• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IXXX

fumipon

MBTI Type
Ixxx
I used a form that I found helpful to narrow down the choices for my personality type, I am confused about it.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Based on the cognitive functions, I am unsure if my primary and secondary functions are either Introverted Thinking paired with Extraverted Intuition or Introverted Thinking and Extraverted Sensing with a developed Extraverted Intuition.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Learning, knowledge and success in having a deeper understanding of various opinions and point of view that others have made. I might believe in an opinion that agrees with others but when conversing with them about a certain topic, I would usually oppose them to have an understand of their thoughts and opinions if there are any informative or valuable information that I could retrieve. Even so, it is a possibility to consider if it is not informative. Sometimes whenever I am discussing about the contradiction of omnipotence and omniscience and someone else have stated their opinion about it, I would have a blank mind. It seems simple to me that this cannot be explained because of uncertainties and our lack of knowledge in this field. This is an example.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Sharing knowledge with an open minded person that is willing to talk to me about their thoughts on some subjects that is imaginary becoming an invention in the future.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I don't know an answer to something. That's why I often research for several hours about a topic before formulating an opinion or thought since I don't want to 'not know' an answer to something I feel I should know about. Being cornered to a faster resolution of 'yes' and 'no' is a pet peeve. I need an explanation to everything since I explore the corners of possibilities and this would need time for me to explain everything (hoping that it'd make sense and sometimes it doesn't) this can make me feel inferior. Whenever I lack of knowledge in a certain topic and I'm being challenged about it (without any resources or the time to research about it) I speak and correspond similarly using the knowledge that I know and connections hoping that it'd make sense also. I might derail more since I do not know much about the subject. This might seem like I don't know the answer to a statement sometimes Anyway, this is what makes me feel inferior. Sometimes speaking randomly can make me feel like that sometimes

I often jump from one aspect to another such as the Marxist theory to studying Kant the next day. I like touching on the surfaces and not master the concept entirely since I don't have enough time for this. Enough knowledge on a certain thought would be enough of a reason to move onto the next one or I never finish it since I am always eager to learn. I eventually forget them though as time passes

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Pros and cons.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Depends. If necessary, then it is needed to have control over the outcome. We have made similar decisions and this one is not any different.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Enjoying the present moment such as going to a trip and sight seeing. I also enjoy reading and contemplating on possibilities (this repeats in a circular motion since I believe that this can be applied in any concept and theoretical explanations). This is often perceived by others to be a confused individual.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

All of the above. I feel that it is natural for me to theorize, memorize and have hands on experience. It also depends what I am doing since I am also very flexible and can easily adapt to situations. I will apply what is needed for me to learn something new. This could also be a work experience where a hands on experience is needed in this field.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Not organized. My flow of thinking is similar to brainstorming and synthesizing (we use this on a daily basis) rather than compartmentalizing and organizing my thoughts in sync with my physical movements. I am not organized. Perhaps I would attempt to clean my room for a change because it reminds me of my unorganized thoughts that often derails and confuses people. We could be mentioning about logical inefficiencies and I'm discussing about animal abomination in other countries that is considered to be immoral and connect it with a logical inefficiency for example.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Both of them operate on a different scale, so it might work in some situations so I'd say it depends.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think before speaking.

13) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I don't watch television and I don't have many friends. I might seldomly say yes to an opportunity of superficial activities. We all do this.

14) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Stay calm and find a resolution to the problem that is causing me to be stressed.

15) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Judgmental.

16) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Well I realized I can't answer questions that is along the lines of how are you and how are you doing? It seems pointless. I can't say I am good, it's a meaningless answer. I can't correspond similar to the answer, "I drove in the mountain for several hours and it was cold there. The scenery was great."

It seems exhaustive.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

What I consider to be irrelevant.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Very quiet, detached and reserved.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Reading or playing video games.

I seem to have a good use of both Se and Ne, so I am not sure whether I use Se or Ne second to Ti. My intuition is poorly used and I do not dwell much in the future. I have an interest looking into philosophical and scientific perspectives for learning purposes. I think that I look into the past, present and future fairly well and it is a mix in between the three whenever necessary. I can't feel people or upcoming situations that others can see twenty steps ahead. So whenever people play psychological or mind games at a workplace or at home, I seem to always be the last to know. Despite of this, is this Ni and not Ne since this is known to rely on perception?

I also appreciate good clothing since I dress up in various colors that match together. I suppose that I am a neutral and not necessarily feminine (I have my philosophies on femininity so I do not follow that same trend), though most of my clothing is perceived to be feminine by others. I also do moderate shopping when it comes to clothing but I also appreciate natural beauty, so I don't wear as much cosmetic make up. It's kept simple. I believe that simplicity in the best answer to some statements that is being overcomplicated by some people using circular reasoning and the conclusion ends with a logical fallacy or sophism.

I don't like literature at all, since this can be comprehended in so many ways including its symbolic meanings. I also do not like mathematics as well. I do have interest for scientific explanations using mathematics though, like chemistry and physics. As long as it has its meaning and purpose, it sits in well with me.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP or ISTP could easily aplly to you, although you seem to value Ne more so than Ni; I mean you don't really seem that much like a sensor at all, granted your sensor traits could just be developed Si.

Overall, INTP 5w6 sp/sx should be about right.

mikamickmac

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm uncertain of my Type too. I tested INTP both times I've done the official test but have tested ENTP and ISTP on some of the free on-line tests that are linked in this forum. I've looked at the typical one page descriptions of all three and see more of me in ENTP, followed by INTP but there is a little ISTP too. Haven't checked the others. Maybe if I answer the same 20 questions from the OP, others can give me there impression of what my Type is. Here goes:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I've often wondered whether my shyness could be triggering a false 'I'. Also, I don't seem to share the same intellectual pursuits that appear to be commonplace on the INTP Central forum.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To overcome my shyness. To feel more relaxed around people I don't know. To be able to enjoy parties etc without feeling I'm being scrutinised. To be care-free. Why? So I can be a participant in life, rather than a bystander.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Winning a court case that prevented my local Council and the Government from building houses on neighbourhood parks. It made me feel like a champion of the people, even though I had never publicised the action I had taken, nor the victory.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Not having knowledge of or interest in the topics of discussion at social gatherings. In a group situation, it makes it really difficult to participate. In a one-one situation, I don't feel inferior - if lack of knowledge exists, then the discussion becomes an interesting enquiry for me. If the one-one discussion holds not interest for me, then why should I be the one to feel inferior - he/she is the one boring me, not the other way around

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Depends on whether I am making the decisions in privacy or with onlookers. If in privacy, I tend to weigh up the pros and cons with objectivity. If in the company of others, such as at a meeting, empathy and the needs of others comes into my consideration and actually makes decision-making easier if I feel confident that all parties are being honest.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

My emphasis is normally about having a robust process so that I am able to defend the outcome. This involves testing the process against alternative scenarios to ensure the logic stands up. Often I lose sight of the need to obtain an outcome and get fixated on ensuring the process can be applied to a variety of scenarios.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Snow skiing, bungy jumping etc in New Zealand - the exhilaration of being almost, but not quite, out of control.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I like to theorize and then apply a hands-on trial and error approach to my theories. Never been one to learn from books - other than to take bits and pieces from here and there and apply them for a different purpose. This tends to relate more to legal rulings and how I might use the decisions to advance a separate argument. I tend to be a more lateral thinker than most engineers when it comes to law.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Organised - what's that! My desk is a mess - 6" deep in scattered paper. I know where everything is because I can recall vividly my "placing" of anything that's on it. Tidying my desk and creating nice neat piles is a sure way of losing things. Half the time, I don't know what day it is so when I turn up for work, its only once I have switched my computer on that I can tell if I have a meeting to attend or not. When working on a project, my mind seems to be full of random ideas. Trying to put them down on paper only causes me to rethink and come up with new ideas. Its only at the 11th hour does everything come together. There has been many a report or presentation that has only come together in the early hours of the morning before it was due. I must document this period on video one day - write a paragraph, get up, pace around the room, have a smoke, check out a random website, write another paragraph, have another smoke, make a coffee, more internet browsing (actually, answering this little questionnaire is "time out" from a report I'm currently writing!). Usually the end-product is a masterpiece, but having nothing to show my superiors the day before it's due gives them no confidence whatsoever.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I tend to try to understand the principles behind it - see if the idea stands up to a generic rather than a specific application.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Ideally, I follow what I believe and be myself whilst making sure everyone else is doing fine. If that's not possible, I tend to sacrifice my own beliefs and make compromises in my own behaviour to achieve harmony. I'm a bit of a follower.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I definitely think before speaking. If I'm comfortable with the crowd, I prefer group discussions as I like an audience - even though I may turn beetroot coloured and sweat up.

13) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'm in the shower as soon as the phone handset hits the cradle. Even if its a Formula 1 grand prix, which I have watched religiously since 1981, I won't miss out on a night out. I'll either record it or watch it on replay and avoid the news reports so that I can watch it as though it was live.

14) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Depends. If I'm working solo on a project, then the stress that comes with not getting my arse into gear until the 11th hour is a driver for me. In these situations, I pace, smoke more and work in very intense short bursts. But its a positive stress. If I'm leading a team and the stress is applied to the team effort, I feel the stress in a negative way - I tend to have less time for others and become irritated by disruptions. I perspire heavily.

15) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike the insensitivity in some people - the way they find it necessary to say hurtful things (even if I'm thinking the same hurtful things). I dislike the way some people engage their mouths before their brains. I dislike "loud" people. I dislike people that are overly submissive as well as people that are overly domineering. I dislike people who jump to conclusions or don't give the benefit of any doubt.

16) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything of common interest.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Time! Money management. Planning for the future. The future dominates my thinking but actually preparing and implementing a plan for it has never been on the agenda - what will be will be!

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I've never asked them. I would say they would see me as easy-going but quiet and reserved until the alcohol takes effect - then I'm very outgoing.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Usually, I'll just totter around the house doing lots of useless things - watch a movie or a concert dvd, play games on facebook - generally waste the day. If, however, I manage to put a bit of thought into the day beforehand, I might go out and play golf, a bit of shopping. Whatever, it's usually something by myself unless a friend calls to do something, then I'll drop everything to join my friend/s.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP. Saw a lot of Ne-Si thinking (the OP, not the thread hijacker above).

mikamickmac

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so
INTP. Saw a lot of Ne-Si thinking (the OP, not the thread hijacker above).

My apologies - I thought this was an open thread. Definitely didn't mean to hijack it