• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Well i think i'm an INTJ but...

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
From reading a lot of random posts on this site i've noticed a lot of people talking about how many of the INTJs here and on the INTJ forum are really not INTJ and are mistyped or just pretending. I'm always doubting what type i really am and i actually had a post here about a month ago where i asked people to type me but now i am unsure again.

I always doubt whether i'm an INTP or INTJ. I definitely feel the "I" and the "T" and as for N vs S i believe I'm "N" but i'm not quite sure what "S" is really. "J" vs "P" i can never differentiate, maybe cause i'm introverted. I first tested as ISTJ/ISTP then INTP and now consistently INTJ but i'd like to hear what you guys think.

I feel that i get carried away a lot with whatever i'm doing, like today i was supposed to be doing homework and filling out applications for school but instead i'm doing this because my mind got into MBTI mode and it is working most efficiently for that action now. If i wanted to do homework now it would not be efficient because i'd have a hard time focusing on homework since my mind became so actively involved with MBTI, there would have to be a sort of transition period while i'm doing homework where i wouldn't be doing my homework at 100% mental efficiency and it would take time to adjust my mind into homework mode where it's 100% efficient to do homework, and... i don't want to take that time for the transition to happen because there's a net loss of productivity and time there since i plan on doing both homework and MBTI research. That always makes me feel like i lack initiative. I know i'll be able to get my homework done, but i won't be satisfied like i would be if the transition was comfortable.

I hope that helps a little but ask me anything you guys feel would help you type me and i'll answer as honestly as i can.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
You sound like an INTJ.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Fuent, as long as you're not a jerk about it, we'll happily accept you as INTJ.

As for if you really are INTJ, that's for you to figure out for yourself...

(/bullshit answer)

I may be available later but, like you, I have homework to do, though unlike you, I'm trying to split my attentions between MBTI mode and homework mode. I'm having limited success. Lol.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm still unsure. What specifically makes you think so Kiddo?

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fuent, as long as you're not a jerk about it, we'll happily accept you as INTJ.

As for if you really are INTJ, that's for you to figure out for yourself...

(/bullshit answer)

I may be available later but, like you, I have homework to do, though unlike you, I'm trying to split my attentions between MBTI mode and homework mode. I'm having limited success. Lol.

Lol indeed. I know this all too well.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
INTJ sometimes looks P 'cause Ni can make you clumsy/forgetful/etc.

I didn't read what you said 'cause I never read what anyone says when they type themselves based on the four dichotomies.

P and J is a horrible descriptor if you're introverted.

Learn functions for clearer introspection.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP

AvereX i actually saw you post this on Hap's post on "What's my type?" and i took it and ended up as INTJ, i closed the window so i can't post the numbers. I felt like i was half assing it though cause i was answering "somewhat me" for almost all of them cause i keep second guessing myself so much cause everything can be so situational. I've taken that test before and have gotten different results though for that reason. The more i think about it the more my answer changes.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
AvereX i actually saw you post this on Hap's post on "What's my type?" and i took it and ended up as INTJ, i closed the window so i can't post the numbers. I felt like i was half assing it though cause i was answering "somewhat me" for almost all of them cause i keep second guessing myself so much cause everything can be so situational. I've taken that test before and have gotten different results though for that reason. The more i think about it the more my answer changes.

ah
look at the type descriptions that tell of the differences between INTJ and INTP

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP

I didn't read what you said 'cause I never read what anyone says when they type themselves based on the four dichotomies.

So what does it mean to have Se as my inferior function? What does it tell about the way i think and act?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I also wouldn't bother much with the rigid four function model. It seems to me that those who have Ni first have weaker Se than any other function. Perhaps the theory doesn't go that way, but in practice, I've seen it to be true.

Instead, if I were to do so, I'd use Ni and Te (the functions we can be sure of) to describe your behavior.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
ah
look at the type descriptions that tell of the differences between INTJ and INTP

Is there any ones you've seen that are pretty good in that aspect? I haven't found any so far. When i've tried to differentiate i've just become more confused =/

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what does it mean to have Se as my inferior function? What does it tell about the way i think and act?

Under great stress, people tend to "snap" and "flip" over to their non-preferred style. For INTJs this means:

* Overindulges in Sensing activities -- eating, watching TV, surfing Internet
* Becomes overly focused on their environment -- housecleaning, organizing cupboards

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

Agreed. People keep trying to type me as INTP for that very reason.

ISTJs and INTJs are totally different though they can both appear similar at times (auxillary Te is very... overbearing sometimes).

ISTJs have dominant Si and inferior Ne. That means that they're most in their element when they're comparing to previous experience, but inferior Ne under stress tends to come out as 'catastrophizing' (automatically finding all the ways things can go wrong) and scattering energy.

INTJs have dominant Ni and inferior Se. Ni is most in its element looking at things and immediately finding things that are 'not right' and making connections that have little basis from past experience. Inferior Se under stress can often come out as obsession with 'sensate activities' (watching TV, overeating, binge drinking, etc), hypochondria, and obsessing over details which they know are unimportant.

I know more about inferior Se because I've actually experienced a lot of it... I'm pretty sure that Se and Ne both make you restless under stress, though. From personal experience, though, I've found that most of all there's a sense of immediacy attached to everything I do and everything that happens that's not usually there. I'll panic because I need the means to do something RIGHT NOW even though I don't have the needs and though usually I'm fine with waiting, I'm no longer able to wait.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I also wouldn't bother much with the rigid four function model. It seems to me that those who have Ni first have weaker Se than any other function. Perhaps the theory doesn't go that way, but in practice, I've seen it to be true.

Instead, if I were to do so, I'd use Ni and Te (the functions we can be sure of) to describe your behavior.

Does having Se as my weakest function explain why i find it so tedious to recall past memories of concrete events such as what i did last week, what i was wearing yesterday, even what my 7th birthday was like?

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Under great stress, people tend to "snap" and "flip" over to their non-preferred style. For INTJs this means:

* Overindulges in Sensing activities -- eating, watching TV, surfing Internet
* Becomes overly focused on their environment -- housecleaning, organizing cupboards

What would snapping or flipping mean for an INTP?

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
What would snapping or flipping mean for an INTP?

Oooh, oooh, I know this one
*raises hand*

Fe = during extreme frustration an INTP will show an outburst of emotion that is probably similar to a child having a tantrum. Not pretty and not fun.