• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would you type me as ?

Usurper

Hello everyone, some time ago I came across the MBTI, and I thought it was quite interesting, I did some research on it and it seems that it is not really widely accepted by the scientific community, I mean it was made by two individuals with little to no scientific background based upon the psychological writings of one of the earliest and least scientific psychologist, however I also found that in some cases it can show similarities between people, but that would likely be true for any test one would compile and then hand out. If a certain amount of people answer similar questions, then surely they have something in common, right ?

Despite this, for what ever reason, I am still interested in what my type would be, and I found the online tests to be a bit iffy, I'd rather be typed by people who actually read Jung and his work or have a deeper understanding of the whole concept.

Anyway I guess I'd start with some of my external characteristics/characteristics I display in the outer world. In school I never had a problem with authority or listening, I am always courteous, when I first did some work in a company I was quite orderly and shy/introverted, for some reason, I am a bit too careful/scared in informal environments (though the place I worked at was quite formal and full of friendly people).

At home however I am very unorderly, I don't care if the environment is well structured here (my room is more often than not a mess).
Even though I often listened and was well mannered in school (excluding some periods, where I liked to chat since I was comfortable with the subject) I was not really studious, when I came home I didn't care much for school, I usually played video games or passed the time in an other way, I was not that terrible in school, quite average (looking at the general population, however I would type myself as terrible though, I even failed one class in HS because of depression/depersonalization for which I never sought any help for or did anything about, I was kinda out of it)

Despite being seemingly more on the introverted side, I was never really asocial in HS, I am quite funny and did like to chat with some people, however I never went to any parties or cared about them or their social lives, I still mainly have the same friends I got in grade school, not really caring much about the people I met in HS.

Some of my internal characteristics would be that I am always thinking about the future but never really preparing for it, well sometimes I do, but sometimes I just force myself to stop thinking about it, since my mind wandering in the future and contemplating future possibilities becomes tiresome and annoying. I am very picky and certain about stuff like consumer items, I will never settle for a lesser item if something better is available to me. I don't seem to like my age group that much (late teens), I only really like children since they appear to be so unspoiled and well behaved to me, and some adults.

From fictional characters I guess I would compare myself to Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment in certain aspects, however my brain seems to be too scattered (not that I really want it that way, I am trying to better myself in that aspect, slowly).
From real life figures I can not find anyone to compare myself too.

Give it a shot if you will, also feel free to ask anything if you are interested.