• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tryng to get this enneagram mess down...I'm confused help.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wrote in the enneagram sub forum and got different answers so I'm sorta confused about what my tritype could be...This something I wrote please take a look and tell me what you think.

I moved to a four year university far from my home because I felt like I needed too knowing that financially I couldn't afford it, I wanted a stereotypical "college" experience because my life has not been normal and I was sick of it. I was sick of the people and place. I needed to find me because I felt lost, I guess that is perfectionist in me. I didn't have a stereotypical "college" experience because I realize that was dumb of me and I didn't really want that in the long run. I did find out a lot about me, so I enjoy that very much so. I typically try to change my life to make it suit my ideals in what I want. I try to have revelations where I get all the answers and sometimes it works and I figure things out. Other times I screw myself into dumbness and bad things happen, and things get worst.

I've always had these brief moments where I strive to get what I want, but I am way to lazy of a person honestly and I really don't want to do anything. I want to relax alone, listen to music take pictures of the world and maybe hangout with close friends. I know I am lucky to have school as an option, but I hate it and wish I had a trust fund that lasts me my whole life. I am not a go getter by any means, I don't really enjoy doing stuff in the world like working. I want to enjoy life, but in my way.

I do not do conflict well and would rather just go with what you say, as long as it doesn't harm my being in any way. That being said I am not afraid to have a conflict with family, if they annoy me, then I am not afraid to conflict with them. Other people it has to build up then and only then can I just explode and I never want to talk about again unless it hurt my feelings that bad.

I find myself always talking about how I am, which makes me sounds like people don't know me well enough, I think I just do that for they can get the gist of me without getting too deep about personal stuff. Feelings do over take me randomly, I deal with them alone and try to evaluate them, the reason behind it and sometimes try to figure out the why I feel that way. When alone I act like a kid jumping around and doing random things, with someone I am comfortable with I recently realize I am not as down as I convince myself to be, I tend to talk and do random things, but I don't think I'm as kiddy. I delve into philosophical topics or try to get to know them better than I already do.

I take things as signs and when things get too much I just throw it into the air and figure I'll find a solution for it. Also I start believing things that do not logically make sense to me, so it can be religion (for me it doesn't logically make sense not trying offend.) or pop psychology like "the secret" and even karma all the while thinking up solutions.

Oh I and I like to be independent, on my own and not having to ask for things that is a pretty big part of me.

Sorry there is a lot here, but I'm trying find my type and have to make sure there is evidence lol.

Thank you for reading this. :)

Last edited:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I see 9 and 5 characteristics in your post :)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You really do sound like a 9 to me. Not sure about tritype though, sorry... I'll post again if I have more thoughts :)

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I see 9 and 5 characteristics in your post :)

You really do sound like a 9 to me. Not sure about tritype though, sorry... I'll post again if I have more thoughts :)

Yay! answers.. Thank you Both :)

9 and maybe 5? I score high on 4 a lot and used to on 5, but after time alone I realized 5 maybe my wing, but maybe 9 also I agree with somethings about it.

These are my scores.

Type 1 Perfectionism 65%
Type 2 Helpfulness 41%
Type 3 Image Focus 48%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity 61%
Type 5 Detachment 57%
Type 6 Anxiety 61%
Type 7 Adventurousness 34%
Type 8 Aggressiveness 25%
Type 9 Calmness 54%

Sp/So/Sx

You see my scores with the ones I agree with are all close. This is why I don't understand because I feel like there's many aspects of me..

Help? lol

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm gonna say 9-5-4 for tritype. I have some doubts about tritype, though. The thing with enneagram is that it seems like you can be all the types, but just bits of them. So tritype is kinda like the compromise "I'm these three types because I can't decide between them..." ;) (For the record, my tritype would almost certainly be 6-9-4.)

And by the way, if it helps at all, 9s are really supposed to identify to at least a certain extent with many types or even all types, and to have a hard time deciding. More so than other types would. ;) I spent quite a while trying to decide between 6 and 9. I am pretty sure now that I'm a 6 but I definitely identify with aspects of 9.

Personally I have a feeling that the enneagram is a less precise tool than MBTI but that it can also be very useful. I've found looking at the 6 motivations really useful and revelatory for me.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm gonna say 9-5-4 for tritype. I have some doubts about tritype, though. The thing with enneagram is that it seems like you can be all the types, but just bits of them. So tritype is kinda like the compromise "I'm these three types because I can't decide between them..." ;) (For the record, my tritype would almost certainly be 6-9-4.)

And by the way, if it helps at all, 9s are really supposed to identify to at least a certain extent with many types or even all types, and to have a hard time deciding. More so than other types would. ;) I spent quite a while trying to decide between 6 and 9. I am pretty sure now that I'm a 6 but I definitely identify with aspects of 9.

Personally I have a feeling that the enneagram is a less precise tool than MBTI but that it can also be very useful. I've found looking at the 6 motivations really useful and revelatory for me.

Thank you so much!

Yeah I agree, I think it adds something to your MBTI. :)

May I ask where you see the 9?

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you so much!

Yeah I agree, I think it adds something to your MBTI. :)

May I ask where you see the 9?

-"I've always had these brief moments where I strive to get what I want, but I am way to lazy of a person honestly and I really don't want to do anything. I want to relax alone, listen to music take pictures of the world and maybe hangout with close friends."

-"I am not a go getter by any means, I don't really enjoy doing stuff in the world like working. I want to enjoy life, but in my way."

-"I do not do conflict well and would rather just go with what you say, as long as it doesn't harm my being in any way. That being said I am not afraid to have a conflict with family, if they annoy me, then I am not afraid to conflict with them. Other people it has to build up then and only then can I just explode and I never want to talk about again unless it hurt my feelings that bad."

-"Oh I and I like to be independent, on my own and not having to ask for things that is a pretty big part of me."

I'm no expert by any means, but the above comments sound EXTREMELY type 9 to me. Peaceful and a bit lazy, not very driven, friendly and strongly valuing close friendships but independent and conflict avoidant, anger sometimes exploding seemingly unpredictably because of a buildup... These are the kind of points I've encountered repeatedly when reading type 9 descriptions.

(If it sounds like I've focused more on the negative bits, that's probably because enneagram does tend to focus on the negative. :D Believe me, a lot of type 6 stuff is not pretty to deal with!)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's exactly my read, too, fwiw. (And since I'm a 4-5-9, a lot of it sounded real familiar)