• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing your Ideal Partner?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know exactly what you mean. I'm looking for an introverted partner with few friends too for the same reason, so I don't think it's weird at all. Of course, I've also never actually been in a relationship, so who knows? :laugh:

Indeed :yes:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
[MENTION=14216]RevlisZero[/MENTION] - How about an ENFP? Not introverted per sae but it works :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] ISFJ 6w7 or ISFP 9w8

[MENTION=5857]LunaLuminosity[/MENTION] ENTP 7w8

[MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] ExTJ 8w7, maybe ExTP 8w7

[MENTION=10654]Noon[/MENTION] ExFJ 1w2, leaning towards ENFJ

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My ideal partner takes showers regularly and smells nice and wears jeans and casual (but preferably new or stylish) shirts ...but suits on occasion are cool. I just don't want some dude who runs around in dress pants and a tie all the time. No slobs either. NO SLOBS.

Sense of humor is extremely important, kind (but not too nice or doormat-like), very loyal, good sexual morals about faithfulness without being a prude...deep appreciation for music/art. Someone literate who at least knows how to spell and read the news even if they aren't into literature like I am.

I tend to like guys that are a little more quiet...but quiet because they're just introverted and a little shy or something, not quiet because they're a passive aggressive cold-hearted asswipe. A little defensive is okay...heartless bastard robot is not.

I like someone a bit more logical and/or sensible than me, I want someone who is masculine in the sense of providing some type of stability. Yes, that's right, I said it.

Intelligent without being pretentious about it, a good companion and best friend. Someone I can feel comfortable with and tell anything, but maybe they still challenge me a little or keep me a little motivated and on my toes.

Similar poltical beliefs, please, or it will never work. No organized religion.

Type that. I'm curious to see what you think that is.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My Ideal Partner:

Female obiously, with a fairly thinish build (but not too thin), 5' 7'' (same height as me), extremely beautiful but in a super cute adorable way. She would have colored hair because she wants to, and dress in clothing that she thinks is cool.

She would be completely devoted to me; her infatuation with me would be the most important thing in her life. Other than me, she would have almost nothing in the way of other freinds nor family. Her ideals and values would be entirely identical to my own so that there would not be any conflict between us. She would spur me on to accomplish things (motivating me not by criticism or complaining, but rather through sheerful inspiration), and bring a certain level of organization to my life (i.e. she seerves me and fills in what I lack).

She would be extremely loving and compassionate, as well as intellectual and well learned; someone who would want to discuss profound topics and also help make the world better. She would have a zany imagination much like myself and enjoy tossing around various ideas and stuff. Animal lover as well, and lover of all things. But while she loves all things, I am still the most important thing to her.

I have an idea of her type, but lets see what you guys think ;)

A Russian mail-order bride who fears deportation?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] ESxP

[MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION] ExFJ

[MENTION=5857]LunaLuminosity[/MENTION] ENxP

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Ideal partner for me isn't really anything that special. They definitely can't be too controlling. They've got to allow me to make mistakes and allow me not to be so perfect all the the time. I appreciate someone who is independent, competent of taking care of themselves and mentally stable. Having decent looks helps as well, so Whatever MBTI type that falls into I'm down. :)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, I’ll give this a try…

-Confident but not arrogant
-Not insecure - or as secure as possible - not using other people as an ego boost or extension of his ego. Definitely not threatened by my areas of interest or expertise he's less knowledgeable about - more intrigued. I would want to feel the same way about him!
-Humble – not afraid to say sorry, etc
-Friendly with everyone, but cutting it off well before flirtatiousness with the opposite sex
-Similar beliefs and values, including conservative approach to morality
-Very masculine but not macho
-Fun-loving but not frivolous. Would draw me into adventures, but would always check to make sure I’m “safe” – ie. feeling secure emotionally or physically.
-A little bit edgy, but honestly, in a fairly surface way - ie. liking motorbikes or punk rock. Not being cruel or harsh or unpredictable. I suppose I'm going for something like "tough on the outside but gooey inside."
-Outgoing, probably a bit more outgoing than me (although I’m not that withdrawn usually – but I’m thinking along the lines of while I’m a fairly extroverted introvert, he would be a somewhat introverted extrovert. Or at least another extroverted introvert!)
-Playful sense of humour, but not based on making fun of others
-Enjoys in-depth conversation
-Interests – at least some interest in the arts, literature etc. But really, I am drawn to people who have some sort of passion even if it’s not something I’m really into. I think my “ideal guy” would share some similar interests with me but would also have other passions more dissimilar to my own. (Passions, not obsessions, btw.) I think it’s most important with interests to respect what the other person is into and take a bit of interest because you want to please them and get to know them better.
-Conscientious about practical matters, but not anal ;) Careful with money but not miserly or stingy.
-Protective of me, but not controlling
-Not dismissive of my feelings – at least willing to listen and try to understand
-Emotional, but less emotional/sensitive than I am… ie. “in touch with feelings”, but not in the way that he’s only interested in his own.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ideal partner takes showers regularly and smells nice and wears jeans and casual (but preferably new or stylish) shirts ...but suits on occasion are cool. I just don't want some dude who runs around in dress pants and a tie all the time. No slobs either. NO SLOBS.

Sense of humor is extremely important, kind (but not too nice or doormat-like), very loyal, good sexual morals about faithfulness without being a prude...deep appreciation for music/art. Someone literate who at least knows how to spell and read the news even if they aren't into literature like I am.

I tend to like guys that are a little more quiet...but quiet because they're just introverted and a little shy or something, not quiet because they're a passive aggressive cold-hearted asswipe. A little defensive is okay...heartless bastard robot is not.

I like someone a bit more logical and/or sensible than me, I want someone who is masculine in the sense of providing some type of stability. Yes, that's right, I said it.

Intelligent without being pretentious about it, a good companion and best friend. Someone I can feel comfortable with and tell anything, but maybe they still challenge me a little or keep me a little motivated and on my toes.

I'm thinking ISFJ? Or possibly ISTJ?

I love ISFJs...well, I love female ones, which isn't quite the same. ;) But in theory I like the idea of a male ISFJ if he was reasonably outgoing and playful.

uncommonentity

This thread rocks so hard.

-The mentality of a woman, not a girl, a child, or a baby.
-Intelligent but not stuck up her own arse.
-Financially independent.
-Affectionate but not desperate.
-Can teach me a thing or two in every possible area.
-Has a couple intriguing projects or valid schemes up her sleeve.
-Down to earth but not to the point she's an angry animal rights activist.
-Has strong moral values and refuses to sell her soul (or body) for a few fistfuls of cash.
-Emotionally secure and mature.
-Isn't gullible or afraid to call me out on some bullshit.
-Doesn't feel the urge to impress but on the flipside isn't a mess.
-Knows how to have a laugh and take the piss out of herself from time to time.
-Would make a strong mother figure and knows how to raise a child with values of equality and respect for others without being a bitch about it.
-Could quite possibly take me in a fist fight.
-Has favorable aesthetic tastes when it comes to fashion, home decoration, kitchen appliances and such and wouldn't come home with fluorescent green curtains.
-Doesn't have an ounce of anger to her name and can hold detailed and complex conversations with me for eternity and the ability to agree to disagree without holding grudges.
-Openminded, has an assertiveness to learn new information, skills.
-Lacks fickle emotions and doesn't start to cry every five minutes.
-Has a strong interest to be both a relationship and business partner.
-Rides with the top down, bumps that fat sound, looks sexy as fuck in a hoody and no make-up likes to do thangz like shop and go on walks and shit.
-Can beat any other bitch down.
-Can eat more than me proceed burp in my face and challenge my masculinity.

Calling all Alpha Females, Gangsta Boos, Female Hustlas, Chicks That Pimp W/ That Crip Walk.

Let's get it on.

-Failing to see how any of what I describe is related to sensory.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESTP or ESTJ.

Although I'm not sure where you're going to find a woman who doesn't have an ounce of anger who also beats other bitches down. I think that's a bit of a fantasy on your part.

uncommonentity

ESTP or ESTJ.

Although I'm not sure where you're going to find a woman who doesn't have an ounce of anger who also beats other bitches down. I think that's a bit of a fantasy on your part.

I like the ones who do it for sport although I appreciate your conclusions.

I find ESTPs to be too paranoid for my liking though and ESTJs aren't quite human enough.

Tough human females exist just slightly rare it seems.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

-Not insecure - or as secure as possible - not using other people as an ego boost or extension of his ego. Definitely not threatened by my areas of interest or expertise he's less knowledgeable about - more intrigued. I would want to feel the same way about him!
-Friendly with everyone, but cutting it off well before flirtatiousness with the opposite sex
-Fun-loving but not frivolous. Would draw me into adventures, but would always check to make sure I’m “safe” – ie. feeling secure emotionally or physically.
-A little bit edgy, but honestly, in a fairly surface way - ie. liking motorbikes or punk rock. Not being cruel or harsh or unpredictable. I suppose I'm going for something like "tough on the outside but gooey inside."
-Outgoing, probably a bit more outgoing than me (although I’m not that withdrawn usually – but I’m thinking along the lines of while I’m a fairly extroverted introvert, he would be a somewhat introverted extrovert. Or at least another extroverted introvert!)
-Interests – at least some interest in the arts, literature etc. But really, I am drawn to people who have some sort of passion even if it’s not something I’m really into. I think my “ideal guy” would share some similar interests with me but would also have other passions more dissimilar to my own. (Passions, not obsessions, btw.) I think it’s most important with interests to respect what the other person is into and take a bit of interest because you want to please them and get to know them better.

Until about right here I was thinking ISTP. Then, you added:

-Conscientious about practical matters, but not anal ;) Careful with money but not miserly or stingy.
-Not dismissive of my feelings – at least willing to listen and try to understand
-Emotional, but less emotional/sensitive than I am… ie. “in touch with feelings”, but not in the way that he’s only interested in his own.

I'll still go with ISTP, but with the head of a lion, wings of an eagle, and the bill of a platypus. You know, like most mythical, fairytale creatures. :ninja:

emot-words.gif

So emotionally stable, independent, and intellectual while traditionally feminine. ESTJ sounds about right. You might have fun with a rowdier xNFJ chick too, though.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Until about right here I was thinking ISTP. Then, you added:

I'll still go with ISTP, but with the head of a lion, wings of an eagle, and the bill of a platypus. You know, like most mythical, fairytale creatures. :ninja:

I did think there was a possibility this guy simply doesn't exist. We are talking "ideal." I thought some kind of ExxJ was the most likely, honestly. :laugh:

I honestly have serious doubts as to how I'd do with an xxxP.

gromit

likes this
Here is what I posted in other threads:

1. Be fun and interesting and sexy
2. Let me be myself
3. Respect and support me
4. Understand the value of my other relationships
5. Similar spirituality/belief in God
6. Loyalty

I’d prefer to be with somebody who would support me, not hinder me in positive changes I’m trying to implement in my life, also make me examine things I may have assumed incorrectly. I would also like it if they call me out on shit, like if I'm being ridiculous or something. I'd hopefully do the same!

I wouldn't mind someone to push me athletically/physically - like if we are hiking or working out or something. I actually love that playful sort of competition, pushing each other to do more, longer, faster, whatever...

Also, thoughtful and reflective.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Definitely FJ. I'm thinking xSFJ, but ENFJ could work too.
A Russian mail-order bride who fears deportation?
Like I said earlier in the thread, I asked him whether that devotion would be mutual and he said that it would be. If she's his servant, then he's her servant too. And he just said that the comment about few friends was because he has few friends too. So he's looking for a Cathy to his Heathcliff, imo.

Yours is tough because I'm having a hard time linking all that to MBTI...

But I kind of relate to your description, so you may be looking for a healthy ESTJ :)

EDIT: Maybe ESTP, if not ESTJ.