• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oh Crap, now i'm unsure!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So I've never really doubted being an INFP before, but lately I guess i've been spending a bit too much time inside my head, and i'm starting to doubt myself.

I've found that while i fit the description of an INFP quite well, i also kind of fit the description of an ISFP and even ENFP. I'm pretty sure i'm not an ENFP, because i am very much an introvert, so i don't quite see how ENFP could be a possibility, but could i be an ISFP?

Another thing that is making me doubt myself a bit is the fact that i just found out one of my friends is an INFP, and we are nothing a like, you would never guess we had a similar personality type if you were around us. When she found out i was an INFP, she said that she didn't believe it, and claimed i seemed more INTP to her. Which may only be because when i hang out with her, it is when i'm with my best friend, who is an INTP and her boyfriend who is an ENTJ, so i sneak into thinking mode, so i can have conversations with them.

SO WHAT IS IT INFP, ISFP, INTP, ENFP???? confused.
I need help. :(

heart

heart on fire
What does "really like an INFP" mean to you? I think that would be a good reference point for discussing the issue.

Also does the side of your bed look like this?

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Remember that function preferences run along a continuum, from weak to strong. Also with all the millions of people in the world each belonging to one of 16 types, you can see that there is much variation within types. If we put all the INFPs into one room, by nature of group dynamics and the influence of preference strength, some would appear more extraverted than others, others more sensing, etc.

So it's possible that you may share the same preferences with your friend, but that the strength of your preferences may greatly differ. If you have both of your MBTI results, take a look at the strength.

Or it may be that you are in fact another type. I believe the MBTI is only considered valid when administered after age 18. Or you might have taken it while undergoing a transition or under stress.

The good thing is, it's a normative instrument. No type is better than any other. And it's all based on your self-reported preferences. Only you can be the final judge of the validity of your reported type.

If you're still in doubt, consider taking it again or taking the MBTI Step II. It breaks the each of the 4 bipolar scales into 5 subtypes. For example, you could be a Questioning Feeler, or an Early-Starting Perceiver. And it's recommended that a qualified practitioner administer the instrument.

Finally, we are more than just our MBTI type.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What does "really like an INFP" mean to you? I think that would be a good reference point for discussing the issue.

My side of the bed does look like this occasionally.

And as for what "really like an infp" means to me, i don't think i can really explain it. It would have to be something that i need to think about.

heart

heart on fire
I think the side of the bed thing is Ne. Someone (It was in a thread about neatness that INFJMom started) mentioned that INFP always have a "rat's nest" of books, notebooks and papers beside the bed. It seems ENFP might have the same.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yeah my clutter isn't allowed to be organized because i can find everything just how it is!

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
yeah my clutter isn't allowed to be organized because i can find everything just how it is!

The sad part is if it was my space, then I wouldn't care if it were that messy because I would know where everything is and I would eventually get to cleaning it up, but since it is someone else's spot I want to clean it soooo bad.

Typcial NFJ/NFP difference.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I love all this type-paranoia! It's awesome. I'm probably an ESFJ.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?

HAHAHA!

How I know I am not INFP, Case. In. Point. I am periodically messy and appear to be totally disorganized, but that would drive me up the wall batshit.

(How I know my little sister is an INFP, and why I am glad I haven't shared a room with her for about fifteen years--Case. In. Point.)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if you genuinely want an opinion on this, but you asked, so I'll say that you've always struck me as ISFP. Both because of the way that you come across on this forum, and the fact that you seem very different from my INFP mom and ENFP friends, and do remind me a bit of my ISFP friend. You might also just be close to/on the borderline of S/N.

But hey, I'll be the first to admit I barely know you. I wouldn't have brought it up if you hadn't questioned it yourself.

redacted

read up on the difference between Ne/Si and Se/Ni

my ISFP friend has very strong Ni; she's quite intuitive.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE AND HOW DID YOU GET INTO MY ROOM?!

Either way...

INFP = Fi Ne, and ISFP = Fi Se. How does the person in question think? Also, considering... it'd be a combination of Ne/Si, and then Se/Ni. Go with what dissonance said.