• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Guess What Function

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is a bit of an experiment. I'm going to post quotes or a videos on a periodic basis. The point of this thread is recognize cognitive functions as they are being used. So, the question is - what functions do you think are being demonstrated in the examples provided and why?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Example #1 - What functions is she demonstrating?

Last edited:

Jaguar

My.
I.
My.
I.
My.
I.
My.
I.
My.
I.
I.
I.
I.
I.
I.

I am only a child, yet I know! I know everything!

Fi. On steroids.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Si + Fe
She uses personal experiences & tangible factual examples. There seems to be a fear of things being different in the future from her childhood, wanting to preserve things so her future children can have what she had.
There's a plea to community values - "family". The "my dad always says" is also a dead giveaway to Fe.
I would elaborate more, but I think that paints the picture.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The self-righteous indignation of Fi where many of the arguments are emotional appeals.

Emotional appeals generally really turn me off but for whatever reason, this girl did not. Maybe it was because it was a kid and it was hard to disagree with the obvious and fresh perspective she was bringing. Appealed to my "Ni" or something.

rav3n

Emotional appeals generally really turn me off but for whatever reason, this girl did not. Maybe it was because it was a kid and it was hard to disagree with the obvious and fresh perspective she was bringing. Appealed to my "Ni" or something.
Probably Fi as well, since it appealed to the subjective value of children having the chutzpah to do this. I wasn't turned off by her appeal. Just an overall judgment of Fi, which I have too.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Example #2 - What functions is the coach demonstrating?

Last edited:

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely Fe. He seems like an ENFJ.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely Fe. He seems like an ENFJ.

really? was wondering if it was se...plus something but i really can't tell with him.

interesting.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
really? was wondering if it was se...plus something but i really can't tell with him.

interesting.

I have no idea what the functions could be either, but I find the clip pretty powerful. I don't know how to put it, but I feel like I can relate to the physicality of it ...using your body/physical environment and seeing (or really feeling and creating) a sense of purpose/meaning through your experiences. ...idk. That's how I like to think of it.

Jaguar

It's like asking someone who's listening to the London Philharmonic Orchestra to tell you what instrument is playing.