• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me via Collage

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At first glance, the "Revolution" image stands out from the rest. It seems rather... traditional and social, something a socially oriented ISTJ 6 would pick or something.
847 Sx/So (I'm choosing 8 first because it's not melancholic enough for 4, and it's not light enough for 7)
Naranjo actually correlates sx8 with the archetype of the revolutionary, so these are both very interesting statements.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Naranjo actually correlates sx8 with the archetype of the revolutionary, so these are both very interesting statements.

I figured you wouldn't be keen on the social bit. I will say it was a tough call for this one. I felt like it was a punchy social message, but even social-blinds can have strong views on things related to humanity on a global scale without it being connected to a dominant social instinct.

And yeah, I was more trying to communicate how my perception of the individual pieces morphed when I began connecting them, which is pretty cool.

Was my analysis of the overall message close to the intended message?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is all the time I want to devote to this. I could probably find better, but since I don't 'collect' these things (outside of watercolors) or browse pinterest regularly, I don't have a stash and had to spend time searching for various things. But I guess it will have to do.

Edit: The layout is jumbled because I was having to copy and paste and resize and use the 'ancient' Paint program.

Wow, this photoset is so light! It immediately screams -SF- at me at first glance, but I'll try go deeper than that.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I figured you wouldn't be keen on the social bit. I will say it was a tough call for this one. I felt like it was a punchy social message, but even social-blinds can have strong views on things related to humanity on a global scale without it being connected to a dominant social instinct.

And yeah, I was more trying to communicate how my perception of the individual pieces morphed when I began connecting them, which is pretty cool.

Was my analysis of the overall message close to the intended message?

I said I didn't make this collage.

In a way, I was being honest about that. I didn't create the collage so much as my depression created it. I was seriously another person at the time. It wasn't necessarily composed of things I would normally have put--I would like to create a real one someday, made by Normal Me, just as I referenced earlier. (I'm supposed to be doing my dissertation though, so it seems everyone will have to wait a month or so.)

But no sense in denying anything. To answer your question, there was no overall message intended. If anything, it was about the pains and losses I felt--how cruel the world was to me. (Now of course, it's possible to take a mystical stance and argue that you are me as I am she and we are all together--meaning there's no separation, and what the world does to me it does to itself etc., but I'm not taking it THAT far). This came immediately after surviving a very harrowing years-long experience, being abandoned by my family, and losing my father. So it was really more about that. Defeat. Pain. Loss. Rage. The meager indulgences and fantasies I have to escape the pain. The raspberries...well, they were some sort of free clip art. They just looked nice and felt "right" in that particular position.

You adequately captured many ways of how I feel about life, though. So if I ever make a collage about that, you have already correctly interpreted it.

As to the stackings. I am pretty open to it. I've been typing as sx-first for about 6 years now, and all I can say is that it's done me like...insane shit tons of good to type this way. That is pretty much what my mind constantly brings to the fore, obsesses over, gets worked up over, and defines me and my worth as a person. It defines my life story. I don't see much point in arguing with myself about that, despite the fact that it habitually crops up that "No way am I sx first".

I tried to be social first or second, I really did. My stacking seems to largely depend on who defines the instincts. But Russ Hudson basically says that there are super-ego attacks around the inferior instinct, which I have around social--never around self-pres. It's not the same as obsessing over it, but nonetheless these attacks form a major part of your identity. I have to say that, regardless of actual instinctual order, it will bring me the most growth to type as sx/sp. Let nay-sayers say nay as they will--they're not the ones doing the inner work so they can fuck off lol.

I'm ok with your interpretation of social though. It makes sense based on what you said. It was interesting and insightful hearing you build a narrative around the collage.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, this photoset is so light! It immediately screams -SF- at me at first glance, but I'll try go deeper than that.

Thanks! It's quite true, I think my aesthetics preference is quite ISFP by stereotype/feel.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I enjoyed reading that. I'm particularly interested in the choice of SP/SO over SP/SX, I have toyed around with weather I am sx/sp or sp/sx but have always been so last. There was one picture I could not find which I think might have indicated more sp/sx though, if it were included in the collage. I used to have it as an avatar but it solicited too much attention so I removed it.

Edit: I would have thought the Flamenco dancer was raging sp/sx ….. Where would the social be, could you expound on that?

I mostly went with sp/so over sp/sx because I didn't really catch any hints of what I would interpret as sx (although admittedly, the flamenco dancer in particular had me thinking for awhile between sx and so there). It's mostly due to the level of containment in in your collage. Despite the vibrancy of it, I didn't really strike me with the intensity, merging quality, or expansiveness that sx and sx aesthetics typically give off. I also really didn't catch any of the agressive aspects of sx (or soc blind) 4 either, so I went mostly with sp/so because your collage was more on the contained/tame side of thing.

I wouldn't put much stock in photo based typing though, at least the kind that holds it's basis in collages (though it is fun to play around with different interpretations).

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just.. wow.
I love everyone's collages.
How were the images chosen, though? Are they pictures you're drawn to or did y'all actively search for images you think represent you?

Awesome job, everyone :wubbie:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here is one more, though I am not sure it is very useful in suggesting types for me unless people know who the characters are. I made it in response to one of Dr Mobius' collage prompts, which was for fictional characters one relates to. Members were supposed to guess who made each collage, so I deliberately omitted several characters often associated with me, to make it more of a challenge.

View attachment 21168

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just.. wow.
How were the images chosen, though? Are they pictures you're drawn to or did y'all actively search for images you think represent you?

Shoulda added this to the prompt. Then again, I'd love to leave it for people to guess.
I don't know if you did a collage, but if you haven't, would you?

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just.. wow.

In my case, I actually chose the ones I felt made the most powerful impact. They were, in this particular instance, ones that emotionally resonated with me and that, by default, really represented my inner state when I created it. I mentioned something of this process above--I was depressed at the time so in this case, they were not all images I thought represented me on a base level. Overall, I'd say choosing images to represent you is the best way to create a collage about yourself, however.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mostly went with sp/so over sp/sx because I didn't really catch any hints of what I would interpret as sx (although admittedly, the flamenco dancer in particular had me thinking for awhile between sx and so there). It's mostly due to the level of containment in in your collage. Despite the vibrancy of it, I didn't really strike me with the intensity, merging quality, or expansiveness that sx and sx aesthetics typically give off. I also really didn't catch any of the agressive aspects of sx (or soc blind) 4 either, so I went mostly with sp/so because your collage was more on the contained/tame side of thing.

I wouldn't put much stock in photo based typing though, at least the kind that holds it's basis in collages (though it is fun to play around with different interpretations).

I was just interested in your reasoning, rather than any belief in 'the system'. It's usually going to be a combination of things mixed with any individuals personal bias... *inserts disarming smile to divert any perceived hostility* :smile:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I was just interested in your reasoning, rather than any belief in 'the system'. It's usually going to be a combination of things mixed with any individuals personal bias... *inserts disarming smile to divert any perceived hostility* :smile:

That's Sp 6 in a nutshell, so your self-typing seems accurate or close.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Hello, you.
I like this. This is quite the bright, 'pop' photoset. One you'd expect in an aesthetics tumblr, quite nice.
Here we go.

That was fun, so I made another one. Plus maybe you guys can get a heart fix out of this one. I love the aesthetics Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I came across this while picking the next photoset to type, so might as well toss it in while I'm at it.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oooh...I've made a few in the past...

Bonus points for anyone able to identify the films included. :yes:

First impression: Oh dear.
A small disclaimer that I am not used to this style, so may be grossly misinterpreting it. And, I know none of these movies.
Let's get to it.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's some new ones of mine, somewhat quickly made. I'll come back to analyze others in time:

Edit: If anyone knows how to change the sizing of these, that sort of knowledge would be greatly appreciated... I'm not a fan of blurry collage images

Skipping ahead to you, because I have done yours already and can breeze through these faster, mostly because I think they contain more or less the same messages.
Let's get to it.

Tiny note for you too and others, that Befunky lets you resize on the spot and allows for very custom dimensions via dragging around the collage borders (it also saves in pleasingly high-quality), does not require a sign-in, and is available on both mobile and PC. If you sign up, your saved images carry over devices. If not, you can resize using your own mobile device or good ol MS Paint. If you are an Apple user, then whatever equivalent. Online resizing tools also exist.

(There I go, sounding like a salesman again)

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks [MENTION=35920]Ixaerus[/MENTION]! I saw someone asked why we chose these images. I'm explaining my second one because it's my favorite. Wonder if it affects anything? This is fascinating

Game over: Life is like a game for me, and I have a lot of anxiety, so it's kinda like me crashing. Plus that's my attitude towards manipulative people. And I like video games obviously :p. I do get competitive when it comes to games
Rain girl 1: She looks like she just got snapped out of her own little world. I'm in my own little world a lot, and I actually find rain peaceful. Melancholic, but peaceful.
Fireflies: I relate to the song a lot, and I'm attracted to the peaceful, fantasy-esque landscape.
Forest: Kinda like rain girl, gloomy but peaceful. Lone wandering. Time for me to think
Cards: I enjoy the mental challenge and friendly competition of playing cards
Cotton Candy: I enjoy the fair. Wacky frieds foods, vendors selling intricate art, and of course the rides. And I didn't even just choose it for the cotton candy. I was drawn to the sneakers too. They remind me of my nervous energy, me pacing around a lot.
Arcade: Represents nostalgia since it reminds me of old-school video games. I sheerly enjoy arcade games, and the colors are relaxing to me. Sure they're bright, but they remind me of the streets lit up at night, cool weather, the night winding down-get what I mean?
Rain girl 2. She just wants some alone time/time with her pets. I like lots of alone time. And I'm drawn to the peaceful city atmosphere
Cherries. They're a flirty fruit. I don't look it, but I can be flirty. It also feels vintage. Reminds me of cherry cola and milkshakes(Yeah, I like history).
Coffee: I enjoy deep conversations at small cafes over tasty coffee
Piano: Music is my escape. It tells a story, helps me think. And I'm drawn to the red, because it's deep. I'm quiet on the outside but full of tension, passion, wonder, a whole bunch of things on the inside

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My first attempt was on page 65. I successfully got the photos to work on page 66.

Coriolis, I can't view your image. You might have to use imigur (sp) as I had to. Uploading seems to be broken ATM.