• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For the Record: I'm Answering that Long List of Questions

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Originally, sensing traits in general, such as keeping time on my watch to the second using a shortwave radio time-signal to synchronize with. And I used to love hearing the seconds-tone pulsing on and on, with the recorded voice announcing the time every minute. At times, in my early teens, it was the only thing I had to keep me company. But intuition for me rules over all my sensing traits.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

A better job, a better life, more freedom, maybe a little money for a change. (But I don't see it happening.) Why? I think it has something to do with the American Dream.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Probably those times when I aced tests in school and brought home good grades.
Being successful at something I wanted to achieve made me feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being talked down to, and those times when someone beat me at something important that reflected on me personally.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I'm very future-oriented during decision-making, and I imagine all kinds of scenarios, particularly negative ones. But when other are telling me their own worries I can only think of positive outcomes for them.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I work on hammering out all the details of a project, although this part of the process is very difficult for me. I have to overcome tendencies toward self-sabotage, because projects are really not rewarding to me. I don't want control over it, and I want someone else to shoulder all the burdens. But then I would be envious of that person's success with attaining all the goals of my project. So it's a catch 22.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I had fun times with some childhood friends, last I recall. When they moved to another city, that was the end of the fun. After two weeks of not eating and moping around, my mom took me to see someone (maybe a counsellor) who set me up with some group of kids who met at a park every Saturday. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same either, not even close.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

True learning, for me, comes through sudden insight. Second to that, it is hands on experience. I have found that a lot of people don't know what "sudden insight" means, but it is something I have experienced all my life. The first time I remember this happening was when I learned how to tell time (analog clocks only back in that day). It was an "Aha!" experience, a burst of inspiration out of the blue.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Very disorganized. Only the requirements of my job keep me mentally on task for being organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

That's a false alternative. Most people, including myself, consider past experience to be a test of truth. But my past would concern ideas that I've held to be true. I also use the test of logic to see if some new idea even makes sense in itself. If it doesn't even have the coherence to stand on its own two feet, then I throw it away.
I'm also quite harsh on ideas that are incoherent, as well as the people behind them. There is just no excuse for this and sometimes I suspect that it is being done deliberately. At other times, I wonder how such and such has managed to be so successful hanging on to such a rotten handful of premises and hasty conclusions and built in assumptions based on thin air. So I have to constantly remind myself that there is more to life and people than just being logical.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Harmony is something personal and internally indefinable to me. It's not a group thing.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I have to think before speaking, and I prefer one-on-one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I have gotten better at jumping into action right away, due to the influence of the kind of work that I do which draws me out of my comfort zone. Otherwise, I could hesitate on taking action for years.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

No DVR or VCR? Then I would be pissed that I missed my favorite show but I would probably go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I act pissed off if I'm around people I am comfortable expressing my true feelings to. Otherwise I have to suppress it and try to act serenely.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I probably dislike those traits I would like to see more of in myself most of all, simply because some people are naturally blessed and I am not.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I would like to say "sports, the weather, family, my hobbies or favorite tv shows." I'm afraid I'm not normal. perhaps I am beyond the norm, or maybe I am just sick. Who knows? But I would discuss philosophy with anybody semi-knowledgeable of the subject if I had half the chance.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Stereotypically, the answer would be "people." But that's not true of me. I pay too much attention to people, perhaps because of childhood disappointments in the social realm. Thus the reason for typology. I am always aware that I am discussing people, not just traits and characteristics of people. Or I could say "the feelings of others." But I am also hypervigilant in that area. I think, in the long run, I have paid the least attention to my own wants and ambitions.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

One friend recently told me, "You never were much of a sweet talker." He's not wrong about that, in fact it's a major flaw. Of course that's in comparison to him, as he loves to try to build up the self-esteem of like-minded people.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ, it seems to me.

9) I am "Very disorganized. Only the requirements of my job keep me mentally on task for being organized." Judgers organize their time well; Perceivers don't organize it well, if at all.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I interpreted that in a few ways that made you appear as any ixtx. (oh, wait a minute, are you asking us to type you? or just doing the questions because you're bored?)

Silveresque

I could sort of see INTJ, though INTP fits as well. You do give off somewhat IxTJ-ish vibes from your posts, I think, though I'm no expert at typing by vibes. I did notice something that sounded (possibly) like Ni:

True learning, for me, comes through sudden insight. Second to that, it is hands on experience. I have found that a lot of people don't know what "sudden insight" means, but it is something I have experienced all my life. The first time I remember this happening was when I learned how to tell time (analog clocks only back in that day). It was an "Aha!" experience, a burst of inspiration out of the blue.

But then this part makes you seem like a perceiver:

Very disorganized. Only the requirements of my job keep me mentally on task for being organized.

I could see either type for you, though you're more experienced with the mbti, so if you say you're an INTP, you're probably right.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I interpreted that in a few ways that made you appear as any ixtx. (oh, wait a minute, are you asking us to type you? or just doing the questions because you're bored?)

Someone on a "type me" thread wanted to see how others would respond to these questions. She didn't ask me personally, she just put the request out there.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could sort of see INTJ, though INTP fits as well. You do give off somewhat IxTJ-ish vibes from your posts, I think, though I'm no expert at typing by vibes. I did notice something that sounded (possibly) like Ni:

I could see either type for you, though you're more experienced with the mbti, so if you say you're an INTP, you're probably right.

When I consider an actual ISTJ and INTJ (or two) that I know in real life, it is easily recognizable that I am not like them.

J - easily commits, but just as easily lets go (or let's say it appears easy).
P - has trouble committing, but then has a hard time letting go (that's me).

I place great emphasis on logic, which is an internal thought structuring. ISTJ and INTJ are, unfortunately, weak on logic but stronger than me in other areas. For them, ideas are translated into action much more readily, which means that external reality is being structured accordingly (Te), whereas I can sit and ponder an idea for years (Ti). But those two types still don't "shoot from the hip" as quickly as an ESTJ/ENTJ. An ESTJ in particular wants action right now, the ISTJ/INTJ will test an idea first, and then move into it gradually; whereas I have to test it in my head for a long time. By analogy, the first types dive right into the water, the second types test it with their toes before going in, while I will sit and ponder the way the sunlight reflects off the surface and how light from objects below the surface is refracted.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What's important is that I am not usually driven or motivated by inspiration. And while it does happen, most of my learning occurs the hard way: through analysis, rote memorization and judicious practice. You see, the whole problem is that I live in a J world and I was brought up in a J-style educational system.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes, or Socionics INTj. The reason is that T is a judging function. That's how I can appear as a judger, although it is based on internal logic schemes. Socionics has dropped the MBTI's P/J distinction which indicates a lifestyle difference: organized/chaotic, observing/judging, scheduled/unscheduled, structured/unstructured, controlled/spontaneous. Socionics has substituted for this distinction a mere symbol, small j or small p, which denotes the dominant function.

Although Socionics nomenclature is truer to its Jungian roots, I still prefer to do my type calls on the basis of the MBTI's original formula. That way I don't have to assume that an Ni-dom has j (or p) as the last letter. When I listen to people in the videos I simply listen for J or P kinds of statements: is the person making observations or leveling judgments?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also wanted to answer questions, but didn't want to start a new thread about it :). Hope you don't mind sharing!

Answering this long list of questions for fun

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Resistance to big change, (makes me nervous about how it will go), General anxiety over stuff, liking to be at home, pristine memory, (not supposed to be type related but I always sense that it is, my memory is creepy perfect), kind of set in some very specified routines throughout my day.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Happiness. Never fully understood any other yearning. (Like power or money). A lot of things that I need fall under the category of happiness though, so I guess it's a little more complicated than that. Everything falls under the umbrella of happiness.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Steady flow of friends in my life, a variety of people to talk to, (culturally, financially, and situationally), lots of love around me, everyone in good health, lots and lots of free time. Challenging my mind in some way. These kinds of things help me feel empowered, enlightened, and freed.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I genuinely don't often feel that feeling. Or I overall feel slightly inferior and have high expectations of myself but it doesn't come from the outside, it comes from myself. I don't really like to compare people. Some people have shittier lives and harder paths than others, and that's just how I see it.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

How I feel plays a big role. I tend to shy away from things that has potential for negative emotional consequences and require a lot of obligation and commitment on my part. I can sometimes find some sort of logic that breaks through that helps me make better decisions. Other people will occasionally play a role depending on how much they would be affected but usually I'm the sole decider regardless of them.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I'm an outcome girl. I would prefer to lead a project than follow. See the end result and delegate. I always have the end result in my head and am rather lazy about legwork so having a team under me is nice. Independence is alright too, but I tend to work faster and more haphazard on my own as I'm an outcome girl, not a "journey" girl, so it doesn't come out as good. Teams where I need to do a lot of legwork and little deciding are the worst possible situation for my productivity level.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I grew up on the beach with a laid back, loving family and really good friends. I'm a friendly face so normally end up being a friend magnet. Naturally good times followed. Lots of them, I can't choose only one. Normally the best times happened when I was meeting a lot of new people and learning a lot of new things while stress and pressure was very low. I have trouble noticing them while they are happening and am working on that.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Inhale big chunks in little detail through skimming reading and powerpoints and looking at graphs. Rewrite or explain stuff on my own. Focus in on minor stuff that I just can't learn conceptually. (Youtube videos or heavy focus on it- like learning EKG rhythms by drawing a heart and trying to doodle imagry of impulses and how they could go wrong and then trying to figure out the names for them), and teaching them to other people, tutoring.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I have a bunch of systems and rules in place that I'm supposed to follow on a daily basis and if I do, I can become organized, (but can become inefficient.) In my more natural state, I don't really think about that stuff at all so I'm super disorganized or I do things if they are absolutely urgent and in my face. Organization is not a difficult skill to learn.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Accept them right away if they have any immediate apparent validity. Think about them and ruminate about them on my own if they are interesting. Lots of ideas have a small amount of truth at least and you can learn something. Some of them just don't really add up and then I would just discard them. If I don't trust the source to begin with, I'm more likely to just throw out the idea without giving it a second thought.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Follow what I believe, of course. Fi person.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Speak before thinking, that's how I learn and process, in general. One on one is better.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

It depends on the action. If it's an action I'm used to, I will more likely just jump in. New actions I like to do a lot of thinking and planning and learning and reconsidering and worrying.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Hmm... I don't watch TV much... And I do have netflix. But for the sake of conversation I'll just say I would go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I'm not really self-aware or cognizant of what I'm doing when I'm stressed. But I think I snap at people unreasonably, sigh a lot, become really withdrawn, get super duper focused on doing things really fast (if it's a situation that requires actions), and not sway off the plan. Or sometimes I get super relaxed and giggle a lot and find everything funny and mock the situation.

People who get very intense and neurotic about small details and apparently minor events. They make me miserable. Extreme rule followers who can't function because they are following rules too closely and literally. Self important people. Yellers. Generally miserable people.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

With the general public: Health and medical stuff, people's situations, new story ideas I had, plans that would be fun to have, general silliness, stories of abnormal occurrences, psychology, listening to their stuff (as long as it's not just boring stuff and has some meat on it), religion, books I'm reading or that they are reading. Hmm.. there's so many general public "topics of conversation" but often times the topic itself doesn't matter but how interesting the person can make it. So it could be something mundane but told in such a good way that you want to listen. (AKA ISTJ at work telling me how she hates gardening but loves fresh tomatoes in the most bitter cynical overly descriptive way possible) (or how my mom was talking about how her bangs are a big part of her self-image and identity and her hairdresser shouldn't cut them that short because now she's been transported directly back to third grade, I was laughing hysterically by the way she told it) So honestly, at the end of the day, whatever. Lots of people are charming in their own way.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I imagine I pay so little attention to those things that I don't even notice what they are. But I do have to say, I hate watching sports. People around me make me painfully aware of my cluelessness and complete lack of interest in watching sports. So it's like I'm aware that I'm unaware in that case. And, just as an angry bitter side-rant- just because you hate watching sports at the bar doesn't mean there is something inherently wrong with you or that you're missing a part of your brain or soul or something. But it causes such a huge gap in conversation with some people that it's like I have some kind of a disease or mental retardation or something.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

I don't know how my friends perceive me, truly. I'm pretty chameleon-like too so it's hard to say what I'm not. I'm going to bow out of this answer.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

People who get very intense and neurotic about small details and apparently minor events. They make me miserable. Extreme rule followers who can't function because they are following rules too closely and literally. Self important people. Yellers. Generally miserable people.

You couldn't handle my boss in a million years.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You couldn't handle my boss in a million years.

oh no, your boss is all of those things?? I would have to quit. I normally just yell back at those people. I can't stand them.