• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with my Tritype?

sculpting

Hello!

I dont really understand the inner workings of the enneagram too much, but was recently introduced to the notion of a tritype.

I am certainly a 4w5 and an sp/sx. But with the tritypes I identify with:

471-the visionary
417-the catalyst
and a distant third 478

How do you know which one is right? Do you know which one fits me the best, please guess! :)

once you have this, does a tritype evolve with time? How do you find out about blindspots and stuff like that?

Thanks!!

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You understand your tritype by first understanding each type. Don't try to find it out by grouping the types as a homogeneous blob.

I like this site for enneagram information.

Anyways, the first type in your tritype is your primary way of dealing with the world. I have 6 first, which means that my primary way of dealing with the world is 6. This is also my head type (5, 6, or 7). My second type is 3. It fulfills the role of my heart type (2, 3, or 4). Last is 1, which fulfills the role of my body/gut type (8,9, or 1). As stated before, my primary way of dealing with the world is 6 and head oriented. If the 6/head approach does not work, I move on to a 3/heart approach. If even that does not work (or the situation is not solved by a head or heart approach), I move on to 1/body.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I don't really see 471 vs 417 as a major issue. You've got your main type, you know your tritype archetype. Good enough I say.