• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whats my type? EN_? IN_?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any ideas of how to differentiate myself?
<> I've done these type me threads before and people settled on either ENFJ, ENFP or ENTJ.
<> my type history based on tests has gone from INFP (few months) to ENFP (6 months) to ENTP (back when I would go as an ENTJ (1.5 years) based on other side issues), to ENFJ (1.5 years).

<> people who don't know me but talk about type tend to want to type me as an extravert because I CAN BE so expressive and rant like a Daniel tosh/Lewis black/Larry David, but I don't really feel like an extravert a lot of the time. I have friends, but growing up I was sort of a lone wolf. I can go days just inside my own head and my own projects, but people are what make me happy in the right circumstances. Happiest I've ever been was connecting with people and teaching/coaching/developing them as teams or individuals.

<> I hate bars and crowds unless it's a football game of my favorite team or a concert. But even then it's like I'm there alone as I want to zero in my focus on the game/music rather than use it as a social drinking excuse.
<> I don't like drinking or drugs that make you lose control

<> I'm a spiritual person. I've had internal struggles, some publicly on this board about there being a God or not. In the end, no matter how logical an argument my head thought about spiritualism, my heart couldn't accept a world without it and so now I'm much less in denial. I meditate regularily and focus on letting go, some chakras, and just deep relaxation in general. I still believe in a god entity that can be prayed to. I'm ultimately a mercy over justice person. I always hold out hope for people, even if I shouldn't

<> I spend much of my time being very slothful by SJ standards. I complain about physical discomforts way more than I should. If it's stressful, why would I want to do it? If it's uncomfortable, why would I want to wear it? Im utilitarian, but often only when it benefits my laziness. I'm the type of person who would rather freeze for an hour in the morning "just so I don't have to deal with holding a jacket later".

<> only two things in life have seen me work harder than the average person: a) when I get temporarily materialistic and realize how my laziness has dug me into a hole and I work very hard to get out... Then I usually snap out of it when I realize that I don't actually care about "success" and how much work it is. B) I've worked very hard when I was working WITH people FOR people. It's not equal with much of societal success and thus I get cycled back to step A from time to time.

<> I'm often known as that guy who has those "sum it all up phrases" that I think is very Ni like: "so in other words... ______". I can't think of any right now, but another version are those jokes where you have a picture and a summary: pic of a pyramid "slavery"; pic of a BMW "if ur not successful you can always lease the illusion for 350 a month", pic of a jack and Jill Adam sandler movie poster "is he really that desperate for money?"

<> I lived in my head growing up. I read about 30 penguin classics books (original Dracula, treasure island, king arthur etc), I was into any fantasy styled story. Ive also always had cerebral approach to the sports I played, having to break down and learn technique at painstaking step by step detail before I could catch up and sometimes surpass my peers. I worked hard at that part, but I wasn't as good at working hard in the traditional rote work. I didn't feel lazy, I just get tired :) ... My best sports talent was the ability to enter flow relatively easily.

<>I'm a night owl and an early riser. I sleep about 6 hours a night or less most nights and then binge catch up sleep. I spend free time reading and practicing information related to my hobbies of guitar playing, language learning and stock market trading/investing. I'm all self taught of course.

So what's my type? My guess is that I fall between a type 1w9 ENFJ and 9w1 INFJ. I'd appreciate any guesses.

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think you're quite ENFJ... that's all. x)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like INFP to me.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So Ive been sloth all weekend (another reason I would find it hard to be a 3!) and reading up on type stuff. When I think of the functions and how i actually use them in real life... It always comes back to this chart of self actualization: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/04/levels-of-consciousness/

<> At the lower levels of desire anger courage and neutrality I'm just sort of an empty shell compared to my higher self. Im not a histrionics pied piper or a manipulative asshole. I just curl into a ball and sloth. Its like a Ni or Ti place. There's not really depression "woe is me" as it is just "detachment and acceptance". In these levels I try to Ni my way out of problems. Its as if I subconsciously hope that if I can obtain enough input information, think on it, and come up with novel interpretations, Ill be able to fix the problem without having to promote myself/be uncomfortable/or take any risks. People always want to push me with "go talk to so and so", "maybe you need to try doing ___". And my internal thought is "ugh...i can't just think my way out of this?".

<> At the higher levels, Joy reason love and acceptance, I very strongly feel the Fe. At those levels I feel like I can use any function effectively, but Fe and somewhat Se are the ones that seem to have fixed everything. I become a "doer" and my chief love is connecting with people, and I stop having the "need" to go sloth with my books and solitude.

<> I still can't decide though if this makes me an ENFJ INFJ or even ISTP. Is the Fe the hero function all along that is shunned at lower levels, and curiously never does anything bad from over reliance? Or is Ni the hero function that gets all the control it wants at lower levels, but then with no problem just decides to give up control at the higher levels? Where does the parent function fit in? Or could it be Ti and Se having the same conversation?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why Fe-Ni/J?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why Fe-Ni/J?

Well I know I'm not an SJ. It's very obvious when we butt heads over "wait, so I'm supposed to go to work all day and be bored/miserable in an office just so that my hypothetical wife and kids can have the $ to support themselves and then those kids get the joy of continuing thus vicious cycle?" SJ "yes. It's just what you do and it makes it all worth it".

But while I'm not an SJ, I feel like an NJ. I'm more focused on what i know should be done. I just don't see Te... I just don't see the world that way for extended and happy periods of time. I may be lazy, but when I've been in the right situation, I've enjoyed organizing the world based on the roles, morales and feelings people need to play. That seems like Fe to me. That Je comes alive when ive been in large groups that are together based on something intangible like religion, a creative output, or a sports team. But when its not there, i basically just consume information and dont do anything with it.

Me being high or low energy just really depends: When I'm in a situation that needs my skills, I've worked 75 to 90 hours a week for months! But if people don't need me, I basically just shut down. I'm a responder in that sense.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm.. okay, I still can't tell. Anyway, you wanted me to contribute about E and I. I think procrastination is a whole "dichotomy" in itself- made up of so many other factors besides MBTI- (like fear and perfectionism). If you feel like the organizing of the groups energizes you more than the collecting of the information, then I would guess you are an E.

Chloe

Definately enneagram 3 and NF. I will not pretend to know or care about functions :) ps but i wouldnt guess Ne dom.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definately enneagram 3 and NF. I will not pretend to know or care about functions :) ps but i wouldnt guess Ne dom.

I've never been called or tested a 3 before. But it's been mentioned a few times here... Why do you think im a 3?

Chloe

I've never been called or tested a 3 before. But it's been mentioned a few times here... Why do you think im a 3?

I wasnt on typoc for about 5 months, so I dont remember, i guess you changed your nickname right ? but just from the OP and some things you wrote in thread it's obvious you're a 3..

this is 3;

Me being high or low energy just really depends: When I'm in a situation that needs my skills, I've worked 75 to 90 hours a week for months! But if people don't need me, I basically just shut down. I'm a responder in that sense.

how successful are you at being a J... ? you know, are you J who acts J, or J who is failing at being a J ?

EDIT: haha, just checked your profile - your profile picture - success pyramid ? common! :D lil three :girlfight:

you were JoSunshine right ?:doh: lol, babylonCandle..

so you're a male?! good to know. :)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wasnt on typoc for about 5 months, so I dont remember, i guess you changed your nickname right ? but just from the OP and some things you wrote in thread it's obvious you're a 3..

this is 3;

how successful are you at being a J... ? you know, are you J who acts J, or J who is failing at being a J ?

EDIT: haha, just checked your profile - your profile picture - success pyramid ? common! :D lil three :girlfight:

you were JoSunshine right ?:doh: lol, babylonCandle..

so you're a male?! good to know. :)

Wowwwwww. I think u know me better than I know myself :p.

This site had a cool topic on 3s, E vs I and INs not wNting to be 3s!!! http://personalityjunkie.com/2010/0...introverts-or-extraverts-infp-intp-infj-intj/

So what does this have to do with the Enneagram Three?* Based on my observations from forums and type communities, it seems that INFPs, INFJs, INTPs, and INTJs are often slow to identify*themselves as 3’s.* There are a number of possible reasons for this.* One is the strong attraction that INTPs and INTJs have to the Enneagram Five (5) profile.* The Five’s self-identity is oriented*to the intellect and INT types are often likeminded in this regard.* INFP s and INFJs may be*slower to consent to the Three designation because the Three is commonly described as displaying an element of vanity, diminished authenticity, and insincerity.* In other words, the Three, from their perspective, may come across as morally deficient in the areas they find important.

I'm good at being a J. Sometimes though, a lot lately, I jus sort of give up not on being a J, but hard work in general. The 3 thing could explain it if there was some sort of 3 inferior mode of "give up" when they don't see it possible to be successful.

Chloe

three is far away from only vanity.. its simplistic view at 3, so dont be afraid my friend... join the dark side... :girlfight:

3s lead the world. no matter what they say..this is true. without 3s the human kind would be progressing 3x slower.

i was asking how natural without effort are you J? because P 3s can live as J but its always forced of course.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a funny thought that your talk of 3s made me think of: someone joked that I just need to win the lottery and then I could do what I wanted. But as my head churned that passing comment over a few days, I had this strong gut feeling of "I wouldn't WANT to win the lottery". I think it's because I recognize that it would rob me of the ability to ever be "successful". Know what I mean?

I'm not a good P. I dont like leaving social activities to be decided later. I like to decide ahead of time that "were going to go to dinner at ____ at _ time". I don't like the "ya let's do something Saturday like maybe bla bal bla or whatever..". I sometimes say these things myself though because I actually don't want to do anything! I'm a responder, if things are "open" at the last minute, ill just stay in and relax :lol:. I also dont like being woken up on saturday morning with a "dude were going to ____ let's go!". Work stuff I like to plan out as well. Not down to the latest details. I don't like details. I'm a good J I'd say. I'm a good improviser in acting/talking situations mainly because I'm good at reading what the other person needs to hear, not because I thrive on "no plan no problem!". Maybe this is why I can't improvise by phone as well... I can't read the facial expressions and energy as well!

Chloe

babylon, yeah i understand about the lottery lol this is the same reason why I wouldnt want to be born in rich family - i would never be able to succeed it would always be "bc she had good start"

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
babylon, yeah i understand about the lottery lol this is the same reason why I wouldnt want to be born in rich family - i would never be able to succeed it would always be "bc she had good start"

It's VENOM!!!! :D