• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help type me!!!

What type am I?

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I went through a period of hollowness -- but it was a general absence of everything, really. I also had no goals. I have goals now and I am also not hollow now. So I don't think hollowness is my default...when I think back to a year ago I wasn't hollow. It was just a few months. I would call that time "depression" except that wasn't it, it was more like an absence of everything.

"he wants to suck all the thoughts out of their heads"

o_O what does that even mean?

I couldn't tell you for sure what that means, except that it sounds like an empty person wanting to fill his head with the thoughts of others. Or it could be he was just insanely curious to know what other people are thinking.

As for temporary feelings of hollowness, maybe you should look into borderline personality syndrome. I'm not saying you're that, but a hollow feeling inside which is not depression is a symptom of that.

An interesting fact about BPS is that it does not correlate with any particular type.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I take cog function tests I usually come out high on Ne, Se, Fi, Ti, and/or Te. It's really erratic. I've only posted a few results on this forum but I take that test about once a month, probably. Dichotomous tests are even worse, lol, I think I have tested as every type at least once!

That may be but that's not what I'm seeing from the tests on here ;) Specifically both the cog function results you posted have your Ne score as over twice your Se score. I don't give the tests that much credit, but I think a pattern that extreme is pretty significant.

In one of my past type-me threads there were quite a few reputable members, who know their stuff, typing me as INFP and ISFP. So I can't say Ne/Ti are that clear...

And to be honest I have no clue where these people are getting these other typings from, besides you confusing us by switching your type so many times.

I have considered xNTP just like every other type ;). I couldn't see myself as an NT, so I dismissed it. Perhaps out of ignorance.

Perhaps perhaps.... have you taken a pure temperament test before with the descriptions and stuff? http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...erament-color-sorter-types-blended-types.html this is one I posted a little while back that you have to self-score but it is pretty cool...

First impression was probably ISTJ. I tested that on the first online test I took -- don't remember which one it was. I thought it fit because I was going off stereotypes for each letter. I thought something like, "I fits because I spend a lot of time on the internet, which is an introvert thing. S fits because I'm taking hands-on lab courses. [Never mind that I don't actually LIKE them.] T fits because I don't have much idea of right and wrong. J fits because I plan and I get places on time." (second impression: ISFJ after I convinced myself I needed emotional connections and I thought that was Fe)

That doesn't count because you were already breaking things apart at that point (not to mention the reasoning was pretty off) ;) I'm talking of impressions here. Did the description of ISTJ even seem like you? Have you read through all of the descriptions?

I was never pretending on purpose. I just found myself changing my behaviour to match my type hypotheses... and that included my posting habits. I noticed this when I left the forum for 4-5 months and found that my RL behaviour changed based on what type I thought I was. Before I left, I had no personality, I was just hollow and took whatever mold I was given/ gave myself. I think I've fixed that...

I'm not pretending now -- not even unintentionally. In fact that was part of my motivation for starting this thread. Before posting each time I go through and double check the whole post, literally every word going, "Is this really true? Does it make sense? Does it apply to me?" etc. And from now on I'll do that with every post I make (like the one you repped -- that one was checked for accuracy too).

Good.... maybe we can finally get to the bottom of this then ;)

I still have problems differentiating between Se and Ne, so I'm definitely considering all 4 TP (toilet paper! ;)) types.

There have been many attempts to describe this difference on here and though the description for Se here isn't perfect, I think this post http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49937&p=1649444&viewfull=1#post1649444 gets pretty close to describing the difference.

Something else that made me suspect ISTJ:

In a thread I read when I was first learning about type, someone said that Si/Te people tended to like statistics. I like stats... even simple things like normal distributions, overall trends, etc. I don't like the data itself necessarily, it's all meaningless to me without a trend. I'm also very visual so graphs help me understand/interpret the data, and in the end interpretation is what I'm going for. Not the numbers themselves.

In this way I tend to like stats -- and back then I read a post where someone said it was an STJ thing... which further convinced me I was (I)STJ.

:laugh: Liking stats is not really an STJ thing.... especially not the way that you describe it. I like the aspects of stats that you describe as well.

I could say a lot more, but let's start with this...

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Now I'm thinking ESTP 3w2, with developed Fe.

Ti

Fe

Se/Ni (Si would put more importance into raw data, instead of patterns)

One of the best guesses yet. Agree 100% on the Ti and Fe. But wouldn't Ne also place importance on patterns, by perceiving them directly... while Se/Ni might perceive the instances directly and then later synthesize them into a pattern?

------

I couldn't tell you for sure what that means, except that it sounds like an empty person wanting to fill his head with the thoughts of others. Or it could be he was just insanely curious to know what other people are thinking.

As for temporary feelings of hollowness, maybe you should look into borderline personality syndrome. I'm not saying you're that, but a hollow feeling inside which is not depression is a symptom of that.

An interesting fact about BPS is that it does not correlate with any particular type.

I'll read about that. But I won't be choosing my enneagram type based on an anomaly rather than how I am most of the time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll read about that. But I won't be choosing my enneagram type based on an anomaly rather than how I am most of the time.

Like I said, BPS cannot be correlated to type. It could be that the hollow feeling is not "type worthy" either. But when I read how changeable you are, the first type that popped into my head was the 3.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Like I said, BPS cannot be correlated to type. It could be that the hollow feeling is not "type worthy" either. But when I read how changeable you are, the first type that popped into my head was the 3.

Ok, cool. Thanks for your input :)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of the best guesses yet. Agree 100% on the Ti and Fe. But wouldn't Ne also place importance on patterns, by perceiving them directly... while Se/Ni might perceive the instances directly and then later synthesize them into a pattern?
Yes. Ne is more fluid, but it works with patterns as well. I didn't want to mention that but, as a general rule, sensors tend to get mistyped as intuitives much more often than the opposite, so when I see someone auto classified as a sensor I put much more importance into the classification. That said, ENTP wouldn't be a bad guess, but for the reasons above stated, between ENTP and ESTP, ESTP seemed more likely. I think you should focus on ESTP and ENTP.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESFJ - Any attempt to explain would only lead to an arduous journey through my mind on numerous tangents ending somewhere where all become lost.

Also if you are under 26 (personal view) your personality is most likely in flux depending on the people you associate with in your daily life (something helpful in a user profile).

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Well, according to your descriptions, ExTP sounds about right. :yes: I lean towards ENTP due to passages such as these:

I generally don't speak in absolutes (e.g. "never"/"always"). Even if I haven't seen an exception to the absolute, I'm open to the possibility that one exists. So I leave room for the exception in my speech/writing to be more precise and/or accurate.
(Of course there's probably an exception to the rule that "all rules have exceptions"! lol)

I also account for things I can't imagine. A friend once made me promise that I would never do a certain thing, and I said I couldn't promise that, because I can't imagine all possible situations. e.g. there might be torture more painful than what I could imagine.
Kind of like this: http://xkcd.com/883/ -- I can imagine well enough that I imagine there are many horrible things I can't begin to imagine (kind of like: "I know enough to know how little I know", except with imagination)

I perceive the pattern more than the instance. For example, I'll understand something as happening "all the time", but when asked to point to a specific instance, I won't be able to remember one.

I love problem-solving. I see potential improvements everywhere, even when things are supposedly "fine". I am most myself when in the process of improving something... without that challenge, it's no fun, and I seek out a new problem.

BUT I really don't like the pseudo-"problem-solving" in my university courses... I don't like to do the same boring calculation over and over again with different numbers! That's not really problem-solving. To me, problem-solving does not involve a formula or a set method. I seldom know how I'm going to solve a problem until the solution jumps into my brain (comes out of nowhere, seemingly) while I'm doing something else.

I can't seem to think without writing/talking. Feedback from other people helps me develop ideas/solutions SO much better... I prefer to brainstorm aloud and collaborate.
Well... the extent of my planning is very general. Right now I have a few ideas for things I could do in the long term -- there used to be a lot more ideas but I narrowed them down. Then I made a plan to progress without closing any doors, by looking at future steps down several roads, but not all the way down any one road. I know I'll ultimately have to choose one option when the roads diverge too far.

I also think up a lot of projects, take them all on because they are all so exciting lol, and then leave them unfinished... I don't seem to have very good judgment in deciding which projects are the most worthwhile.

These all sound like Ne in action. Some of them are indicative of Pe in general, but the emphasis on fanciful possibilities (and identifying with xkcd characters' trains of thought ;)) are more slanted towards Intuition, IMHO. :)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't want to mention that but, as a general rule, sensors tend to get mistyped as intuitives much more often than the opposite, so when I see someone auto classified as a sensor I put much more importance into the classification.

So is this what's going on here.... this auto classication nonsense? :doh:

Okay this kind of approach may be good to start with with someone who does not provide nearly enough information...... except that Strychnine is already describing a clear preference for Ne, not just Pe undifferentiated :laugh: (it's not so obvious here, but there were a couple really blatant examples in her earlier threads...)

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
That may be but that's not what I'm seeing from the tests on here ;) Specifically both the cog function results you posted have your Ne score as over twice your Se score. I don't give the tests that much credit, but I think a pattern that extreme is pretty significant.

I don't think the tests I've posted here are representative. Sure, there's a pattern, but the data set is so limited.

And to be honest I have no clue where these people are getting these other typings from, besides you confusing us by switching your type so many times.

I switched my type because of their other typings! People whose type knowledge I trust suggested ISFP and INFP. They convinced me. That's not to say that everyone in this thread is wrong for not guessing IFP; you have different/more information now. I'm just saying why I chose ISFP for my type.

Perhaps perhaps.... have you taken a pure temperament test before with the descriptions and stuff? http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...erament-color-sorter-types-blended-types.html this is one I posted a little while back that you have to self-score but it is pretty cool...

I took some test where it listed stuff from each temperament and you had to see which applied the most to you. It was actually a pretty good test, but I can't find the link. I also took some career quiz one that was really long and it tells you which temperament you are in the classroom, in group settings, at work, etc. It was also good. And once again I can't find the link. lol

As for the one you posted:
Analysing Green 34
Dependable Gold 17
Action Orange 31
Empathetic Blue 33

I don't relate to the blends. And I don't relate too well to any of these: http://users.trytel.com/~jfalt/colours/falt-temp-full.html

"physical energy and social aggression"? No, definitely not. I'm not one of those "alpha" types that just make a whole lot of noise.

I'm also not all that "physical" or present. Even looking at the presence of some people on this forum... I'm not like that online, let alone IRL.

That doesn't count because you were already breaking things apart at that point (not to mention the reasoning was pretty off) ;) I'm talking of impressions here. Did the description of ISTJ even seem like you? Have you read through all of the descriptions?

Well that was what I got when I first learned about MBTI -- which is why the reasoning is so off. I didn't know much back then lol

I have read through all and INFP and ISFP seem the most like me. I still only relate to them like 50% so "most like me" isn't all that much like me. I relate mostly to the stuff about ISFPs being engaged with their "compositions" (things they create), always focusing on their tools of expression, etc.

I relate to ISTJ as well because (1) I'm really anal-retentive about all kinds of things. e.g. I CANNOT stand it when one document has multiple formatting types. I'm also really particular about my environment -- if people move things around so i can't find them I LOSE IT. (2) I don't like change. I like to listen to the same song over and over again. Once I did that for a whole 8 months in high school. It was like a drug. Addictive personality; not always running to the next thing like a real ExxP. I can watch old episodes of my favourite shows again and I don't get bored. I don't remember what happened in the first place anyway.

(Which brings me to another point about my shitty memory and the fact that I seem to store memories all out of order...)

Good.... maybe we can finally get to the bottom of this then ;)

There have been many attempts to describe this difference on here and though the description for Se here isn't perfect, I think this post http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49937&p=1649444&viewfull=1#post1649444 gets pretty close to describing the difference.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

:laugh: Liking stats is not really an STJ thing.... especially not the way that you describe it. I like the aspects of stats that you describe as well.

Ok cool :). I was wondering if there was a difference between looking at the data for the sake of overall trends as opposed to finding the data points themselves interesting. My brother, an ISTP, also likes stats but it seems to me he looks at the individual points first and then synthesizes them. Like Se first then Ni(/Ti?). Whereas I tend to, in one sweep, glance at the data and conjure up a picture in my head -- I forget the individual data points that contributed to that picture.

Oooops I rambled... :D

I could say a lot more, but let's start with this...

:)

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Yes. Ne is more fluid, but it works with patterns as well. I didn't want to mention that but, as a general rule, sensors tend to get mistyped as intuitives much more often than the opposite, so when I see someone auto classified as a sensor I put much more importance into the classification. That said, ENTP wouldn't be a bad guess, but for the reasons above stated, between ENTP and ESTP, ESTP seemed more likely. I think you should focus on ESTP and ENTP.

ah, good point.

ESFJ - Any attempt to explain would only lead to an arduous journey through my mind on numerous tangents ending somewhere where all become lost.

Also if you are under 26 (personal view) your personality is most likely in flux depending on the people you associate with in your daily life (something helpful in a user profile).

I am < 26.

ESFJ. A hypothesis without justification. I suppose this is an invitation for me to provide rationale for your conclusion, but I can't see ESFJ. Sorry.

Well, according to your descriptions, ExTP sounds about right. :yes: I lean towards ENTP due to passages such as these:

These all sound like Ne in action. Some of them are indicative of Pe in general, but the emphasis on fanciful possibilities (and identifying with xkcd characters' trains of thought ;)) are more slanted towards Intuition, IMHO. :)

Thanks Viridian! :)

haha xkcd seems pretty Ne. but I don't really find it that funny, I just like that one about the pain scale.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
There have been many attempts to describe this difference on here and though the description for Se here isn't perfect, I think this post http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1649444 gets pretty close to describing the difference.

It seems kinda biased to me. It sounds like "Se people can't produce any complicated thought whatsoever, and Ne people are creative geniuses!"

But I'll go through the post anyway. The points I leave out are the ones I thought were overly-biased.

Se
- Life is determined by impressions received from outside, to which they react with instinctual impulses
I lack significant physical instincts. The main actions I take are with words... I'm a good liar and I can get out of shitty situations with words. But not actions.

- Recognizes the wealth of ancestral experience & understands the meaning of traditional forms better than do individuals of other types, finding it difficult to develop other ways.
- Stick to experience, empiricists par excellence
I don't place much value on experience. I don't "learn by experience" -- this is why I hate lab work that's supposed to teach us "theory". Not a "hands on" kind of person.

- Doesn't lead exclusively to personal satisfaction of sensuous desires, but can drive him to dedicate his powers to service of a group he identifies with, even to sacrifice himself for it (ie. instinct to protect family physically).
The only causes I would die for are the ones that, if I failed at protecting them, I would die anyway. Which makes sense -- if I'm going to die anyway, I might as well die trying not to die.

- Good observers, often good storytellers, good at practical professions
I am a good storyteller (kind of like being a good liar, as I said above). But I tend not to describe physical details when i tell stories... more of a dialogue person. Not particularly observant/ hands-on.

- Often capable of discussing problems and theories of life, but more for the pleasure of the discussion than out of interest in the actual problems
I'm interested in the actual problems.

-realists, facts
I find facts useful to check my theories/hypotheses against, so I don't go off the deep end believing ridiculous/paranoid theories. So yeah, I'm pretty fact dependent.

I thought I would relate to more of them but, I guess not. Most of the points are biased so I left them out.

-------

Ne
- Stimulated by difficulties, for they are by nature combative

- They will discover fresh possibilities where others have failed
I see potential for improvement where most others don't -- this is true. But I'm sure they see it in areas where I don't so I don't think this is special.

- Take pride in seeing the possibilities of accomplishing something which others regard as impossible
Most of my acquaintences regard every remotely-novel suggestion as fundamentally impossible. I have been told, "No one will go for that", "That's not possible", etc. even after my idea was already confirmed to work. So again, I don't think this is that special; to do something others consider impossible is nothing at all because most people consider most things impossible -- even things that have been shown to work for decades (after all, we have denialists).

- [Ne] will often provide a solution in circumstances in which none of the other functions can find a way out
- they can get away with anything

As above -- being a good liar and having some ability to see through people helps. Also, in my most overconfident moments I can start to believe there is no problem I can't solve.

- their imagination continually suggests fresh possibilities
- May have great difficulty in managing themselves, owing to the constant invasion of fresh inspirations and impulses.

Sort of, but not continually. I have to dismiss most of them. I suck at applying judgment to determine which ones to pursue. I think this is a general Pe dom problem though... my life gets led by the ideas I generate. Whereas I think for Ji doms, they would have an internal vision of what they want first, then go out into the world and find what they need specifically. Whereas Pe doms have to apply judgment to select which ideas to pursue, after they've already been generated. And they all seem good, because apparently I have shitty judgment.

- Frequently better at taking the initiative in starting something than at finishing it, leaving others to profit from their idea
- Like to see quick results, and if failing that, their attention is readily distracted by something else
- Show more impulsive energy than concentrated will-power.

Newly-generated ideas always seem better, so I start various projects with enthusiasm before abandoning them. Again, though, this seems to apply to ESxPs as well.

-------
I also found this interesting:

Si in the Inferior Position

Si provides information about the fixed and stable, the facts / constancies of the universe. At it's best, it provides such information as a firm basis for proceeding forward into the world. Where Si occupies the inferior position (as it does for those with dominant Ne), it is strongly tainted with unconscious contents. In these cases, Si may manifest as negative/malevolent images of eternal tendencies in people and situations that will not change. Such tendencies may well be present, but inferior Si sees the part as the whole. Inferior Si is also linked to feelings of nostalgia, overwhelmingly vivid internal imagery and a selective recall of facts and memories that are highly emotionally charged.

The bolded is spot on. I get flooded with these thoughts involuntarily, when stressed for other reasons. It works like, "What's the use? People will never change." Usually I don't think like that at all -- I'm pretty optimistic and I generally believe that, whether or not people will change in ways I think are beneficial, I can generally live my life with options open. However, in these stressed moments I seem to lose all hope for change and solutions; it seems as if I have no options at all. I find patterns in people's behaviour that are constant... and then i start to believe that the problems caused by these patterns are insoluble because the root of the problem is human tendencies themselves. The tendencies might indeed be there but they're generally not unchanging, and I'm able to see them for what they are when not-stressed. The problem is that, when stressed, I jump to conclusions and lose my ability to distinguish some people from all people.

(I have observed that my ESFJ friend is like this when not stressed... he believes people/things are hopeless, will never change, etc. all the time. So I think this might be Si/Fe something....)

Thankfully I'm not stressed very often. :D

I also have "selective recall of facts and memories that are highly emotionally charged." I get flooding of unpleasant memories in a way that doesn't happen when I'm not stressed.

BUT

all of that might be confirmation bias since I'm considering the two ETP types and this matches up to one of them. It might also be very widely applicable and too general to be relatable to only (E)NPs.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP, I and P from the first post, N from somewhere in the middle, and T from the very last post just above. Probably Enneagram 6, judging by how much you think, you're probably in the head type, but you don't seem like 5 or 7, and I know a 6 who acts a bit like you in some ways (yeah, not the most reliable way to type you but whatev).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think the tests I've posted here are representative. Sure, there's a pattern, but the data set is so limited.

Why do you say this?

Analysing Green 34
Dependable Gold 17
Action Orange 31
Empathetic Blue 33

Did you look at the description for analyzing green? Do you still not like it? You are pretty close on all of these but at least this backs up my "totally not an SJ" theory ;)

I'm also not all that "physical" or present. Even looking at the presence of some people on this forum... I'm not like that online, let alone IRL.

I would almost say that this might have to do more with introversion than the temperments, except that you describe yourself as classically extraverted in that earlier post of yours. Maybe it's just a strong intuition preference.

I have read through all and INFP and ISFP seem the most like me. I still only relate to them like 50% so "most like me" isn't all that much like me. I relate mostly to the stuff about ISFPs being engaged with their "compositions" (things they create), always focusing on their tools of expression, etc.

Interesting. From your section on the intra/interpersonal you didn't seem to be an F in the slightest, but maybe I'm still missing something here.

(2) I don't like change.

Do you really? Or is it just specific sort of changes like the ones you list below?

I like to listen to the same song over and over again. Once I did that for a whole 8 months in high school. It was like a drug. Addictive personality; not always running to the next thing like a real ExxP. I can watch old episodes of my favourite shows again and I don't get bored. I don't remember what happened in the first place anyway.

This sort of stuff almost sounds like tertiary Si (present in INxPs) more than something of the SJ temperament. And it's even plausible behavior for an ENxP if the reason for the nonboredom was that it seemed new from the poor memory of it ;)

It seems kinda biased to me. It sounds like "Se people can't produce any complicated thought whatsoever, and Ne people are creative geniuses!"

Yeah there is a little bias in the language here. There should have been a couple of negative points added to the Ne side. But other than that I see little bias in the actual content of it.

Se
- Life is determined by impressions received from outside, to which they react with instinctual impulses
I lack significant physical instincts. The main actions I take are with words... I'm a good liar and I can get out of shitty situations with words. But not actions.

- Stick to experience, empiricists par excellence
I don't place much value on experience. I don't "learn by experience" -- this is why I hate lab work that's supposed to teach us "theory". Not a "hands on" kind of person.

- Doesn't lead exclusively to personal satisfaction of sensuous desires, but can drive him to dedicate his powers to service of a group he identifies with, even to sacrifice himself for it (ie. instinct to protect family physically).
The only causes I would die for are the ones that, if I failed at protecting them, I would die anyway. Which makes sense -- if I'm going to die anyway, I might as well die trying not to die.

- Good observers, often good storytellers, good at practical professions
I am a good storyteller (kind of like being a good liar, as I said above). But I tend not to describe physical details when i tell stories... more of a dialogue person. Not particularly observant/ hands-on.

- Often capable of discussing problems and theories of life, but more for the pleasure of the discussion than out of interest in the actual problems
I'm interested in the actual problems.

-realists, facts
I find facts useful to check my theories/hypotheses against, so I don't go off the deep end believing ridiculous/paranoid theories. So yeah, I'm pretty fact dependent.

Going by this, and all the stuff you said earlier, I don't think you are SP at all. The only thing that could match SP would be your last response but it could also simply be related to a T preference.

Ne
- They will discover fresh possibilities where others have failed
I see potential for improvement where most others don't -- this is true. But I'm sure they see it in areas where I don't so I don't think this is special.

- Take pride in seeing the possibilities of accomplishing something which others regard as impossible
Most of my acquaintences regard every remotely-novel suggestion as fundamentally impossible. I have been told, "No one will go for that", "That's not possible", etc. even after my idea was already confirmed to work. So again, I don't think this is that special; to do something others consider impossible is nothing at all because most people consider most things impossible -- even things that have been shown to work for decades (after all, we have denialists).

- [Ne] will often provide a solution in circumstances in which none of the other functions can find a way out
- they can get away with anything

As above -- being a good liar and having some ability to see through people helps. Also, in my most overconfident moments I can start to believe there is no problem I can't solve.

- their imagination continually suggests fresh possibilities
- May have great difficulty in managing themselves, owing to the constant invasion of fresh inspirations and impulses.

Sort of, but not continually. I have to dismiss most of them. I suck at applying judgment to determine which ones to pursue. I think this is a general Pe dom problem though... my life gets led by the ideas I generate. Whereas I think for Ji doms, they would have an internal vision of what they want first, then go out into the world and find what they need specifically. Whereas Pe doms have to apply judgment to select which ideas to pursue, after they've already been generated. And they all seem good, because apparently I have shitty judgment.

- Frequently better at taking the initiative in starting something than at finishing it, leaving others to profit from their idea
- Like to see quick results, and if failing that, their attention is readily distracted by something else
- Show more impulsive energy than concentrated will-power.

Newly-generated ideas always seem better, so I start various projects with enthusiasm before abandoning them. Again, though, this seems to apply to ESxPs as well.

Going by this, I am confused. You seem to have really strong Ne tendencies, and in the style of an ENxP. There's also some indication that you actually prefer these tendencies in yourself. But you seem to really underappreciate it, and I'm not sure if this may be more backup that it is your dominant function and you take it for granted, or if it's a strong secondary process that still has a slight flavor of disfavor due to ultimately favoring Ti (or Fi).

I'm pretty optimistic and I generally believe that, whether or not people will change in ways I think are beneficial, I can generally live my life with options open. However, in these stressed moments I seem to lose all hope for change and solutions; it seems as if I have no options at all. I find patterns in people's behaviour that are constant... and then i start to believe that the problems caused by these patterns are insoluble because the root of the problem is human tendencies themselves.
I also have "selective recall of facts and memories that are highly emotionally charged."

Yeah this all seems familiar as the stress response of being ENxP.

BUT
all of that might be confirmation bias since I'm considering the two ETP types and this matches up to one of them. It might also be very widely applicable and too general to be relatable to only (E)NPs.

Eh, I suppose so.... So to be on the safe side you could look at how the same sort of stuff might show up if you are ESTP: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nality-matrices/29094-form-inferior-esps.html

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
INTP, I and P from the first post, N from somewhere in the middle, and T from the very last post just above. Probably Enneagram 6, judging by how much you think, you're probably in the head type, but you don't seem like 5 or 7, and I know a 6 who acts a bit like you in some ways (yeah, not the most reliable way to type you but whatev).

My cat's a bit like me in some ways... am I a cat, too? ;)

Sorry, I just can't see introversion or NT for that matter. I think I'm a 7 with balanced wings. That said, 6 is more possible than INTP...

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Why do you say this?

because i've taken that test like 20 times and only posted two results here.

Did you look at the description for analyzing green? Do you still not like it? You are pretty close on all of these but at least this backs up my "totally not an SJ" theory ;)

I've bolded what I relate to:

I would almost say that this might have to do more with introversion than the temperments, except that you describe yourself as classically extraverted in that earlier post of yours. Maybe it's just a strong intuition preference.

Interesting. From your section on the intra/interpersonal you didn't seem to be an F in the slightest, but maybe I'm still missing something here.

I could be an F. I'm nice, I feel guilty all the time for causing the smallest harms to others, even for stepping on ants etc. I hold doors for people... I imagine a T would have no logical incentive to do so and would just let the door slam on other people. Once an elevator was broken and I put my arms in the door to stop it from closing on a dog. (It didn't detect things in the doorway -- that's what was broken.) I feed my cat regularly instead of letting it starve; for a T, what would be the logical reason behind feeding a pet? All it does is sit around, take plenty of shits, drink water and eat food, wasting your money. I would imagine a real T would just open the door one day and punt the little shit outside. I also try not to be racist, homophobic etc. b/c I like to see the world without biases; I would imagine that a T would have logical justifications for biases rather than trying to be humane by eliminating them. Sure, hate gives me energy (I suspect if I had enough hate I wouldn't even need food to stay alive) but it's not nice.

Do you really? Or is it just specific sort of changes like the ones you list below?

I hate change. If I could, I would live the same hour over and over again so there is nothing unknown I have to deal with. Bad memory would be less of an issue b/c over time I'd fully memorize the hour. I am terrified of the unknown/future... I like to improve things but I'd happily sacrifice all chance of progress to prevent regress, if I could.

This sort of stuff almost sounds like tertiary Si (present in INxPs) more than something of the SJ temperament. And it's even plausible behavior for an ENxP if the reason for the nonboredom was that it seemed new from the poor memory of it ;)

Yeah there is a little bias in the language here. There should have been a couple of negative points added to the Ne side. But other than that I see little bias in the actual content of it.

I do.

Going by this, and all the stuff you said earlier, I don't think you are SP at all. The only thing that could match SP would be your last response but it could also simply be related to a T preference.

Going by this, I am confused. You seem to have really strong Ne tendencies, and in the style of an ENxP. There's also some indication that you actually prefer these tendencies in yourself. But you seem to really underappreciate it, and I'm not sure if this may be more backup that it is your dominant function and you take it for granted, or if it's a strong secondary process that still has a slight flavor of disfavor due to ultimately favoring Ti (or Fi).

Or maybe, just maybe, it's not either my dominant or auxiliary?

I "underappreciate" it because it's useless. It offers no practical value whatsoever. It lets you dream up fantasy worlds only you care about. Business ideas no one will EVER go for. Project ideas no one will work with you on. Ever. Need food on the table? Ne can't help you there... unless by some near-miracle one of its ridiculous schemes intersects reality ever-so-slightly. This is what I've seen from the Ne users on this forum; I'm sure 1-in-1000000000000000000000000000000000000 NPs comes up with a cash cow and gets famous.

Sorry if that sounds mean, I'm just trying to show that I don't prefer it.

Yeah this all seems familiar as the stress response of being ENxP.

Funny thing, I also have negative Ne. It's the reverse of that where I get terrified by the unknown and try to drown out my anxieties with escapism. Then I try to look at what's stable but all I see is that shit I described in the negative Si response -- a bunch of horrible human tendencies that won't change. So what do i conclude? The known consists of said unchanging tendencies, and the unknown consists of the terrifying unknown. Where do I go? At least the present provides tools for escapism.

Those moments of stress are also moments of clarity, though. It's like I'm looking through a foggy, biased window all the time except when stressed.

Eh, I suppose so.... So to be on the safe side you could look at how the same sort of stuff might show up if you are ESTP: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nality-matrices/29094-form-inferior-esps.html

I don't like that one so I went back to the Lenore Thomson wiki to get this:

As an Inferior Function, Ni typically leads ESPs to either self-doubt or claim to a mystic vision--to see themselves as an oracle of transcendent truth, bypassing the need for finding things out through observation, reasoning, and putting ideas to a test.

I frequently assume things to be true without due testing, and I self-doubt. Whether that's because I'm a perpetually-stressed Se dom or an idiot is unknown.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You confuse me so much :laugh:

I could be an F. I'm nice, I feel guilty all the time for causing the smallest harms to others, even for stepping on ants etc. I hold doors for people... I imagine a T would have no logical incentive to do so and would just let the door slam on other people. Once an elevator was broken and I put my arms in the door to stop it from closing on a dog. (It didn't detect things in the doorway -- that's what was broken.) I feed my cat regularly instead of letting it starve; for a T, what would be the logical reason behind feeding a pet? All it does is sit around, take plenty of shits, drink water and eat food, wasting your money. I would imagine a real T would just open the door one day and punt the little shit outside. I also try not to be racist, homophobic etc. b/c I like to see the world without biases; I would imagine that a T would have logical justifications for biases rather than trying to be humane by eliminating them. Sure, hate gives me energy (I suspect if I had enough hate I wouldn't even need food to stay alive) but it's not nice.

LMAO.... Ts don't just go around letting doors slam on people and letting pets starve because these things are not 'logical'.... we're just more comfortable when dealing with situations that are not all feeling-loaded like this.

I hate change. If I could, I would live the same hour over and over again so there is nothing unknown I have to deal with. Bad memory would be less of an issue b/c over time I'd fully memorize the hour. I am terrified of the unknown/future... I like to improve things but I'd happily sacrifice all chance of progress to prevent regress, if I could.

I'm a little surprised at this. You see improvements everywhere and love to problem solve but still terrified of progress?

Or maybe, just maybe, it's not either my dominant or auxiliary?

Of course that is a 'maybe.' I'm thinking more of a tertiary now....

I "underappreciate" it because it's useless. It offers no practical value whatsoever. It lets you dream up fantasy worlds only you care about. Business ideas no one will EVER go for. Project ideas no one will work with you on. Ever. Need food on the table? Ne can't help you there... unless by some near-miracle one of its ridiculous schemes intersects reality ever-so-slightly. This is what I've seen from the Ne users on this forum; I'm sure 1-in-1000000000000000000000000000000000000 NPs comes up with a cash cow and gets famous.

Sorry if that sounds mean, I'm just trying to show that I don't prefer it.

:laugh: You make your point well. I've heard this sort of bs errrr, advice, all my life so I'm just amused by it by now. I am still confused by you but going by this last post I think you may be ESTJ, ENTJ, or ESTP. You treating feeling like an alien species, and all your emphasis on 'practical value' overall imply a Te dominant style or perhaps a blend of Se and Ti.

Maybe we could figure out your enneagram type better, lol. I would guess a type 6 as well, but what do you have to say about it?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
You confuse me so much :laugh:

I confuse myself, too!

LMAO.... Ts don't just go around letting doors slam on people and letting pets starve because these things are not 'logical'.... we're just more comfortable when dealing with situations that are not all feeling-loaded like this.

I don't think letting a pet starve is feeling-loaded... it's an economic decision. But ok, I see your point.

I'm a little surprised at this. You see improvements everywhere and love to problem solve but still terrified of progress?

No. I'm terrified of CHANGE. Not all change is progress.

Of course that is a 'maybe.' I'm thinking more of a tertiary now....

Either that or inferior. Probably inferior.

:laugh: You make your point well. I've heard this sort of bs errrr, advice, all my life so I'm just amused by it by now. I am still confused by you but going by this last post I think you may be ESTJ, ENTJ, or ESTP. You treating feeling like an alien species, and all your emphasis on 'practical value' overall imply a Te dominant style or perhaps a blend of Se and Ti.

It's not advice. I know NPs can't change the way they are so I wouldn't dream of suggesting they do. You can't turn off your Ne and you live your life by it... that's what an ego-orientation is, after all. It would be like asking you not to breathe.

Maybe we could figure out your enneagram type better, lol. I would guess a type 6 as well, but what do you have to say about it?

I relate more to the escapist 7w6 but sure, 6 is possible.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
7s are not the kind of type to dislike change the way you do. Ns can be practical, part of 7 is that they are practical people, and a large portion of 7s are actually Ne doms.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
7s are not the kind of type to dislike change the way you do. Ns can be practical, part of 7 is that they are practical people, and a large portion of 7s are actually Ne doms.

ok then I'm not a 7, but I'm not a 6 either. I don't relate to the 6.

-------------------

This is what I mean by shitty memory: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...19526-ne-mindmapping-memory-recollection.html

I relate to that whole thread, but especially this post:

I pretty much have no conscious memory. I rely on external tools to keep track of my obligations, things to do, things to remember, contacts, and so on.

Like others here, it seems that my focus is on summarizing events and abstracting details to the point where I can't consciously recall them unless something external triggers them.

I guess this speaks against being an SJ. I really do lack Si.