• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you think I am?

What type am I?

• Total voters

Silveresque

This is hard. :( I can't figure out my type because I can't figure out my functions (I seem to prefer all the introverted ones), and none of the type descriptions fit me very well. The ISFP descriptions seem to fit me slightly better than the INFP ones, though it depends on which ones I look at.

I took 9 different tests yesterday and got these results:
ISFP
ISTP
ISTx
ISxx
ISFP
INTP
ISTJ
IxFx
INTP

Though I used to always get INFP or INTP every time. I guess it's because I've realized I'm not really as possibility-oriented as I used to think.

Anyways, here's some information about me:

-I consider myself more abstract than concrete and relate more to most descriptions of intuition than sensing
-I'm usually very oblivious to my surroundings because I'm always daydreaming, which can make me clumsy at times :p
-I'm not at all athletic and don't seem to have one ounce of Se in me
-I don't really relate to what I've read about Ne either; I like to go deep with ideas, not wide
-I don't have any strong personal convictions
-I would never try to force my beliefs or opinion on anyone else
-I'm usually not very aware of other people and what they might be thinking or feeling
-I am extremely introverted, so even if I had Fe, I probably wouldn't be able to tell :p
-I'm generally very open-minded and receptive
-I procrastinate often, though I always get things done on time
-I don't like to make detailed plans well in advance; I prefer to figure out a general time to do something closer to the deadline
-I'm very indecisive and self-doubting, though I don't mind making decisions (it's just that I usually don't have a preference)
-I'd say I probably feel more comfortable after I've made a decision
-I don't mind doing things I've already done before, so I can end up falling into routine or spending hours everyday doing the same thing (Si?)
-I almost always make decisions with my head (unless that decision involves procrastinating because I don't feel like doing my homework at the moment :p)
-I'm good at analyzing things, though I don't analyze EVERY single thing, only things that are important to me (like my type)
-I'm very agreeable and I'm careful not to offend or upset anyone
-I am absolutely terrible at remembering names and faces and details of people's lives
-I'm pretty much a loner because I don't like socializing and find it boring and pointless, since people only seem to talk about superficial things
-I usually use more smileys than this :banana:
-I think bananas are delicious, by the way
-Especially in the form of banana cream pie :D
-Oh, and don't make assumptions based on my function order in my signature, because it may not be accurate

And here's another thing. I'm questioning whether I'm really a Fi user because when I read things like "Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system", that really doesn't sound like me. I wonder if I even have a value system. I mean, there are things I like and things I dislike, and things I wouldn't do because it would be mean or immoral, but is that really a "value system"? And the way they describe it, it sounds like Fi-doms are constantly evaluating the worth of things and comparing to their personal values, which I really can't relate to. Or at least if I do do that, it's not a conscious process.

Nakawaka

MBTI Type
free
I'm going to shoot for XTP based on the manner you analyse and question things, and based on your sheer randomness towards the end.

If not, shoot me for being another statistic of your long-cat poll : P

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Could you please explain your understanding of Se?

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Also, if I may ask, what does being (extremely) introverted have to do with recognising Fe?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I haven't voted, because I'm not sure. From your posts that I've read you seem like an ISFP or INFP, though.

Ok, a few more questions:

1. What do you find yourself thinking about most of the time?
2. Have you ever considered yourself a thinker (as opposed to a feeler)? Why and why not?
3. How certain are you about your Enneagram type? What about your instinctual variants?
4. What are some of the things that you like about being you? What about the things you don't like?
5. Do you get angry? What happened the last time you got angry?

:blush:

Silveresque

Could you please explain your understanding of Se?

In my understanding, Se is about living and acting in the moment and being in touch with your surroundings and your senses. I'm not really living in the present, or the past or future for that matter. I'm sort of temporally removed, thinking and daydreaming about various things. I'm also pretty oblivious to my surroundings and what's going on around me, and I don't like any kind of activities involving a lot of physical activity.

I've also read that Se, as opposed to Si, has more of a wide focus when observing and taking in visual input. Se wants to see everything that's there, whereas Si wants to focus in on certain things, I guess?

Also, if I may ask, what does being (extremely) introverted have to do with recognising Fe?

Well, I'm kind of a recluse, so I don't socialize much. I'm not sure how you can recognize Fe without being around other people. And when I am around other people, I'm really disengaged and not focused on what others might be feeling, but I think that could be caused by extreme introversion (and lack of social experience) rather than a lack of Fe. Now, I can use Fe, and can even use it reasonably well, but I have to try really hard because it's not natural to me. I have to force myself to be more extraverted.

Silveresque

I haven't voted, because I'm not sure. From your posts that I've read you seem like an ISFP or INFP, though.

Ok, a few more questions:

Lately I think about my current emotional state and situation, TC, trying to figure out my mbti type, wondering if I could really be a 5 instead of a 9, deciding whether enchiladas are really worth waiting in a really long line for, looking at the clock and thinking "kill me now" because class seems never-ending, thinking about how it's really cold outside and I should have worn something warmer, etc.

2. Have you ever considered yourself a thinker (as opposed to a feeler)? Why and why not?

I used to be typed as INTP for about a month. I couldn't decide whether I used Ti or Fi more, but then I decided that I seem to use Te more than Ti, which had me leaning toward INFP with Fi and Te. But I'm strongly considering again that I might be a T type because I don't feel particularly Fi right now.

3. How certain are you about your Enneagram type? What about your instinctual variants?

I'd say I'm about 70% sure about my enneatype. It's possible I could be a 5. I'm positive about my instinctual variant though. I don't relate at all to So, but Sp/So is really the only possible one for me since it turns out I'm asexual. :p

4. What are some of the things that you like about being you? What about the things you don't like?

I like that I'm open-minded and easy to get along with. I don't like that I'm extremely introverted and a loner/recluse, I'm selfish, lazy, boring, and not particularly intellectual. :(

Usually I rarely get angry. Lately I feel angry more often, but never show it.

Silveresque

I should also mention that I looked at descriptions of INFP, ISFP, and INTP and did the bolding and crossing out thing. For INFP, a lot more was crossed out than bolded. For ISFP it was about half and half, and for INTP a lot was bolded and I only crossed out a small amount. So it seems the INTP description fits me best, though I only looked at one set of descriptions, so that may not be enough to decide based on.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think your original post sounds pretty 9-ish -- the routine thing might not be Si, but a 9's "comfort zone"? My boyfriend is an INFP 9w1, and he pretty much does the same things every day.

Lately I think about my current emotional state and situation, TC, trying to figure out my mbti type, wondering if I could really be a 5 instead of a 9, deciding whether enchiladas are really worth waiting in a really long line for, looking at the clock and thinking "kill me now" because class seems never-ending, thinking about how it's really cold outside and I should have worn something warmer, etc.
I don't think a thinker would ever be thinking about that (and putting it first) -- F
The rest is interesting, as you seem to be concerned with both identity and real-world stuff -- perhaps N but not so strong?

I used to be typed as INTP for about a month. I couldn't decide whether I used Ti or Fi more, but then I decided that I seem to use Te more than Ti, which had me leaning toward INFP with Fi and Te. But I'm strongly considering again that I might be a T type because I don't feel particularly Fi right now.
I don't think it's a good idea to start with the functions, because they can be quite confusing, and the descriptions available on the internet aren't always the best ones. Why do you think you use Te?

I'd say I'm about 70% sure about my enneatype. It's possible I could be a 5. I'm positive about my instinctual variant though. I don't relate at all to So, but Sp/So is really the only possible one for me since it turns out I'm asexual. :p
What do you mean by 'asexual'? Does that mean you don't feel attraction towards anybody?
You sound like a 9 though, especially with all the uncertainty about what type you are. :)

I like that I'm open-minded and easy to get along with. I don't like that I'm extremely introverted and a loner/recluse, I'm selfish, lazy, boring, and not particularly intellectual. :(
9. You sound like my ISFP friend :)

Usually I rarely get angry. Lately I feel angry more often, but never show it.
Well, could be anything...

I still feel that you seem too gentle-spirited to be a thinker, so I still think either ISFP or INFP. Would you mind sharing what parts you agree or don't agree with about the INFP, ISFP and INTP descriptions? Just cut and paste the whole thing and cross out the parts you don't agree with.

Sorry -- I'm not great at typing people so I'm probably not really helping here :blush:

Silveresque

I think your original post sounds pretty 9-ish -- the routine thing might not be Si, but a 9's "comfort zone"? My boyfriend is an INFP 9w1, and he pretty much does the same things every day.

INFP's have Si. I think I could have Si, though probably not as a dominant function because there's still a lot about Si that doesn't fit me.

Si
- Comfortable doing the same things over an over again
- (Fi-Si loop) Recall stupid things I did in the past and feel like an idiot :doh: :cry:
- Enjoy watching movies I've already seen before, sometimes more than watching new movies

Si that doesn't fit me
- Tradition & history
- Mementos, photo albums, collections for memory
- Good memory for detail
- (Fi-Si) Analyze past experience to figure out what made me feel a certain way
- Look at past experience to find solutions

I don't think a thinker would ever be thinking about that (and putting it first) -- F
The rest is interesting, as you seem to be concerned with both identity and real-world stuff -- perhaps N but not so strong?

I don't think that's true that a thinker wouldn't ever be thinking about feelings. The T/F dichotomy isn't one or the other, it's a continuum, and I'm probably somewhere in the middle. Anyways, the main reason I spend so much time thinking about my feelings is that I've been slightly depressed lately...

I don't think it's a good idea to start with the functions, because they can be quite confusing, and the descriptions available on the internet aren't always the best ones. Why do you think you use Te?

Mostly because of the Ti and Te thread I started a while back. I seemed to side more with the Te perspective. Also, [MENTION=14208]Vizzy[/MENTION] sees Te in me. :blush:

What do you mean by 'asexual'? Does that mean you don't feel attraction towards anybody?
You sound like a 9 though, especially with all the uncertainty about what type you are. :)

Specifically, I'm a heteroromantic asexual, meaning that I want a relationship but don't experience sexual attraction. I can be aesthetically attracted, just not sexually.

I still feel that you seem too gentle-spirited to be a thinker, so I still think either ISFP or INFP. Would you mind sharing what parts you agree or don't agree with about the INFP, ISFP and INTP descriptions? Just cut and paste the whole thing and cross out the parts you don't agree with.

Sorry -- I'm not great at typing people so I'm probably not really helping here :blush:

Sure, just give me a bit to do all the bolding and crossing out. And don't worry about it, I appreciate your help! :)

Silveresque

Here's the first one:

Portrait of an INFP - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
(Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Intuition)

As an INFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves.

INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life. The goal at the end of the path is always the same - the INFP is driven to help people and make the world a better place.

Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well.

INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations. On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators, and are typically good at solving other people's conflicts, because they intuitively understand people's perspectives and feelings, and genuinely want to help them.

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet.

INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.

INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit. INFPs may have problems working on a project in a group, because their standards are likely to be higher than other members' of the group. In group situations, they may have a "control" problem. The INFP needs to work on balancing their high ideals with the requirements of every day living. Without resolving this conflict, they will never be happy with themselves, and they may become confused and paralyzed about what to do with their lives.

INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic.

INFPs who function in their well-developed sides can accomplish great and wonderful things, which they will rarely give themselves credit for. Some of the great, humanistic catalysts in the world have been INFPs.

Silveresque

And the next:

Portrait of an ISFP - Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
(Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Sensing)

As an ISFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five sense in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISFPs live in the world of sensation possibilities. They are keenly in tune with the way things look, taste, sound, feel and smell. They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses. They have a strong set of values, which they strive to consistently meet in their lives. They need to feel as if they're living their lives in accordance with what they feel is right, and will rebel against anything which conflicts with that goal. They're likely to choose jobs and careers which allow them the freedom of working towards the realization of their value-oriented personal goals.

ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.

ISFPs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand the ISFP, and who support the ISFP in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.

ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers", and are usually uncomfortable with theorizing concepts and ideas, unless they see a practical application. They learn best in a "hands-on" environment, and consequently may become easily bored with the traditional teaching methods, which emphasize abstract thinking. They do not like impersonal analysis, and are uncomfortable with the idea of making decisions based strictly on logic. Their strong value systems demand that decisions are evaluated against their subjective beliefs, rather than against some objective rules or laws.

ISFPs are extremely perceptive and aware of others. They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. They are usually penetratingly accurate in their perceptions of others.

ISFPs are warm and sympathetic. They genuinely care about people, and are strongly service-oriented in their desire to please. They have an unusually deep well of caring for those who are close to them, and are likely to show their love through actions, rather than words.

ISFPs have no desire to lead or control others, just as they have no desire to be led or controlled by others. They need space and time alone to evaluate the circumstances of their life against their value system, and are likely to respect other people's needs for the same.

The ISFP is likely to not give themself enough credit for the things which they do extremely well. Their strong value systems can lead them to be intensely perfectionist, and cause them to judge themselves with unneccesary harshness.

The ISFP has many special gifts for the world, especially in the areas of creating artistic sensation, and selflessly serving others. Life is not likely to be extremely easy for the ISFP, because they take life so seriously, but they have the tools to make their lives and the lives of those close to them richly rewarding experiences.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
INTPs hate repeating themselves (and listening to others repeat themselves). I think we can rule that one out.

Silveresque

Here's INTP:

Portrait of an INTP - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
(Introverted Thinking with Extraverted Intuition)

As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions. They typically are so strongly driven to turn problems into logical explanations, that they live much of their lives within their own heads, and may not place as much importance or value on the external world. Their natural drive to turn theories into concrete understanding may turn into a feeling of personal responsibility to solve theoretical problems, and help society move towards a higher understanding.

INTPs value knowledge above all else. Their minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories. They approach problems and theories with enthusiasm and skepticism, ignoring existing rules and opinions and defining their own approach to the resolution. They seek patterns and logical explanations for anything that interests them. They're usually extremely bright, and able to be objectively critical in their analysis. They love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. They love to discuss these concepts with others. They may seem "dreamy" and distant to others, because they spend a lot of time inside their minds musing over theories. They hate to work on routine things - they would much prefer to build complex theoretical solutions, and leave the implementation of the system to others. They are intensely interested in theory, and will put forth tremendous amounts of time and energy into finding a solution to a problem with has piqued their interest.

INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.

The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.

The INTP may have a problem with self-aggrandizement and social rebellion, which will interfere with their creative potential. Since their Feeling side is their least developed trait, the INTP may have difficulty giving the warmth and support that is sometimes necessary in intimate relationships. If the INTP doesn't realize the value of attending to other people's feelings, he or she may become overly critical and sarcastic with others. If the INTP is not able to find a place for themself which supports the use of their strongest abilities, they may become generally negative and cynical. If the INTP has not developed their Sensing side sufficiently, they may become unaware of their environment, and exhibit weakness in performing maintenance-type tasks, such as bill-paying and dressing appropriately.

For the INTP, it is extremely important that ideas and facts are expressed correctly and succinctly. They are likely to express themselves in what they believe to be absolute truths. Sometimes, their well thought-out understanding of an idea is not easily understandable by others, but the INTP is not naturally likely to tailor the truth so as to explain it in an understandable way to others. The INTP may be prone to abandoning a project once they have figured it out, moving on to the next thing. It's important that the INTP place importance on expressing their developed theories in understandable ways. In the end, an amazing discovery means nothing if you are the only person who understands it.

The INTP is usually very independent, unconventional, and original. They are not likely to place much value on traditional goals such as popularity and security. They usually have complex characters, and may tend to be restless and temperamental. They are strongly ingenious, and have unconventional thought patterns which allows them to analyze ideas in new ways. Consequently, a lot of scientific breakthroughs in the world have been made by the INTP.

The INTP is at his best when he can work on his theories independently. When given an environment which supports his creative genius and possible eccentricity, the INTP can accomplish truly remarkable things. These are the pioneers of new thoughts in our society.

G

Glycerine

I get the sense that you will keep questioning your type no matter what.

Silveresque

Can I ask why everyone thinks I'm an F and not a T? Because if it's the fluffy bunny avatar, I can change that. :p Personally, I think I could go either way when it comes to T/F.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well seing as how you relate evenly between a F/T dishotomy, I'd say that you probably have well developed tert function, of either T or F. Add in inferior Fe, and the strongest type possibilities are INFJ and INTJ. Have you considered those as possibilities?

Also, if you could, please answer these questions:

Where do you derive your ethical values from? Do you seek to follow the established code of your contemorary culture/group/freinds and define yourself externally as to what you are, or do you hold you own personal beleifs concerning right and wrong while being true to what you personally want to be?

Where do you derive your logical thinking from? Do you trust external sources of reliable data and methodological frameworks, or do you trust your own analysis and deductions that are more likely to make logical sense?

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Well seing as how you relate evenly between a F/T dishotomy, I'd say that you probably have well developed tert function, of either T or F. Add in inferior Fe, and the strongest type possibilities are INFJ and INTJ. Have you considered those as possibilities?

Also, if you could, please answer these questions:

Where do you derive your ethical values from? Do you seek to follow the established code of your contemorary culture/group/freinds and define yourself externally as to what you are, or do you hold you own personal beleifs concerning right and wrong while being true to what you personally want to be?
Where do you derive your logical thinking from? Do you trust external sources of reliable data and methodological frameworks, or do you trust your own analysis and deductions that are more likely to make logical sense?
I don't mean any offense by this, but I'm unsure about these questions.
The latter options are far more attractive and I believe most (if not all) people would choose them.
Who'd admit to (blindly) following an established code, or (unquestioningly) trusting external sources? Everyone holds their own personal beliefs and decide - to varying degrees - what they believe is right or wrong and true or untrue.