• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dana's Type?

Dana's type:

• Total voters

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Not like what my mom says about me means a god damn thing anyway ;)

I know I'm an INFP.

Sorry, Edahn. You lose. :tongue:

heart

heart on fire
I say "I think" all the time. It means I am using my brain to push ideas around, it doesn't mean I am using Thinking to make my judgements. ;)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I say "I think" all the time. It means I am using my brain to push ideas around, it doesn't mean I am using Thinking to make my judgements. ;)

Geoff was just pullin legs and yankin chains.

Right?

Right... I was...and one person responded as an INFP, and one as an INTP :devil:

By the way, if you search heart's posting history for feel / feeling it comes up 3 times as much as think / thinking.

Ok, I'll climb out the sandbox now.

heart

heart on fire
So Geoff, how often was I speaking of Feeling as function and how often was I saying "I feel" to describe a thought process of the mind? That's important. As self indentified feeler I would have a greater interest in threads that discuss feeling so of course I am going to have a higher rate of saying Feeling as opposed to thinking.

Dana is in college. When I was in college, it was automatic five points off any paper each time we wrote "I feel" instead of "I think." One could easily lose a LOT of points being careless like that. It can actually be said to be a mark of someone who has been through college more so than a marker for who is thinker or feeler, because popular culture so often says "I feel" to describe thoughts.

I am not agruing that Dana is Feeler or Thinker, only she can know this. But to say "I think" is not an indication of being a thinker or a feeler.

Sorry about the irritable Te response, I am deep into my taxes again. *sigh*

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Okay, here is another thing. You couldn't catch me dead reading books (or watching movies) for the romance. Power, wisdom, and adventure thrill me.. not "And then.. he so rapturously caressed her milky skin and tenderly..." :horor:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Okay, here is another thing. You couldn't catch me dead reading books (or watching movies) for the romance. Power, wisdom, and adventure thrill me.. not "And then.. he so rapturously caressed her milky skin and tenderly..." :horor:

Heh. Well... I am not sure that liking romantically/erotically charged, if sappy, fiction points to a type anyway. Just a basic human need, dealt with in a rather sappy way. Romance is more NF than NT, that's for sure... but this isn't evidence of it.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I just asked my mom if I make decisions based on values or logic and she said logic, definitely.

Hmm...

The INTP depth of feeling.. I am going to need to ask around to my fellow INTPs and see what I can find.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I still maintain that the values/logic dichotomy is worthless, because logic feeds into and forms values.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You know why I learn towards T? (By the way, I think introvert is a given)

Because your writing style always seems predigested and concise, as if you've considered what it is you want to express, and then digested the information several times before outputting the end result. To me, that's a very T-trait. I also think you tend to be skeptical about things that you hear, more so than the Fs.

If I were to "be" an INFP... I could change the way people think about INFP's... because perhaps the INFP commonly exhibits these behaviors.. and is consequently mistyped as INTP due to a gross misrepresentation of the INFP type. INFP's surely may be skeptics... I think it is the NP way..

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think we're getting into semantics, now. But, that's a good thing, but all these bullshit distinctions and divisions are only projected boundaries anyway. These words try to create hard divisions where no such divisions exist.

Wtfever.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It was my ignorance of Si that has caused this confusion... I didn't know much about Si, and thus was not aware that it is this function that evokes nostalgia, memories, and feelings of the past.. That is as far as my feeling stretches, as anyone who knows my intimately will attest to my impersonal approach to personal matters. I seek not harmony... but conformity with my own understanding and action and the truth.

INTP.

heart

heart on fire
Well, I just asked my mom if I make decisions based on values or logic and she said logic, definitely.

What does your Dad say?

Based on what you have said of your family, he seems the most likely one to give rational, analytical feedback.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Lol, I just asked him if I made decisions impersonally or personally and he said "Personally. Extremely so. To the Nth degree."

:rofl1:

Ugh. I resign myself to INXP.

Edit: But... Family is family. Lines are blurred, surely...

I am standing by INTP.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Lol, I just asked him if I made decisions impersonally or personally and he said "Personally. Extremely so. To the Nth degree."

:rofl1:

Ugh. I resign myself to INXP.

Yeah that X is a bugger. Join the club!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I will remain with INFP.

I do not feel haunted by doubt when I assume that type. I won't let this torture me for any longer than it has.

As athenian once said, if it's this hard to tell, then it really doesn't matter much.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
INFPs can be skeptical about ideas that don't make sense for sure. The difference is that the INFP will often try to see where the other person is coming from, despite the healthy and often very reasonable skepticism. The INTP will think (and if bold, say..).. "That idea doesn't make any goddamn sense! You are an idiot and I am not.. don't have a nice day."