• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Oh WAAAAAHHH, you're not an INFJ!"

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you think I'm mistyped, bitch and moan here. In fact, I'm putting this in my signature.

So now you can quit fuckin up my srs INFJ bsnss threads now.

:yays:

(Thx [MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION] for the idea)

G

Glycerine

Why should it matter? Own it! I could buy you as INFJ just a upbeat, energetic one.... the 3w4 definitely flavors it. I am eNFJ and also suffer from the affliction that goes by the name of "foot in the mouth" disease. LOL :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know of an INFJ that posts like you on PerN. She's INFJ 8w9 something/something, but she's a bit more abrasive.

They wanted to call her ESFP based on her posts but you know what? Screw the haters; be INFJ hur dur.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know of an INFJ that posts like you on PerN. She's INFJ 8w9 something/something, but she's a bit more abrasive.

They wanted to call her ESFP based on her posts but you know what? Screw the haters; be INFJ hur dur.

thinking someone is a different type =/= being a hater

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
thinking someone is a different type =/= being a hater

That's effectively boxing someone into what your perceived mental model of a person is, hence = hater

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's effectively boxing someone into what your perceived mental model of a person is, hence = hater

no it isn't. it's a guess, a guess that happens to be of a different opinion.
having a different opinion =/= being a hater unless one is saying that one type is better than another. ideally, typology should be a neutral subject and a different opinion shouldn't suggest one type to be better than another

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

*ironic paradox implosion due to comment made on a typology forum in a typing channel in a typing thread insisting you're a hater if you try to type people*

Boi, u so crazy.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You come across more xSxP to me, but I don't know you that well... Can you tell us why you think you're INFJ?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Keke... This wasnt quite what I imagined but glad I could help [MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] :D

You know you sound even more ESTP in your OP than those Other threads right? :lAugh:

I would love to hear how you internally process the world and how people perceive you IRL. I only know older INFJs and the 1 INFJ i knew in college was and is very quiet and more ijscrutable than you come off on the forum. Its just anecdotal but I want to hear moar!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Keke... This wasnt quite what I imagined but glad I could help [MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] :D

You know you sound even more ESTP in your OP than those Other threads right? :lAugh:

I would love to hear how you internally process the world and how people perceive you IRL. I only know older INFJs and the 1 INFJ i knew in college was and is very quiet and more ijscrutable than you come off on the forum. Its just anecdotal but I want to hear moar!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The main reason I doubt you are a real INFJ is because of your misunderstandings in this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49904&p=1644550 , and in this post in particular. Typing yourself as what you are like when at your worst is at best the opposite of what personality types are about and at worse self-destructive, because then all it takes for you to become most you is total mental breakdown.

But if you are finally typing yourself by who you are at your best, I would take it more seriously. Ask yourself honestly, "am I primarily an introverted intuitive?" "what positive aspects of extraverted feeling do I display on a regular basis?"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Aileen is not an INFJ, either. :dry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mr.Cockburn's motives for typing herself as INFJ seem to stem from her learning to placate people in business in order to achieve tactical ends, which screams either Se or Te to me, not Fe.

Essentially she's either tapped into her tert Fe as an ExTP (they usually learn to use it for people-manipulating purposes first) or she's mistaken that she's actually using pseudo-Fe to achieve her Fi/Te ends.

Motives are not Fe at all.

Behavior screams Pe, not Pi.

That's all I have to say. I believe it's obvious.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ certainly seems to be the number one type that a lot of people using very dubious reasoning glom onto. I still don't understand why, honestly.

It's not as glamorous as you think. We tend to be hypersensitive and obsessive, people think we can be taken advantage of, we're prone to depression, we freak out when people misunderstand us, and we suffer too much from "always right" syndrome and the like. We're not really snowflake-y psychics. It's interesting, but it's not a barrel of laughs.

Seriously people, just because it's supposed to be the rarest type doesn't make it the Holy Grail.

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have a hard time believing it just from the way you interact in the forum.

INFJ's tend to be quieter - yes we can be rowdy, but it isn't "normal" - the phrase "still waters run deep" I think applies to the INFJ in particular. We also tend to be very honest in our communication methods, and excel at written communication - here I can best organize my thoughts, and say exactly what I mean :)

So for me, the way I type reflects my personality "at rest" as it were - yes, I can definitely be more extroverted, and depending on what is said in a thread I may reflect different attitudes.

But you seem rather.. over the top, for an INFJ.

I have a hard time reconciling your style of writing with that of an INFJ - you can run a simple comparison yourself. Look at some of Silk Road's, Z Buck McFate's, Lily Flower's or my posts - any of the INFJ's on this site really. You'll notice a lot of similarities.

And your posts stand out in stark contrast to them. Not similar at all. Granted, INFJ's do learn to be more careful about how they present themselves, but it's rare for someone to be that complete of an actor as to represent themselves as something entirely different. More to the point, it's draining to "act" differently, and as the internet bears no recriminations, it's not harmful to be honest - that's one of the things I like MOST about this site.

So for the above reason. I would submit that you are not an INFJ.

It's not an exclusive club; it's not because we want to keep you out :p

It's because it seems obvious that your niche is elsewhere.

Last edited:

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
INFJ certainly seems to be the number one type that a lot of people using very dubious reasoning glom onto. I still don't understand why, honestly.

It's not as glamorous as you think. We tend to be hypersensitive and obsessive, people think we can be taken advantage of, we're prone to depression, we freak out when people misunderstand us, and we suffer too much from "always right" syndrome and the like. We're not really snowflake-y psychics. It's interesting, but it's not a barrel of laughs.

Seriously people, just because it's supposed to be the rarest type doesn't make it the Holy Grail.

THIS.

rav3n

The thtern, falthe prophet ith here to thave the day!

Violaine, fidelia, cascadeco are three female INFJs that come to mind. Now if we were to add sircockburn to this list, does the pattern hold?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I wanted to be INFJ for awhile, but then I realized almost everything I thought was characteristic of INFJ was really INFP

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJs strike me as some of the most private, guarded people, with a definite mind toward either getting along with others, or if not, of at least a certain measure of decorum, somehow. Even the ones who seem darker or edgier are this way.

I'm not against Cockburn being INFJ because she's not proper enough or nice enough or something ridiculous like that...it's just that doesn't fit the pattern at all, even to be a "meaner" INFJ or something.