• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me Again

Silveresque

I should point out that these three types share some commonalities. But that, irregardless of all three of them being "loyal," that term is going to have a different meaning for some or all of them. "Loyalty" is going to have a different connotation for the ISTJ, especially in the context of "traditions" which you crossed out (the formatting wasn't saved when I copied and pasted).

In this view, if you cross out "traditions" then "loyalty" should be thrown out along with it. But that's not to cross out "loyalty" for the other two types, because the motives differ. An ISTJ is loyal out of a sense of duty and tradition. So you can't have loyalty, for that type, without duty and tradition to support it. The other types will be loyal for other reasons. Their motives may have more to do with, oh, needing to be needed, or something like that. You fill in the blank as to where your motives for loyalty lie. And you're not a J type anyway, right? At least we can be assured knowing that that has nothing to do with your loyalty.

Overall, ISTJ doesn't seem very likely to me, but don't assume I'm not dutiful. My dutifulness is the only reason I get anything done.

Conscientiousness..........16
Self-Efficacy............6
Orderliness..............64
Dutifulness..............83
Achievement-Striving.....1
Self-Discipline..........1
Cautiousness.............86

(These results are from a few weeks ago.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Overall, ISTJ doesn't seem very likely to me, but don't assume I'm not dutiful. My dutifulness is the only reason I get anything done.

Conscientiousness..........16
Self-Efficacy............6
Orderliness..............64
Dutifulness..............83
Achievement-Striving.....1
Self-Discipline..........1
Cautiousness.............86

(These results are from a few weeks ago.)

I'm going outside of temperament talk to state that, even though I only know you from your posts, you are not nearly pugnacious enough to be an ISTJ. In fact, you don't come across like that in the least bit.

There, I described the ISTJ with an adjective that fits the type, no need for pondering complicated temperament theories.

Those scores (and other things you've said about yourself) look like you have Dependent Personality Disorder. But it doesn't tell me what your loyalty is about.

Edit - I take that back. The Wiki article on Dependent Personality Disorder states, "They will be loyal, unquestioning, and affectionate. They will be tender and considerate toward those upon whom they depend."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dependent Personality Disorder:
1. has difficulty making everyday decisions without an excessive amount of advice and reassurance from others
2. needs others to assume responsibility for most major areas of his or her life
3. has difficulty expressing disagreement with others because of fear of loss of support or approval. Note: does not include realistic fears of retribution.
4. has difficulty initiating projects or doing things on his or her own (because of a lack of self-confidence in judgment or abilities rather than a lack of motivation or energy)
5. goes to excessive lengths to obtain nurturance and support from others, to the point of volunteering to do things that are unpleasant
6. feels uncomfortable or helpless when alone because of exaggerated fears of being unable to care for himself or herself
urgently seeks another relationship as a source of care and support when a close relationship ends
is unrealistically preoccupied with fears of being left to take care of himself or herself

Your high score on the "cautiousness" scale also looks like some paranoia is involved.

Silveresque

I'm going outside of temperament talk to state that, even though I only know you from your posts, you are not nearly pugnacious enough to be an ISTJ. In fact, you don't come across like that in the least bit.

There, I described the ISTJ with an adjective that fits the type, no need for pondering complicated temperament theories.

Those scores (and other things you've said about yourself) look like you have Dependent Personality Disorder. But it doesn't tell me what your loyalty is about.

Edit - I take that back. The Wiki article on Dependent Personality Disorder states, "They will be loyal, unquestioning, and affectionate. They will be tender and considerate toward those upon whom they depend."

Yeah, I do have a couple dependent traits, but I definitely don't come close to fitting the diagnostic criteria for DPD. Schizoid PD, on the other hand, is a strong possibility.

Extraversion...............1
Friendliness.............1
Gregariousness...........1
Assertiveness............1
Activity Level...........1
Excitement-Seeking.......0
Cheerfulness.............0

^I think those results are too high. They should all be zeros. :alttongue:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I do have a couple dependent traits, but I definitely don't come close to fitting the diagnostic criteria for DPD. Schizoid PD, on the other hand, is a strong possibility.

Extraversion...............1
Friendliness.............1
Gregariousness...........1
Assertiveness............1
Activity Level...........1
Excitement-Seeking.......0
Cheerfulness.............0

^I think those results are too high. They should all be zeros. :alttongue:

Any number of personality disorders can fit, and it's not unusual for a type 9 to be schizoidal. Type 9s are also Dependent, and this need can be confused with loyalty.

Edit - Down toward the bottom of the DPD Wiki page, it lists "ineffectual dependant
including schizoid features" as a Millon subtype for DPD.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If loyalty is one of the two Dependent traits which you have, I agree that it doesn't fit the criteria for a diagnosis of Dependent. I'm just trying to point out that 'loyalty' has a different meaning for this or that context. An ISTJ is dependent upon tradition, authority, etc. That's the form of loyalty that fits the ISTJ.

G

Glycerine

Why are we talking about personality disorders? Unless [MENTION=14216]RevlisZero[/MENTION] is significantly functionally impaired and has a lot of distress and discomfort, chances are she doesn't have one.

Silveresque

If loyalty is one of the two Dependent traits which you have, I agree that it doesn't fit the criteria for a diagnosis of Dependent. I'm just trying to point out that 'loyalty' has a different meaning for this or that context. An ISTJ is dependent upon tradition, authority, etc. That's the form of loyalty that fits the ISTJ.

Loyalty isn't actually part of the diagnostic criteria for dependent PD. Anyways, I'm loyal to people I respect and care about, not tradition and authority, so you're right, probably not ISTJ. :yes:

Why are we talking about personality disorders? Unless [MENTION=14216]RevlisZero[/MENTION] is significantly functionally impaired and has a lot of distress and discomfort, chances are she doesn't have one.

Yeah, we should probably save the personality disorder discussion for my blog.

G

Glycerine

Sorry, it's just one of those things that truly hits a nerve with me. Labeling someone with a personality disorder is a very serious matter because the criteria is about the severity.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So is anyone going to help type me now? How about some questions? :D

What kind of pets do you like?

Do you have any addictions?

Do you fall in love often?

Do you like to dress eccentrically? Do you have a raiment collection of some sort; say old fashioned dresses?

Are you usually the one to break up?

Do you get offended for others easily?

How's that? :smile:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's not at all true, but if she is seriously introverted and detached then something like a personality disorder may be going on. It is possible to detach from suffering. I'm talking about it because "I'm just trying to point out that 'loyalty' has a different meaning for this or that context." Dependent Personality Disorder has a kind of loyalty trait attached to it. And she's a type 9 which correlates with Dependent and/or Schizoid. The ISTJ has a different kind of loyalty trait having to do with following traditions. She kept "loyalty" for three type-descriptions: ISTJ, INFP, and ISFP, but those are different kinds of loyalty. Type 9 has been correlated well with either ISFP or INFP (as well as ENFP and probably some others). I want to eliminate ISTJ and I wonder how someone who scores higher on the P scale would even be considered as an ISTJ. I'm thinking she's INFP because of her interest in languages and other less-than-concrete topics, and I'm not considering INTP because she tries to avoid conflict with others. "Task-oriented" persons may inadvertently step on toes, but only because they aren't people-oriented doormats.

G

Glycerine

That's not at all true, but if she is seriously introverted and detached then something like a personality disorder may be going on. It is possible to detach from suffering. I'm talking about it because "I'm just trying to point out that 'loyalty' has a different meaning for this or that context." Dependent Personality Disorder has a kind of loyalty trait attached to it. And she's a type 9 which correlates with Dependent and/or Schizoid. The ISTJ has a different kind of loyalty trait having to do with following traditions. She kept "loyalty" for three type-descriptions: ISTJ, INFP, and ISFP, but those are different kinds of loyalty. Type 9 has been correlated well with either ISFP or INFP (as well as ENFP and probably some others). I want to eliminate ISTJ and I wonder how someone who scores higher on the P scale would even be considered as an ISTJ. I'm thinking she's INFP because of her interest in languages and other less-than-concrete topics, and I'm not considering INTP because she tries to avoid conflict with others. "Task-oriented" persons may inadvertently step on toes, but only because they aren't people-oriented doormats.

The "functional impairment", discomfort/distress, and or statically abnormality (at the far end of the bell curve) is how CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGISTS typically diagnose disorders. We do not know her well enough, have not seen her in enough contexts or have the proper training to assess whether or not she has a personality disorder.

EDIT: If it doesn't have much impact, then it's seen as a "quirk".

Silveresque

How's that? :smile:

I'm not sure how relevant these questions are, but sure, I'll answer them. :alttongue:

What kind of pets do you like?

Cats and dogs. Kitties are adorable and soft and cuddly. :wub: But they're also kind of fickle. Dogs are much more loyal and friendly. And you can take them places, so they would probably make better companions.

Do you have any addictions?

No, though I sometimes go through phases where I'm addicted to video games. :p

Do you fall in love often?

I've never fallen in love before, so that would be a no.

Do you like to dress eccentrically? Do you have a raiment collection of some sort; say old fashioned dresses?

No. I'm far too self-conscious to wear anything even slightly unusual. I'm not a collector either.

Are you usually the one to break up?

I have no idea, since I've never been in a relationship.

Do you get offended for others easily?

I don't know. I honestly can't think of a time when I was in that kind of situation. :shrug: I'm going to make this question "Are you easily offended?" I can be sensitive and easily hurt, but I very rarely turn it into resentment or anger toward the offender, so it depends on what you mean by "offended". I wonder if it would be different if someone offended one of my friends?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure how relevant these questions are, but sure, I'll answer them. :alttongue:

Cats and dogs. Kitties are adorable and soft and cuddly. :wub: But they're also kind of fickle. Dogs are much more loyal and friendly. And you can take them places, so they would probably make better companions.

No, though I sometimes go through phases where I'm addicted to video games. :p

I've never fallen in love before, so that would be a no.

No. I'm far too self-conscious to wear anything even slightly unusual. I'm not a collector either.

I have no idea, since I've never been in a relationship.

I don't know. I honestly can't think of a time when I was in that kind of situation. :shrug: I'm going to make this question "Are you easily offended?" I can be sensitive and easily hurt, but I very rarely turn it into resentment or anger toward the offender, so it depends on what you mean by "offended". I wonder if it would be different if someone offended one of my friends?

All of those questions were relevant in my mind for infp...my little Aphrodite test. :smile: Esp the last; it is an Fi question.

And you basically failed all of them. So you must not be an infp. And you don't sound Si dom either (from yesterday's test). And you don't sound INTP. Maybe you are some sort of SP?

Silveresque

All of those questions were relevant in my mind for infp...my little Aphrodite test. :smile: Esp the last; it is an Fi question.

And you basically failed all of them. So you must not be an infp. And you don't sound Si dom either (from yesterday's test). And you don't sound INTP. Maybe you are some sort of SP?

I could be ISFP, unless those questions were for Fi users in general. ISTP is less likely.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The "functional impairment", discomfort/distress, and or statically abnormality (at the far end of the bell curve) is how CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGISTS typically diagnose disorders. We do not know her well enough, have not seen her in enough contexts or have the proper training to assess whether or not she has a personality disorder.

EDIT: If it doesn't have much impact, then it's seen as a "quirk".

Clinical diagnosis is made on the basis of asking a battery of test questions, such as "have you experienced weight loss or gain?" Patients enter the clinics on the basis of various complaints. Sometimes those are the complaints of others about the patients, not of the patients themselves.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^And one mustn't forget the importance of dream interpretation either. For example, INTJs dream about being ganged up on and kicking ass/killing. INFJs dream about falling and getting lost in mazes. :huh: And INTPs dream about capturing, interrogating, and procreating with Bigfoot and the cuckaburra. And ISFPs dream about......?