• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing your Ideal Partner?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My Ideal Partner! He sounds to good to be true, what type is this man??!

• A strong man, one that I feel safe with, he will always protect me.

• He is confident, but not cocky or over exaggerating.

• Someone who values family and friends.

• Someone who is open to doing things outside of the house, like going on nice walks at park, going to an art show, having a picnic or bbq at the lake, or maybe out to play a little tennis.

• He must appreciate art and love music.

• He is funny and outgoing with an awesome sense of humor.

• Someone who can be the perfect co-host with me while entertaining guests!

• He is on a career path, goal oriented, and responsible with finances.

• Someone who isn’t afraid to express his feelings.

• Someone thoughtful and sentimental and maybe even a little romantic every now and then ;).

Sunny Ghost

My Ideal Partner <3 He sounds to good to be true, what type is this man??!

• A strong man, one that I feel safe with, he will always protect me.

• He is confident, but not cocky or over exaggerating.

• Someone who values family and friends.

• Someone who is open to doing things outside of the house, like going on nice walks at park, going to an art show, having a picnic or bbq at the lake, or maybe out to play a little tennis.

• He must appreciate art and love music.

• He is funny and outgoing with an awesome sense of humor.

• Someone who can be the perfect co-host with me while entertaining guests!

• He is on a career path, goal oriented, and responsible with finances.

• Someone who isn’t afraid to express his feelings.

• Someone thoughtful and sentimental and maybe even a little romantic every now and then ;).

ESFJ.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
DJAcclaim - honestly initial thought on taking the whole description into account was ISFJ. Esp. given emphasis on loyalty/devotion and them totally looking up to you, the girl-you-take-home-to-mom-and-dad, and the sweetness and demureness. Aside from towards the end your mentioning someone who you can have long convos of about anything, where you share commonality and ease of understanding, I didn't see anything really that's distinctively 'N' or 'P'. Just I and F.

Savage Idealist - an ISFJ without any friends or hobbies that differ from you? lol.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I posted this in the Describe the Things You Like in the Opposite Sex thread. I'd be interested to see if yall could make something of it:

Anyone who piques my interest will have one or all of the following characteristics:

1) Intelligent. Smart is good. Intellectually curious is better. Both is optimal.
2) Confident. Knows where they come from (grounded), and what they're about (self-aware).
3) Principled. Doesn't have to be in the conventional sense, but they should have a definite value system that they abide by. Loyalty, integrity and compassion are valued. It also says a lot to me if they care about their family.
4) Weird. Someone I can have fun with, get into trouble with, and be my own (weird) self around. :)
5) Must be passionate about something. I don't care if it's your fucking bug collection. A person should know what makes their heart beat (besides good circulation, smartass).
6) Loves art. Optional, but its nice to have someone to talk music and movies with. I also just love creative people in general. Foodies are welcome, too.

I'd say that these are baseline qualities that those I'm involved with have in common, including friends of either gender. To be considered as a possible SO, he must have all or most of the above in addition to:

1) Respect me. Cliche, but a must.
2) Chemistry, spark, pull, ect. Crucial. Especially given that you usually get one shot with me. I either feel the vibe right away, or I don't. This is kind of the wild card qualification as I've definitely had instances where an incredible connection trumps other more, uh, reasonable requirements.

3) Attractiveness. In a toss-up, 2) is a lot more important than 3) (see:spoiler). It's more important that I find the guy attractive than him being objectively beautiful. If for no other reason than overly attractive guys leave me cold, and I am no Halle Berry myself. *shrug*

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION]: ESFJ 6w7 sx/so
[MENTION=7254]Wind-up Rex[/MENTION]: xNFP 4w5 sx/sp

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm interesting :yes: what about enneagram and instinctual varient?

Really have no idea.

You seem to want someone who exists for the sole purpose of helping you/catering to you, honestly. That's how your post comes across. You want somenoe who's 'intellectual' and talks about zany things with you, and brings a more organized element to your life, and is 'compassionate' and pushes you towards better things, but you also want someone who doesn't have many friends/family outside of you. There's really nothing in your description that says what SHE is all about and her personality traits outside of her doting on you. Sorry.. just how your description came across.

Type 2 would be a more selfless giving type, and 1 would have more of that organized/pushing drive, but your emphasis on this woman not having anything going on outside of you kinda defeats both 1 and 2, wouldn't it?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay let's cook up a partner!

Excellent partner-in-crime to most of my adventures
Ambitious, visionary, and confident (in a slightly more focused way, that balances me out)
But still laid back and casual most of the time
An "artistic" sense of style
Someone who listens to me with interest, and laughs out loud when the need arises
Cannot be adverse to weirdness, greatly need openmindedness towards most things... particularly religion and social roles
Well developed intellectual side... someone I could have at least light debate with without hurting
Equally willing to team up on projects and let me do my own thing
No cling, please. Nothing confining. But offers the occasional practical/helpful advice when I get too chaotic.
Not afraid of feelings... someone who understands mine better than I do ;)
Somewhat physically active, a bit of an outdoorsy edge.

...I think that's enough for now ;)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Really have no idea.

You seem to want someone who exists for the sole purpose of helping you/catering to you, honestly. That's how your post comes across. You want somenoe who's 'intellectual' and talks about zany things with you, and brings a more organized element to your life, and is 'compassionate' and pushes you towards better things, but you also want someone who doesn't have many friends/family outside of you. There's really nothing in your description that says what SHE is all about and her personality traits outside of her doting on you. Sorry.. just how your description came across.

Type 2 would be a more selfless giving type, and 1 would have more of that organized/pushing drive, but your emphasis on this woman not having anything going on outside of you kinda defeats both 1 and 2, wouldn't it?

Well that is the kind of person I was intending to describe; someone all for me (yes that might sound creepy and against the norm of most typical ideal relationships, but I ain't exactly normal :D)

Actually, 2w1 was the original enneagram that I had in mind (2 + sx = personal love motivation), although I suppose that not having any other motivation other than me might nullify any presence of possible enneagram (that or she may be a disintegrating 4).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since other people are getting so specific, I'll go that direction with my description:

Physical appearance: Between 5'9" and 6'2", curly hair that I can run my hands through, substantial but not overweight. Fairly muscular (but still comfortable and inviting, physique-wise). Think Michael C. Hall, Mark Ruffalo, or "Pride and Prejudice"-era Colin Firth. Between ages 20 and 30 -- realistically would probably be in his late twenties in order to be mature enough for me, but in a perfect world he'd be in his early twenties (like I am).

Temperament: Responsible, respectful, an overall nice guy (except for in bed, where he shows his aggressive side -- but enjoys switching between dom and sub multiple times throughout the night). Tendencies towards being a goofball. Fun sense of humor. More sensitive to other people's needs than I am. Likes to travel, and have small adventures -- hiking, sailing, taking classes in something he's never tried -- and likes to have those adventures with me. Not mean-spirited. In touch with his emotions; introspective, though not necessarily quiet. At least, not quiet around people he's close to. Enjoys, and seeks out, meaningful (as well as silly) conversation. Not the sort of person to seek out conflict for the sake of conflict but not the type to avoid it at all costs either. Authentic and honest about himself and his identity. Not shallow.

Attitude towards me: Understanding of how I communicate; as honest with me as I am with him. Unafraid to bring up possible issues in the relationship when they occur to him. Charmed by my personality and not intimidated by it. Interested in my anecdotes and fun facts (and interested in sharing some of his own), because he loves to learn, just like I do. Doesn't try to force his views on me, or force me to fit into a gender role; understands that our relationship is one based on equality and mutual respect. Does not live only for me and my needs, and doesn't expect me to be that way either.

Interests/views: Similar enough to mine to not cause any significant conflict, but different enough to allow for lots of interesting conversation. Very knowledgeable about topics that I don't know anything about, and ignorant of some things that I know a lot about, to maximize capacity for interesting conversation.

I know it's kind of vague, but I have a bit of an idea of what type he is (to the degree that I know which functions he probably doesn't have). Thoughts?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since other people are getting so specific, I'll go that direction with my description:

Physical appearance: Between 5'9" and 6'2", curly hair that I can run my hands through, substantial but not overweight. Fairly muscular (but still comfortable and inviting, physique-wise). Think Michael C. Hall, Mark Ruffalo, or "Pride and Prejudice"-era Colin Firth. Between ages 20 and 30 -- realistically would probably be in his late twenties in order to be mature enough for me, but in a perfect world he'd be in his early twenties (like I am).

Temperament: Responsible, respectful, an overall nice guy (except for in bed, where he shows his aggressive side -- but enjoys switching between dom and sub multiple times throughout the night). Tendencies towards being a goofball. Fun sense of humor. More sensitive to other people's needs than I am. Likes to travel, and have small adventures -- hiking, sailing, taking classes in something he's never tried -- and likes to have those adventures with me. Not mean-spirited. In touch with his emotions; introspective, though not necessarily quiet. At least, not quiet around people he's close to. Enjoys, and seeks out, meaningful (as well as silly) conversation. Not the sort of person to seek out conflict for the sake of conflict* but not the type to avoid it at all costs either. Authentic and honest about himself and his identity. Not shallow.

Attitude towards me: Understanding of how I communicate; as honest with me as I am with him. Unafraid to bring up possible issues in the relationship when they occur to him. Charmed by my personality and not intimidated by it. Interested in my anecdotes and fun facts (and interested in sharing some of his own), because he loves to learn, just like I do. Doesn't try to force his views on me, or force me to fit into a gender role; understands that our relationship is one based on equality and mutual respect. Does not live only for me and my needs, and doesn't expect me to be that way either.

Interests/views: Similar enough to mine to not cause any significant conflict, but different enough to allow for lots of interesting conversation. Very knowledgeable about topics that I don't know anything about, and ignorant of some things that I know a lot about, to maximize capacity for interesting conversation.

I know it's kind of vague, but I have a bit of an idea of what type he is (to the degree that I know which functions he probably doesn't have). Thoughts?

ISTP 9w8 Sx/Sp. Eventually ISFP.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Um... A Latin man whose frisky in bed. Preferably a pulse. And smells good. And dances like the devil.

That's all I have at the moment.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ohhh! Wow really?!
:yes: I definitely agree on ExFJ.
I posted this in the Describe the Things You Like in the Opposite Sex thread. I'd be interested to see if yall could make something of it:
ISTP? Maybe?
Well that is the kind of person I was intending to describe; someone all for me (yes that might sound creepy and against the norm of most typical ideal relationships, but I ain't exactly normal :D)
My first thought wasn't that it was abnormal; my first thought was that it was normal for the 1950's and earlier. But I guess that isn't offensive as long as you are all for her, too; because if you don't hold the same loyalty standards to yourself as you do for her, then I'll have to call you out on being sexist.

G

Glycerine

Intellectual, goofy, not overly emotional/calm, serious, somewhat ambitious, adventurous, caring, quirky, somewhat social but doesn't need to call me several times a day.

What's the type?

F

figsfiggyfigs

Oh man, this thread is a gift that keeps giving. I want to hear more about DJAcclaim's perfect girl.