• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I 5w6 or 6w5?

Silveresque

Well... the trust is thing I had problem with when I was child. Trusting others. First, I have trusted anybody. Then, I haven't trusted anybody (even myself). And now, I do consider, if it is trustworth person or not. But often it isn't.
Active, active... you mean active, like, on forums like this? If yes, then I became more active. I had never checked forums everyday.

Calm and confident - I didn't mentioned those, because I don't see difference here. Calm I am, and about confident... well, not so much.

Withdrawn and detached... Yes, I think I have experienced this in my childhood. It was 6th-9th grade, when I had (almost) no friends at school, and was happy as hell when arrived home. Just kidding, I was depressive even home. When at school, I was just lying on the desk, doing nothing, but waiting, when I will escape from hell (or staring on clocks). Now (on High school) I have no time to just stare at clock, because people want to use me. I am really glad when I can help (2w1), but sometimes I refuse any help. I have no problem with cheating on tests (even tough I have 2 times wing 1 at tritype, maybe because 1 itself is not present in my tritype), because everybody cheats. Yeah, and when somebody (anybody) spoke on me, I ignored him/her, because I knew it will be something dirty (you know, dirty talks). And after dirty talks there was always that cruel group laugh.
Traumatic, huh? I have permanent state of depression now, because of ruined childhood at school, no success at getting girl, and having no goal at life. No reason to live. Just waiting until it will end.

By "active", I mean taking control of your life and getting out there and actually acting rather than just thinking about what to do. Being active on this forum isn't really the same kind of active, and it could even be used as a means of escape from the real world or as an excuse for not being active IRL (but don't get me wrong, plenty of people use this site not as a means of "escape", I'm just stating a possible use).

At average/unhealthy levels, 5's often have problems with reclusiveness, and they tend to try to solve all their problems by thinking rather than acting. 6's can be reclusive as well I suppose, especially with a 5 wing, but they're more likely to look for allies by testing people to see who they trust. 6's want to be protected, especially by an "ally" they consider to be stronger and more capable than themselves. 5's on the other hand often have trust issues as well, but their trust manifests itself in the form of being secretive and afraid of revealing their vulnerabilities, lest they be rejected or looked down upon. 6's may actually use their vulnerabilities as a means to gain sympathy and protection from others.

darude11

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't reveal my vulnerabilities, that is foolish. Why? Because no ally is 100% trustworth. I still have thousand of secrets, from the little ones, through the embarassing ones, to the ones, that can't be revealed to world, or else it would totally change the way people would look at me (. . . no, I am not murderer! :D).
I try to find out type of every person around me. Why? Because I am bad in predicting far future (actually, who is that good), to find out who will be my enemy. So I want to find out type of everybody. Sooner - better. You can never tell which of your allies will turn tommorow evil. I try to find out most things about them, but at the same time let them know least about what I am trying to do. If I really explain somebody personality theories, those are really good friends. However, even to those I can't reveal everything. Why? It is in my behaviour. Fixed and permanently active. Lock of "too private" data.

I was once forced to tell my friend (ESTJ 3w2) my greatest secret. Why? He used emotions, guilty feelings, and "true friendship". What have I said him? I said him secret. Not my greatest one. This one was known to my whole family, whole class on elementary school, and probably to some more people outside that class. "I... I was... bullied on elementary school..." Well, with a little actor talent, and true statement, I gave him what he wanted. Secret, that I don't want to think of anymore. Was it my greatest secret? NO.

That concrete friend makes me a lot of trouble. And yes, he always highlights me the fact, that in this world work actions, not toughts. He once was really really in bad mood and asked me: "What are my bad characteristics?" (btw he knows about my psychological research, but doesn't know the reason of them) It was long conversation. I said him that he thinks he is perfect. He asks me that same question all the time, and I think this is what would honest normal boy of my age say. It is obvious. He always shows off his best characteristics, his all wins, his all- you know what I am talking about. But when he fails, he just says something like "Nah, nevermind", or better - not say anything. And next day he brags out about how he is great in that stuff (in which he yesterday failed). I believe that he would be able to persuade you that he is perfect. He is good persuader. A lot better than me. However, everybody is better persuader than me. This is art I want to teach. Persuading, manipulating, controling people by simple words. He has got it naturally and I am kinda envious of it.
In the conflict at the beggining of that column up here I said that he is perfect. Why? I logicaly came to this as argument, that should end these talks once and for all. But why? Because it is paradox. Best thing you could do, is letting it be. And he did it. It is just like saying "I am humble person." You are obviously liar, you can straightly add to it "Yeh, and I am perfect too B-)" I said him, that he is perfect. He asked me for evidence. I answered, that talks of this style are evidence. He said that he doesn't understand my thinking (duh, it's a paradox!). He tried to persuade me about fact, that he is not perfect, to proove me, that he IS perfect. Wouldn't that be crazy? (Wow, I think I need to write about this article somewhere) That is what he was doing at that moment.

From that conversation he didn't talked to me on this theme. I know that those stories are Off-topic, but I need to brag out about them somewhere. It is simply Epic Win over the Undefeatable.

Silveresque

I don't reveal my vulnerabilities, that is foolish. Why? Because no ally is 100% trustworth. I still have thousand of secrets, from the little ones, through the embarassing ones, to the ones, that can't be revealed to world, or else it would totally change the way people would look at me (. . . no, I am not murderer! :D).
I try to find out type of every person around me. Why? Because I am bad in predicting far future (actually, who is that good), to find out who will be my enemy. So I want to find out type of everybody. Sooner - better. You can never tell which of your allies will turn tommorow evil. I try to find out most things about them, but at the same time let them know least about what I am trying to do. If I really explain somebody personality theories, those are really good friends. However, even to those I can't reveal everything. Why? It is in my behaviour. Fixed and permanently active. Lock of "too private" data.

I was once forced to tell my friend (ESTJ 3w2) my greatest secret. Why? He used emotions, guilty feelings, and "true friendship". What have I said him? I said him secret. Not my greatest one. This one was known to my whole family, whole class on elementary school, and probably to some more people outside that class. "I... I was... bullied on elementary school..." Well, with a little actor talent, and true statement, I gave him what he wanted. Secret, that I don't want to think of anymore. Was it my greatest secret? NO.

That concrete friend makes me a lot of trouble. And yes, he always highlights me the fact, that in this world work actions, not toughts. He once was really really in bad mood and asked me: "What are my bad characteristics?" (btw he knows about my psychological research, but doesn't know the reason of them) It was long conversation. I said him that he thinks he is perfect. He asks me that same question all the time, and I think this is what would honest normal boy of my age say. It is obvious. He always shows off his best characteristics, his all wins, his all- you know what I am talking about. But when he fails, he just says something like "Nah, nevermind", or better - not say anything. And next day he brags out about how he is great in that stuff (in which he yesterday failed). I believe that he would be able to persuade you that he is perfect. He is good persuader. A lot better than me. However, everybody is better persuader than me. This is art I want to teach. Persuading, manipulating, controling people by simple words. He has got it naturally and I am kinda envious of it.
In the conflict at the beggining of that column up here I said that he is perfect. Why? I logicaly came to this as argument, that should end these talks once and for all. But why? Because it is paradox. Best thing you could do, is letting it be. And he did it. It is just like saying "I am humble person." You are obviously liar, you can straightly add to it "Yeh, and I am perfect too B-)" I said him, that he is perfect. He asked me for evidence. I answered, that talks of this style are evidence. He said that he doesn't understand my thinking (duh, it's a paradox!). He tried to persuade me about fact, that he is not perfect, to proove me, that he IS perfect. Wouldn't that be crazy? (Wow, I think I need to write about this article somewhere) That is what he was doing at that moment.

From that conversation he didn't talked to me on this theme. I know that those stories are Off-topic, but I need to brag out about them somewhere. It is simply Epic Win over the Undefeatable.

The bolded parts are especially 6w5.

lovesg

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
How did you get the '9' between the 6 & 4 in your enneagram in the signature?

The bolded parts are especially 6w5.

I have been following your replies to darude11. In your post 21, you stated

By "active", I mean taking control of your life and getting out there and actually acting rather than just thinking about what to do. Being active on this forum isn't really the same kind of active, and it could even be used as a means of escape from the real world or as an excuse for not being active IRL

I saw in your signature you are 6w5, and you are also 694.

I hope you can give me some direction.

I have tested myself several times through short and long enneagram test, and pretty sure I am a base 6. However another colleage of mine told me that I am a 5 probably (he is either an 8 or 2). A lot of these online test leads me to 6 or 4. I took all these test during my "stress" times when I am struggling with my work and I thought maybe I am either not cut out for this work or I am weak (in will power). I know stressed 9 will go to 6. As such, I got even more confused. Am I a stressed 9, or 6w5 or 5w6. My MBTI is more skewed towards INFJ or ISFJ. Silveresque, I hope you can give me more view points.

Last edited:

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I am under stress, I usually try to solve it by myself first. If I fail (or if I am lazy), I tend to ask somebody to help me (of course if it is socially acceptable... if it is not, I will rather try to solve it by myself, no matter how complicated it is). If anybody I ask won't help me, I fall into depression from solving something for first time. I know that it might sound stupid, and that you have to solve every problem for first time by yourself, but... but if it causes so much stress, it is probably not so easily-solved problem.

Thank you for helping me! :)

you're 5w6, trust me