• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Type Me Thread

Loki Grim

MBTI Type
INTJ
Introverted: Something that I don't have any doubts about at all, There have been about five people that I've meet so far that I can spend hours around. But when it comes to things like party's, Even spending time with two people most of the time I get ''drained'' very quickly, Most of the time it only takes ten minuets before I want to leave a two or more people group.

Intuitive: Well I'm not a ''here in now person'' in any way what so ever, If I haft to plan for something I think about every thing can go wrong. Even over small things like typing this ''Type Me'' tread, What are the reader(s) going to think about the quotation marks, Do the indicate any thing? Other threads seem a lot shorter then this one, What will that be interpreted as? I put to many commas when I write, I have dysgraphia this would be a mess without them. In other words it's not the letters that I'm thinking about at all it's what they will end up meaning and how there interpreted. I have enough thoughts going through my head at a time it can cause a headache

Thinking: Honestly I can't remember the last time I made a decision based on feeling, Of course I have feeling just don't act on them I act on what makes seance not what feels right. There are a few times where I'll be nice to the few that I really care about, For example I have a friend that keeps talking about how over weight she is.. I'll say something like ''Your not skinny, But you need to put on at least thirty more pounds to be over weight, It's a subjective thing don't let a few people convince you that your over weight.'' When I was fourteen being diagnosed as a sociopath was something that was talked about, I was open to the idea which is what I think made the physiologist and psychiatrist drop the idea, This is also what attracted me to MBTI the thinking function.

Judging/Perceiving: Well I all ways have a plan A, B, C, D more if needed, I hate being late for appointments if I'm a minute late I will notice and I won't forget that for a long time. When other people are late it's expected someone says that they want to hang out in ten minuets I expect that person to show up in about a hour, Since it's expected I doesn't bother me to much but still a annoying trait unless there is a reason. But I improvise and adapt a lot of the time, Finals come up at college and I won't study just look over my notes at the last minuet I've ended up getting an A 11 out of twelve times doing this. It's hard to tell if I like surprises in a social environment because I don't have much of a social life, This being by choice I'm not really the friend seeking type. In school I like surprises quizzes tho, It in a way gauges how much I know about that class. This is where I get confused about INTJ or INTP, All this sounds like a high J preference but I can relate a lot more to the INTP type descriptions.

JCF: This is where it get's a little more confusing, If I had to pick what fits the best it would be Introverted Thinking then Introverted iNtuiting after Introverted Sensing then finally Extroverted Feeling. So this is where I get stuck. I can relate more to the INTP description and the functions line up more with the a INTP.

Temperaments: Even tho they are all very far apart when it comes to JCF the ''NT's'' are really the only one I can relate to, In order it would be INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ENTJ.

Tests:

Extroversion (39%) / Introversion (54%)

Sensation (12%) / Intuition (56%)

Thinking (89%) / Feeling (16%)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (47%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (81%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (44%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (17%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (30%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (27%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (52%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - intp

INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
78 75 75 44

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
Introverted: Something that I don't have any doubts about at all, There have been about five people that I've meet so far that I can spend hours around. But when it comes to things like party's, Even spending time with two people most of the time I get ''drained'' very quickly, Most of the time it only takes ten minuets before I want to leave a two or more people group.

Intuitive: Well I'm not a ''here in now person'' in any way what so ever, If I haft to plan for something I think about every thing can go wrong. Even over small things like typing this ''Type Me'' tread, What are the reader(s) going to think about the quotation marks, Do the indicate any thing? Other threads seem a lot shorter then this one, What will that be interpreted as? I put to many commas when I write, I have dysgraphia this would be a mess without them. In other words it's not the letters that I'm thinking about at all it's what they will end up meaning and how there interpreted. I have enough thoughts going through my head at a time it can cause a headache

Thinking: Honestly I can't remember the last time I made a decision based on feeling, Of course I have feeling just don't act on them I act on what makes seance not what feels right. There are a few times where I'll be nice to the few that I really care about, For example I have a friend that keeps talking about how over weight she is.. I'll say something like ''Your not skinny, But you need to put on at least thirty more pounds to be over weight, It's a subjective thing don't let a few people convince you that your over weight.'' When I was fourteen being diagnosed as a sociopath was something that was talked about, I was open to the idea which is what I think made the physiologist and psychiatrist drop the idea, This is also what attracted me to MBTI the thinking function.

Judging/Perceiving: Well I all ways have a plan A, B, C, D more if needed, I hate being late for appointments if I'm a minute late I will notice and I won't forget that for a long time. When other people are late it's expected someone says that they want to hang out in ten minuets I expect that person to show up in about a hour, Since it's expected I doesn't bother me to much but still a annoying trait unless there is a reason. But I improvise and adapt a lot of the time, Finals come up at college and I won't study just look over my notes at the last minuet I've ended up getting an A 11 out of twelve times doing this. It's hard to tell if I like surprises in a social environment because I don't have much of a social life, This being by choice I'm not really the friend seeking type. In school I like surprises quizzes tho, It in a way gauges how much I know about that class. This is where I get confused about INTJ or INTP, All this sounds like a high J preference but I can relate a lot more to the INTP type descriptions.

JCF: This is where it get's a little more confusing, If I had to pick what fits the best it would be Introverted Thinking then Introverted iNtuiting after Introverted Sensing then finally Extroverted Feeling. So this is where I get stuck. I can relate more to the INTP description and the functions line up more with the a INTP.

Temperaments: Even tho they are all very far apart when it comes to JCF the ''NT's'' are really the only one I can relate to, In order it would be INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ENTJ.

Tests:

Extroversion (39%) / Introversion (54%)

Sensation (12%) / Intuition (56%)

Thinking (89%) / Feeling (16%)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (47%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (81%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (44%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (17%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (30%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (27%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (52%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - intp

INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
78 75 75 44

Which one seems more like your temperament?

- Above all, a reserved rationalist who wishes to express their reasonings in the realm of ideas?

or

- Above all, a reserved idealist who yearns to conventionally rationalize their ideas?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Generally, dichotomy based typing is abondon in favor of function based typing. However from the information that you did post here, I'd say your most likely type is INTP as opposed to INTJ; your mentioning of various things that could occur from making this thread seems to be Ne, and making desicions based on what makes logical sense is Ti. Now that isn't to say that I'm ruling out INTJ completely, just that INTP seems like a better fit.

Enneagram wise, 6 or 5 seems somewhat likely (at least concerning you head fix) but I would need more information before I can make an accurate assessment.

Loki Grim

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=14378]luismas[/MENTION]

I don't fully understand what the two options you listed fully mean, Would say the second one if I have the right understanding.

Enneagram wise, 6 or 5 seems somewhat likely

I don't know exactly why but I've never had much interest in the enneagram. But looking all the different types again the one that I can relate to the best would be a ''Unhealthy 5'' I don't get the feeling of abandonment often actually I tend to push people away and isolate my self. There are a few people that will show up, Maybe once every three years that I'll become really close friends with someone and match some of the things that it says about 6's like “going down with the ship” in general tho I think ''unhealthy 5'' is a closer fit. But like I said the enneagram is not something that I've invested much interest in so I probably over looked important details.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You look to be an INTP to me. My explanation will make no sense until you read about cognitive functions, but I'll give it to you anyhoo to look over once you do.

Definitely either Si-Ne (SJ) or Ne-Si (NP) from your worries about what could go wrong, but probably Ne-Si because in other respects you are quite comfortable with Ne. You say you decide on what make sense, which is a very Ti thing to say: a Te type would not willingly trust themselves to decide what made sense.

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP

I don't fully understand what the two options you listed fully mean, Would say the second one if I have the right understanding.

Above all, a reserved idealist who yearns to conventionally rationalize their ideas. This is more related to the psyche of an INTJ.

Now, which one can you relate the most with : an ivory tower academic who is very into solving all kinds of intellectual problems, however obscure they may be

or

a long-range thinker who is keen on exposing their worldview and seeking a leverage for some kind of upheaval in their community?

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP

Probably the first one, These are the phrases I can relate to.

Final questions : 1) are you very introverted / reclusive, to be the point of feeling little need to seek opportunities in order to promote your thoughts/ deeds / plans outwardly (again the keyword here is leverage) ; 2) how do you fare with plans of actions? Useful or rather useless?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
first impression is ISTJ (seeing Si)
If you are positive that you're an NT, I guess I would have to go with INTJ only because I can't seem to get rid of the J in my mind.

Loki Grim

MBTI Type
INTJ
Going near 48 hours without sleep here, But shortnsweet's comment seems easy enough to post a response to. I'll reply to the others when I get some sleep. This will sound, How ever it sounds lol..

If you are positive that you're an NT

I've actually taken the MBTI test three times in person, Should have included that just didn't think of it for some reason. First result from a psychologist was ''a rational'', Second from a work group was a ''NT'' the third test I took in person was a little different the result was ''green'' but the description they gave of that type sounded the same as a NT. I've read the four different temperaments and don't really have any doubt that NT is the one that I fit in, INT I don't really doubt it's just that the tests all ways come back as INTJ but I can relate more to INTP.

I am taking into account that every one is there own person not just four letters and all that, But the two types I'm familiar with in person are ISTJ and INFP the one's I know are all unique but they do have some big things in common and I'm nothing like the ISTJ's I've known other then the T preference showing.

I do agree that J fits me, It's just the type descriptions of INTJ and INTP and the JCF that are making me wonder.

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
I've read the four different temperaments and don't really have any doubt that NT is the one that I fit in, INT I don't really doubt it's just that the tests all ways come back as INTJ but I can relate more to INTP.

We're on to something here, aren't we!

Now, tell us the reasons why you identify more with INTP and less with the INTJ mindset?