• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wanna type me? Please? Pretty please?

SiriusSeverusSnape

MBTI Type
SVRS
Here's some questions I answered somewhere else about my type:

I'm back for round 658485 of trying to figure out my type. Maybe you can guys can help.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
So many things. The biggest problem is that I cannot look at my self objectively. I know all the theory of the functions, how they work together, what they represent, etc. and I cannot for the life of me pin down which ones I use. Its almost to the point that I don't even care...except that I do. Sometimes I think it maybe it will give me some kind of insight or reassurance about myself, like maybe it'll help me realize that there's nothing wrong with me.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I could list a million things I yearn for, but I think they all pale in comparison to real love. Having that genuine bond where you know someone loves you for who you are and really wants you in their life is pretty amazing. I yearn to have a life filled with that feeling.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I was at my finest between the ages of 0-10. I spent my time learning at school (which I really liked) and just playing when I came home. I felt like I was a success at school and at home and that I was respected for that. I didn't have to do anything to impress anyone. I just existed, lived, played, and it was nice.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when I fail at things and I absolutely hate the feeling of going nowhere. I also feel inferior when I feel misunderstood and have no way of communicating so that I make myself understandable. I also feel inferior when people don't listen to my opinion or underestimate me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about if what I'm doing is right. If its right for me and if its right in general. I also think a lot about the consequences. Is what I'm about to do a bad idea? What'll the result be? Do I want to do something that results in that? I think about the overall effect.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I want the best possible outcome. It doesn't matter who has control really, but I just want the best outcome. If I feel like something is being done that will hurt the outcome then I'll speak up. But its not about having control at all. Its about the result.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I had a lot of fun when I was little and I used to play school with my stuffed animals. I felt very competent in being a pretend teacher, lol. I really enjoyed what I was doing and got very immersed into it. I took my playtime seriously. lol.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
When I want to learn something knew my first inclination is to research it to death, but I've noticed that researching something to death is totally useless. I really need to find a way to connect whatever I'm learning to in way that I understand. I need to see how it all works together.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm pretty naturally organized. Its not too hard for me. I like to make to do list sometimes, but I usually forget them right after I make them. I'm pretty good at arranging things around my room. I like having things function well more than anything.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it. I do look for info that supports it, but I don't necessarily need official info to understand something. I probably won't believe a person though if there's nothing to support what they're saying. But it still might be an interesting idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I like it when we can all be apart of the group, but I make sure that I follow what I believe and that I'm myself. Sometimes its hard to be myself with everyone though. A lot of the time it doesn't seem worth it to try and prove who I am to every single person. But if I'm having a real relationship with someone then I feel compelled to be totally honest. In fact, I actually have a friend who consistently wants me to lie and tell her that I miss her and love her but...I just can't. I can't compliment on command. It makes me want to never compliment her again. Then she tells me that I'm being unsupportive. I don't know how lying would be make me any more supportive though. Does handing out pre-packaged compliments on command really make me a better friend?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
A little of both. I think before I speak most of the time. I do blurt some stupid stuff out though when I'm around my closest friends and family though. One on one communication can either be wonderful or really hardcore. It really depends on who I'm talking to. Group discussions are the same. If I feel like I'm being welcomed then it can be kind of nice to talk to a group and know that they understand what I'm saying or think I'm funny. On those occasions, I actually kind of like the attention.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I look before leaping most of the time. I think actions and words both speak. You can't really ignore either. Motives behind actions and words and the key though.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd probably go out assuming that I'm not being lazy or needing time to myself. TV can wait in general though. But I'd make sure that my DVR was recording it. lol.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Either really emotionless and critical or really insecure about myself and fishing for some kind of connection or attention from others. I also tend to disappear sometimes. I get avoidant. I'm embarassed by all these behaviors, by the way.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Its hard to say, but one thing I've noticed that I really, really hate is being told what to do like I'm too stupid to do it myself. People seem to think I'm like this little innocent, naive baby that needs to be instructed on how to do things all the time. I don't like being treated like a naive person who can't figure things out for themselves.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I really like talking about how others live their lives, but only if its in an attempt to understand why they are how they are. I like hearing about what other people are doing with their lives and what their interests are.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I don't know what I pay the least attention to. I guess I pay so little attention to it that I can't even pinpoint it. Maybe, being tough. Yeah, I don't pay much attention to asserting dominance or being a outwardly tough.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They perceive me as apathetic about certain things and naive about others. They are wrong on both accounts. They also don't realize that I have hardcore feelings about a lot of things and a deep understanding of how things work. Some think I'm smart but also a little ditzy. Others think I'm so quiet that I must not have a personality. One told me that it seems like I don't worry about anything, ever. (All wrong, again.).

I've also been called nice, caring, and smart. My family seems to think that I'm smart enough to do anything that I want with my life. They also think I'm very loyal.

Most people seem to like me I guess.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
A day to do whatever I want... I'd probably want to listen to some music, play some video games, go to the beach or movies with someone I like, read some fanfiction, and eat some icecream and barbeque food.

If I'm being more unrealistic, then I want to get a on private jet with the people I love, fly to New York City (ore somewhere else like that) and fill up the day just seeing all the sights.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's some questions I answered somewhere else about my type:

I'm back for round 658485 of trying to figure out my type. Maybe you can guys can help.

Purely MBTI: INFP, with some J tendencies.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, do you know stuff about enneagram? I just started learning about it and some people are saying 6w5 or 6w7.

I do know about the Enneagram, and I think you're either a 6w5 or 6w7, or a 4w5 or 4w3. I'm not entirely sure which though. Are you familiar with the instincts?

SiriusSeverusSnape

MBTI Type
SVRS
I do know about the Enneagram, and I think you're either a 6w5 or 6w7, or a 4w5 or 4w3. I'm not entirely sure which though. Are you familiar with the instincts?

I've heard of them, but I'm not entirely sure what they mean.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've heard of them, but I'm not entirely sure what they mean.

Well, I'll be glad to share them with you. There are three instincts: Self-preservation (sometimes abbreviated "Sp"), Social (sometimes abbrevaited "So"), and Sexual (sometimes abbreviated "Sx"). Here are some different descriptions of each of the instincts:

Self Preservation:

People who have this as their dominant instinct are preoccupied with the safety, comfort, health, energy, and well-being of the physical body. In a word, they are concerned with having enough resources to meet life's demands. Identification with the body is a fundamental focus for all humans, and we need our body to function well in order to be alive and active in the world. Most people in contemporary cultures are not faced life or death "survival" in the strictest sense; thus, Self-Preservation types tend to be concerned with food, money, housing, medical matters, and physical comfort. Moreover, those primarily focused on self-preservation, by extension, are usually interested in maintaining these resources for others as well. Their focus of attention naturally goes towards things related to these areas such as clothes, temperature, shopping, decorating, and the like, particularly if they are not satisfied in these areas or have a feeling of deficiency due to their childhoods. Self-Pres types tend to be more grounded, practical, serious, and introverted than the other two instinctual types. They might have active social lives and a satisfying intimate relationship, but if they feel that their self-preservation needs are not being met, still tend not to be happy or at ease. In their primary relationships, these people are "nesters"—they seek domestic tranquility and security with a stable, reliable partner.

People of the self-preservation variant are generally trying to be comfortable and independent. Their well-being is very important to them, so they pay much attention to their health, house and financial position. They are less interested in interpersonal contact, and are typically less spontaneous and don't show as much emotion as people of the other two subtypes of their enneagram type.

Those individuals who are dominated by the instinct for self-preservation often have a grounded or practical quality; they frequently develop a high degree of self-sufficiency, discipline and maturity. Many self-pres subtypes devote themselves to programs for self-improvement and, of all the subtypes are probably the most “focused.” All of these qualities can clearly be beneficial, but when the personality is unbalanced, a dominant self-preservational instinct can manifest in an obsessive concern with questions of health, such as a focus on diet or exercise which might be punitive or otherwise excessive. Some self-pres types, when unbalanced, worry too much about health, mortality, finances or security. In fact, as life is ephemeral and safety an illusion, worry in general, of whatever sort, is a frequent manifestation of a dominant instinct for self-preservation.

When the instinct for self-preservation is last in the instinctual stacking, the individual will often be somewhat ungrounded or seemingly “immature.” Such individuals often have a hard time focusing on issues such as financial security or the commitment to the development of practical skills. Sometimes, issues of health are ignored. In the more extroverted types, individuals who are self-pres last, often find it difficult to develop “inwardness.”

Sexual:

Many people originally identify themselves as this type because they have learned that the Sexual types are interested in "one-on-one relationships." But all three instinctual types are interested in one-on-one relationships for different reasons, so this does not distinguish them. The key element in Sexual types is an intense drive for stimulation and a constant awareness of the "chemistry" between themselves and others. Sexual types are immediately aware of the attraction, or lack thereof, between themselves and other people. Further, while the basis of this instinct is related to sexuality, it is not necessarily about people engaging in the sexual act. There are many people that we are excited to be around for reasons of personal chemistry that we have no intention of "getting involved with." Nonetheless, we might be aware that we feel stimulated in certain people's company and less so in others. The sexual type is constantly moving toward that sense of intense stimulation and juicy energy in their relationships and in their activities. They are the most "energized" of the three instinctual types, and tend to be more aggressive, competitive, charged, and emotionally intense than the Self-Pres or Social types. Sexual types need to have intense energetic charge in their primary relationships or else they remain unsatisfied. They enjoy being intensely involved—even merged—with others, and can become disenchanted with partners who are unable to meet their need for intense energetic union. Losing yourself in a "fusion" of being is the ideal here, and Sexual types are always looking for this state with others and with stimulating objects in their world.

People of the sexual variant are very much interested in one to one contacts. They are looking for intimacy and this may show in sexuality, though not necessarily. Being in a relationship is very important to them. They are the most passionate of the subtypes, being temperamental and having more energy. They have less of a problem with getting into a fight and care less about rules and responsibility.

The sexual instinct focuses on attraction and excitement, or, what, apart from the self, seems to promise to expand and intensify life. The life of the self is found in the life of the other. As its name would indicate, individuals who are dominated by the sexual instinct are concerned with sexual fulfillment in the obvious sense of that term, but sexual subtypes are seldom interested in sex merely as a physical act. In fact, a belief that sex is just another physical drive for physical pleasure is a pretty good sign that an individual is not a sexual subtype. Sexual subtypes generally have romantic longings for the ideal partner and hence have high expectations and ideals. By extension, the sexual instinct can manifest in a desire for intensity of many different sorts, but the primary manifestation will generally be a concern with finding the ideal partner, as the sexual subtypes tend to feel somehow incomplete or unfinished without a relationship to ground them.

On the high side, sexual subtypes often bring a certain passion and experimentalism to their lives; they are generally willing to take risks in order to attain their ideals. Sexual subtypes are also usually willing to sacrifice for those who matter most to them; they have an expanded sense of what constitutes the self and tend to merge with those they love. On the down side however, sexual subtypes tend to struggle with issues of neediness and dependency, as they tend to feel that they need relationships in order to reclaim lost or inaccessible portions of the self. In addition, the merging tendency, when taken to extremes, can lead to an inability to protect important boundaries. And the desire for intensity of experience can lead sexual subtypes to take unnecessary risks, to be somewhat impatient and to grow bored or frustrated with mundane reality. When the overall personality is unbalanced, thrill seeking or self-medication sometimes enter the picture, and can lead to various forms of addiction.

When the sexual instinct is least developed, the personality can lack a certain charisma and momentum. Such personalities often do not form truly intimate relationships, as they don’t feel driven to do so; consequently, their personal relationships can suffer from a lack of attention. As there are aspects of ourselves which we can only see when in close relationship to others, those whose sexual instinct remains undeveloped might find it difficult to cultivate some forms of self-awareness.

Social:

Just as many people tend to misidentify themselves as Sexual types because they want one-on-one relationships, many people fail to recognize themselves as Social types because they get the (false) idea that this means always being involved in groups, meetings, and parties. If Self-Preservation types are interested in adjusting the environment to make themselves more secure and comfortable, Social types adapt themselves to serve the needs of the social situation they find themselves in. Thus, Social types are highly aware of other people, whether they are in intimate situations or in groups. They are also aware of how their actions and attitudes are affecting those around them. Moreover, Sexual types seek intimacy, Social types seek personal connection: they want to stay in long-term contact with people and to be involved in their world. Social types are the most concerned with doing things that will have some impact on their community, or even broader domains. They tend to be warmer, more open, engaging, and socially responsible than the other two types. In their primary relationships, they seek partners with whom they can share social activities, wanting their intimates to get involved in projects and events with them. Paradoxically, they actually tend to avoid long periods of exclusive intimacy and quiet solitude, seeing both as potentially limiting. Social types lose their sense of identity and meaning when they are not involved with others in activities that transcend their individual interests.

People of the social variant prefer to be in groups or teams. They are more interested than the other subtypes in the position that they and others have in a group, and are consequently concerned with status. Wanting to be accepted, they try to fit in and be nice.

The social instinct focuses on the group, hierarchy, status, the big picture; it essentially focuses on connecting to that which is larger than the self. Individuals whose social instinct is dominant need to feel a sense of “belonging.” They need to feel as though they have found a place in the group; they need to feel as though they are making their own contributions. Individuals whose social instinct is first tend to be the warmest of the subtypes. They generally have lots of “connections” whether to friends, acquaintances, family members or professional colleagues. Social subtypes are the most likely to feel a sense of social responsibility to the needs of the group and to work to serve those needs.

On the high side, social subtypes are the most likely to sacrifice their narrow interests in service of that which is larger than themselves. They extend themselves toward others and often have a sort of generosity with their time and energy. They are aware of group dynamics and underlying emotional currents. On the down side however, social subtypes are the most prone to feelings of social shame; as they are the most acutely aware of the opinions of others, they suffer the most when they feel a sense of social rejection. Social subtypes can therefore suffer from self-consciousness. In less balanced personalities, this can lead to a need to conform to the standards of the group in order to achieve acceptance. Social subtypes can sometimes fail to focus on the needs of the self as they are searching for their identity in terms of the larger whole.

When the social instinct is least developed, the individual is going to find it difficult to see why it is important to form social connections or to cultivate multiple relationships. This, in turn, can lead to a certain amount of social isolation. And, as we all must find a niche in the larger whole, those whose social instinct is least developed, can find it difficult to negotiate the needs of the social realm which make this possible. Those whose social instinct is last in the instinctual stacking, find interdependence difficult and dependence on others barely tolerable. But all human beings are interdependent, and sometimes, dependent - when they are, for instance, young, weak, sick, old or dying. Those whose social instinct remains undeveloped are trying to attain a type of independence and self-sufficiency which is not possible for human beings. This “false independence” almost certainly leads to unnecessary suffering and impoverishment of experience.

SiriusSeverusSnape

MBTI Type
SVRS
[MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION]
So people have are two of the instincts? Like in your signature it says sx/sp, so that mean you choose two?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION]
So people have are two of the instincts? Like in your signature it says sx/sp, so that mean you choose two?

No, each of us have all three instincts. The instinctual variant describes your preference for each one. For example, if you are an Sx/Sp, like me, your Sexual instinct is the most dominant, your Self-preservation instinct is the second-most dominant, and the Social instinct is the least dominant.

Does that make sense?

SiriusSeverusSnape

MBTI Type
SVRS
No, each of us have all three instincts. The instinctual variant describes your preference for each one. For example, if you are an Sx/Sp, like me, your Sexual instinct is the most dominant, your Self-preservation instinct is the second-most dominant, and the Social instinct is the least dominant.

Does that make sense?

Yes it does. :) I'm probably going to need to learn a lot more about enneagram before I really understand it as a whole system.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14475]SiriusSeverusSnape[/MENTION]
haven't read all of it yet, but so far you seem ENTP 3w2 So/Sx

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14475]SiriusSeverusSnape[/MENTION]
haven't read all of it yet, but so far you seem ENTP 3w2 So/Sx

ENTP? I don't know where you got the idea he/she is T lol.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem like an ENFP or an INFP. Let's see how it works out:

"Feeling misunderstood" happens to intuitives. "I think about if what I'm doing is right. If its right for me and if its right in general," sounds like a combination of traits defining both Fe and Fi. "Its not about having control at all. Its about the result," sounds like a perceiving trait. "I try to understand the principles behind it," is an intuitive trait. "I like it when we can all be apart of the group, but I make sure that I follow what I believe and that I'm myself," that is Fe plus Fi again. "I actually have a friend who consistently wants me to lie and tell her that I miss her and love her but...I just can't. I can't compliment on command," you prefer authenticity over interpersonal harmony, so that is more to the Fi. "I think before I speak most of the time" is an introversion trait.

I'd say you're a little on the introverted side so INFP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, do you know stuff about enneagram? I just started learning about it and some people are saying 6w5 or 6w7.

Agreed. At the end of the OP you expressed some fun-loving desires that would point toward a 7-wing, but all-in-all it's hard to be certain of a wing-type call. (Edit - definite on 6 however, and probably the phobic subtype).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP? I don't know where you got the idea he/she is T lol.

Are you finding a high degree of similarity between yourself and Sirius, Good Samaritan?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION]

i think I'm a 6w7 btw.

6w5 and 6w7: serious, versus playful; "hates" (doesn't need) people, versus "loves" (needs) people.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
only at #3 and already think infp...