• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Well i think i'm an INTJ but...

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
So what does it mean to have Se as my inferior function? What does it tell about the way i think and act?

it means that you might have some thrill-seeking that you feel drawn to. I dunno. Wearing a really flashy outfit, obsessive 'I wish I was sexier' thoughts.

Some uncontrolable visceral reaction, such as General Ullysses Grant's fainting at the sight of blood.

Oh, and developing awareness around the sensing function and developing skill with some sensing activity would be regarded as an important achievement, even though the first few times you crash your motercycle, accidently throw the pizza dough into the sink, whatever.

If you're more than, like, 15 years old, life without the tertiary and inferior functions would be dull and pointless. So it means a lot!

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think my Fi is just well developed. I would trust logic more readily than some feeling i have, but i'll consider the feeling.

eeeehhhh. There's a cultural bias in the case of this one that leads to self-falsification for a lot of people.

I'm still suspicious.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would say that you sound like an NT- and I'll take your word for the fact that you are Introverted. I can't tell whether you are an INTJ or INTP- both types strongly desire autonomy. An INTP is more likely to be troubled by Fe than an INTJ though.

According to??

Whole type follows
the trickster is way more negative than the anima
trickster extraverted feeling: "should'nt you be on one knee?" (sarcasm)-british journalist's response to young man wooing his mistress in The Quiet American
anima extraverted feeling: Dumbledore's emphasis on the 'importance of love'

Oh, yes, and Dumbledore is definately an INTP.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
oh, by the way, about the tertiary and inferior functions being worth it for intensity of life:

Movie: Bulworth.

Senator Jay Bulworth (_NTJ) was a detached, dishonest, run of the mill full-of-shit politician. But eventually he couldn't take it anymore. So, when he goes on his very-well-scheduled run of speech stops (where he usually gives the same bland, buzzworded speech), when he goes to speak at an inner-city church, he decides to ditch that speech, and to just answer questions, in the most honest, shocking way possible, and he gets more and more exited as the crowd goes nuts. (Fi and Se)

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
With friends i use Fe quite a bit because it's useful in sparking conversations but with strangers it's different. I don't like people knowing details about my life because i know people will misinterpret information or make inaccurate judgments because they don't know all the information and i can't monitor them to make sure they don't misinterpret things. Even if i could monitor them it's not worth my time. It really pisses me off when my mom, ISFJ, wants to know every single little detail about what i did and how i felt doing it because i know from experience she's just gonna go tell all her friends and those crazy people are gonna make all sorts of innacurate judgements and tell their friends... thus the cycle continues and then when they come to my house and bring those details up, i'm expected to want to talk to them and just confirm their judgements (even though they're mostly always wrong) because if i sit there and correct them it's really difficult to stay composed and polite while thinking of how just plain stupid this whole situation is and how necessary this stupid situation is for this person.

I gotta admit, this actually sounds like a domFi rant.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
it means that you might have some thrill-seeking that you feel drawn to. I dunno. Wearing a really flashy outfit, obsessive 'I wish I was sexier' thoughts.

Some uncontrolable visceral reaction, such as General Ullysses Grant's fainting at the sight of blood.

Oh, and developing awareness around the sensing function and developing skill with some sensing activity would be regarded as an important achievement, even though the first few times you crash your motercycle, accidently throw the pizza dough into the sink, whatever.

If you're more than, like, 15 years old, life without the tertiary and inferior functions would be dull and pointless. So it means a lot!

YES.

I can definitely attest to this, so much as to having a blood phobia, and doing stupid, flashy things like getting up to sing karaoke even though the nervousness is enough to make you sick. But you just HAVE to do it. Like a terrible compulsion.

With reactions to pain, it's all or nothing -- at first it's the worst thing in the world, but if I'm distracted it more or less goes away, and I just can't notice the transition between, like there was none.

It's hard to explain it. For INJs, they're more or less living in the future, and if they're yanked back into the present, they can't take it to it too kindly.

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ is my guess.

You could be a J, because some J's can get obsessed and lose their track (No offense). And I really think a J would be the only one asking this question and using MBTI a lot, because P's can discard it by asking, (why only 16 types?). J's are also more tense and insecure than P's (the way you are always so unsure about your type). The NJ combo to me would be your being carried away by MBTI instead of homework. (N would be the one to start the behavior and J would be the the one to stick with it.)

Obviously an INTJ to me...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Dumbledore is pretty hard to figure out for me, actually. He is obviously introverted (I) because he hides a lot of himself from people. Intuitive (N), because he speaks in metaphors and riddles. A (T) Thinker would be the short answer, but he can find life worse than death which I think is an (F) to me. The P or J is a hard one, because he could plan out how to outwit and hide the Elder Wand from Voldemort (J), who is a genius strategist . But Dumbledore can also enjoy the simplest things of life on a whim (P).

Simplest things in life on a whim is Se -- probably in a lower position. I'd say it's relatively meaningless. Ne would prefer intuitive play rather than just enjoying cozy woolen socks.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's hard to explain it. For INJs, they're more or less living in the future, and if they're yanked back into the present, they can't take it to it too kindly.
As a lazy college student with big dreams.. I know this all too well.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't know if anybody's still bothering to look at this...

but as an explanation of the order of functions, well, the first four are the ones you use normally, and are definitely a part of you. The last four are still a part of you, but in a negative way (thus 'shadow' functions).

The first two (in this case NiTe) are the ones you use proactively. The main approach to anything an INTJ will take is with Ni and Te, perceiving through a shifting internal lens (Ni) and making decisions on observable criteria (Te). Second two are how you deal with things reactively, and because they're really only reactively they aren't as developed until you're older. ITJs might have a very strong sense of personal values (Fi) but it'll 'flare up' when offended, rather than how an IFP actively sorts things according to personal values. The inferior function is worse and even more reactive, and under too much stress it can carry you away. This is why Ps will feel like they do better under pressure (their 'J' set of functions are reactive) and Js will feel like they fall apart under pressure (their 'P' set of functions are reactive) when really neither of them are at their peak. It's not that nothing good can come out of reactivitiy, but being reactive makes you much more likely to make mistakes than proactivity.

Shadow functions you think are there to trip you up, even if they're not. The difference is people tend to like their lower functions even if they've done them wrong, while people tend to hate their shadow functions even if the shadow functions have done nothing wrong.

First shadow function (opposite sex) you hate because it seems clumsy and shallow to you. Second (Senex/witch) you hate because you know it's right. Third (deceiving) you hate because it's trying to trick you. And fourth (devilish) is just plain baffling.

Deceiving Fe would be likely to think "Oh, they're being NICE to me, they must want something! I've got to be on my guard," whether that thing they want is money, gossip fodder, and the list goes on and on. Deceiving Te (as INFJs have) creates the characteristic general distrust of all bureaucracies, which is pretty much Te systemized and made very, very large.

Or so the theory goes.

I've had many, many similar experiences with my mother. I've mostly given up -- I've just stopped talking about myself all together and don't say anything unless I need it. It's not worth the effort to tell her things. Let her and her friends think what they want, as long as it doesn't impede me in the long run, I don't really care.