• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questioning Type Again

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't have the agressive intensity of an Sx-dom. So you're not one, that's it.

Why do I have to be aggressively intense to be an Sx-dom? I can still primarily have my focus towards intensity without actually always being intense. I just don't focus enough on my self-preservation to be an Sp-dom. My dad, a true Sp-dom 6, calls me out on it all the time. When it comes to jobs, I care about what I want to do more than I do how much money I make. I am not worried about financial stability, having nice housing, shopping, etc. Just because I'm not an Sx/So like you doesn't make me not an Sp-dom.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you!

Ok, now I identify again with sp/sx... I'll just say I'm sp/sx and ignore 9types.com and that test. I'm happy enough with sp/sx.

Thanks for your help. ^^

Your welcome. I took the 9types test long before I found oceans-moonshine, and was completely thrown off by it for a bit. That's because I had already speculated I was the Sx-dom (as I had told this to someone on this forum), but 9types said I was Sp. I very quickly decided against that test. I have yet to find a decent Instinctuals test.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do I have to be aggressively intense to be an Sx-dom? I can still primarily have my focus towards intensity without actually always being intense. I just don't focus enough on my self-preservation to be an Sp-dom. My dad, a true Sp-dom 6, calls me out on it all the time. When it comes to jobs, I care about what I want to do more than I do how much money I make. I am not worried about financial stability, having nice housing, shopping, etc. Just because I'm not an Sx/So like you doesn't make not an Sp-dom.

I don't know about the financial stability part, but I take it you've read this description?
Sexual/Self-pres

'The sexual/self-pres Six is more concerned with strength, beauty and merging. With this stacking, the counterphobic energy is directed more toward individuals than towards ideas and concepts. It’s more about controlling the people closest to them. Paranoia arises when the Six feels abandoned by intimates. In the sexual/self-pres Six, doubt and anxiety is relieved by the knowledge that one's intimates really are trustworthy. These Sixes are always testing their mates for loyalty. The sexual Six is counterphobic in terms of needing to prove their desirability and strength.

This type is identified with their respective gender roles for security. They can be competitive and appear Eight-like. Male Sixes are likely to show strength as a form of counterphobia. Female Sixes are likely to emphasize their looks in order to be attractive. Security comes from knowing they are desirable. They can be very possessive of their mates. This can turn to extreme jealousy. On the down side, paranoia about the relationship can set in. The sexual/self-pres Six can appear Three-like, because of their need for validation and competitiveness.

On the high side, this subtype can be the most fiercely loyal to their friendships and to those loved ones who have gained their trust. The intensity of the sexual instinct brings with it a passion that is unwavering for the love and protection of their loved ones. The nature of the Six to "go towards," combined with the merging of the sexual instinct, can sometimes create an idealization of others, the ones that have passed the test of the Six. On the down side, the fear of losing the close relationship can cause this subtype to desperately lash out counterphobicaly.'

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about the financial stability part, but I take it you've read this description?

I have. I question though that an Sx-dom 6 has to be counterphobic. I also don't particularly identify with the "gender roles", "controlling partners", or being concerned with "strength" parts, but other than that, it sounds like me. :yes:

Particularly these parts:

The sexual/self-pres Six is more concerned with strength, beauty and merging. With this stacking, the counterphobic energy is directed more toward individuals than towards ideas and concepts. It’s more about controlling the people closest to them. Paranoia arises when the Six feels abandoned by intimates. In the sexual/self-pres Six, doubt and anxiety is relieved by the knowledge that one's intimates really are trustworthy. These Sixes are always testing their mates for loyalty. The sexual Six is counterphobic in terms of needing to prove their desirability and strength.

This type is identified with their respective gender roles for security. They can be competitive and appear Eight-like. Male Sixes are likely to show strength as a form of counterphobia. Female Sixes are likely to emphasize their looks in order to be attractive. Security comes from knowing they are desirable. They can be very possessive of their mates. This can turn to extreme jealousy. On the down side, paranoia about the relationship can set in. The sexual/self-pres Six can appear Three-like, because of their need for validation and competitiveness.

On the high side, this subtype can be the most fiercely loyal to their friendships and to those loved ones who have gained their trust. The intensity of the sexual instinct brings with it a passion that is unwavering for the love and protection of their loved ones. The nature of the Six to "go towards," combined with the merging of the sexual instinct, can sometimes create an idealization of others, the ones that have passed the test of the Six. On the down side, the fear of losing the close relationship can cause this subtype to desperately lash out counterphobicaly.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have. I question though that an Sx-dom 6 has to be counterphobic. I also don't particularly identify with the "gender roles", "controlling partners", or being concerned with "strength" parts, but other than that, it sounds like me. :yes:

Particularly these parts:

There could be a phobic Sx-dom 6 possibility, otherwise I would have to ask you if you strongly identify with counter-phobic Sx-dom G. Gordon Liddy. I'm not talking about his politics. I read his autobiographical story "Will." He seems Sx/So, and I recall he chose his wife very carefully, not in terms of sexual attraction but in terms of intelligence. (The movie version shows a stereotypical thin blonde trophy wife with big boobs but that is far from reality.) He described her as someone he met at a party, off by herself with a piece of paper working out calculus problems for fun. And Liddy comes off strongly like the 8-like Sx-dom 6 in terms of how he lived his life.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And then you are not sexual. What you bolded was related to the loyalty of Type 6, not to the Sx instinct.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And then you are not sexual. What you bolded was related to the loyalty of Type 6, not to the Sx instinct.

I agree for a change. It is too easy to pick-and-choose according to the needs of confirmation bias.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But the Sx 6 is focused particularly on intimates, not one's self and self-preservation.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let me put this together. There is nothing to say that the Sx-dom 6 CAN'T be phobic. However, if I omitted an entire paragraph from the description plus some other stuff, I personally would be looking at a different Instinctual type. I underwent this process over a period of 3 days last year and so I know how difficult this is.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But the Sx 6 is focused particularly on intimates, not one's self and self-preservation.

It kind of looks bad for your case if you disagree with the very first line of the description. But you agreed with enough of it that Sx may very well be in second place.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It kind of looks bad for your case if you disagree with the very first line of the description. But you agreed with enough of it that Sx may very well be in second place.

I don't think that necessarily eliminates Sx-first.

Self-pres/sexual

This type shares with the self-pres/social stacking the need to keep their environment in order. They also can appear One-like in that way. The differences revolve around the fact that they find their security more in their ability to attract a mate. They are concerned about how they are seen sexually. Their alliances to groups and authority can be quite conflicting. With the social instinct last in their stacking, this subtype can have a natural distrust of the social dynamic, especially when they fear it threatens their self-preservational concerns. The stance with regards to political or social concerns can vary wildly within this subtype. The self-pres is looking for safety and alliances with others, usually in a "going towards" fashion, but at the same time, the more assertive energy of the sexual instinct can manifest in a more counterphobic stance.

Their intimates are very important. Their issues with security are focused on their loved ones; their anxiety is closely tied to the pulse and feedback of the people closest to them. They are less outwardly fearful than the self-pres/social. While mainly phobic, their counterphobic nature shows in their sense of fun. They are drawn to intensity, and are likely to overcome fear in order to engage in adventures.(This is especially true with the Seven wing.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"With this stacking, the counterphobic energy is directed more toward individuals than towards ideas and concepts." This reminds me of Revlis, who once crossed out everything except the word "loyal" in one of these descriptions. This means the entire context of some sentences were lost. I specifically told her that everything must be considered, not just bits and pieces of sentences. And I'm saying the same thing to you.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think that necessarily eliminates Sx-first.

No, but I've written a lot more than that. You're definitely showing the same trait as Revlis, even in this post, of picking and choosing bits of your evidence from amongst a stack of evidence.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"With this stacking, the counterphobic energy is directed more toward individuals than towards ideas and concepts." This reminds me of Revlis, who once crossed out everything except the word "loyal" in one of these descriptions. This means the entire context of some sentences were lost. I specifically told her that everything must be considered, not just bits and pieces of sentences. And I'm saying the same thing to you.

But I relate more with the Sx/Sp description than the Sp/Sx description.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, but I've written a lot more than that. You're definitely showing the same trait as Revlis, even in this post, of picking and choosing bits of your evidence from amongst a stack of evidence.

I'm picking what I relate to.

G

garbage

As a probable 6w5 so/sx, I'll say that I can't relate well to the ocean-moonshine description of the 6 so/sx, but both its general so/sx description and the 5 so/sx description are spot on for me.

Questioning type is pretty easy to do because there are a lot of terrible sources out there (though, in my opinion, ocean-moonshine is one of the best). The ones to watch out for are those that conflate core traits with potential manifestations of those traits.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But I relate more with the Sx/Sp description than the Sp/Sx description.

From something you said above, it sounds as if you have Sp last.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm picking what I relate to.

But you're relating to them out of context of entire sentences. For example, take "I am loyal to a fault," scratch out "to a fault," and you'll see that the meaning changes considerably.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From something you said above, it sounds as if you have Sp last.

Really? Why is that so?

But you're relating to them out of context of entire sentences. For example, take "I am loyal to a fault," scratch out "to a fault," and you'll see that the meaning changes considerably.

Right, which is why I was saying I relate to the overall description of Sx/Sp as opposed to the Sp/Sx one.