• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Maybe I'll just hang out here for a while.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What the title says (Meaning this part of the forum, "what's my type?"). I can't trust myself to figure out my type, I become whatever I believe I am (to some extent at least). And for that reason I can't trust the tests either, as they are far too easy to manipulate.

Maybe I should just do what some of the other members have done and create a poll and link to it in my signature...

My most common type results from tests are ISFP, INFP, INTP, and INTJ. Though I'm really not sure what good that information will do, since, like I said, I can manipulate the results to my choosing fairly easily. I could be an E for all I know based on those tests (Although that is extremely unlikely.)

Well, if you have any guesses, or pertinent questions, feel free to post. I'm gonna go sit in a corner and be annoyed at how the MBTI (doesn't) work(s)...

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's see here . . .

By functions:

ISFP: Fi Se Ni Te
INFP: Fi Ne Si Te
INTP: Ti Ne Si Fe
INTJ: Ni Te Fi Se

So between those types, and Fi-Te user seems most likely; we can eliminate INTP.

ISFP: Se Ni
INFP: Ne Si
INTJ: Ni Se

and given that Se and Ni > Ne and Si, we can eliminate INFP

Leaving us with INTJ or ISFP. However, that's not really a careful way to deduce type . . .

How about answering the qustionaire linked in my signature? You provide answers about yourself (note: not type information, but knolwedge of who you are; try and asnwer each question as honestly and objectively as possible), then let others (like me) take care of doing the typing process for you. At the very least, it will help to narrow down information and mak the process easier.

Hope that helps :)

Burger King

What's your understanding of Ni (seeing as INTJs are Ni-dom) and Ne (INTP/INFP aux)?

I've heard Ni described as going from A, Z. I've seen it described as an inference or an ah-ha moment.
Whereas Ne is something like A, B, C...Z. It plays on possibilities, searching for connections.
As for ISFP, they use Se as aux instead of Ne. So you would be more detailed oriented, aware of your surroundings in comparison to Ne users. More concrete (Se) vs. abstract (Ne/Ni).

Which one resonates the most with you?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leaving us with INTJ or ISFP. However, that's not really a careful way to deduce type . . .

How about answering the qustionaire linked in my signature?

Of the four, those two are actually the ones I get the least often as results on tests. :D

Wow, that's a long questionnaire.

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

I'm indecisive, the opposite would be decisive.
I'm easily bored, the opposite would be easily entertained.
I generally dislike social interaction, the opposite would be I'm a people person.
I'm a little bit unstable, the opposite would be consistent, predictable, even-tempered.
I can be a little cold sometimes, the opposite would be kind, warm.
I am usually passive, the opposite would be aggressive.

(I can only count to three, why do you ask?)

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.

I can easily become decisive when I have enough information which reenforces a certain decision, and there is no/little information which works against that decision. Or sometimes I just become decisive about a choice for no real reason. :shrug:

Ehh, I guess I'm easily entertained for short periods of time when it comes to things I enjoy, they just don't hold my interest for long...

I suppose I seem like more of a people person if those people bring up something which interests me. It's more appealing to interact when something which interests me comes up.

I'm really not sure how I could be considered consistent. Need outside help for answering that one, I tend to be all over the place. :unsure:

I definitely have the capability to be kind, it's just not my uh... default behavior I guess.

Push me too far when I'm being passive, and see how just how aggressive can I get, hehe.

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

Pffftttahahah, sorry, I'm skipping this one.

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

Find out what you're naturally good at, and practice that so you excel.

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Travel to a certain place I've always wanted to visit, and just mess around for the rest of the time spending whatever money I have left.

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

I would go broke. :D

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

I don't know.

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

More than I would like...

9. What are your defense mechanisms?
Projection is one.
Denial is another.
Though usually I just withdraw, and avoid the situation.

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?
I don't understand the point of the question, but...
Responsibility.
The ability to put up with people that annoy you.
The ability to make practical decisions, not just the ones you want.
11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?
Depends on the situation.
12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?
Don't know, the heart wants what the heart wants, you can't always explain it. Answers would be nice though. :D
13. What condition is your heart in right now?
...hopefully working condition, or else I have bigger problems than figuring out my type. (Yes, I realize that isn't what it was asking...)

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

My head is annoying, what it wants changes too often...

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

Unstable condition, it doesn't know what it wants, and it contradicts itself often.
16. What does your body say it needs and wants?
Food. :D
17. What is the condition of your body right now?
Refer to question 13.
18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
Either my heart or my head. When decisions involve people I try to bring my heart into the mix because my head is often cruel. And I try not to just use my heart as it isn't necessarily the best decision maker. Though trying to use both is what causes a lot of my indecisiveness in my opinion. I really don't know which I'm more comfortable using of the two.
19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
Body... I don't know why.

20. What is your predominant fault?

I don't know.
I'm sure others can answer this better than I can.
21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?
I can't remember the last time I felt like that.
22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time? Largely what I've said in this questionnaire...

23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.
The desire to figure myself out would probably qualify, even my therapist thinks I introspect an abnormal amount... Apparently just not about the right things...

24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?Make bad decisions definitely qualifies. I take a lot of time to make decisions, and I change them often if I don't think they were right.

I tend to hold back my emotions (try to not display them, or at least play them down) I don't really know if I feel there is a reason for that though.

25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?
I need to be absolutely sure of what I'm doing.

26. What is your own personal mission statement?

I don't have one.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's your understanding of Ni (seeing as INTJs are Ni-dom) and Ne (INTP/INFP aux)?

I've heard Ni described as going from A, Z. I've seen it described as an inference or an ah-ha moment.
Whereas Ne is something like A, B, C...Z. It plays on possibilities, searching for connections.
As for ISFP, they use Se as aux instead of Ne. So you would be more detailed oriented, aware of your surroundings in comparison to Ne users. More concrete (Se) vs. abstract (Ne/Ni).

Which one resonates the most with you?
I don't really know about the different kinds of intuition. How I have noticed it in myself is when I just understand or know something, and I can't really figure out how I know it, or how I got to that conclusion. And I think my Si is stronger than my Se, but I'm not sure, and I definitely use both... Which doesn't really help...

Last edited:

Burger King

Indecisiveness is a characteristic of those that use Ne a lot. Check this out:

While INPs’ dominant function (Ti or Fi) beckons them toward closure, their Ne counters by rallying for additional options and alternatives. Somewhat ironically, their Ne, despite its auxiliary status, often wins out, interjecting enough new or contradictory information to keep INPs in a state of perpetual openness or indecision.

Here's the source: http://personalityjunkie.com/2011/10/02/understanding-extraverted-intuition-ne-in-intps-infps/

Also, you say your Si is stronger, or more preferred, than your Se. The function order that would match the description you gave seems to be INFP or INTP. INP types are introverts who use Ne and Si in aux and tertiary positions, respectively. At this point, I would take a look at Fi vs Ti descriptions. The two judging functions are not as easily distinguished as I originally had thought. For the record, I think you're an Fi-dom.

You're probably an INFP. I was thinking ISFP, but you did say your Si is stronger than your Se. If you are wondering between INFP vs ISFP, here's an explanation that I liked: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/23428-isfj-vs-isfp-vs-infp-one.html

Last edited:

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Indecisiveness is a characteristics of those that use Ne a lot. Check this out:

Here's the source: http://personalityjunkie.com/2011/10/02/understanding-extraverted-intuition-ne-in-intps-infps/

Also, you say your Si is stronger, or more preferred, than your Se. The function order that would match the description you gave seems to be INFP or INTP. INP types are introverts who use Ne and Si in aux and tertiary positions, respectively. At this point, I would take a look at Fi vs Ti descriptions. The two judging functions are not as easily distinguished as I originally had thought. For the record, I think you're an Fi-dom.

You're probably an INFP. I was thinking ISFP, but you did say your Si is stronger than your Se. If you are wondering between INFP vs ISFP, here's an explanation I that I liked: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/23428-isfj-vs-isfp-vs-infp-one.html

That's actually a fairly fitting conclusion in my opinion. INxP is the most defined I've gotten while still remaining comfortable with the label. As of now though, I am saying Ixxx because I don't want to close off any options should people get a different opinion of me. ISFP is possible though, I'm really not sure... The differences listed in that thread really don't help me differentiate myself from either one.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=14786]Tyrinth[/MENTION]

From the questions, I'm not sure but you may be stuck in some sort of introverted dom-tert loop. You're not Fi dom from what I can tell, rather I think you may be some sort of Pi dom; either Ni or Si. Overall I didn't see any strong evidence of an extroverted function, which is also why I think a dom-tert loop is possible.

Enneagram wise, you seem fairly 6-ish (insecure, unsure of yourself, indecisive, etc.) with a wing 5. Alternatively 5w6 could works as well. Instinctual varient, sp/sx probably.

Hmmmmm..... concerning each cognitive function, explain to me how you use, or might use, that particular function. Like how you use Fi, Ne, Ti, Se, etc.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From the questions, I'm not sure but you may be stuck in some sort of introverted dom-tert loop. You're not Fi dom from what I can tell, rather I think you may be some sort of Pi dom; either Ni or Si. Overall I didn't see any strong evidence of an extroverted function, which is also why I think a dom-tert loop is possible.

Enneagram wise, you seem fairly 6-ish (insecure, unsure of yourself, indecisive, etc.) with a wing 5. Alternatively 5w6 could works as well. Instinctual varient, sp/sx probably.

Hmmmmm..... concerning each cognitive function, explain to me how you use, or might use, that particular function. Like how you use Fi, Ne, Ti, Se, etc.

I really don't think I'm left brain dominant, but then again, you probably understand the MBTI/Jungian cognitive functions better than I do...

I know for a fact that I'm either 4, 5, or 6 on enneagram though, so that's a possibility.

Ummm, I really don't understand the cognitive functions enough to explain how I use each of them... You wouldn't happen to have another questionnaire for that would you? :D

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really don't think I'm left brain dominant, but then again, you probably understand the MBTI/Jungian cognitive functions better than I do...

Functions are associated with left/right aspects of the brain? Didn't know that.

I know for a fact that I'm either 4, 5, or 6 on enneagram though, so that's a possibility.

Well that narrows it down somewhat.

Ummm, I really don't understand the cognitive functions enough to explain how I use each of them... You wouldn't happen to have another questionnaire for that would you? :D

Well, it's technically a socionics questionaire (although the last one was technically an enneagram questionaire) but it should work all the same (the important thing is the information above all else, not the questions). Here ya go! :D

1) Pick 5 words or short phrases (or as many as you want, but no less than 5) to describe yourself, and explain.

2) Now pick the direct opposite of those and explain how you could be the opposite, and what could be good about it.

3) What are your interests? Why?

4) What do you want out of life?

5) What can you not do, because it might jeopardize your survival?

6) What do you like in other people? Why?

7) What do you dislike in other people? Why?

8) What would your ideal partner be like?

9) Do you enjoy comfort, sensory indulgence, relaxation? Are you physically hedonistic (parties, dancing, binges, good eating, etc.)? Do you focus finely on physical sensations, carefully savoring them?

10) Do you find yourself neglecting bodily concerns and pushing your body beyond reasonable limits (like skipping sleep or meals or the like)? If so, do you appreciate being encouraged to slow down and take care of yourself, or does it make you feel annoyed or mollycoddled?

11) Do you focus more on what you need to take care of at the moment, or on the end goal? Do you prefer an attitude of leaving no stone left unturned, or do you only focus on what you feel is necessary to reach your end goals? Are you thorough or sloppy? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?

12) Are you forever chasing after new ideas and possibilities, or do you prefer dreaming up imaginative scenarios and fully fleshed-out plans? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?

13) Do you look for the hidden implications of concepts in analysis, and what they lead to? Or do you prefer to examine how concepts relate to each other? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?

14) Do you solve all variables, difficulties and contingencies as they come up? Or do you prefer to pick the most likely outcome or most likely conclusion and plan with it in mind?

15) Are you prone to uncertainty or indecisiveness? When you have multiple opportunities to choose from, do you analyze them all? Or do you want to cut out the ones that aren’t likely or are least likely; pick just one?

16) Are you open to any avenue that might offer potential opportunities? Or do you prefer to make sure the odds are in favor of a new avenue bringing benefits?

17) Are you assertive? Aggressive? Do you like it when other people are?

18) Are you able to relax? Or are you restless and fidgety?

19) Do you prefer concepts, principles, rules, procedures, etc. to be precise and lack ambiguity, or do you prefer simple solutions that offer (or as long as they offer) greater efficiency and productivity?

20) Are you a practical person in general? Elaborate.

21) Are you passionate? Emotional? Given to performance or histrionics? Do you enjoy those qualities in other people?

22) Are you aware of when you're stepping on other peoples' toes, or offend them? When you're not liked?

23) Are you sensitive to others being emotionally hurt or offended?

24) Would you say that the status of your personal relationships with people, your distance to them, is an important criterion for guiding your behavior?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here ya go! :D
Thanks. :D
I'm just gonna skip the ones that were on the previous one.

Music, manga, reading, writing, drawing, my knives, learning about things that interest me.
Because I enjoy them, why else would they interest me?

To be happy, to better understand myself.

Loyalty, how close I tend to get to people is often dependent on how much I think I can trust them, among other things of course, but that is what came to mind first...
People that have no sense of boundaries/ people who don't learn. Few things are more annoying than when I want to be left alone and having someone want to bug me...

Combine the previous two questions... Although, shared interests would be very important as well. I don't get along with people if they aren't interested in at least some of the same things.

9) Do you enjoy comfort, sensory indulgence, relaxation? Are you physically hedonistic (parties, dancing, binges, good eating, etc.)? Do you focus finely on physical sensations, carefully savoring them? First question, sometimes.
Second question, no.
Third question, sometimes.

10) Do you find yourself neglecting bodily concerns and pushing your body beyond reasonable limits (like skipping sleep or meals or the like)? If so, do you appreciate being encouraged to slow down and take care of yourself, or does it make you feel annoyed or mollycoddled?
Yes, I do so often unfortunately. It usually annoys me, but not always.

11) Do you focus more on what you need to take care of at the moment, or on the end goal? Do you prefer an attitude of leaving no stone left unturned, or do you only focus on what you feel is necessary to reach your end goals? Are you thorough or sloppy? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
I tend to do both depending on the situation. You can bet that if something is important to me I'm going to become a perfectionist about it. However, if I don't consider it that important I will likely cut corners wherever I can.

12) Are you forever chasing after new ideas and possibilities, or do you prefer dreaming up imaginative scenarios and fully fleshed-out plans? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people? I wish I could focus, but I tend to just come up with tons of unrelated random ideas. Which is really annoying when I'm trying to do something like write a story and all I can do is come up with unrelated scenes...

13) Do you look for the hidden implications of concepts in analysis, and what they lead to? Or do you prefer to examine how concepts relate to each other? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people? I don't look for them, but often enough I just tend to think of strange implications of things.

14) Do you solve all variables, difficulties and contingencies as they come up? Or do you prefer to pick the most likely outcome or most likely conclusion and plan with it in mind?
Pick the most likely and plan for it.

15) Are you prone to uncertainty or indecisiveness? When you have multiple opportunities to choose from, do you analyze them all? Or do you want to cut out the ones that aren’t likely or are least likely; pick just one?
Pfft, this question was made for me, I'm the most indecisive person I know, or maybe I'm not. :D I tend to analyze all options, and I usually can find both good and bad for both/all of them so I end up being unable to determine a best choice.

16) Are you open to any avenue that might offer potential opportunities? Or do you prefer to make sure the odds are in favor of a new avenue bringing benefits?
A little of both, I'm open to new opportunities, but if I don't feel there is any hope for a new opportunity I will disregard it.

Most of the time, no. However, I have noticed that I have a point when pushed too far I become assertive/aggressive, but I can't seem to act that way at will.

Restless and fidgety.

19) Do you prefer concepts, principles, rules, procedures, etc. to be precise and lack ambiguity, or do you prefer simple solutions that offer (or as long as they offer) greater efficiency and productivity?Usually greater efficiency, as long as the ambiguity doesn't lead to excessive loophole finding that therefore hurts the situation.

It depends on what situation you're talking about. I can't elaborate because it is too context specific.

21) Are you passionate? Emotional? Given to performance or histrionics? Do you enjoy those qualities in other people?
I'm emotional, but I don't display much emotion. I do enjoy it to some extent in others as it can bring my emotions to the surface, but I often think people take it too far, and too much emotion is annoying... (Plus I tend to be a little emotionally reactive, so getting angry at me leads to me being angry with you, etc.)

22) Are you aware of when you're stepping on other peoples' toes, or offend them? When you're not liked? Usually, yes. People in my life tend to not believe that I know when I'm doing this, but chances are, if I offend you, I intended to do so (usually anyways).

For a very very select few people, yes. A vast majority of the time, no.

24) Would you say that the status of your personal relationships with people, your distance to them, is an important criterion for guiding your behavior?

Without a doubt.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks. :D
I'm just gonna skip the ones that were on the previous one.

Music, manga, reading, writing, drawing, my knives, learning about things that interest me.
Because I enjoy them, why else would they interest me?

To be happy, to better understand myself.

Loyalty, how close I tend to get to people is often dependent on how much I think I can trust them, among other things of course, but that is what came to mind first...
People that have no sense of boundaries/ people who don't learn. Few things are more annoying than when I want to be left alone and having someone want to bug me...

Combine the previous two questions... Although, shared interests would be very important as well. I don't get along with people if they aren't interested in at least some of the same things.

9) Do you enjoy comfort, sensory indulgence, relaxation? Are you physically hedonistic (parties, dancing, binges, good eating, etc.)? Do you focus finely on physical sensations, carefully savoring them? First question, sometimes.
Second question, no.

Yes, I do so often unfortunately. It usually annoys me, but not always.

I tend to do both depending on the situation. You can bet that if something is important to me I'm going to become a perfectionist about it. However, if I don't consider it that important I will likely cut corners wherever I can.

12) Are you forever chasing after new ideas and possibilities, or do you prefer dreaming up imaginative scenarios and fully fleshed-out plans? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people? I wish I could focus, but I tend to just come up with tons of unrelated random ideas. Which is really annoying when I'm trying to do something like write a story and all I can do is come up with unrelated scenes...

13) Do you look for the hidden implications of concepts in analysis, and what they lead to? Or do you prefer to examine how concepts relate to each other? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people? I don't look for them, but often enough I just tend to think of strange implications of things.

Pfft, this question was made for me, I'm the most indecisive person I know, or maybe I'm not. :D I tend to analyze all options, and I usually can find both good and bad for both/all of them so I end up being unable to determine a best choice.

A little of both, I'm open to new opportunities, but if I don't feel there is any hope for a new opportunity I will disregard it.

Most of the time, no. However, I have noticed that I have a point when pushed too far I become assertive/aggressive, but I can't seem to act that way at will.

Restless and fidgety.

19) Do you prefer concepts, principles, rules, procedures, etc. to be precise and lack ambiguity, or do you prefer simple solutions that offer (or as long as they offer) greater efficiency and productivity?Usually greater efficiency, as long as the ambiguity doesn't lead to excessive loophole finding that therefore hurts the situation.

It depends on what situation you're talking about. I can't elaborate because it is too context specific.

I'm emotional, but I don't display much emotion. I do enjoy it to some extent in others as it can bring my emotions to the surface, but I often think people take it too far, and too much emotion is annoying... (Plus I tend to be a little emotionally reactive, so getting angry at me leads to me being angry with you, etc.)

22) Are you aware of when you're stepping on other peoples' toes, or offend them? When you're not liked? Usually, yes. People in my life tend to not believe that I know when I'm doing this, but chances are, if I offend you, I intended to do so (usually anyways).

For a very very select few people, yes. A vast majority of the time, no.

Without a doubt.

Hmmmm, well socionics wise, I think you may be IEI (INFp); note: not synonyms with Jung's INFP.

As for JCF type . . . I'm still not sure :blush:

Alright, since I can't seem to find an exact type via functions, I'll bring the functions to you! :D

This source should be fairly reliable, which set of functions best relates the way you think?
http://www.personalitynation.com/analytical-psychology/486-introduction-cognitive-functions.html

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This source should be fairly reliable, which set of functions best relates the way you think?
http://www.personalitynation.com/analytical-psychology/486-introduction-cognitive-functions.html

Okay, well, just going off of that page, here are some guesses, though I still don't fully understand the functions.

Si: I often do try to relate things back to past experiences, however this doesn't work well for me because my recall of past experiences isn't very accurate. In fact when I try to recall past experiences I tend to distort them quite a bit, and end up surprised by how far off base I was. I'm the kind of person who can't remember what he had for lunch earlier in the day, though I'm not completely sure that is Si... I like how the poster described the difference between Si and Ne using music, and that kind of leads me to think I may use Ne. I don't recognize notes on their own, when trying to figure out what note is next I find myself humming the notes that lead up to that one more often than the note itself.

Se: I probably use this more than Si. When I'm not spacing out (when I can bring myself to pay attention.) I tend to notice a lot more than other people. My brother always seems to be in awe of me noticing something that seemed like an obvious observation to me... The thing that I'm not sure of is that it says something about Se users being on the leading edge of trends, which I've never actually followed... Though I have had fun in the past reading other people's reactions.

Ni vs Ne: This one is difficult for me to answer. Based on the descriptions at least, I use both from time to time, and I really can't tell which I use more...

Te: I use this from time to time, but usually only when I'm trying to convince someone of something, and other methods don't work. It seems kind of... I don't know... cheap... (I can't find the right word) to say that "because x says this it must be true" So usually when I use what they describe as Te it's because I know the person I'm trying to persuade will believe it. Hehe, the scientific method is boring, consensus is boring, etc. I'm not efficient at all...

Fe: My views of morality often conflict with those of the people around me, not sure what that says, but it seems to conflict a bit with the Fe description. I tend to irritate people by not aligning with what they believe. I don't know for sure, I've never felt much desire to align with other peoples moral standards.

Ti:
external consensus can go to hell because it might very well be wrong, no matter how many people believe it or how many experts claim to know the truth.
Got that from the post, and I thought it was hilarious, especially how it kind of agrees with what I said above under Te. I definitely use Ti over Te, however I don't think it is a dominant function, based largely on how often I go against what I know would be the more logical thing to do...
This is why INTPs will argue hypotheticals all day but INTJs will rarely bother trying to convince you. For the INTJ, Te simply doesn't see what useful goal would be served by trying to change your opinion.
Somewhat confusingly however, I would side with the INTJ here. I generally don't see the point in trying to convince people of anything.
Ti likes to figure out entire systems just for the sake of getting a glimpse of complete truth ("I want to play guitar, so I will learn the system of rules for how chords are built so I understand the whole thing at once"), whereas Te is much more goal-oriented and always wants to know how this system can be applied to something externally useful or used to accomplish our predetermined goals...so Te would be more inclined to first figure out what the goal is ("What do I plan to use my guitar playing for?") and then learn only what's necessary to complete that goal. ("I want to learn 'Freebird', so I will learn the chords and techniques necessary to play that song.")
Great, more contradictions, I would side with the Te in this quote again. So now I'm confused, I relate more to the simple description of Ti, but in all of the application scenarios I side with Te...

Fi:
Unlike Fe, Fi leads you to draw ethics purely from an internal, subjective source and finds Fe's collective approach to morality shallow and fake.
It is definitely my belief that just about everything on this planet is completely subjective. Good, evil, right, wrong, morality, ethics. What I consider right can easily be considered wrong to another, and in fact that seems to happen to me a lot...(Meaning what others consider a great wrong, I really don't care about.) I think I use Fi a lot, but I think it isn't quite developed to the level I try to use it at, seeing as how I'm not so in tune with emotions... However, that being said, I definitely agree with and strongly use everything in Fi that doesn't have to do with emotions. But yeah, I experience emotions strongly, but I don't understand them at all, neither in myself or in others.
Fi doms are ethical perfectionists in the same way Ti doms are logical perfectionists. They seek a sense of internal balance and harmony with their surroundings that feels right in their own individual way.
That is a major theme in my life.

I love the link by the way, bookmarked it. :D

So that would what... Point towards INxx? I have to be honest, I've never looked at the functions in this kind of detail.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So...... I still get the impression that you are probably INFP, and also probably 6w5. Feel free to debate this though :tongue:

I'll try to show a bit of my 'reasoning'

(Oh and short key.... Pe=extraverted perceiving, Ji=introverted judging)

Ji dominant of some sort. Might be able to tell if I knew what you are talking about that people don't learn. Emphasis on boundaries, and that it ranks that high on annoying = probably introverted.

Second question, no.

Probable Si>Se. Si focuses on intensity rather than extensity of experiences.

Ji primary, Pe secondary...

12) Are you forever chasing after new ideas and possibilities, or do you prefer dreaming up imaginative scenarios and fully fleshed-out plans? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people? I wish I could focus, but I tend to just come up with tons of unrelated random ideas. Which is really annoying when I'm trying to do something like write a story and all I can do is come up with unrelated scenes... [/QUOTE]

Ne secondary (almost looks like tertiary, but that doesn't fit with the rest of this). Typical of INPs to see this flow of ideas as something distracting and sometimes even annoying but still held in high regard.

Ixxx, maybe Ji dominant

P ;) (with INP flavor)

Pe kept in check by Ji.

Interesting.... would need more info on this one. Can you expand upon the "too much emotion is annoying" part?

Si: I often do try to relate things back to past experiences, however this doesn't work well for me because my recall of past experiences isn't very accurate. In fact when I try to recall past experiences I tend to distort them quite a bit, and end up surprised by how far off base I was. I'm the kind of person who can't remember what he had for lunch earlier in the day, though I'm not completely sure that is Si... I like how the poster described the difference between Si and Ne using music, and that kind of leads me to think I may use Ne. I don't recognize notes on their own, when trying to figure out what note is next I find myself humming the notes that lead up to that one more often than the note itself.

Probably Si in tertiary. Distorted probably by Ne being prioritized, but not shown in much of a negative light like it would take on if inferior.

Se: I probably use this more than Si. When I'm not spacing out (when I can bring myself to pay attention.) I tend to notice a lot more than other people. My brother always seems to be in awe of me noticing something that seemed like an obvious observation to me... The thing that I'm not sure of is that it says something about Se users being on the leading edge of trends, which I've never actually followed... Though I have had fun in the past reading other people's reactions.

To some extent, the liking of reading people's reactions and noticing things that others don't could be more Ne probing.

Te: I use this from time to time, but usually only when I'm trying to convince someone of something, and other methods don't work. It seems kind of... I don't know... cheap... (I can't find the right word) to say that "because x says this it must be true" So usually when I use what they describe as Te it's because I know the person I'm trying to persuade will believe it. Hehe, the scientific method is boring, consensus is boring, etc. I'm not efficient at all...

Could be inferior Te, as it is used but the worth of it is diminished and 'boring', and also viewed in kind of a simplified way.

Fe: My views of morality often conflict with those of the people around me, not sure what that says, but it seems to conflict a bit with the Fe description. I tend to irritate people by not aligning with what they believe. I don't know for sure, I've never felt much desire to align with other peoples moral standards.

Not an xxFJ.

Ti:Got that from the post, and I thought it was hilarious, especially how it kind of agrees with what I said above under Te. I definitely use Ti over Te, however I don't think it is a dominant function, based largely on how often I go against what I know would be the more logical thing to do... Somewhat confusingly however, I would side with the INTJ here. I generally don't see the point in trying to convince people of anything. Great, more contradictions, I would side with the Te in this quote again. So now I'm confused, I relate more to the simple description of Ti, but in all of the application scenarios I side with Te...

This last part has me think that whatever T you have is undifferentiated so not preferred.

Fi:It is definitely my belief that just about everything on this planet is completely subjective. Good, evil, right, wrong, morality, ethics. What I consider right can easily be considered wrong to another, and in fact that seems to happen to me a lot...(Meaning what others consider a great wrong, I really don't care about.) I think I use Fi a lot, but I think it isn't quite developed to the level I try to use it at, seeing as how I'm not so in tune with emotions... However, that being said, I definitely agree with and strongly use everything in Fi that doesn't have to do with emotions. But yeah, I experience emotions strongly, but I don't understand them at all, neither in myself or in others. That is a major theme in my life.

The whole emotion thing throws everything out of whack :p If that's the only part that you don't identify with then you are probably a strong Fi user. "Ethical perfectionist" really gets a lot closer to what Fi is about than anything about emotions.

Also in summary, your writing is riddled with the structure and style that shows up so much in aux Ne'ers questioning their type. An open-ended exploratory style, with lots of questioning of the context and very little specific explanation, vividly illustrating examples, or abrupt directness that may indicate Se aux. Clear intro-judginess tone but upon closer inspection seems more Fi than Ti, though your answers to a couple of my questions may make that part clearer.

Wow, that was more than a bit ;) Good thing you have a nice hangout here.... this means I get to crash your couch and raid your snack food drawer, right?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=14786]Tyrinth[/MENTION]

From what you posted there, INFP seems likely. You definitely vale Te as opposed to Ti, and value Fi as opposed to Fe, so some sort of Te+Fi user is definite. You also seem to value Si, and as for N, I'm not too sure, But as Luna mentioned, you do seem to have that 'exploratory style' usually associated with Ne aux types. So overall INFP seems sbout right.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting.... would need more info on this one. Can you expand upon the "too much emotion is annoying" part?
I don't like it when emotion completely takes over, it makes people difficult to deal with. Like I mean when they get so emotional that nothing you can say or do makes any difference, that is annoying to me.

Wow, that was more than a bit ;) Good thing you have a nice hangout here.... this means I get to crash your couch and raid your snack food drawer, right?
Hehe, if you really want to, I suppose. :)

From what you posted there, INFP seems likely. You definitely vale Te as opposed to Ti, and value Fi as opposed to Fe, so some sort of Te+Fi user is definite. You also seem to value Si, and as for N, I'm not too sure, But as Luna mentioned, you do seem to have that 'exploratory style' usually associated with Ne aux types. So overall INFP seems sbout right.

So... My previous typing of INFP IEI 6w5 (649) sp/sx was likely correct?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Basically, yeah.

Heh, I was pretty set on that a while ago, but something just didn't seem right about the INFP part (probably going off of stereotyped descriptions too much).

Thanks for all of your help everyone. :D

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Heh, I was pretty set on that a while ago, but something just didn't seem right about the INFP part (probably going off of stereotyped descriptions too much).

I know the feeling.

Thanks for all of your help everyone. :D

Sure thing man, glad to be of help :yes: