• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me

Wrathgor

My MBTI type has been on my mind for at least a month, trying to figure out my type and check my acts/thoughts to compare them to some function but haven't figured out the definitive type (I reach a ''conclusion'' but I may self doubt it or even create more questions about it as I see myself using a ''shadow function'' of that type I thought I was and get pissed).
I know I could have come here earlier but I always had this thing that I could figure it out by myself (and I take pleasure figuring things out by myself and a nice ego boost) wich led me to take so much time to actually post. My mind was constantly in any free mind wander time or even when in some place that's boring me imagining how this post would be built and the possible reactions and the exploration of the functions (sometimes questions that I never consciously thought before came to my head when exploring this image in my mind).
I can say I have only two friends (one INTP and the other a ISTJ, they both self-typed themselves when I told them about it and they relate to them especially the INTP one) and I don't look for more and don't feel like I need more than those.
I play video games a lot and this comes since an early age (I can immerse on them and focus on them intensively) read articles about technology and sometimes science.
Since young age teachers and relatives keep saying I'm an underachiever and should explore my capability instead of sitting in from of the computer the whole day. I feel upset or slightly angry inside when I fail to figure something out or understand it, even greater if a friend of mine managed it and when I feel I am talking to someone smarter than me or at least better than me in that area but after i swallow my ego I may want to learn more with him.
I can show confidence when I have done the homework or intuitively know something but I stay quiet when I don't know but people may still get the idea I actually know what's going on.
One thing that backs me down a little is that sense I have that I know how X works or what X is but can't explain why or sometimes never seen it wich bothers me sometimes. I don't like crowded areas and in school I may be the first one going for the spot on the back of the classroom. I am self-reflective and I can sometimes be prone to beat myself for not reaching my expectations on something or how stupid I was in Y event and should have done better (mostly about social situations where I may get a little spotlight wich I am not comfortable). When I learn something or think about something I imagine how it's going to be and their possible reactions to it). I tend to not like most people and I can be somewaht socially awkward or unskilled. Just today I was walking home and heard what I think it was a hammer falling down and started having visions of it falling and hurting me or even worse (this happens also in situations like some huge industrial vehicle crossing me or a place where I see something can be harmful). I am not very emotional and most time I ''smile'' is probably fake/part of a mask or just a smirk. In pictures I always look bad with a serious analyzing look or a emotionless look as my ISTJ friends says I am.
When I am driven by something I won't leave it until it's cracked.
I will post my cognitive test results later today but feel free to discuss.

Wrathgor

Here is the Cognitive functions test results:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.7)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (36.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.8)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.7)

G

Glycerine

Have you looked at INTJ.. NiTeFiSe?
Have you looked at INTP...TiNeSiFe?

My best guess from the limited info is first INTJ, then INTP.

Wrathgor

Have you looked at INTJ.. NiTeFiSe?
Have you looked at INTP...TiNeSiFe?

My best guess from the limited info is first INTJ, then INTP.

From what i've read INTJ indeed seems to be the closest one but with a lower use of Se. Also I did an online test and that was the result but I won't go by that test.
Now could you tell me what kind of info you need?
I thought the text would be helpfull to pin down the fuctions I use.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what i've read INTJ indeed seems to be the closest one but with a lower use of Se. Also I did an online test and that was the result but I won't go by that test.
Now could you tell me what kind of info you need?
I thought the text would be helpfull to pin down the fuctions I use.

perhaps it would help to watch a few interviews of known INTPs and INTJs? (it seems pretty clear you're INT something)
http://typelogic.com/intp.html
http://typelogic.com/intj.html

Wrathgor

perhaps it would help to watch a few interviews of known INTPs and INTJs? (it seems pretty clear you're INT something)
http://typelogic.com/intp.html
http://typelogic.com/intj.html
I've read both but none fit me perfectly. I wonder if it's the work of any function and if so wich that when reading the descriptions would be construction or envisioning how my reply will be and what might come from there? I found myself many times at the school instead of paying attention to the class to be imagining how or something that happened that day would be written here and suddenly voices wich would bring different views on it would come (as another user replying) that would be interesting to explore but I end up not posting them at all).
Another thing that leaves me behind a little is that currently my life is pretty much playing video games, reasearch on some topic that interested me (currently mbti) and others articles about software/technology, being bored to death in school and possibly watch some serie I like.
Also, would it be a N trait in itself to be incredibly bad with tools?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ OR P without a doubt

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read both but none fit me perfectly. I wonder if it's the work of any function and if so wich that when reading the descriptions would be construction or envisioning how my reply will be and what might come from there? I found myself many times at the school instead of paying attention to the class to be imagining how or something that happened that day would be written here and suddenly voices wich would bring different views on it would come (as another user replying) that would be interesting to explore but I end up not posting them at all).
Another thing that leaves me behind a little is that currently my life is pretty much playing video games, reasearch on some topic that interested me (currently mbti) and others articles about software/technology, being bored to death in school and possibly watch some serie I like.
Also, would it be a N trait in itself to be incredibly bad with tools?

I know I am lol
actually, I was more suggesting you watch interviews of INTPs and INTJs than reading the descriptions.