• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Apathetic INFJ or something else. Retype me or confirm I can be an INFJ and not feel.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
So hi all.. I need to be either re typed...or affirmed because curiosity struck me again. So I've been typed as INFJ for a while now..and though I agree with it..and the functions and all...I can't seem to feel as though there could be another possibility.. Simply because as time goes by I feel myself not basing alot of things on feelings, and feel more.....I'm not sure how to explain. I have this thing were a lot of things don't affect me anymore..I don't base decisions on feelings for all things..it depends on the situation. I am always thinking and think and over analyzing everything, human nature, life. I can't explain how deep I can get into my brain and thoughts and contemplation, and though I know INFJ's can do this, I feel as though I am way more cold as stereotypical INFJ's tend to be. I have this wall also, like toward emotions.. I don't feel a lot anymore...at all.. I do.. but I can control it in a sense.. Feelings can wear on me, and if I don't control them, I feel as though I can get into a funk or in a position that I felt I was at before. I am un willing to open up, people can notice it I think. I can't open up to feel anything about anyone anymore unless it's like..anger or...annoyance..if that..but I don't get bothered that easily. Point being, I can sort of turn on and off my feelings, and am not that emotional anymore either. I come of cold, and unaffected.... And many times I am..apathetic and lethargic.
Other things about me besides this change are that I logically think through things a lot more now, even though I felt 50/50 on it before, now I feel my logic overcomes my feelings in how my decisions are based even more.
A cannot stand contradictions.
I can find meaning in anything.

ideas on my enneagram or questions that could help you type me are more than welcome.
Thanks all in advance :) :wubbie:

(If any other INFJ's have felt this way please feel free to share....
I feel so much like a T type, but am not quite convinced if I am. I get told I'm not.)
Enneagram I had in mind and am pretty sure on but not order perfectly yet is..
Type 9, Type 5, and the last one is an unknown though I've started to lean toward 2.

Last edited:

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
...You're INFJ. LOL.

-ponders but has nothing particularly useful to say- INFJ with strong Ti..?

Mmm, 5-flavour...:D

Thank you for your opinion :) Thing is I think I just am this way. Like detached and stuff. When I got into this stuff a lot, I was so off, like emotionally..but now I feel more grounded to delve into it again.

Ha nothing useful to say is right. :D
Also more willing to just write stuff before I go to sleep so that I don't over analyze what I'm writing, and stress over re-reading, I can open up a little, and not read into it all cause I'm so tired :p

Yes maybe strong Ti? How would I differentiate this from lets say an INTJ.. Like maybe I am an INTJ that...idk. lol.
I should read more on INFJ's with high Ti.
I feel mean and robotic at times.

I read 5's do this..but..argh thought maybe it has something to do with my MBTI also....

Thank you :)

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you for your opinion :) Thing is I think I just am this way. Like detached and stuff. When I got into this stuff a lot, I was so off, like emotionally..but now I feel more grounded to delve into it again.

Ha nothing useful to say is right. :D
Also more willing to just write stuff before I go to sleep so that I don't over analyze what I'm writing, and stress over re-reading, I can open up a little, and not read into it all cause I'm so tired :p

Yes maybe strong Ti? How would I differentiate this from lets say an INTJ.. Like maybe I am an INTJ that...idk. lol.
I should read more on INFJ's with high Ti.
I feel mean and robotic at times.

I read 5's do this..but..argh thought maybe it has something to do with my MBTI also....

Thank you :)

Well hello there, I thought I was like this for a while until I realized that it was all a show I put on....maybe you are a INFJ type 5..can't be too much help though because I'm a mess..but maybe some more introspection could help you...I'm sure others are having this issue too..anyway good luck..:)

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can relate to a lot of what you're saying. I used to be convinced I was an INTJ for about a year because I just wasn't feeling too many emotions and because I valued logic much more than emotions. I also believed the (wrong) stereotype that all feelers necessarily make most of their decisions based on emotions and are essentially people who only go by whims. One thing that's important to note is that being a feeler doesn't mean that you don't value logic or that you have a lot of emotions all the time. It means that when it comes to your core, your perspective comes more from the "feeling realm" than the "thinking realm" (and by feeling realm, I mean things like values, "finding meaning," and humanity). It doesn't necessarily mean that you spend all your time at a soup kitchen either--it could just mean that you spend a lot of time analyzing people.

For me, I ended up realizing that certain life situations had made me put up a wall to my emotions because of going into survival mode. Once I realized this and have made efforts to let myself feel whatever I'm feeling, I found that I have more emotions than I realized I did. I'm not saying this is gonna be true for you, but this is an example of how you can be an INFJ and not feel, to use your words.

I have definitely felt robotic, apathetic, and mean too. This doesn't mean you're not an INFJ.

For the difference between INFJs with high Ti and INTJs, I'd really recommend looking into cognitive functions (if you haven't done so already). INFJs have Fe and Ti while INTJs have Te and Fi. There are definite differences between Fe/Fi and Te/Ti, and this is what ultimately convinced me that I wasn't an INTJ (there's just no way that I have high Te!). In my opinion, looking at cognitive functions to determine type is the most accurate way to do it.

Hope this helps!

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
I can relate to a lot of what you're saying. I used to be convinced I was an INTJ for about a year because I just wasn't feeling too many emotions and because I valued logic much more than emotions. I also believed the (wrong) stereotype that all feelers necessarily make most of their decisions based on emotions and are essentially people who only go by whims. One thing that's important to note is that being a feeler doesn't mean that you don't value logic or that you have a lot of emotions all the time. It means that when it comes to your core, your perspective comes more from the "feeling realm" than the "thinking realm" (and by feeling realm, I mean things like values, "finding meaning," and humanity). It doesn't necessarily mean that you spend all your time at a soup kitchen either--it could just mean that you spend a lot of time analyzing people.

For me, I ended up realizing that certain life situations had made me put up a wall to my emotions because of going into survival mode. Once I realized this and have made efforts to let myself feel whatever I'm feeling, I found that I have more emotions than I realized I did. I'm not saying this is gonna be true for you, but this is an example of how you can be an INFJ and not feel, to use your words.

I have definitely felt robotic, apathetic, and mean too. This doesn't mean you're not an INFJ.

For the difference between INFJs with high Ti and INTJs, I'd really recommend looking into cognitive functions (if you haven't done so already). INFJs have Fe and Ti while INTJs have Te and Fi. There are definite differences between Fe/Fi and Te/Ti, and this is what ultimately convinced me that I wasn't an INTJ (there's just no way that I have high Te!). In my opinion, looking at cognitive functions to determine type is the most accurate way to do it.

Hope this helps!

Hi, yeah I've looked into cognitive functions......
I agree with all of the introverted functions, which I know isn't they way it's supposed to be. I guess as of right now and what I am conscious of, I agree highly with Ti at the very least. Everything else seems to be moldable in my brain, depending on what I remember about myself. Things I have been thinking about are things like.. I don't really think I use Fe or Fi that much. One thing keeping me away from INFJ or NF types, is that I'm not to big on morals I don't think. I truly think that someone can step all over my "morals" (which I don't even know what they would be.) and I wouldn't care. It does not offend me, and I feel nothing. Besides this, I'm not what other things I could look at or describe to be able to distinguish exactly what I am.
This is my current issue, which I would love to just resolve.
Thank you for the feedback though. I hope to have some aha moment where I can type myself also, as you seem to have. And lol, High Te. :p

Trouble

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kinda identify with many of the things you've said. I have really high Ti and I initially typed as an INTJ before I discerned the difference between Te and Ti. The thing that cleared it up for me was working in a group with about 6 INTJs. They never worry about diplomacy or offending someone if they believe their logic to be correct and get irritated with my own compulsion to make sure no feelings are being bruised during conflicts. I do share their laser focus, however so I often appear impolite when working towards a goal but I was horrified when I was told that by my partner. He said he doesn't get offended because he's the same way. Very NOT horrified. That's the difference. AND I always go with feeling on decisions. But I don't like it. :)

So, maybe you're an INFJ enneagram 5 as mentioned above? The feelers that would rather not be.