• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Type

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Hello TypolocyC. I've decided to open this thread to get some expert classifiers to give me their analysis and give this a final closure. I've been at this for a long time, and i've changed my MBTI type multiple times according to my understanding of the theory. For those few who know me here already, i'm eccentric, brash, facetious, inattentive, and most of all irrational.

Well, I'm not really good at giving descriptions of myself, since I'm not the most self-aware person, but there is a list of some general traits and tendencies that i've noticed and i'm told that I express.

Reserved: I generally avoid socialization and communication unless it's an informal situation or if it's with people known to me. I don't know whether this is consistent however... since i was more extroverted as kid. I tend to be quiet.

Objective: My reasoning is usually based on facts. When I process information, I parse out personal impressions and reactions at first and then focus intensely on a strenous impersonal interpertation of information before making a conclusion. I prefer logic over sentiment, unless it's something i'm personally invested in.

Cautious: When I do plans, I usually brainstorm, pick out relevant steps, ideas and objectives, and put everything in a linear step-by-step plan, and continously revise it until i run out of ideas on how to improve it. I'm very cautious with money, and spend it with as a comprehensive understanding as possible when taking a decision. And the same principle runs through pretty much anything i do. I avoid talking about topics i have no information on is another example that is attributbale.

Concrete/Abstract: I have no preference for either. I can dwelve in both, but usually i have a tendenecy towards a more literal, here and now thinking, rather than from a big-picture, long-term perspective . Even though you end up there when you try to find clarity in complex subjects.

Other than that i can't think of anything more descriptive at the moment, someone will have to ask me for the missing info and pose more in-depth questions.

So, please go ahead.

P.S i apologize for any grammar and spelling mistakes.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You do sound ESTJ. :yes: But the one thing I would be uncertain about, in your case, would be Te vs. Ti.

Have you taken a function test?

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
You do sound ESTJ. :yes: But the one thing I would be uncertain about, in your case, would be Te vs. Ti.

Have you taken a function test?

Yes... and apparently i've scored a high Te. And i can personally observe myself using external measurements and defining criterias when reasoning and analyzing. Now i don't know many ESTJs.. but it would be nice if you could elaborate more EJCC.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes... and apparently i've scored a high Te. And i can personally observe myself using external measurements and defining criterias when reasoning and analyzing. Now i don't know many ESTJs.. but it would be nice if you could elaborate more EJCC.
Well, I don't have a lot more information for you regarding how I came to the ESTJ conclusion, but here's what I do have:

If you were stuck between ESTP and ESTJ, then it's obvious that you're ESTJ because of your Te use -- and because the bolded says Si to me. I don't really see anything in the OP that would say ESTP, except for one bit that I'll address later, that made me confused about Ti vs. Te.

More thoughts:
Well, I'm not really good at giving descriptions of myself, since I'm not the most self-aware person, but there is a list of some general traits and tendencies that i've noticed and i'm told that I express.
I relate to your reasoning here -- which is instinctive on my part, yes, but I figure my instincts might mean something here. The thought process of "I need to know what I'm like. I don't know what I'm like. Where can I get that information? I know, I'll ask around, or I'll see if I can remember what others have described me as" -- it seems very Te-dominant to me, though it might not be.
Reserved: I generally avoid socialization and communication unless it's an informal situation or if it's with people known to me. I don't know whether this is consistent however... since i was more extroverted as kid. I tend to be quiet.
I wouldn't have thought of you as an extrovert, based on this, though there are many, many reserved extroverts in the world. What made you think of yourself as an extrovert? Was it just test-taking? (Note: I'm not questioning your ESTx typing, just to make things easier.)
Objective: My reasoning is usually based on facts. When I process information, I parse out personal impressions and reactions at first and then focus intensely on a strenous impersonal interpertation of information before making a conclusion. I prefer logic over sentiment, unless it's something i'm personally invested in.
^ This was what confused me initially regarding Te vs. Ti. I mean, it's obvious that you're a Thinker, but a lot of this quote could be either variety of Thinking imo. What helped me decide on ESTJ ended up being the bolded -- not because it says Te, but because it says Si/Ne. There was a thread, a while ago, talking about differences between Ne and Ni in terms of brainstorming, and one thing that was considered (though I don't know if it was agreed upon by everyone on the thread) was the idea that Ne/Si brainstorms in exactly the way you were describing, i.e. starting with everything and then narrowing it down.
Cautious: When I do plans, I usually brainstorm, pick out relevant steps, ideas and objectives, and put everything in a linear step-by-step plan, and continously revise it until i run out of ideas on how to improve it. I'm very cautious with money, and spend it with as a comprehensive understanding as possible when taking a decision. And the same principle runs through pretty much anything i do. I avoid talking about topics i have no information on is another example that is attributbale.
This also sounds very Te/Si. I might have thought ISTJ, based on this, because of how Si it is, but I trust your self-typing.