• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or some other INxx?

Kekira

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
I know that I am without a doubt introverted and typically my intuition scores tend to stay higher than sensing on most scores. Occasionally I've gotten things that seem somewhat close to my personality such as ISTJ (although I am not that dutiful and will challenge authority if it shows to lack competence as it is said INTJ's are most likely to do) and more recently INFJ which seems to fit me like a glove. I am the type that like to thoroughly understand these things and make sure I get it right though and I've taken multiple tests of various lengths. I'd say about 70-80% of the time I get INTJ and occasionally some other type. Recently did a Big Five Model test as well. Not sure if it could be helpful albeit there's a lot to read it describes my traits well at least.

Prudent

You look before you leap, think before you act, consider what you're about to say before you open your mouth to speak; that's why you rarely have to eat your words.

You usually don't get excited easily or blurt out the first thing that comes to mind without considering the consequences.

Introspective

You like your own company; you're a very interesting person. Tracking your own mental processes, knowing what you're thinking and why you do what you do, is important to you. Often, what's going on in your mind is more compelling than what's going on outside. For the most part, those with a high score on the "introspective" trait enjoy reading, taking long walks, learning new things, and other solitary activities.

You are not someone who is constantly looking to be among a group of friends; you never feel bored when you are by yourself.

Original

You are constantly coming up with new ideas. For you, the world as it exists is just a jumping-off place; what's going on inside your mind is often more interesting than what's going on outside.

You don't feel that the road to success is to be a realist and stick to the program; you never stop yourself from coming up with new ideas or telling the world what you're thinking about.

Calm

You rarely become irritated, generally accept people as they are, take things as they come, and feel relaxed in most situations.

You do not let a minor annoyance escalate to a confrontation. You don't regularly snap at those around you or fly off the handle with little provocation.

Innovative

You come up with a lot of ideas; if one doesn't work out, there's always another waiting in the wings. You often have interesting solutions to difficult problems. You're practically a one-person brainstorming session.

You are less interested changing the world than in dealing with things as they are. Unlike those who spend all their time trying to solve problems, you prefer to zero in on things that work and stick with them.

Intellectual

You are thoughtful, rational, and comfortable in the world of ideas. People find you interesting to talk to. You're the living embodiment of the saying "You learn something new every day." In general, those with a high score on the "intellectual" trait are employed in such fields as teaching and research, and are enthusiastic about reading, foreign films, and classical music.

You do not avoid abstract conversation, experimenting with new ideas, or studying new things. It bores you to stick to the straight and narrow of what you already know.

Organized

You like to think a task through before you embark on it. If it's the slightest bit complicated, you make a list (even if it's only in your mind) and methodically work your way through it. When you have a goal in mind, you're not satisfied until you reach it.

You are not one of those people who ignore the details, and you don't understand how anyone can get anything accomplished without thoughtful planning ahead of time.

Unflappable

You are not a slave to your emotions. It takes a lot to upset or unnerve you. That's why you're a good person to have around in a crisis.

You don't let it all hang out, which means that those around you often don't know the pressures you're under or what you're going through. You're not the kind of person people run from in a crisis.

Aesthetic

You appreciate art, beauty, and design; you know that they are not superficial but absolutely crucial to living the good life. You have good taste, and you're proud of it. Those with a high score on the "aesthetic" trait are often employed in literary or artistic professions, enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about the arts, reading, and travel.

You don't think it's pretentious to be moved by art and beauty. You're not one of those who believe it doesn't matter what something looks like as long as it does its job.

Creative

You are good at solving problems, coming up with original ideas, and seeing connections between things, connections that most other people miss. People with a high score on the "creative" trait often are employed in such fields as finance and scientific research, and enjoy avant garde and classical music as well as literary fiction and scholarly non-fiction.

You do not shun abstractions and concepts in favor of the concrete and tangible.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seems like INTJ to me.

INTJ 5w4 sp/sx (tri-type wise, maybe 5w4 > 9w1 > 4w5 sp/sx)

Are you familiar with the Jung Cognitive Functions at all?

Kekira

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
A bit yes have been studying it a bit to better understand the actual meanings of them.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A bit yes have been studying it a bit to better understand the actual meanings of them.

So which functions do you think you relate to the most? And does the function order of Ni + Te + Fi + Se fit you at all?

Kekira

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
This is a rather difficult question the first one that is as I see myself using them in the order you see as far as dominance and the like. But if I had to pick on that I think is most influential on my behavior I'd say introverted intuiting. I know that when it comes to my interactions with people or when presented with a problem I have to say I try to map out how things could go not so much on the basis of good and bad but just the multiple things that could happen based on observation and past experience primarily. I'm always trying to anticipate if I could put it in a word and also want to know the underlying working of what is in front of me in the case of extraverted thinking if I read up on it properly. So I use my observations and gut to figure out how to approach a problem to most easily solve it but get irritated if I can't be allowed to understand some details...yeah feel like I'm rambling here not sure if any of what I just said could possibly make any sense. I do agree with the order of the functions however.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is a rather difficult question the first one that is as I see myself using them in the order you see as far as dominance and the like. But if I had to pick on that I think is most influential on my behavior I'd say introverted intuiting. I know that when it comes to my interactions with people or when presented with a problem I have to say I try to map out how things could go not so much on the basis of good and bad but just the multiple things that could happen based on observation and past experience primarily. I'm always trying to anticipate if I could put it in a word and also want to know the underlying working of what is in front of me in the case of extraverted thinking if I read up on it properly. So I use my observations and gut to figure out how to approach a problem to most easily solve it but get irritated if I can't be allowed to understand some details...yeah feel like I'm rambling here not sure if any of what I just said could possibly make any sense. I do agree with the order of the functions however.

Yeah . . . INTJ :yes:

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ seems accurate, but I honestly haven't seen much here that contradicts ISTJ either.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ seems accurate, but I honestly haven't seen much here that contradicts ISTJ either.

Where's the Si though? All of Kekira's thought pattern screams of Ni.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where's the Si though? All of Kekira's thought pattern screams of Ni.

Kekira mentions things frequently. My Si bread and butter is mental units; ideas that have little packets of information in them.

Si is coalescing information into models. Si is like units.

Ni is coalescing information into a big system.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kekira mentions things frequently. My Si bread and butter is mental units; ideas that have little packets of information in them.

Si is coalescing information into models. Si is like units.

Ni is coalescing information into a big system.

True, that might hint at Si, but all his/her ideaand conceptual exploration shows more of a presence of Ni than it does Si.

Kekira

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
Been mildly on the lazy side but recently took a functions test. These always make me wonder if I am simply weak in the second function as I often get rather close results. Odd I got near equal with the thinking I am curious what it'd mean.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.1)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.2)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************************** (42.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********** (10.8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.9)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Theorist; secondly Stabilizer; then Improviser; and lastly, Catalyst.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually according to that test, you could be ISTJ (although according to the test you could also be INTP or an incredibly well balanced ESTJ).