• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Oh WAAAAAHHH, you're not an INFJ!"

Starry

I test ENTJ on just about every test, including being "professionally" diagnosed as that by an in-person practitioner (this was before I knew anything about MBTI - my class just required that.)

Usually 55-60% E and 90-100% T. :blink:

I am limbic on the Big 5 scale though. Sometimes I wonder if that's what makes me think I'm an F.

Well...I mean...ENTJ makes a little more sense...imho...(sorry I'm not being very helpful here). At least on the forum you come across as ExTx. You do seem like a Perceiver as well...HOWEVER...I know that ADD & ADHD can present itself in this same way. So I'm assuming you don't identify with the ENTJ descriptions? Nor ESTP? ESTPs are AWESOME!!!

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
You do not strike me as an INFJ at all. If you are, you are perhaps the least kind one alive.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I test ENTJ on just about every test, including being "professionally" diagnosed as that by an in-person practitioner (this was before I knew anything about MBTI - my class just required that.)

Usually 55-60% E and 90-100% T. :blink:

I am limbic on the Big 5 scale though. Sometimes I wonder if that's what makes me think I'm an F.

Okay if you test as ENTJ on nearly every test, you may need to stick with at least two of those letters, if it's so consistent.

I largely test as INFP, then ENFP, ISFP and ESFP.

I can't be anything but FP, but that's also due to function theory (I bleed Fi/Te) ...yet seriously F and P are my strongest letters, and I/E my weakest.

Limbic could make you think you were F, because it would make you more sensitive to stimuli and reactive.

I think you should keep the T, Sir Cockburn.

That's mos def the letter you should keep, above all others. :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well...I mean...ENTJ makes a little more sense...imho...(sorry I'm not being very helpful here). At least on the forum you come across as ExTx. You do seem like a Perceiver as well...HOWEVER...I know that ADD & ADHD can present itself in this same way. So I'm assuming you don't identify with the ENTJ descriptions? Nor ESTP? ESTPs are AWESOME!!!

Her invitation for people to bitch and cry here and her proud display of "Lawful Evil" tend to make me lean toward ENTJ or ESTP as well.

I think ESTP explains a lot, actually.

If she's ENTJ she could be in a Te/Se loop, producing excess of the Se. :shrug:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now everyone's sounding like Elfboy as to what type he thinks the other person is.

Sheesh just leave [MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] alone; it's not like that INFJ is YOUR type, it's hers and what she decided on (unless she asks for your opinion then that's a different story).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
She did ask for our opinion. That's the purpose of this entire thread.

If she's an INFJ, I'm a Roman Catholic nun.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol thanks [MENTION=11928]Uwace[/MENTION] - but I did start this thread so they could take all their assumptions about my type away from topics where I just want a straight answer to other questions.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay...let me put it to you this way...wouldn't it make sense that some of us on this board stand out as having kind of...over-the-top...energy?

And that frenetic energy just might all be linked to Se, just maybe?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You do not strike me as an INFJ at all. If you are, you are perhaps the least kind one alive.

Where do you get the idea that I'm not kind? :thelook:

And the most attention seeking.

:doh: Not my fault people refuse to accept my INFJness (including YOU, lady).

Her invitation for people to bitch and cry here and her proud display of "Lawful Evil" tend to make me lean toward ENTJ or ESTP as well.

I think ESTP explains a lot, actually.

If she's ENTJ she could be in a Te/Se loop, producing excess of the Se. :shrug:

Why rule out ENFP or ENTP? I only doubt ExFP because Fi, to me, is batshit crazy. I don't get it and don't get why it exists. Not to devalue it - just that it's not my native language at all. Fe I can at least see the purpose of. It makes people more compliant and enables you to accomplish things much easier - as opposed to having to break your back for average results like the average Joe. Or worse, making enemies that completely obstruct your goals.

Fe is like yeast - can't make bread (as in $$$) rise without it. It can also make people sick, but it's still necessary.

And I'm not a Te-dom, so we can rule that out immediately.

If there's going to be any debate about the legitimacy of my INFJ typing, then here are my proposed alternatives:

- ENFJ
- ENTP
- ESTP (but I'm really not Se dom. I didn't even develop Se until later in life, and then I went crazy with it. :biggrin:)
- ENFP, if we can just ignore the F part and assume Ne-Te loop.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you went crazy with Se by the age of 21, you are not an INxJ. It would be your inferior function.

I'm not giving you your definitive type by any stretch of the imagination, but on the other hand I do not buy you as INFJ in the slightest.

You've admitted yourself that "Fe is a chore" and that by your early 20's you're already "going crazy with Se."

ENTJ, ESTP, ISTP, ESFP....

Do you really think you'd be an Fe dom if Fe is a chore?

My reference to your attention seeking is not simply in reference to you questioning type or making threads. It's your whole presentation, which is decidedly un-INFJ-like..

You have so much Pe.

I see more similarity between you and me than to any INFJ on this entire forum. Not that I think we're the same type, but I'm saying it's much more likely that you're an Se or Ne type.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you went crazy with Se by the age of 21, you are not an INxJ. It would be your inferior function.

I'm not giving you your definitive type by any stretch of the imagination, but on the other hand I do not buy you as INFJ in the slightest.

You've admitted yourself that "Fe is a chore" and that by your early 20's you're already "going crazy with Se."

ENTJ, ESTP, ISTP, ESFP....

Do you really think you'd be an Fe dom if Fe is a chore?

My reference to your attention seeking is not simply in reference to you questioning type or making threads. It's your whole presentation, which is decidedly un-INFJ-like..

You have so much Pe.

I see more similarity between you and me than to any INFJ on this entire forum. Not that I think we're the same type, but I'm saying it's much more likely that you're an Se or Ne type.

Then why did you rule out the ENTP and ENFP from your menu? Do I not have an N flavor?

EDIT: I went nuts with the Se around 14-15. It's mellowing out much more now. IDK though - I had a really strict upbringing by my adoptive father when he got sole custody of me at 13, so I wonder if that was just more general rebellion than anything having to do with Se. Or if acting out rebellion (as opposed to entertaining the thought of it) is inextricably linked with Se... :thinking:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't entirely rule out ENTP. It's just that going crazy with Se would apply more to the Se types or to ENTJ in my guesses for you.

You could be ENTP.

Se or Ne type, with tertiary Fe, would make sense...ergo, ExTP.

Or ISTP if you don't think you're an Se dom.

I doubt FP if you feel like Fi is a foreign country. You also don't seem to have Fi "sensitivity" or "touchiness" like an Fi dom/aux, despite your stated high limbic score.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't entirely rule out ENTP. It's just that going crazy with Se would apply more to the Se types or to ENTJ in my guesses for you.

You could be ENTP.

Se or Ne type, with tertiary Fe, would make sense...ergo, ExTP.

Or ISTP if you don't think you're an Se dom.

I doubt FP if you feel like Fi is a foreign country. You also don't seem to have Fi "sensitivity" or "touchiness" like an Fi dom/aux, despite your stated high limbic score.

Yeah, ISTPs = strong and silent type.

I think you can see where I don't qualify. :rofl1:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You funny funny woman mrcockburn.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Missed this one...

Yes, I have ADHD. A pretty bad case of it, too. Was diagnosed with it in elementary school, and haven't much grown out of it, aside from the fact that I don't kick things over accidentally as a result of fidgeting too much anymore. :biggrin:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Wait [MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] if you test repeatedly as ENTJ how in the world do you get INFJ?? :huh:

The audacity of some ESTPs :alttongue:

i think [MENTION=9251]Jonnyboy[/MENTION] also read your thread about how you dumped your ENTJ bf. You big meanie ;)

You dont seem insulted or hurt by these posts just aggravated people disagree with you. How dare we! And you dont give a dang, you are digging your heels in and going :harhar: in our faces. Playfully but also defiantly. Sounds like ESTP.

:laugh:

"Lllluuuuuuke! I am your Fader!"

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION]

Even the more textually verbose among our kind, or the more tapped-into-inner-ESTP of our kind may operate with palpable energy --BUT just in short, quick bursts. We tend to use a measured speech punctuated by a lot of pauses. There is nothing in your online presentation that suggests you and the INFJ type have anything substantial in common, but your interest is groovy.

If you have Ni, it's being held under the chokeline by Se & Fe with a fucking vengeance. Seriously.

Also, do you actually care what your type is or is this just for grins or both?

[MENTION=11928]Uwace[/MENTION]

Were you aware that this forum is known as Typology Central? And that mrcockburn created this thread in order to solicit peer typing? #factcheck#

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why rule out ENFP or ENTP? I only doubt ExFP because Fi, to me, is batshit crazy. I don't get it and don't get why it exists. Not to devalue it - just that it's not my native language at all. Fe I can at least see the purpose of. It makes people more compliant and enables you to accomplish things much easier - as opposed to having to break your back for average results like the average Joe. Or worse, making enemies that completely obstruct your goals.

Fe is like yeast - can't make bread (as in $$$) rise without it. It can also make people sick, but it's still necessary.

And I'm not a Te-dom, so we can rule that out immediately.

If there's going to be any debate about the legitimacy of my INFJ typing, then here are my proposed alternatives:

- ENFJ
- ENTP
- ESTP (but I'm really not Se dom. I didn't even develop Se until later in life, and then I went crazy with it. :biggrin:)
- ENFP, if we can just ignore the F part and assume Ne-Te loop.

Based on your earlier post talkign about patterns, that sounded like strong Ne to me - something INFJs are not known for, but xNxPs have. Since you see a lack of Fi, then its probably safe to rule out the xNFPs from your possibilities. Your description of how you use Fe also sounds a bit more like how a thinker would use it as a suplimental process ("I seem to understand social norms, now how can I use this to my benefit" - if that sounds like you, then I would consider the possibility of being an xNTP - an ENTP uses Fe as their tertiary function, and INTPs use Fe as their inferior function.

paraphrasing from "was that really me" by Naomi Quenk

INFJs under stress tend to display their inferior function (Se) in the following ways.
Obsessive focus on external data
Overindulgence in sensual pleasures
Adversarial attitude toward the outer world

INTPs have the following traits under stress...
Logic emphasized to extreme
Hypersensitivity in relationships
Emotionalism

ENTPs have the following traits under stress...
Withdrawl and depression
Obsessiveness
Focus on the body​

These are what Quenk considers to be the more common reactions to extreme stress of those types, and at least in my case, I exhibit one of my inferior INFP traits strongly and the other two svery seldom, so don't take as a all ____ type do this.

Hope that gives you something to consider - best of luck in your search for self.