• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there a name for people...

plaminal

MBTI Type
xSFP
Enneagram
7?
Is there a name for people who get lots of different results? Such as getting INTJ years ago, something else earlier this year, INFP last week, ESTP today?

In other words, for very variable people? Sometimes I want more people in my life, sometimes fewer; sometimes I think I want to help change the world, sometimes I think people are messing iti up so much I'd better just enjoy it while there's still some fresh air in some places... you get the idea.

Deranged isn't the word I'm looking for. :dry:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's called a normal person. :)

Also, welcome to the forums :hi:

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was like that, I'll call it... an 'unsure tester'? Maybe? I've gotten weird results before, like ESFJ, which I am not. I became sure on my type after reading material instead of taking quizzes.

oh and a better term, would be a normal person, like person above me said :p

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't place faith in tests, they tend for the most part to be wholly inaccuarate; they can give one an idea of what their type is but true discovery of type requires analysis and introspection.

plaminal

MBTI Type
xSFP
Enneagram
7?
Addenda from same person: I have a few lifelong traits.

Moral
Honest
Intelligent
Love nature and puppies
Hate it when someone else suffers--help them unless it costs me a lot
Make lists
Books
Lists of books
Like to spend a lot of time researching things that interest me
Creative and inventive
Kind of sloppy
Somewhat emotional

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was going to answer 'Human'. But the other posters summed it up pretty well. Typology is just another tool to help one understand some areas of self that may not be well quantified. It is not set in stone and you can make of it (and yourself) whatever you like.

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp

Moral
Honest
Intelligent
Love nature and puppies
Make lists
Books
Lists of books
Creative and inventive
Kind of sloppy
Somewhat emotional

hm by those my guess would be xNFx? You could be xNTJ. INFJ?

plaminal

MBTI Type
xSFP
Enneagram
7?
Wow!

Is there a forum for "normal"?

Kidding aside, it's great to hear that. I appreciate several nice people jumping in so quickly. Thanks.

You all seem to be having so much fun being a type. I want one too! :)

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
You all seem to be having so much fun being a type. I want one too! :)

It is fun seeing other people with your type and stuff, but the first thing I thought when seeing that was "I want to be labeled." x)

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Plaminal,

Welcome to the forum, seems you have good character traits. Don't let MBTI convince you otherwise. If you have a spouse, best friend, close parent, etc. You may want to have them take a MBTI test using what they know and perceive about your personality and character, compare it to your honest results (not what you perceive the ideal version of you is but the average baseline summation of self) and see how close they are. It is one way to see yourself from a different perspective and may help you to pin down the elusive typologically indexed self.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Moral
Honest
Intelligent
Love nature and puppies
Make lists
Books
Lists of books
Creative and inventive
Kind of sloppy
Somewhat emotional

Hmmm, from this you seem to be F something in dom or aux functions, so either ISFP, ESFP, INFP, ENFP, INFJ, ENFJ, ISFJ, and ESFJ are all possible. Enneagram wise, 4 and 5 seem possible.

plaminal

MBTI Type
xSFP
Enneagram
7?
Ambitypical. Thanks. If anyone wants me, I'll be on Google.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ambitypical. Thanks. If anyone wants me, I'll be on Google.

Your results will vary considerably if you take the assessment based on current mood. Try to think about who you are in the big picture and take a psychological average as it were. Also, your results will often change as years go by because we all (hopefully) grow, mature, change and gain wisdom and self understanding as we progress in life. Your results may be consistent or they may vary wildly between teens and on through the decades.

plaminal

MBTI Type
xSFP
Enneagram
7?
Some progress

After some more testing and use of your hints, I've narrowed it down to two: INTP or INFP.

INTP: one of my favorite things is going wild researching a subject that interests me. I use the internet until parts of my body are sore, and go to the library, read in the reference section, check out books... copy and paste on the computer and make lists on paper, and love getting closer and closer to the answer or understanding I was looking for. And sometimes people tell me I think too much.

INFP: when I read maybe 50 posts in that forum, I saw a lot of posts by people who do the same somewhat odd things I do. Also, I feel a little warmer emotionally than a lot of the people in the INTP. I wouldn't call myself an idealist, though, although I think I was when I was younger.

So, maybe both? I'm pretty sure about the I, N, and P.

When I looked at a list of another way of looking at it, I most identified with Se, Ne, and Ni, and not at all with Te and Si. I should go look up how those correlate and not expect people to do it for me, but hey, as long as I'm posting...if you like, enlighten me. :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
After some more testing and use of your hints, I've narrowed it down to two: INTP or INFP.

INTP: one of my favorite things is going wild researching a subject that interests me. I use the internet until parts of my body are sore, and go to the library, read in the reference section, check out books... copy and paste on the computer and make lists on paper, and love getting closer and closer to the answer or understanding I was looking for. And sometimes people tell me I think too much.

INFP: when I read maybe 50 posts in that forum, I saw a lot of posts by people who do the same somewhat odd things I do. Also, I feel a little warmer emotionally than a lot of the people in the INTP. I wouldn't call myself an idealist, though, although I think I was when I was younger.

When I looked at a list of another way of looking at it, I most identified with Se, Ne, and Ni, and not at all with Te and Si. I should go look up how those correlate and not expect people to do it for me, but hey, as long as I'm posting...if you like, enlighten me. :)

INTP seems more likely here, although if you feel 'warmer' than most other INTP's and don't use Si at all, that would indicate being ENTP.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is there a name for people who get lots of different results? Such as getting INTJ years ago, something else earlier this year, INFP last week, ESTP today?

In other words, for very variable people? Sometimes I want more people in my life, sometimes fewer; sometimes I think I want to help change the world, sometimes I think people are messing iti up so much I'd better just enjoy it while there's still some fresh air in some places... you get the idea.

Deranged isn't the word I'm looking for. :dry:

Still looking for a word for those... people who answer about who they are as they feel it in that moment? Flash typers? :tongue: I don't know, but it seems pretty common though to get a lot of different results on the tests. It's only weird people such as myself who are terribly type-consistent, probably because most of the time I don't know what type I feel at the moment. Anyway, I would throw away the tests if your results are going all over the place.

If you identify with Se and Ni, I would recommend also looking into ISFP and ISTP. The Se/Ni combination in these types can be easily mistaken for N sometimes. With your style of flexibility on this and not identifying with Te or Si you do seem P at least. So, some sort of INP would also work.

INTP seems more likely here, although if you feel 'warmer' than most other INTP's and don't use Si at all, that would indicate being ENTP.

Or ENFP of course ;) I haven't picked up much indication of being extraverted though...