• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's a "type my friend" thread! Lots of info.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And why, pray tell, should I be different from most everybody else? Tell me. Please.

Why do you believe you are like most everyone else? I don't see anyone else here saying they know for a fact what type the OP is describing. Creating an argument is one thing; claiming to know for a fact is another.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you believe you are like most everyone else? I don't see anyone else here saying they know for a fact what type the OP is describing. Creating an argument is one thing; claiming to know for a fact is another.

I haven't used the word "fact" in this thread, but I will state a FACT right now. You are purposefully trying to tear down my character. And in FACT, if you look around at my other posts, you will see me using a lot of words such as "looks like" and "evidence."

Now why don't you scamper off and play somewhere else?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just wow again...

wow what? If I'm not sure whether they are N or S, I lean towards S. Also, for the record, I didn't say that the OP was "good enough" to type her, nothing is going to be "good enough" fully, I can't give you all the knowledge I have. I said that the OP had more weight in it than the blog post.

I think you're being a little too defensive, actually. Since it is clear to me that I will know more than anyone in this thread, it will be difficult for any one person to convince me one way or the other. Will request that the mods move all the petty fighting.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't used the word "fact" in this thread, but I will state a FACT right now. You are purposefully trying to tear down my character. And in FACT, if you look around at my other posts, you will see me using a lot of words such as "looks like" and "evidence."

Now why don't you scamper off and play somewhere else?

Dream the hell on. Now I know why you irritate the hell out of other people.

"Your friend is clearly an INFJ" right off the top, and after this I wrote INFJ and iNtuitive a few times when commenting on parts of the OP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow what? If I'm not sure whether they are N or S, I lean towards S. Also, for the record, I didn't say that the OP was "good enough" to type her, nothing is going to be "good enough" fully, I can't give you all the knowledge I have. I said that the OP had more weight in it than the blog post.

I think you're being a little too defensive, actually. Since it is clear to me that I will know more than anyone in this thread, it will be difficult for any one person to convince me one way or the other. Will request that the mods move all the petty fighting.

Yes, move the petty fighting that I don't want to get involved in every time somebody wants to try the ad hominem approach with me. It doesn't work, people. You only mess up threads that way.

If you know your friend so well then you should have posted some Sensor elements to her personality. But you have done little if any of this. Somebody mentioned her church - as if only Sensors (or as they say nowadays, the Si-doms) go to church.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Your friend is clearly an INFJ" right off the top, and after this I wrote INFJ and iNtuitive a few times when commenting on parts of the OP."

That's right, now show me some EVIDENCE of Sensing traits instead of always hammering on my character like a broken record.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, move the petty fighting that I don't want to get involved in every time somebody wants to try the ad hominem approach with me. It doesn't work, people. You only mess up threads that way.

With the bullshit you pull, don't even think about convicting anyone else of anything. What a crock.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If you know your friend so well then you should have posted some Sensor elements to her personality. But you have done little if any of this. Somebody mentioned her church - as if only Sensors (or as they say nowadays, the Si-doms) go to church.

All I'm saying is that you can type her intuitive, but no one is having "knee jerk skepticism", it's just no one is running straight to your judgment, (or anyone elses.) I'm not agreeing "just because you said so." You can have your opinion and it's taken into consideration, but the pushing and pushing your opinion that is already clear and insisting that people are just having knee jerk skepticism if they don't 100% agree is just destroying any discussion.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Your friend is clearly an INFJ" right off the top, and after this I wrote INFJ and iNtuitive a few times when commenting on parts of the OP."

That's right, now show me some EVIDENCE of Sensing traits instead of always hammering on my character like a broken record.

I'm not trying to change your opinion towards sensing........ you said INFJ and that was fine, and not everyone agreed with you. And that was fine, too. Hell, I'm not even in full disagreement. I just want other people to be able to talk without getting bulldozed. Your part is done in this thread.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I'm saying is that you can type her intuitive, but no one is having "knee jerk skepticism", it's just no one is running straight to your judgment, (or anyone elses.) I'm not agreeing "just because you said so." You can have your opinion and it's taken into consideration, but the pushing and pushing your opinion that is already clear and insisting that people are just having knee jerk skepticism if they don't 100% agree is just destroying any discussion.

Don't agree - but present evidence. The kind of evidence that says going to church is an Si-dom trait is simply not applicable to actual church membership which consists of all kinds of types.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not being accusatory, but this was interesting: "just because I don't want to get into the S/N literal/not literal crap." I'm afraid it is here that we part intellectual company, unless you don't really mean to say that the traditional S/N distinction, according to all the texts, is crap. But if you do really mean it and if it's truly crap, then I should just go ahead and throw away all my MBTI books and start over again.

redacted

The kind of evidence that says going to church is an Si-dom trait is simply not applicable to actual church membership which consists of all kinds of types.

Strawman...

Did anyone actually say that?

I think most people just haven't seen enough data that would clearly differentiate between N and S. That's why everyone is skeptical -- there isn't enough data.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Strawman...

I think most people just haven't seen enough data that would clearly differentiate between N and S. That's why everyone is skeptical -- there isn't enough data.

Toward the top of the thread someone referenced the church-going activities. I came along after that post. In that one, I gave a detailed response which Shortn agreed with up to one point. Some of my response contained my observations about Intuition. The only point she disagreed with regarded HSN. But you know I don't consider HSN alone, that would be intellectual suicide.

redacted

Toward the top of the thread someone referenced the church-going activities. I came along after that post. In that one, I gave a detailed response which Shortn agreed with up to one point. Some of my response contained my observations about Intuition. The only point she disagreed with regarded HSN. But you know I don't consider HSN alone, that would be intellectual suicide.

I just reread the thread any couldn't find anyone using going to church as evidence of either S or N. Did I miss it?

Sorry, other people, for perpetuating this argument.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Strawman...

Yeah... well, it's not that there's not enough data. It's that there's not enough data to convince people one way or the other, which is my general problem with typing her. I could give little pieces here and there but all I would be doing is swaying people whatever way I choose since I already know enough about typology to know exactly how they are going to respond to the small pieces of data. We would be swinging back and forth forever. Basically, I'm the only one in this thread who could figure out her internal motivations over just her speech and behaviors. It's like while I know her internal motivations and thoughts a lot of the time, I'm still a little bit on the line. Something just keeps landing me on ISFJ, but it's difficult to fully support it with evidence, and it's also difficult to fully support Ni as well. So if I keep talking, I'm going to leave people on the line just as much as I am.

If I say something like, "well I think she is more of a traditionalist" or "more of a catalyst for change" etc., I know exactly how people are going to respond. So it's just silly. While I agree with lots of what has been said so far, I'm still the one who will always know the most and sometimes not even be able to say what I realize.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just reread the thread any couldn't find anyone using going to church as evidence of either S or N. Did I miss it?

Sorry, other people, for perpetuating this argument.

I searched and the reference is gone. No matter, I don't need any kind of negative indirect evidence against Sensing when the Intuition is plain as day.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree about internal motivations. Dressing in Catholic fashion can be just for show - or it can be for fun. Or a host of other reasons. Since I can't read her mind, I prefer to consider her hippiesque domicile as people really tend to express their true selves through their homes.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ yeah basically.

i think a good way of differentiating between Ni and Si users is to consider their general focus. the more Ni someone has, the more they tend to do that thousand-yard stare and zoning out to think outside time thing. whereas the more Si someone has, the more they tend to be present-engaged and have excellent short-term situational awareness.