• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ugh not sure at all...

dadapolka

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A little bit confused bout my type since a few aspects of my personality are bit contradictory!
Will keep it brief, so it doesnt get too tl:dr.

T vs F

- I am interested in people. I get a kick out of helping them. I feel guilt if I don't help people who I think are in need.

- I believe in amorality. I just see morality as a completely social construct which contributes towards the overall development and stability of humanity.

-I love arguing, debating etc and am not afraid to be blunt. I can change sides easily and if someone provides a more rational argument I will adopt their view.

- I am as equally interested in science as I am in the humanities. I don't believe in separating aspects of existence into 'subjects' like we do in school.

- I can detach myself emotionally from situations very easily, but can also feel strongly about humanitarian issues.

-I don't understand the divide between thinking and feeling. I see subjectivity and objectivity as semantic constructs only. The most scientifically minded are driven by emotions - the irrational and obsessive desire for discovery. Emotions are just a chemical 'carrot on a stick', imho.

-I'd much rather talk about 'things' than people.

E vs I

-I am not a stereotypical 'extrovert'. I am quite shy and am not often the centre of attention. I do however have social anxiety.

-In certain circumstances where I feel comfortable, I act out. I love performing on stage as a musician.

- I get a huge buzz from seeing people and from city life. I do need time away - but have more of a 'dimmer switch' attitude towards being sociable. I can't ever be completely alone. It makes me feel 'ill', it's hard to explain.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.5)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********** (11.9)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28)
average use

So yeah, there you go. Sort me out :p

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP

That overall seems very definite. Enneagram wise, not sure. You first line about helping people seemed to indicate a 2 fix, but I also saw what could be a 5 fix. Overall I would need more information.

Also, welcome to the forums :hi:

dadapolka

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hullo there!!!!! :D

Aha! That's cool. Can I not be a 5w2 or would that just make the world implode?

I just read the descriptions, most of it seems OK, but I'm not overly needy, I kind of find that repulsive. I'm not possessive of other people either. I'm pretty independent.
I cut people off instantly if they become to dependent on me.

Five seems me all the way through - 'They become detached, yet high-strung and intense.' YEP.
Four seems kind of like me as well.. I am very into the arts. I can get very moody sometimes but it's entirely private and don't tend to inflict it on others. Four is definitely how I was as a teenager (probably all teenagers!) . Not really so much anymore, i'm a lot more stable.

Maybe 5w4? -But more extroverted in my outlook.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hullo there!!!!! :D

Aha! That's cool. Can I not be a 5w2 or would that just make the world implode?

Sadly according to the current rules of the enneagram, it's not possible to wing outside an adjacent type (meaning if on is say core 5, they can only be 5w6 or 5w4, but not 5w2 or 5w3, etc.). :( However the original enneagram can go suck it, non adjacent wings are cooler! :cool:

I just read the descriptions, most of it seems OK, but I'm not overly needy, I kind of find that repulsive. I'm not possessive of other people either. I'm pretty independent.
I cut people off instantly if they become to dependent on me.

Five seems me all the way through - 'They become detached, yet high-strung and intense.' YEP.
Four seems kind of like me as well.. I am very into the arts. I can get very moody sometimes but it's entirely private and don't tend to inflict it on others. Four is definitely how I was as a teenager (probably all teenagers!) . Not really so much anymore, i'm a lot more stable.

Maybe 5w4? -But more extroverted in my outlook.

In that regard, 5w4 seems most likely; ENTP 5w4 is probably about right. Tritype wise, I'm actually not sure about your heart and gut fix. And as for instinctual varient, I'm not sure either.

Well, concerning the instinctual varient, this information and chart are a really good source:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/133-Instinctual-Stackings
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/163-Enneagram-Instinctual-Subtypes

Hope that helps :)

G

Ginkgo

-I don't understand the divide between thinking and feeling. I see subjectivity and objectivity as semantic constructs only. The most scientifically minded are driven by emotions - the irrational and obsessive desire for discovery. Emotions are just a chemical 'carrot on a stick', imho.

The divide between Thinking and Feeling is supposed to be, at the most rudimentary level, the divide between impersonal and personal. Of course, people sometimes have impersonal reasons for conducting "personal" activities like studying humanities, and vice versa. You seem to already know that. I've met mathematicians who were personally attached to their work, even though math has nothing to do with people.

Each of the functions have aspects of objectivity and subjectivity. I think online tests seem to assume that T is what test takers should consider to be the more objective preference.

It's normal to have contradictory aspects of your personality, and I think it's healthy to be able to recognize them. :)

dadapolka

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sadly according to the current rules of the enneagram, it's not possible to wing outside an adjacent type (meaning if on is say core 5, they can only be 5w6 or 5w4, but not 5w2 or 5w3, etc.). :( However the original enneagram can go suck it, non adjacent wings are cooler! :cool:

In that regard, 5w4 seems most likely; ENTP 5w4 is probably about right. Tritype wise, I'm actually not sure about your heart and gut fix. And as for instinctual varient, I'm not sure either.

Well, concerning the instinctual varient, this information and chart are a really good source:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/133-Instinctual-Stackings
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/163-Enneagram-Instinctual-Subtypes

Hope that helps :)

Okay, sounds good. Are ENTP 5w4s that common?

Looked at the subtypes thing, completely changed my mind. 7 so/sx looks more like it on this one.

7w5/5w7, I know it's against the rulez but seems more realistic. I don't like the rules so I'm going to ignore them. (just did a test, highest was 7 then 5 by a long shot.)
What's a tritype?

[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]: Hey there! Probably still a T then. Subjectivity and general F-iness tends to be what I resort to when I'm most under pressure.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, sounds good. Are ENTP 5w4s that common?

From what I understand, they're fairly uncommon.

Looked at the subtypes thing, completely changed my mind. 7 so/sx looks more like it on this one.

7w5/5w7, I know it's against the rulez but seems more realistic. I don't like the rules so I'm going to ignore them. (just did a test, highest was 7 then 5 by a long shot.)

Sounds good :yes:

What's a tritype?

it's a theory of the enneagram that states that we possess three different types as opposed to one; one type for each triad. There the heart triad that deals with shame (2, 3, 4), the head triad which deals with fear (5, 6, 7), and the gut triad that deals with anger (9, 1, 8). Thus if you counter shame by appealing to becoming accepted and praised by others, counter fear by actively seeking sources of reliable security, and counter anger by engaging in power, then you would be 3 > 6 > 8 (although not necessarily in that order; one could be 6 > 8 > 3, etc.); and with adjacent wings for example, 3w2 > 6w5 > 8w9 or 3w4 > 6w7 > 8w7, etc.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hey, I just thought I'd let you know that each of the Enneagram types have points of integration (growth) and disinegration (stress) where they appear like another type. For a Type 7, they stress like a Type 1 and grow like a Type 5. A Type 5 grows like a Type 8 and stresses like a Type 7. I presume you to be either of these types either in integration and disintegration.

I'm pointing this out because a lot of people seem to miss the concept of integration and disintegration in Enneagram and then get confused as to which type they are because they share traits with two different types. This clears up a lot of confusion, IMO.

dadapolka

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey, I just thought I'd let you know that each of the Enneagram types have points of integration (growth) and disinegration (stress) where they appear like another type. For a Type 7, they stress like a Type 1 and grow like a Type 5. A Type 5 grows like a Type 8 and stresses like a Type 7. I presume you to be either of these types either in integration and disintegration.

I'm pointing this out because a lot of people seem to miss the concept of integration and disintegration in Enneagram and then get confused as to which type they are because they share traits with two different types. This clears up a lot of confusion, IMO.

Ah that makes sense then. Definitely a 7 then, I do become incredibly self-critical and outwardly critical under stress (1)
When I am most happy, I do a 5.

[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]: That idea looks interesting as well. I'll have to have a look into it!

dadapolka

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=14764]SingSmileShine[/MENTION]: thanks!