• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's a "type my friend" thread! Lots of info.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's been my closest friend for a long time. I've known her since childhood, (we are even closer as adults.)

I'll start first with her knowledge of typology.
First of all, she loves personality theories and enjoys the labeling and psychoanalyzing as much as the rest of us. She's good with Galen's temperaments. (mel, phleg, san, and choleric.) She is the one and only person I told about the forum, (thought she may want to join- her sister, another good friend, is a solid ISTJ, tested, obvious, confirmed, not interested.) Anyway, she's a melancholic sanguine, (with "inherited" phlegmatic.) I would guess her a 2w1. We went into typology for a short bit and tried to test her. I showed her a bunch of descriptions of isfj and isfp for her. (and at the time descriptions of esfp for me). She didn't think they were right for her, esfp really wasn't right for me. A bunch of facebook friends took them, she agreed with a bunch, not all, definitely not the girl who tested infj (who appears to be sfj on the outside), but of course her sister is a solid stereotypical istj so we all agreed with that. And then it fizzled out. So that's the background there, here's the rest.

(I know a lot of this is not type related but I do want to give you the whole picture and I know a lot about her.)
Childhood/ teenhood: Huuuuge avid reader and music enthusiast. Used to lay for hours and hours listening to music with a book. Mostly classical, opera, and country, and soft rock. Enjoys/enjoyed fantasy books like LOTR and the Hobbit. Star wars, Matrix amongst her favorite movies. (Neither of us liked the second Matrix for whatever reason though.) They didn't watch much TV growing up except the Waltons because it was always lying around. Currently her favorite shows are Parks and Rec. and Firefly. (I think that's what the show is called, I couldn't get into it.)

Oldest of 9 siblings in a crazy, messy (mom- enfp who we refer to as "Mog", is an unhealthy enfp hoarder) , "homeschooled" (not really schooled,) traditionalist catholic yet hippy communesque house. She was always hiding in a tree or in whatever current bedroom she had which was cleaned to perfection and almost sterile. (Our favorite quote from me- "I'm always afraid to come in your room, I feel like I'm going to talk and something is going to break.")

She's an hsp, I introduced that one to her as soon as I learned it, and we both adopted it into our people-analysis conversations.

As a kid she was pretty judgmental of other religions and other people's ways in general, but grew out of it when she broke away from the house. She can still try to "help" and "motivate" people a little too intensely at times.

Had one boyfriend in her life, and at 21 or so she married him. He's a clear INTJ. They quickly had five kids. (She's 27 or 28 now, oldest child is five- we always find it funny that neither one of us can remember eachother's ages with all the other stuff we know about each other.)

She had a bunch of super-religious Catholic friends for a while, (I honestly wasn't that close to her at the time) and now she's still a very devout catholic but lost the cliquey group, (who I accused of being "too religious, wearing doily veils on their head at mass and dressing their young children in table cloth dresses") and is out of state from them now and is making a group of new (more mainstream) Catholic friends and doesn't hold those intense values anymore.

Her house is still sterile and super organized and her five children are very well behaved. In her spare time she loves her friends, she's all about other people. Having them to dinner, play dates, talking on the phone. She makes these cute little graphic videos of her kids growing up. Scrap booking. She wants to go into healthcare/ probably nursing someday. Physically fit. Still a huge avid reader and music enthusiast. Huge human-nature/ psychology enthusiast. House is full of tech-gadgets from her husband's job which she loves. Definite nature lover, likes the country and water and hiking and biking. Kind of anti- city/ pollution/ chaos /noise. Loves gardening, grows her own vegetables. Strummin' on the guitar occasionally, but never really learned- would like to learn the violin. Very frugal with money. (Better than me, but we- me, her, and the ISTJ agree that we're all good with money because we were so very poor growing up.) Much more laid back than as a kid (probably since she's separated from all the intense religion). Poetry and short story writer. Avid Blogger Extraordinaire. Plain comfortable style and easy hairdo with no makeup. "No frills" if you will.

We have a lot of inside jokes/ words we made up to describe things. Our biggest longest running inside joke right now is about needy friends, so we leave needy messages on eachother's answering machines about our "cats with diabetes" named "eenie, meenie, meiny, and meow", chocolate, "you must be hanging out with your other BFF's and ignoring me", weight watchers, etc.

Oh, and regarding the poor education, she is very smart, I would say the smartest in her family, (perhaps equally matched by her 19 year old sister), and again, loves to read and is a perfectionist, so. She ended up getting her GED- (teacher amazed that she'd never been in school since she's so interested in everything you give to her and she did really well.)

I still have my money on ISFJ, maybe ISFP, third- xnfj. But maybe the descriptions just aren't good enough. I feel like she'd be a major good addition to this forum (amongst all her other hobbies :laugh:) if I could just get her typed and interested.

Edit: Love languages in (tentative) order- words, acts, quality time, touch, gifts.

A

Anew Leaf

She's been my closest friend for a long time. I've known her since childhood, (we are even closer as adults.)

I'll start first with her knowledge of typology.
First of all, she loves personality theories and enjoys the labeling and psychoanalyzing as much as the rest of us. She's good with Galen's temperaments. (mel, phleg, san, and choleric.) She is the one and only person I told about the forum, (thought she may want to join- her sister, another good friend, is a solid ISTJ, tested, obvious, confirmed, not interested.) Anyway, she's a melancholic sanguine, (with "inherited" phlegmatic.) I would guess her a 2w1. We went into typology for a short bit and tried to test her. I showed her a bunch of descriptions of isfj and isfp for her. (and at the time descriptions of esfp for me). She didn't think they were right for her, esfp really wasn't right for me. A bunch of facebook friends took them, she agreed with a bunch, not all, definitely not the girl who tested infj (who appears to be sfj on the outside), but of course her sister is a solid stereotypical istj so we all agreed with that. And then it fizzled out. So that's the background there, here's the rest.

(I know a lot of this is not type related but I do want to give you the whole picture and I know a lot about her.)
Childhood/ teenhood: Huuuuge avid reader and music enthusiast. Used to lay for hours and hours listening to music with a book. Mostly classical, opera, and country, and soft rock. Enjoys/enjoyed fantasy books like LOTR and the Hobbit.

Oldest of 9 siblings in a crazy, messy (mom- enfp who we refer to as "Mog", is an unhealthy enfp hoarder) , "homeschooled" (not really schooled,) traditionalist catholic yet hippy communesque house. She was always hiding in a tree or in whatever current bedroom she had which was cleaned to perfection and almost sterile. (Our favorite quote from me- "I'm always afraid to come in your room, I feel like I'm going to talk and something is going to break.")

She's an hsp, I introduced that one to her as soon as I learned it, and we both adopted it into our people-analysis conversations.

As a kid she was pretty judgmental of other religions and other people's ways in general, but grew out of it when she broke away from the house. She can still try to "help" and "motivate" people a little too intensely at times.

Had one boyfriend in her life, and at 21 or so she married him. He's a clear INTJ. They quickly had five kids. (She's 27 or 28 now, oldest child is five- we always find it funny that neither one of us can remember eachother's ages with all the other stuff we know about each other.)

She had a bunch of super-religious Catholic friends for a while, (I honestly wasn't that close to her at the time) and now she's still a very devout catholic but lost the cliquey group, (who I accused of being "too religious, wearing doily veils on their head at mass and dressing their young children in table cloth dresses") and is out of state from them now and is making a group of new (more mainstream) Catholic friends and doesn't hold those intense values anymore.

Her house is still sterile and super organized and her five children are very well behaved. In her spare time she loves her friends, she's all about other people. Having them to dinner, play dates, talking on the phone. She makes these cute little graphic videos of her kids growing up. Scrap booking. She wants to go into healthcare/ probably nursing someday. Physically fit. Still a huge avid reader and music enthusiast. Huge human-nature/ psychology enthusiast. House is full of tech-gadgets from her husband's job which she loves. Definite nature lover, likes the country and water and hiking and biking. Kind of anti- city/ pollution/ chaos /noise. Loves gardening, grows her own vegetables. Strummin' on the guitar occasionally, but never really learned- would like to learn the violin. Very frugal with money. (Better than me, but we- me, her, and the ISTJ agree that we're all good with money because we were so very poor growing up.) Much more laid back than as a kid (probably since she's separated from all the intense religion). Poetry and short story writer. Avid Blogger Extraordinaire. Plain comfortable style and easy hairdo with no makeup. "No frills" if you will.

We have a lot of inside jokes/ words we made up to describe things. Our biggest longest running inside joke right now is about needy friends, so we leave needy messages on eachother's answering machines about our "cats with diabetes" named "eenie, meenie, meiny, and meow", chocolate, "you must be hanging out with your other BFF's and ignoring me", weight watchers, etc.

Oh, and regarding the poor education, she is very smart, I would say the smartest in her family, (perhaps equally matched by her 19 year old sister), and again, loves to read and is a perfectionist, so. She ended up getting her GED- (teacher amazed that she'd never been in school since she's so interested in everything you give to her and she did really well.)

I still have my money on ISFJ, maybe ISFP, third- xnfj. But maybe the descriptions just aren't good enough. I feel like she'd be a major good addition to this forum (amongst all her other hobbies :laugh:) if I could just get her typed and interested.

Edit: Love languages in (tentative) order- words, acts, quality time, touch, gifts.

I could see INFJ from this description or ISFJ. Leaning more towards INFJ because she reminds me of one of my INFJ friends. :0

I laughed at how you guys leave needy messages for each other. My INTJ girlfriend and I used to do similar things because we found it so annoying when people would do that kind of stuff. We'd also do this fake cry, big hugs kind of crap when we parted too. :laugh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could see INFJ from this description or ISFJ. Leaning more towards INFJ because she reminds me of one of my INFJ friends. :0

I laughed at how you guys leave needy messages for each other. My INTJ girlfriend and I used to do similar things because we found it so annoying when people would do that kind of stuff. We'd also do this fake cry, big hugs kind of crap when we parted too. :laugh:

Ahahahahaha. The needy friend joke goes on and on for years. Sometimes, (unfortunately), they stem from things our friends said to us. Other times they are made up. I should post some of the xtranormal videos we made for each other, actually- one I wrote a while back has soft music in the background *I was thinking about, life, friend.* blah blah blah. (ends with) *Thank you for giving me the only good day I ever had*

(Oh, and thanks for the input- I am always skeptical of putting that elusive INFJ label on folks).

A

Anew Leaf

Ahahahahaha. The needy friend joke goes on and on for years. Sometimes, (unfortunately), they stem from things our friends said to us. Other times they are made up. I should post some of the xtranormal videos we made for each other, actually- one I wrote a while back has soft music in the background *I was thinking about, life, friend.* blah blah blah. (ends with) *Thank you for giving me the only good day I ever had*

hahahaahahha! oh that is amazing emoness. you need to add her to the forum Ay Sap.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
okay, so what does everyone else think? I'm really curious.

Jung

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
IxFJ. It's kind of hard to tell N or S. I could see ESFJ as well. What is her relationship with her husband like? Is she clearly an introvert?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IxFJ. It's kind of hard to tell N or S. I could see ESFJ as well. What is her relationship with her husband like? Is she clearly an introvert?

I just don't see esfj, she's not active/ present moment enough for it or something. With her husband, there is a lot of love but not as much affection. She lets him have plenty of free time to do whatever he wants. I think I lean towards introvert too because while she enjoys external interaction and social relationships quite a bit, she's still a melancholic first. She always was one for a couple of deep personal friendships- doesn't understand people who are very flighty social butterflies. Would rather have long one on one conversations. I think she considers herself an introvert on the whole, but admittedly a pretty social one.

Jung

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Alright, I would say INFJ too. What is her writing like?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found an old funny ugly shoe blog she sent to my email a year or so ago, (I haven't read her blog in a while and have to sign in to look at it, so I just picked this one. Names changed to protect the innocent). The ISTJ sister was getting married.

Hello all!
I just wanted to drop in and say "Hi!" forgive me as I drag you through my thoughts. You who innocently logged onto (blog site) either because
A. You had nothing better to do.
B. Are procrastinating what you should be doing.
Or
C. You are some sort of super perfect human being, who accomplished all of your goals for the day, and are completely justified in sitting down at the computer to waste X amount of hours browsing the web just to see what the latest scoops, diggs and happenings have been. *inhale*

As I sit here to ponder whether or not I'm an, "all of the above" person or a "none of the above" person. I'm reminded of my original thought train. Weddings. YesWeddings. With all of the weddings that have been going on over the years, I'm pretty sure we all have a pretty healthy understanding of how incredibly stressful they can be and how it never feel like you have enough time to get everything done.
So as I sit here thinking these things, my mind lands on my sister who is single handedly planning a wedding with the skill and organization of a professional wedding planner. I decided I should be more helpful to my sister. As I was browsing online I figured she might need some help in the shoe department. Zappos.com is a reliable place and I know that my sister likes reliable. (Thus the name of her soon to be husband. R-J aka Reliable John).
In next to no time at all I came across these amazing wedding shoes!

(Here she purposely posts really gaudy, hilarious looking ugly shoes)

Look how the white will match her dress! And how it has just a touch of red to match all of our bridal dresses. I know my sister will be pleased with my thoughtfulness.

Let's not forget us bridesmaids!

(Plastic gold high heels with big plastic red hearts on the toes)

We can wear these little cuties!
Again the red goes with our dresses and the gold is because we are so golden in the heart of Rachel.
As I was reading the product description I became elated as I read,
"the extra inch on the heel adds to the convenience of getting in and out of a large sprinter." Bingo! "also perfect for hitch hiking should your vehicle need an oil change on the way."
"non refundable" But that part was irrelevant because I know I'll use these shoes for all sorts of future occasions.

I didn't want to forget Jane. She as the Maid of Honor will need something a little different in order to stand out.

(more ugly shoes)

I chose these because they are so feminine and Jane is such an example of femininity. But then I realized they wouldn't go with her dress so decided on these next shoes instead.

(More ugly shoes, these are all pretty much the same pair in different colors)

Much Better! These will stand out! and they have just the splash of red needed to match our burgundy dresses.The best part is these shoes are all on sale for (this is the actual truth) 119.00!
So with a bargain like that I know Rachel will be happy and I'm happy to know I took one more thing off her to do list.
:)
Happy Wedding Planning Rachel!
Hariette out~

(PS here is a collection of shoes in case you guests are looking for something to wear, Happy browsing!)

(More ugly shoes)

Edit: Kind of sarcastic/ funny- could appear to go with any SF type really it's all I can find - her writing is usually light and humorous overall.

Jung

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't see the sarcasm really being an SF quality per se. But her humor definitely seems more S oriented. ISFJ does seem most likely. And I get the sense from you that she comes across as an S foremost. Is that right?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see the sarcasm really being an SF quality per se. But her humor definitely seems more S oriented. ISFJ does seem most likely. And I get the sense from you that she comes across as an S foremost. Is that right?

Um... I can't tell fully. Yeah, I agree that sarcasm isn't necessarily an SF quality, this blog entry overall has an SF quality. I do see Si very well in her,probably first, but I can't really compare her to most ISFJ's that I that I have known either. I suppose with the family she grew up in, "upholding traditions" can take on some interesting meanings. She's like a morph of ISFx's and INFJ's. Lots of SFP siblings (four of nine are sfp, and dad is isfp) , perhaps they rubbed off on her a lot and gave her some Fi and Ni.

Jung

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Alright, the way she maintains order strictly and has the picture perfect nuclear family just seems overwhelmingly Si. And given your impressions, I feel confident saying ISFJ.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LMAO! I finally got this to work on my computer, hahahahahah

Oh, that is brilliant!

It's a classic. I just posted it on her facebook to remind her about it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your friend is clearly an INFJ. And thanks for the OP, as I was just looking for an opportunity to start practicing original non-JCF MBTI.

"She was always hiding in a tree or in whatever current bedroom she had which was cleaned to perfection and almost sterile." Judicious.

"She's an hsp, I introduced that one to her as soon as I learned it, and we both adopted it into our people-analysis conversations." INFJs are highly sensitive people. See this thread http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/15295-any-other-infjs-highly-sensitive-people.html

'As a kid she was pretty judgmental of other religions and other people's ways in general, but grew out of it when she broke away from the house. She can still try to "help" and "motivate" people a little too intensely at times.' J, obviously. Also, the INFJ wants to be of service to others, thus the need to "help" and "motivate" them.

'She had a bunch of super-religious Catholic friends for a while, (I honestly wasn't that close to her at the time) and now she's still a very devout catholic but lost the cliquey group, (who I accused of being "too religious, wearing doily veils on their head at mass and dressing their young children in table cloth dresses") and is out of state from them now and is making a group of new (more mainstream) Catholic friends and doesn't hold those intense values anymore.'

Intensity of value-system indicates an introverted attitude toward intuition and an extraverted attitude toward feeling. (There's a little function analysis anyway.)

Paragraph 9 (the longest one) indicates that your friend is the ANSIR Healer type. (Loves gardening and probably keeps a private journal or diary that you may not be aware of).

I did not understand this: "Edit: Love languages in (tentative) order- words, acts, quality time, touch, gifts."

"Mostly classical, opera, and country, and soft rock. Enjoys/enjoyed fantasy books like LOTR and the Hobbit. Star wars, Matrix amongst her favorite movies." Those appear to be iNtuitive likes.

I don't see why she has to know her type before joining this forum. Is that in the FAQ?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'As I sit here to ponder whether or not I'm an, "all of the above" person or a "none of the above" person. I'm reminded of my original thought train. Weddings.'

It is difficult to imagine anything but an iNtuitive writing something like the above, but I suppose it is possible...

The entire blog entry practically screams imagination and "possibilities."