose an ENFP would probably sound less happy go lucky, unless they felt pressure to compensate for an audience.

Yes, and less caught in the present. Not that the present is a bad place to be, i often wish i could take things as they come, it's an admirable quality.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose an ENFP would probably sound less happy go lucky, unless they felt pressure to compensate for an audience.

What does this have to do with being an ENFP? Does this mean that if they feel no need to impress an audience that they aren't ENFP? Why couldn't an ESFP do this?

For the OP I'm going with ESFP for the type.

A

Anew Leaf

My vibe is ESFP as well. For one, they seem very present in themselves, and for another (unless they edited themselves) I see no random tangents or answering a slightly different question than is intended. (example, what condition is your mind in right now? Sleepy. With Ne at the helm, I would have answered that question with a 10 paragraph meandering that starts with whatever is on my mind and then ends with some point about neutron stars.)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What does this have to do with being an ENFP? Does this mean that if they feel no need to impress an audience that they aren't ENFP? Why couldn't an ESFP do this?

For the OP I'm going with ESFP for the type.

This doesn't, this is just a way an ENFP could sound like an ESFP. On face value, and there isn't any reason not to go with face value, a I agree that tine5 is probably an ESFP.

Oh, and as and ENFP, I wouldn't sound like an ESFP to impress an audience... I'd probably be doing for more complicated reasons.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm reading esfp on first glance

Damn long lists of questions why do you intrigue me so!!! I think I'm going to probably sell my soul to those longs lists of questions....

I think I've done that survey before but I don't remember.

(heads off to the Babbles)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESFP is definite.

As for enneagram type, 7w6 sp/so seems about likely. Socionics type, maybe some sort of Alpha SF.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't get what the length of the answers, or the happy-go-lucky-ness of it, has to do with the ESFP/ENFP difference.

The answers to 1, 3, 5, 21, 24 and 26 do seem pretty Se though.... so at this point I suspect ESFP.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mind is itchy and my body is confused and my heart is daydreaming and stuff.

tine5

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for the replies everyone they're very helpful!! :D Any chance of explaining why it's Se over Ne?

ESFP is definite.

As for enneagram type, 7w6 sp/so seems about likely. Socionics type, maybe some sort of Alpha SF.

Oh, what's SF? Alpha? Never heard of it :eek:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for the replies everyone they're very helpful!! :D Any chance of explaining why it's Se over Ne?

A lot of your responses are geared towards the here-and-now, with an emphasis on living life to it's fullest potential, which by definition is Se. Ne is more focused on curiosity, a desire for novelty, and playing through random connections of ideas and potential.

Oh, what's SF? Alpha? Never heard of it :eek:

It's part of socionics, a separate typing system that is similar to MBTI/JCF but overall different in it's functions and structure. Alpha is a group of types (there's four groups total) that value the functions Ne/Si/Fe/Ti. Your post seemed to show what could possibly Si/Fe ego, which would be ESFj or ISFp in socionics. But there is only so much I can explain, so I would advise you to check out the wiki, there's lots to learn from it:

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Wikisocion_home

Hope that helps :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah just figure out if you use se or ne. i'm not naturally very good at se. i have a very pretty infp friend who occasionally wears glasses. i could hang out with her all day and not tell you after the fact if she had them on. (this recently happened)

tine5

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks guys and yeah I'll have a look at the link :) Very helpful!!

S

SingSmileShine

I'm going to say ESFP, too. There are quite a few different things than I would say, and I'm a pretty quintessential ENFP.