• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me Again

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^And one mustn't forget the importance of dream interpretation either. For example, INTJs dream about being ganged up on and kicking ass/killing. INFJs dream about falling and getting lost in mazes. :huh: And INTPs dream about capturing, interrogating, and procreating with Bigfoot and the cuckaburra. And ISFPs dream about......?

There's always exceptions to the rule. A psychiatrist once gave someone a diagnosis of Bipolar on the basis of cuts on the patient's arms. He didn't even ask the patient a single question. The guy told me he got the cuts from a fight he was in.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Yeah, he was way off imo. I would have said BPD> :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Yeah, he was way off imo. I would have said BPD> :)

I think I was off, actually. You're right. The shrink said BPD but the actual diagnosis, based on the judgment of three other shrinks, was bipolar disorder with psychotic features.

Silveresque

It's actually possible I could be a judging type rather than a perceiver, since I could go either way on a lot of the J/P questions.

MBTIJPAnswers.png

^The darkened bullets are the ones I relate to, which is almost all of them.

I do a sort of "planned procrastination", where I have an idea of when I'm going to do something (which is usually at the second-to-last minute so I have extra time just in case). I don't like to have an exact time of when I'm going to do something, because I would rather have some flexibility so I can do it when I feel like it.

I don't really see the point in doing things way ahead of time. As long as it gets done on time, what does it matter when it gets done? My parents (both judging types) want me to plan out every detail and get everything figured out way ahead of time, and that really annoys me. I would rather do things my way, since that works best for me. Though sometimes it is nice getting things done early.

But I do like to have some sort of plan, just a loose one. And I like to keep lists of the things I have to do so I don't have to constantly remind myself, which would be stressful. I'm also always organized and prepared and arrive at appointments and meetings early.

This probably sounds more P, but could I be J?

G

Glycerine

The indecisiveness makes me think P. J likes closure. I would be really annoyed if I started questioning my type within one or two weeks of my last deliberation.

EDIT: I have questioned my type a lot but I usually kept my typing for a few months before changing. I had INFJ for over a year. 9 for over a year. 3 for a few months. 6 for a few months. I have kept my current typing for two and half months.

G

Glycerine

Stereotypically "no". When they are pissed, they give off an energy/vibe but don't necessarily outwardly express it unless they hit their last straw. lol

Silveresque

I found this in another thread:

Only my opinion of course and there's a whole spectrum within type..... but one thing I have noticed with INFP's I know irl is that they seem to be more particular, and prone to routine than ISFP's - i.e. liking to go and do the same things without tiring of it, and liking things done in certain ways, even if they don't verbalize that preference. It's like, you know that preference is there. So in that sense ISFP's I think come across more laid back and in some ways, more experimental/open/flexible to change in their lives.

I always attributed this to Si in INFP's which results in preference for familiarity and in some cases resistance to newness, vs. Se in ISFP's. This isn't to say some of that in INFP's isn't counterbalanced by Ne, but it's just a peculiar thing I've noticed about INFP's - not obvious, as on the surface they seem very laidback - but rather, when you get to know them more, it seems they are very rigid and, well, particular in certain details and things. Also seem to not need the 'newness' of experience nearly as much as ISFP's; so externally INFP's can seem more routine. Routine in action; I'm not speaking of internal world/thought.

Based on this, I should be INFP...:shrug:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found this in another thread:

Based on this, I should be INFP...:shrug:

Wrapping back around to the Tertiary Si again.

You don't have to be so dependent upon others to figure you out.

Silveresque

Wrapping back around to the Tertiary Si again.

You don't have to be so dependent upon others to figure you out.

True, I could just go with my best guess, but I learn more this way by getting input from other members with more knowledge and experience than me. It's not like I'm waiting for someone to tell me what type I am. I'm researching and trying to figure this out on my own at the same time that I'm making this thread.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True, I could just go with my best guess, but I learn more this way by getting input from other members with more knowledge and experience than me. It's not like I'm waiting for someone to tell me what type I am. I'm researching and trying to figure this out on my own at the same time that I'm making this thread.

You're always going around in circles. I don't see you getting anywhere this way. I'll just say you're not grounded enough in the real world to be an S of any kind. That's not a judgment on you because I'm an intuitive also. But I also have to say that you're not grounded enough in yourself to come to a decision here, and that finding a group of letters to describe you isn't the answer for you.

I believe you're an INFP, but it really doesn't matter if you believe me because there will always be another, and another, and another bit of evidence to cast your previous decision aside.

Silveresque

You're always going around in circles. I don't see you getting anywhere this way. I'll just say you're not grounded enough in the real world to be an S of any kind. That's not a judgment on you because I'm an intuitive also. But I also have to say that you're not grounded enough in yourself to come to a decision here, and that finding a group of letters to describe you isn't the answer for you.

I believe you're an INFP, but it really doesn't matter if you believe me because there will always be another, and another, and another bit of evidence to cast your previous decision aside.

You're right, this isn't going anywhere. :p Maybe I should stick with INFP.

G

Glycerine

If you are regularly changing your type, the rule of thumb is FP esp. XNFP.... :)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once again, that is circular, no matter what you looked at. You're just saying that "directive" and "structure focused" are pure Melancholic traits simply because ISTJ's have those traits.
What is even your point by now? How would you rather define Melancholic? Temperament was originally defined in terms of expressive and responsive characteristics, and Melancholic was low expressive and low responsive. Galen called this "cold" and "dry". It later became introverted and task-focus. All TJ's are both directive and structure focused, because there are two levels of temperament, and the TJ is less responsive in both. ISTJ is additionally low expressive in both. (Introverted and cooperative).

I would also be careful with these stereotypes, such as NFP's being by "rule" to be the ones to "not be grounded" in type, and the S's would be grounded. Anyone who doesn't completely understand the concept might have problems fitting one. (Like since all this stuff is deeply abstract content, an S might be less geared to it). And I believe that a lot of people who go back and forth are actually NTP's, but because of so much misunderstanding around T/F, are led to think they might be F's.
Plus, if the person might be genuinely inbetween, as I just pointed out. (Evidenced by identifying with a moderate or "Phlegmatic"-blended temperament, and in type, they will have to default to one side or the other, but it will not be a very strong preference).

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I should point out that these three types share some commonalities. But that, irregardless of all three of them being "loyal," that term is going to have a different meaning for some or all of them. "Loyalty" is going to have a different connotation for the ISTJ, especially in the context of "traditions" which you crossed out (the formatting wasn't saved when I copied and pasted). So you're obviously not loyal to traditions.

Therefore, in this view, if you cross out "traditions" then "loyalty" should be thrown out along with it. But that's not to cross out "loyalty" for the other two types, because the motives differ. An ISTJ is loyal out of a sense of duty and tradition. So you can't have loyalty, for that type, without duty and tradition to support it. The other types will be loyal for other reasons. Their motives may have more to do with, oh, needing to be needed, or something like that, as a loyalty to others. You fill in the blank as to where your motives for loyalty lie and where your loyalty belongs.
This is correct. (It is basically the difference between Melancholy and Supine motives).

Still, we again must be careful with the generalizations of these type behavior trait descriptions.
Another good question we could ask is why she doesn't identify with "traditions". There might be some reason why, according to her experiences. Tradition is just one general trait emanating from the temperament and/or functional need. Other things can change this, but the need remains the same, and can be evidenced in other traits. So they can still be loyal from a sense of duty, but this can be on a more individual basis, rather than let's say a large institution, like if they believe that institution's values are messed up. (Particularly of note for an ISTJ, with tertiary Fi).
In such cases, they generally believe in "create new traditions".

Also, she did cross off far more INFP traits than either of the other two.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is even your point by now? How would you rather define Melancholic? Temperament was originally defined in terms of expressive and responsive characteristics, and Melancholic was low expressive and low responsive. Galen called this "cold" and "dry". It later became introverted and task-focus. All TJ's are both directive and structure focused, because there are two levels of temperament, and the TJ is less responsive in both. ISTJ is additionally low expressive in both. (Introverted and cooperative).

I would also be careful with these stereotypes, such as NFP's being by "rule" to be the ones to "not be grounded" in type, and the S's would be grounded. Anyone who doesn't completely understand the concept might have problems fitting one. (Like since all this stuff is deeply abstract content, an S might be less geared to it). And I believe that a lot of people who go back and forth are actually NTP's, but because of so much misunderstanding around T/F, are led to think they might be F's.
Plus, if the person might be genuinely inbetween, as I just pointed out. (Evidenced by identifying with a moderate or "Phlegmatic"-blended temperament, and in type, they will have to default to one side or the other, but it will not be a very strong preference).

I didn't say that about NFP's, I think you have me confused with Glycerine. I don't see Revils as being grounded in reality, kind of like myself, another intuitive. I happen to be more grounded in myself than she is - i.e., I don't have identity problems. And unlike type 9s, I'm not so other-centric. Type 9s lose their identity in others, usually a significant other, by seeking merger with the other. It just so happens that the INFP in question is a type 9, but INFP's can't always be type 9s so not all INFPs are going to have that trait. INFPs, when they are type 4s, have another kind of identity issue. Therefore I can't possibly be stereotyping. I am simply looking at two systems at once, just as you do with your APS and MBTI.

"Cold" and "dry" are obviously emotional attitudes. Their attitude is "cold" and their speech is "dry" and unemotional.