• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help typing my confusing sister?

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, (just joined :p) so I've been quietly studying MBTI for a while... and neither me, or my mother (INFP) can figure out my sister, who is 9 years old. The closest we can get is ENTP, but she she isn't one, I have a best friend who's an ENTP and I know her very well, and I don't think she is very much her. My sister is extroverted, intuitive, and perceiving. But I'm still stuck on the thinking/feeling. My mom says she's thinking, but I beg to differ... She takes things very personally, (I like to joke, and she takes it very personally.) But it does seem that she focuses more on the issues then the people when she's faced with a problem. Is there a type that can be sensitive to criticism? Oh and ENTP's love to argue. She does argue a lot with my mom, but get's very emotional...
any ideas? I can provide more details if asked.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Too young to tell- and probably detrimental to her at this point to try and label her. Let her be free of that and give her a few more years.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh, and excuse me, skipped all the niceties- pleasure to meet you and welcome. :)

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
haha, thanks for the welcome, and I may have to just watch her grow up until I see a strong preferences.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
T doesn't mean you're immune to criticism. Some Ts can be extremely sensitive (watch for them on the forum, haha).

Very very roughly, T will be more concerned about facts whereas F will be more concerned about the values involved (If she's ENFP, it'd be Fi - personal values. If she's ENTP she'd be, in theory, more concerned about Fe- the values of other people involved).

And yeah, typing kids is hard/inaccurate, as you've found out. They're not really humans yet, really. :cheese:

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
T doesn't mean you're immune to criticism. Some Ts can be extremely sensitive (watch for them on the forum, haha).
Aha, I see. In all the articles I've read all the T's seem to not take criticism personally. But hm some can be sensitive.

And now I'm thinking back to when my best friend and I would play together when we were her age, and now I can see her as an ENTP more clearly :) My sister and I conflict a lot but I guess that's just because we're siblings, lol.

A

A window to the soul

Hi, (just joined :p) so I've been quietly studying MBTI for a while... and neither me, or my mother (INFP) can figure out my sister, who is 9 years old. The closest we can get is ENTP, but she she isn't one, I have a best friend who's an ENTP and I know her very well, and I don't think she is very much her. My sister is extroverted, intuitive, and perceiving. But I'm still stuck on the thinking/feeling. My mom says she's thinking, but I beg to differ... She takes things very personally, (I like to joke, and she takes it very personally.) But it does seem that she focuses more on the issues then the people when she's faced with a problem. Is there a type that can be sensitive to criticism? Oh and ENTP's love to argue. She does argue a lot with my mom, but get's very emotional...
any ideas? I can provide more details if asked.

I guess xNFJ. My ENFJ sister will argue too; such as, when she deems something is unfair. I was not very emotional, as far as being sad or hurt; I would get frustrated and mad in a fairly controlled manner; for instance, controlled long enough to throw a huge rubber tarantula over the shower curtain when she was taking a shower. :laugh: I hate it that she screamed and I got belt spanked for that! Thus, I only did it once before my tarantula got confiscated. Good times.

The NFJ's in my family will get their feelings hurt by my jokes; including my Mom and their eyes will even tear up sometimes. I'm surprised by that. It's taught me to be more considerate.

To drive my point home about not being emotional, when I was the age of your sister, I remember my Mom sharing the wild stuff I did with family during holiday parties. All of my aunts, uncles, and grandparents would look shocked, then burst out laughing like it was the most hilarious thing they'd ever heard. I was far from hurt; rather, I would feel tense and cringe up, but you'd never know it, I would hide it as hard as I could with a great big ol smile. There was something seriously disturbing about hearing my actions told like a story with slight variations that weren't completely true and seeing the room in hysteria over it, gah. The facts were skewed. If you're going to talk about me, at least get the story right!

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I guess xNFJ. My ENFJ sister will argue too; such as, when she deems something is unfair. I was not very emotional, as far as being sad or hurt; I would get frustrated and mad in a fairly controlled manner; for instance, controlled long enough to throw a huge rubber tarantula over the shower curtain when she was taking a shower. :laugh: I hate it that she screamed and I got belt spanked for that! Thus, I only did it once before my tarantula got confiscated. Good times.

The NFJ's in my family will get their feelings hurt by my jokes; including my Mom and their eyes will even tear up sometimes. I'm surprised by that. It's taught me to be more considerate.

To drive my point home about not being emotional, when I was the age of your sister, I remember my Mom sharing the wild stuff I did with family during holiday parties. All of my aunts, uncles, and grandparents would look shocked, then burst out laughing like it was the most hilarious thing they'd ever heard. I was far from hurt; rather, I would feel tense and cringe up, but you'd never know it, I would hide it as hard as I could with a great big ol smile. There was something seriously disturbing about hearing my actions told like a story with slight variations that weren't completely true and seeing the room in hysteria over it, gah. The facts were skewed. If you're going to talk about me, at least get the story right!

aha this gives me more of an insight, thank you :)