• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would I figure out if I am Fi or Ni dom?

G

Glycerine

I personally use Fe as a people thermometer. I watch people's actions and words as a starting point to see what sort of reaction I would get from the person depending what course of action I take. I see it as "cause and effect" with people. I react to the person based how they react to me and sometimes the social norms and rules can be a good starting point but not the end all be all. With Ni in second place, I look for patterns and overall meaning of the observations I have made. I approach math class the same way with the "cause and effect" and pattern recognition approaches.

INFJs would probably have some some of internal vision (Ni) and use Fe as a vehicle to get whatever vision realized into the real world. Ni is the boss to Fe in the INFJ. However this is way simplified and both types do a mix of both descriptions.

If you don't relate to the calculated, deliberate nature, then chances are you are not a J.

Bamboozle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You see I can agree with both examples, I enjoy studying humans and there movements and body language, and seeing how they interact with each other. On the other hand I can't know what their feeling without talking to them or seeing them talk to someone. I think I perceive a great amount I am always formulating and looking around as I walk, constantly thinking about everything and the way it works and the science behind it.

So I think technically I judge, but not in harsh way (at least I think) I make judgements to myself about people, and I make judgements about myself to keep me on a track.

But in order for me to judge I need to perceive then I judge it. I am always taking new information in even when I am not trying. I agree with the fact that (at least I heard) Ni is suppose to planning kind of thing, you focus on something and make plan and the route that is going to take you to get there.

But technically that means I know what I want? Idk I am confused. =/

Thanks everyone again.

This might be a wild guess, but I'm going to guess dominant Ni; secondary Fe. Which would make you an INFJ.

I should clarify first though: in MBTI terms, 'judging' is not about value judgements. It's more about how you try to understand the world. As an INTP, my first function is Ti (a judging function). When I try to understand things, I feel safer starting from an hypothesis or some base of knowledge and comparing it to new information. My perceiver friends are much happier to jump in and observe. They figure out the world by watching — by figuring out patterns. One friend in particular, an Ni-dominant, will create patterns to explain what is happening but then just as easily discard those hypotheses. It's all about observation, guessing and looking again. I hate to admit it but…in comparison to her, I hate guessing!

Also, what you said about not liking confrontation…it's hard to say since a lot of types don't like confrontation. On the other hand, INFJs can be sensitive to confrontations in ways specific to their functions. I've heard one former INFJ say that they used to sense confrontation coming before anyone else —*even the participants of the conversation. They could almost feel it in the air. They'd always feel compelled to step in and stop the explosion of emotions; stop one person from pushing the other over the edge. Not saying that it's the same for all INFJs, though. They do seem particularly sensitive to how people feel though. I think it's their capacity to observe patterns, combined with an adaptable sense of how people express their feelings. Just a guess from an INTP with little dodgy Fe, though :p.

(Also, Ni is not always about planning. It is when it's combined with Te. Dominant Ni, secondary Te makes an INTJ. The Te planning is to make the INTJ's Ni-visions real. That's how I understand it.)

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I personally use Fe as a people thermometer. I watch people's actions and words as a starting point to see what sort of reaction I would get from the person depending what course of action I take. I see it as "cause and effect" with people. I react to the person based how they react to me and sometimes the social norms and rules can be a good starting point but not the end all be all. With Ni in second place, I look for patterns and overall meaning of the observations I have made. I approach math class the same way with the "cause and effect" and pattern recognition approaches.

INFJs would probably have some some of internal vision (Ni) and use Fe as a vehicle to get whatever vision realized into the real world. Ni is the boss to Fe in the INFJ. However this is way simplified and both types do a mix of both descriptions.

If you don't relate to the calculated, deliberate nature, then chances are you are not a J.

Wow that helped me majorly, I do a mix of both, but I am definitely agreeing with Ni's vision.

Thanks soo much.

This might be a wild guess, but I'm going to guess dominant Ni; secondary Fe. Which would make you an INFJ.

I should clarify first though: in MBTI terms, 'judging' is not about value judgements. It's more about how you try to understand the world. As an INTP, my first function is Ti (a judging function). When I try to understand things, I feel safer starting from an hypothesis or some base of knowledge and comparing it to new information. My perceiver friends are much happier to jump in and observe. They figure out the world by watching — by figuring out patterns. One friend in particular, an Ni-dominant, will create patterns to explain what is happening but then just as easily discard those hypotheses. It's all about observation, guessing and looking again. I hate to admit it but…in comparison to her, I hate guessing!

Also, what you said about not liking confrontation…it's hard to say since a lot of types don't like confrontation. On the other hand, INFJs can be sensitive to confrontations in ways specific to their functions. I've heard one former INFJ say that they used to sense confrontation coming before anyone else —*even the participants of the conversation. They could almost feel it in the air. They'd always feel compelled to step in and stop the explosion of emotions; stop one person from pushing the other over the edge. Not saying that it's the same for all INFJs, though. They do seem particularly sensitive to how people feel though. I think it's their capacity to observe patterns, combined with an adaptable sense of how people express their feelings. Just a guess from an INTP with little dodgy Fe, though :p.

(Also, Ni is not always about planning. It is when it's combined with Te. Dominant Ni, secondary Te makes an INTJ. The Te planning is to make the INTJ's Ni-visions real. That's how I understand it.)

Thank you.
I agree with the knowing the feeling statement as well with arguing and explosion of emotions and is why I figured out how to avoid arguing or confrontation. I also with the patterns and things like that. This also very informative and helpful.

Okay so I'm going to continue to read and see if INFJ fits me, but by any chance do either of you have an idea about enneagram?

I was thinking type 5, but I have no clue. I've been typed as so many like 1, 5, 6, 9, recently 4. So what do you both think?

G

Glycerine

Regarding enneagran: to be a better educated guess, there would need to more information.

How do act when you are alone?
How do you approach groups and social situations?
How do you approach problems/conflicts (yours and others)
How do you approach emotions (yours and others)?
How do you react under stress?
What do you think are the main motivations for most of things you do?
What are you like when you are in a relaxed state without any stressors tugging at you?

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Regarding enneagran: to be a better educated guess, there would need to more information.

What are you like when you are in a relaxed state without any stressors tugging at you?

Well I act rather goofy, I play around a lot and act sort of like a child, I talk to myself a lot too. I jump on my bed, I run around, I sing I also think about life and start to over analyze everything I've done or have to do. Think about the amount work I have to do, find way to feel inspire to do classwork and stuff, usually thinking about the future, about my past, and how think if that made me who I am today.

I don't, depends if I am comfortable enough I can speak and act kind of playful, if not I am probably going to be quiet and not say anything, watch how others talk to each other and study them.

My conflict..I can suck it up and face it, but it gives me a gross feeling. I'll usually try to explain myself, all the while I am dying for it to be over, I have ran from my problems before, and totally prefer that.

Others conflict..I take detached approach and try to help make everyone get along, I'll probably see how both parties are right, and tell them anything nice to make them stop.

I keep it all in, but at home usually I am engulfed in them, so I basically start to feel crazy and I try to forget about it, but it usually doesn't work.

This is conflicting, because outwardly you can't really tell I am stress, I can talk about it, but I know afterwards I'll look like I am just blah about it. Inwardly I don't feel stress more it depends on what it is, although I know I am stress and can start thinking about everything which can stress me out, but idk it is more of just leaving it up to fate in one instance and making the stress go away on my own.

To have the life I always wanted which is..

(In no particular order)

Moving
Close friendships
Money
Independence
Courage
Love (like the Indie romance movie love or romantic comedy love)
That apartment I always wanted in NYC
To be relaxed, and satisfied with life.
Nice things
Good Career

Basically to be my kind of successful, I am always striving for that.

I am usually not relaxed, but if I was I'll probably find something to poke holes in and make it bad, I'll also be thinking about something else in life that I want. Again somewhat goofy if around people I know. I'll probably try to make the most of it.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=13267]Black Hole Sun[/MENTION]:Have you thought of enneagram 3? From all the things you said, you sound like a 3. 3s tend to be positive, energetic, live and let go, very driven to accomplish their goals and achievement oriented, image conscious. I would guess 3w4? :D

http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personlitytype3
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typethree.asp

I read your links, thanks.
I can't see myself in 3 really, some of this stuff sounds like what I want to be. A social climber, go getter kind of attitude, but I am really not. I find it hard to be a go getter and be out there. I think I can be an achiever just in my own way. Maybe it is different for a INFJ how do you think INFJ type 3 would be?

Silveresque

Have you seen this link? Based on what you've just said, you're probably not a pursuing type, and I don't think you're a suppressing type. That would leave 4, 6, 9, and 2 as possible types. The most common types for INFJ's are 4, 6, and 9, so it seems pretty likely that you're one of those three types.

G

Glycerine

I read your links, thanks.
I can't see myself in 3 really, some of this stuff sounds like what I want to be. A social climber, go getter kind of attitude, but I am really not. I find it hard to be a go getter and be out there. I think I can be an achiever just in my own way. Maybe it is different for a INFJ how do you think INFJ type 3 would be?
I am not exactly sure but you know yourself the best so I will take your word for it. This test may help because it has three different scales to test for the eneagram as opposed to other tests. http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/11/pstypes-enneagram-test.html

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Have you seen this link? Based on what you've just said, you're probably not a pursuing type, and I don't think you're a suppressing type. That would leave 4, 6, 9, and 2 as possible types. The most common types for INFJ's are 4, 6, and 9, so it seems pretty likely that you're one of those three types.

Oh thank you for link, it was helpful, I've read two, I don't agree too much with it. As for 4 I agree with somethings about it but not all, I agree with sixes contradictory nature, and nines remaining calm under stress.

I am not exactly sure but you know yourself the best so I will take your word for it. This test may help because it has three different scales to test for the eneagram as opposed to other tests. http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/11/pstypes-enneagram-test.html

Thanks :) I've taken this test, I've gotten the same result.

Type One: 21
Type Two: 23
Type Three 19
Type Four: 54
Type Five: 53
Type Six: 35
Type Seven:15
Type Eight: 0
Type Nine: 28

Your probable Enneagram Type
Your main type is 4.
Considering the wings you should be a 4w5.

So do you see how close the 4 and 5 is together that is usually what I get. :shrug:

G

Glycerine

Four
Artistic
Emotionally expressive
Subjective
Reactive
Inner pain
Identify with feelings
Welcome feelings
Romantic
Self-revealing
Melancholic

Five
Scientific
Emotionally restrained
Objective
Aloof
Inner emptiness
Detach from feelings
Bothered by feelings
Cerebral
Self-protective
Nihilistic

http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/04/enneagram-misidentifications-type-4.html
http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142...ser_op=view_page&PAGE_id=7&MMN_position=31:31

http://www.davesenneagram.com/blog/enneagram-stereotype-type-5s-dont-have-feelings (seems to be a good description of 5)
http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142...ser_op=view_page&PAGE_id=8&MMN_position=32:32

Silveresque

Oh thank you for link, it was helpful, I've read two, I don't agree too much with it. As for 4 I agree with somethings about it but not all, I agree with sixes contradictory nature, and nines remaining calm under stress

Thanks :) I've taken this test, I've gotten the same result.

Type One: 21
Type Two: 23
Type Three 19
Type Four: 54
Type Five: 53
Type Six: 35
Type Seven:15
Type Eight: 0
Type Nine: 28

Your probable Enneagram Type
Your main type is 4.
Considering the wings you should be a 4w5.

So do you see how close the 4 and 5 is together that is usually what I get. :shrug:

Then you're probably either a 4w5 or a 5w4. When I took the test I got 5>9>4, so it's not necessarily accurate, but all three were high scores, so I think your main type should definitely be among the highest scores at least. Tests are good for narrowing things down that way.

I suggest reading descriptions for both types. This has about the best and most detailed descriptions I've found: http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype4

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Four
Artistic
Emotionally expressive
Subjective
Reactive
Inner pain
Identify with feelings
Welcome feelings
Romantic
Self-revealing
Melancholic

Five
Scientific
Emotionally restrained
Objective
Aloof
Inner emptiness
Detach from feelings
Bothered by feelings
Cerebral
Self-protective
Nihilistic

http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/04/enneagram-misidentifications-type-4.html
http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142...ser_op=view_page&PAGE_id=7&MMN_position=31:31

http://www.davesenneagram.com/blog/enneagram-stereotype-type-5s-dont-have-feelings (seems to be a good description of 5)
http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142...ser_op=view_page&PAGE_id=8&MMN_position=32:32

Thank you!
I agree with both, but maybe I am a 4w5 with like 5 tendencies too?

Then you're probably either a 4w5 or a 5w4. When I took the test I got 5>9>4, so it's not necessarily accurate, but all three were high scores, so I think your main type should definitely be among the highest scores at least. Tests are good for narrowing things down that way.

I suggest reading descriptions for both types. This has about the best and most detailed descriptions I've found: http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype4

Thank you, I think I may go with 4w5 for now.

As for my tritype I think I can have a 4 6 9 in there what do you both think?

G

Glycerine

Yes, that tritype is quite possible or you could even be 4 5 9 tritype since you related to the 5 descriptions. :D

Silveresque

Thank you, I think I may go with 4w5 for now.

As for my tritype I think I can have a 4 6 9 in there what do you both think?

The tritype isn't something anyone can decide for you, since you know yourself best. However, I'd agree that you're probably either 4w5 6w5 9w1 or 4w5 5wX 9w1.