• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTJ?

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've taken the MBTI test several times, and after scoring ENTJ and feeling almost, but not completely, satisfied with the description's accuracy, I came here for some feedback. Any help is appreciated in advance.

I'll try listing some of my characteristics:

• Quite extroverted. I enjoy socializing, though am still somewhat reserved and insecure.
  • Loud, boisterous and passionate. People always complain that I'm shouting or look angry, even though I don't notice it. It's quite easy for me to get carried away in a disussion or a debate.
  • Usually polite and amiable, though people often accuse me of condescendence. Again, I have trouble noticing it.
  • Love to lead.
  • Ambitious. There's something about hierarchical systems, ranks and ladders that draws me, and just calls for climbing, and climbing, and more climbing.
  • Very prone to deep contemplation and abstract theories. However, I tend to disregard a lot of overly abstract theories with no possible empirical or common-sense proof.
  • The foundations of most of my more philosophical thoughts are based on common-sense logic.
  • Big picture thinker, most of the time.
  • I plan EVERYTHING ahead.
  • Terrible at remembering details or autonomous information. It's either remembering the whole thing, or forgetting everything. That's why I have trouble recognizing people after a change in hairstyle or their style of clothing.
  • Horribly uncreative at art. I can write okay, though, and have always liked building stuff.
  • I almost always firstly refer to logic over emotion.
  • The length of my fuse drastically varies from day to day, but when I get annoyed I explode in a ball of frothing rage, only to forget about everything half an hour later.
  • People describe me as being "so cold, but also so fiery".
  • I'm not much of a squeamish moralist, but I have some deeply held principles which I would never violate.
  • Suck up a lot of random facts.
  • I have trouble bonding with people.
  • I enjoy making people happy, but it's not near the top of my priorities.
  • Quite rebellious. I enjoy my independence and freedom, and hate it when people try to impose their subjective views over me, or command me to do something while refusing to rationally explain why should I do that, if I disagree with that course of action. However, I strongly despise "rebels without a cause".
  • I enjoy cleaning, organizing thing, and putting them in order. Disorder annoys me... except if I get used to it.
  • Generally lazy, but can be one hell of a workaholic if necessary. If I start something, to hell if I'm not going to finish it.
  • Usually casual, informal and relaxed.
  • I like ordered environments, as long as I like the way they are ordered. If not, I prefer the alternative.
  • People say I'm eccentric.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wouldn't place much faith in tests (espeically meyer briggs dichotomy tests, they're crap), but from what you posted, ENTJ seems fairly likely (speaking about Jung's Cognitive Functions; I see plenty of Te and Ni).

ENTJ 3w4 so/sp SLE*

Tri-type wise: 3w4 > 8w9 > 5w6 so/sp

*This is a socionics type (SLE = ESTp) which is different from JCF; you could also be EIE (ENFj) under socionics; some sort of beta extrovert.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've taken the MBTI test several times, and after scoring ENTJ and feeling almost, but not completely, satisfied with the description's accuracy, I came here for some feedback. Any help is appreciated in advance.

You sound ENTJ. What threw you about the descriptions?

Welcome to the forums, btw.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

[MENTION=3521]Eric B[/MENTION]: Yes! The monologue in the first link appears like something I would say if having to describe myself in-depth. A lot of the information I learned from those links strongly fit me, but somewhat clash with what I've seen of the stereotypical portrayal of an ENTJ, which is what made me uncertain. Never trust stereotypes...

[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]: That may be true. I should do some further research on different typological systems.

[MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION]: Like I said, I didn't see myself in several aspects of the stereotypical ENTJ - namely, that they have trouble looking at problems from a subjective side and putting themselves in others' shoes, which I always try to do in order to achieve an optimal solution for everyone. Also, the belief that every ENTJ is automatically a rude asshole - I'm rarely abrasive and almost never insult people when unprovoked, though I can have a short fuse. It made me consider the possibility of being an ENFJ or some other feeling type, which just didn't fit.

And thanks for the welcome.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15219]Grizzly On The Loose[/MENTION]
in order rom most to least likely
MBTI: ENTJ >ENTP
Enneagram: 7w8>3w4>3w2>8w7>8w9
Instinct Variant: So/Sp>Sp/So>So/Sx

spiderfrommars

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Like I said, I didn't see myself in several aspects of the stereotypical ENTJ - namely, that they have trouble looking at problems from a subjective side and putting themselves in others' shoes, which I always try to do in order to achieve an optimal solution for everyone.

This is an issue for me too. I would think as a N type, ENTJs would have some interest in looking at problems from other perspectives, if only to help them force others to do what they wish. I'm certainly interested in this. And the stereotype of ENTJs threw me off, too–
they seem like monstrous brutes, but also like one shouldn't identify as one if one hasn't conquered a small country.

Although, I can be a rude asshole.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you have to ask if you are an entj, you are not an entj. Don't look at your personality and discect it, and scramble it's guts out for surficial observation. Be the personality in full function of all it's parts. If you were hoping to be completly matched to one type you are wrong mr bear. We are all XXXX just depends where your ego leans towadrs i think