• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

help me type this boy

A

Anew Leaf

lol I know I shouldn't be arguing. I was thinking entp estp or possibly enfp so all the istp guesses threw me off.

well, you know him better than that one paragraph which is all we have to go on. :)

i was going to guess XSTP as well.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(oh, and to answer the OP, first impression is estp)

A

Anew Leaf

oo a good way to differentiate ISTP from ESTP: if his talking versus time ratio is greater than 1 3 word sentance per 60 minutes, then he is an ESTP.

EDIT: And INTP versus ENTP: what is more important? that logic be adhered to like ants in a glue trap or the seductions of possibilities?

I dated an INTP and he asked me a question that I didn't want to answer so I told him no. INTP prodded a little bit and then left it alone and instead tried to work out the answer for himself through observation. I dated an ENTP and anytime I didn't answer something it drove him batshit insane to not have the answer, and in the process drove me batshit insane.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oo a good way to differentiate ISTP from ESTP: if his talking versus time ratio is greater than 1 3 word sentance per 60 minutes, then he is an ESTP.

EDIT: And INTP versus ENTP: what is more important? that logic be adhered to like ants in a glue trap or the seductions of possibilities?

I dated an INTP and he asked me a question that I didn't want to answer so I told him no. INTP prodded a little bit and then left it alone and instead tried to work out the answer for himself through observation. I dated an ENTP and anytime I didn't answer something it drove him batshit insane to not have the answer, and in the process drove me batshit insane.

for sure extrovert on both of those. I have to literally put my hand over his mouth to shut him up sometimes.

Flux

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so I've been dating this guy about 3 months, and I have guesses for what his type could be but I'm not 100%

- comes off as pretty sociable and charming, but calls himself shy and socially retarded
- brutally honest and has a sick sense of humor
- was a bad student and didn't finish community college but very smart and knows a lot about certain subjects (especially science and religion). loves scrabble and word games. and jeopardy.
- likes fixing stuff, has worked in lots of hands on kind of jobs.
- calls himself a hoarder, collects a lot of weird little things and has about 1000 VHS tapes
- has travelled a lot for someone his age/income
- has experimented with pretty much every drug
- will try and read a lot into the things people say, overanalyzes
- has gotten into a lot of physical fights (not so much anymore)
- likes being in charge
- pretty lazy and disorganized

Sounds a lot like me in some ways -- except for the community college thing. I'm an okay student but the freedom is so enticing. I was gonna say I'm not a hoarder but the only difference is that I have DVDs while he has VHS :doh:

A lot of the description sounds like enneagram 7 -- experimentation, jack of trades, his sense of humor.
I'm thinking ExTP leaning towards ESTP because of the fights and his interest in fixing stuff.

Also, him being blunt and calling himself socially retarded but still being charming comes off as having tertiary extraverted feeling.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
should have listened to you guys!

Ta-dah, your personality type is ISTJ!

Introverted (I) 71% Extraverted (E) 29%
Sensing (S) 59% Intuitive (N) 41%
Thinking (T) 65% Feeling (F) 35%
Judging (J) 50% Perceiving (P) 50%

definitely p over j, and n/s is close too but i was really surprised he scored so introverted.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
should have listened to you guys!

Ta-dah, your personality type is ISTJ!

Introverted (I) 71% Extraverted (E) 29%
Sensing (S) 59% Intuitive (N) 41%
Thinking (T) 65% Feeling (F) 35%
Judging (J) 50% Perceiving (P) 50%

definitely p over j, and n/s is close too but i was really surprised he scored so introverted.

Uh, you said "ISTJ" at first, then at the bottom you said "definitely p over j."

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course I looked at it. So which is it? P or J?

He tested equally P and J. The test just chose J. Chana is saying that it's definitely P over J (from her observation.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He tested equally P and J. The test just chose J. Chana is saying that it's definitely P over J (from her observation.)

I only noticed this thread tonight. I think it's funny that she said sometimes she couldn't shut him up and then people started calling him an E. But even I can ramble on verbally at times, it depends on who I'm with.

Nobody guessed J even though the penultimate description said "likes being in charge."

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only noticed this thread tonight. I think it's funny that she said sometimes she couldn't shut him up and then people started calling him an E. But even I can ramble on verbally at times, it depends on who I'm with.

Nobody guessed J even though the penultimate description said "likes being in charge."

that wasn't the only reason, he has a ton of acquaintances, is really chatty and friendly with strangers. and he didn't seem fe-inferior to me, but i guess i can see it now.

maybe "in charge" wasn't the best choice of words, he likes doing his own thing and not following orders.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that wasn't the only reason, he has a ton of acquaintances, is really chatty and friendly with strangers. and he didn't seem fe-inferior to me, but i guess i can see it now.

maybe "in charge" wasn't the best choice of words, he likes doing his own thing and not following orders.

I think I know a guy just like that, I've worked with him a few hours a week for over 5 years.

Why Fe inferior and not Ne inferior?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe he has more of a chart-the-course style than an in-charge style?

yeah that definitely sounds like him. getting to know him better he has seemed more introverted than i initially thought, i guess i just assumed he was extroverted because he's more socially skilled than i am. and thought he was intuitive because he's more interested in philisophical/intellectual subjects than i'd think an sp would be, but i can see it as ti and well developed ni too. plus he's from berkeley, that's going to make anyone seem slightly n-flavored, lol.

R

Riva

yeah that definitely sounds like him. getting to know him better he has seemed more introverted than i initially thought, i guess i just assumed he was extroverted because he's more socially skilled than i am. and thought he was intuitive because he's more interested in philisophical/intellectual subjects than i'd think an sp would be, but i can see it as ti and well developed ni too. plus he's from berkeley, that's going to make anyone seem slightly n-flavored, lol.

Well I am going with ISTP again. (Assuming I typed what I though earlier.) ISTPs are the most philosophically inclined of the SPs. I wouldn't be mistaken if I said all S types. His social skills maybe coming from his S which he seems to only reserve for his socializing moments. He probably has well developed Ni too.

Does he like sports?

He probably does and is good at them but is not very well committed to excel at any one of them. Just a feeling I have. This could happen to ISTPs with well developed Ni. They (like all ISTPs) seem to like sports and have a natural level of athleticism. But the ones with strong Ni might lose interest in sports since they take pleasure in Ni too much and not so much from Se activities. I could be wrong. I am just assuming here.

Hmmm....Maybe we should ask an ISTP. Summons [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]. Speed I have a feeling you have a tendency towards what I just explained?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah, he likes sports. he was the captain of the wrestling team in high school. he said he doesn't like playing team sports though, because he's competitive and doesn't like having to depend on other people to win. he actually does have a lot of se traits, i think i was just writing them off as being "guy things" before though.

R

Riva

Ah, I see. So I was wrong.

Anyway I hope you two enjoy each other's companies, have many adventures together and explore many naughty ideas together (on bed).

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, I see. So I was wrong.

Anyway I hope you two enjoy each other's companies, have many adventures together and explore many naughty ideas together (on bed).

i will, now that i have your blessing :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Big time Jungian analysis fail. I'm not saying it's your fault, it's Jung's.

Your description sounds exactly like an ISTJ. You assume that an interest in intellectual subjects automatically means Ti. But, if you actually talk to an ISTJ, you will find that they have a relative interest in religious and similar topics. Also, the part about seeming extraverted is an ISTJ trait that I have picked up on in the past.