• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jesus, intuitor or sensor?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Could I be ENTJ, or ENTP? I sure do think I use my Ne a damn lot. And that's what my cognitive test says, also. Done some thinking for a few hours, analyzing myself. Very egocentrical, yes. But this is somewhat of a personality crisis ;)

Can anyone throw a bunch of smart questions at me, to see if i'm J or P?

- My home is messy most of the time. I see it, but I only do something about it if i'm to have company. Nowdays it's mostly neat, though, since I got together with this girl a month back and i'm still trying to impress her.

- When I work I usually do it in some kind of leadership role, whether it's technical, organizational or if i'm the one coming up with all the new ideas. I always do the alpha-male thing. Sometimes people are offended because i'm younger than they are, but I can put up a great fight. Either I win or I retire. I hate being in the back, and I don't stick around for very long if I can't be in a position of relative independence or leadership.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
This test says I should consider ENTJ and INFJ. I've always identified most with the ENTJ description but frowned on it, because they seem so heartless(somebody will no doubt start beating the living crap out of me for saying that). And I am not heartless. And I can be quite impulsive, but I do like to plan things. I've got my life figured out already, with plans in a few different directions.

Well, I'm going to latch on to this quote and ask you if you are sure of your thinking preference. I went on a long time thinking I was an INTJ because I was not an overly-emotional kind of person and I'm not big on "sharing feelings". However, after sitting down and looking at the patterns in my past, it was kind of obvious I am a F and not a T, but because I knew I was an intelligent and rational person I confused it with being a T. I would always read the INTJ description and agree with a lot of it. One day during a session in career counseling I apparently tested as INFJ (using the real MBTI test). It never occurred to me that even though I do consider myself a "supreme strategist" all my strategies always involved people and humanity on a very personal level rather than an impersonal one. So again, being an F doesn't mean you aren't smart. I make higher grades than most Ts (except for those damn INTPs who don't need to take notes or study to pass a test ::shakes fist::) I'm not saying I think you are an F, I'm just sharing my personal history in figuring out my type in hopes of helping you. Another example of how confusion can arise is pointed out in a couple of books. They say that INFJs are often confused as extraverts because of their Fe; so maybe explore cognitive functions some more keeping this in mind.

As for P/J, this should be very easy for you. Don't think too hard about it. They say this is the preference that we are able to hide the least. Of course everyone wants to have some sort of plan laid out, but it all depends on how married you are to it. Viktor Frankl discussed that if man cannot look to the future with hope or expectations he slowly loses his will to live (as he observed with his time as a prisoner in a concentration camp). As a J type I absolutely hate going into things spontaneously without knowing what exactly will be happening. I make plans and stick to it. If someone ran up to me and said "Hey, we all just decided to go to Austin! It's going to be FUN! Wanna come?" I would say no within 2 seconds. My P best friend makes plans as well, but she is much more flexible and adaptable than I am. Through discussions I have had here at college, my friends and I have determined that Ps and Js differ on the way they go about doing assigments. Strong Ps tend to get hyped when starting projects (such as a paper) but the hard part for them is forcing themselves to actually finish it. For strong J types, the hard part is actually starting the project (the introduction paragraph! :doh:) and then it's a breeze from there. This would most likely be due to a Js need for closure; once I can get myself started on something I want to finish it ASAP or it will just haunt me in the back of my mind until I do. What kind of people do you butt heads with the most? Ps or Js?

You probably know if you are an E or I, so I wont dive too far into that. The simplest way to know is by determining "how you recharge your batteries", which I'm sure you have heard a thousand times. Also, how much stimulation you require could help you determine. If you have a hard time watching movies with slow and intricate plots and instead prefer quick paced films that don't dwell, you are most likely an extrovert.

N or S is complicated to me, because I have a hard time telling if other people are S's or N's. I haven't developed a proper schema for figuring that out in other people. I've noticed most sensors don't buy into the MBTI as much because of how it is heavily based on theory. I actually made a guy take the Keirsey temperament sorter and read off the ESTJ profile from Please Understand Me II. He agreed with everything it said except maybe one or two (which is normal), and when he left he refused to acknowledge its accuracy because it was just an "unproven theory". The only way I can think to illustrate it was an incident I had last night with a sensor. We were talking about how in the Bible Joseph simply disappears and we never know what happens to him. Some people questioned this, but he assured them that what happened to him is nowhere in the Bible. I said "I was watching a show once and they proposed the possibility that he was old by the time he married Mary, and since people died much younger then he died of old age during the time gap of Jesus' childhood to adulthood." He snapped back at me and said "Well, again the Bible doesn't say so we don't know." I replied "Sorry, I just thought it was an interesting theory that I would throw on the table. I wasn't claiming it to be true." He said there was no use considering a theory that had no evidence. If he wasn't a paraplegic I would have bitched him out.

Hope I could help. Good luck finding your "best fit type"! :hi:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wedekit, thanks for the time you laid down on that. =) Roses for you, big fat steel-toed boot for the lazy bastards who were gonna but didn't write ;)

I'm sure about my thinking preference, and I've got it figured out now after some intense reading and thinking. I have a very weakly dominant J, almost borderline. That's why i'm messy but still display most of the usual J things like being on time no matter what, providing structure and so forth for others and being annoyingly orderly outwards wheter I want it or not :happy:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My sis is actually a J (which took forever to figure out) and she's not particularly organized all of the time :) That girl is RULED by Fe though- and all of the functions make sense in the fact that she actually is a Judger.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Wedekit, thanks for the time you laid down on that. =) Roses for you, big fat steel-toed boot for the lazy bastards who were gonna but didn't write ;)

I'm sure about my thinking preference, and I've got it figured out now after some intense reading and thinking. I have a very weakly dominant J, almost borderline. That's why i'm messy but still display most of the usual J things like being on time no matter what, providing structure and so forth for others and being annoyingly orderly outwards wheter I want it or not :happy:

I'm a J and currently my room is a wreck, though I consider myself a strong J. My external world is not as structured and orderly as my internal world. If you are an E and a J, that means your primary function must either be Te or Fe and your secondary must be Ni or Si, and so on. Run with that.