• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me via Collage

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Thanks, I've been practicing with the instincts a lot. I got a lot of those ideas from one of the Fauvres' classes on the instincts...I was kind of disparaging the class in my head the other day (sorry if you read this Katherine), but it looks like it now has some uses. I love when something you think is crap suddenly blossoms with value.

Second, I want to play. I'd be interested in knowing what people (anyone, not just Peter Deadpan) get from this particular collage (sorry guys, you'll have to follow the link, computer's being stupid):

I'm not saying who specifically made this collage (it may or may not be mine ;) ), but I have it in my possession, and I've gotten some very...unusual feedback on it in the past. Thoughts?

Okay, here goes.

As weird as it may sound, what first jumped into my head was "7". In part because of the sheer variety of it all. The raspberry image seems 7 Sp - a pop of color, flavored with epicurean self-indulgence. The king also seems 7-ish to me with it's movement and also how it seems to make a mockery of authority.

At first glance, the "Revolution" image stands out from the rest. It seems rather... traditional and social, something a socially oriented ISTJ 6 would pick or something. However, maybe there is some sort of deeper statement here. With the colonial flag, it's clearly a reference to the American Revolution, so maybe the king is a reference to George III who was king at that time. Additionally, at left we see a soldier, perhaps crying or broken. He appears to be a Vietnam soldier. Given that these two wars were some-200 years apart from one another, I'm gonna conclude that the message being transmitted is a broad one of criticism toward the greed and lust of those in power, and the damage inflicted on the common man, and the irony that we celebrate such "victories". The center image appears to be a ninja? Perhaps turned away from the innocence of the inner child, but certainly not completely unaffected by it.

The other three corner images represent a loss and sorrow so stabbing that it can only be depicted in images; friends, lovers, children. The image at bottom center is total loss, being left only with oneself. There is a palpable pain here, but also a refusal to surrender all strength. Symbolism. "This is the path I walk and I do so with what I have."

Bearing all of the above in mind, I conclude that the raspberries are actually an ironic title of sorts for this collage: "The Fruit of our Labor"

Type wise, there is a lot going on here. The entire thing is statement, and a strong one at that, of disapproval. It certainly isn't social blind for this reason. I'm leaning toward Sx/So or So/Sx. It's as if the creator is yelling "Look at what you people are doing to yourselves!" It's a statement about humanity and self-inflicted suffering, or at least self-species inflicted suffering. Overall, it's too breathy to be Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx, which tend to have some level of a smothering quality, and rarely depict people outside of the realm of sexuality and sensuality or isolation (the "Revolution" and king pictures fit into So). I also considered So/Sp, but there is such a focus on one-to-one connection here that it doesn't seem sexual blind. Overall, there are elements of all three instincts, but it seems to be a statement about loss of connection at a higher social level.

Tritype wise, it's a little tough for me. My knee jerk analysis was 648, a true Truth Teller, but then I felt maybe it wasn't 8 enough. There seems to be a desire for harmonious union like a 9, but if I look closer, there is a hidden vulnerability underneath, particularly the ninja turning away from the innocent inner child. This brings me back to 8. The heart fix is probably 4 given the intensity of sorrow, longing, loss, and loneliness, although these are certainly universal feelings. Head fix is even tougher to determine, but since I am not getting an "I am an alien overwhelmed by the real world, so instead I choose to observe it from afar" sensation, I'll throw 5 out. I'll also throw 6 out because I don't think that the underlying message was blatantly in the viewer's face, rather it was a creative blending of disparate images into a cohesive message. I think 6 tries to be either more directly confrontational, or not confrontational at all, and this was more intentionally abstract and somewhere in the middle, almost like the creator wanted to test the viewer's ability to deconstruct everything and then piece it all back together appropriately. Therefore, 7.

Conclusion: 847 Sx/So (I'm choosing 8 first because it's not melancholic enough for 4, and it's not light enough for 7).
The Messenger is the archetype with a unique and original message to deliver, and I think that was the purpose of this collage.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did another, because I got a new app that lets me put more pictures and this is more fun than I thought.
This is really me this time, promise.

EDIT: Fixed the first collage,
added a few pics I wanted to initially add before the app shat on me. Yay!

You added new ones. That's cheating. I probably won't get to all of them at once, but I will at least start with the first one. I am doing this quickly, so it is relatively impressionistic and not that strictly organized.

Obvious first impressions: I, and Fi. Every picture has a person in it, and only one at a time. Seems like a focus on the invidual rather than on relationships, or on the individual in relation to others. This suggests a strong self-focus, perhaps a very introspective person. Again, Fi but in IV would be sx/sp - or perhaps sp/sx. I think that sx intensity can come out even in intrapersonal space somehow, but then I am no enneagram expert.

The colors are muted and on the darker spectrum, but much less so than mine. It puts me in mind of Exolvuntur's blog title: the gentle darkness. The style of the photos seems very Asian, which probably says more about the maker's culture than type. On the other hand, some types might be more likely to reach beyond their own culture in choosing images. The people in the images all look like they could be you, which suggests a very direct relationship to you, as in you see yourself in them, whether individually or in aggregate. Not sure what this says about type - perhaps Fi in conjunction with Se? Enneagram-wise it does all look rather 4-ish.

The details are almost incidental, overwhelmed by the overall impression (or perhaps just my bias in looking). For instance, I didn't notice the many weapons that others have pointed out. I don't know if the specific items or dress in the images are meant to represent something. If so, it doesn't come out as a strong theme. There is a mix of formality and intimacy; engagement and withdrawal/detachment in the people shown. This may be because you do both, or want to do both. This again points to sp/sx or the reverse.

The lower right image (black/grey on red background) is a bit anomalous. Its figure seems to be wearing a mask rather than just his (?) bare face, as the others do. His posture is more commanding or imposing than the others, even the ones with weapons. He comes across like the demon in the background, looking for opportunities to manipulate or toy with the more conscious attributes and tendencies presented in the other images. Not sure this says anything about type, as we all can have our demons.

So, bottom line type impression: I_FP,with N>S slightly since the details don't gel readily into coherent themes with subtext, though I might just be missing something. As for enneagram, I get mostly 4 and 6 from this, and perhaps a bit of 3. Based only on this I would put SX first as IV.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=35920]Ixaerus[/MENTION] You're sneaky! I'll come back and look at the new ones you added (which I wouldn't have noticed if Cor hadn't pointed it out!) You should have made a new post. tsk.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You added new ones. That's cheating. I probably won't get to all of them at once, but I will at least start with the first one. I am doing this quickly, so it is relatively impressionistic and not that strictly organized.

Nah, I didn't consciously put the swords in. I only noticed the one with 3 swords because I particularly struggled fitting the 3 swords in the image (the image editor was being a !*^$^&%), but I wasn't consciously thinking "THIS PHOTOSET IS GONNA HAVE SWORDS AW YEA". I was surprised to see how many there were.
And no- he's not wearing a mask- he's just shadowed.

So happy to receive this assessment! Thank you, Coriolis! Wow, I'm an INFP 4w3, 6, sx/sp / sp/sx. That's quite the type.

- - - Updated - - -

Ixaerus You're sneaky! I'll come back and look at the new ones you added (which I wouldn't have noticed if Cor hadn't pointed it out!) You should have made a new post. tsk.

[spams ghost emojis]

Last edited:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From The Aesthetics of your Beast thread here on the forum:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From some of the Aesthetics threads here on the forum:

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm super excited to do this, please y'all, please analyze me!

I'm going to use images I had already saved as it seems the most authentic that way.

From my private blog here:

My own photos, from my private blog here:

My own photos, some of my favorites:

I'll be back to post more! Muahaha!

This is not a style I'm used to. So, apologies if my commentary is short. EDIT: Ne...vermind.

Tbh, since no one can tell for sure what anything means/symbolizes other than the person themselves, I feel like I'm doing some big BS-slinging here y'all.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is not a style I'm used to. So, apologies if my commentary is short. EDIT: Ne...vermind.

Tbh, since no one can tell for sure what anything means/symbolizes other than the person themselves, I feel like I'm doing some big BS-slinging here y'all.

I think your analysis was great! Not BS at all! Thank you for it.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Annotation 2019-02-16 234252.jpg

Not sure how this thread works, this is the only collage that I have made. I spent some time on it and pretty happy its a good representation. Am I supposed to mention someone? Or just hope someone will come and analyse it?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's some new ones of mine, somewhat quickly made. I'll come back to analyze others in time:

Edit: If anyone knows how to change the sizing of these, that sort of knowledge would be greatly appreciated... I'm not a fan of blurry collage images

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Moving the photosets I cheatingly edited into added to [my previous post] and putting it in this new post instead.
Also added a new photoset, because Lumi told me to I can.

Last edited:

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Analyzing collages for me is either a hit or complete misfire so... Take it as you may y'all

[MENTION=35920]Ixaerus[/MENTION]

[MENTION=9160]Betty Blue[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Analyzing collages for me is either a hit or complete misfire so... Take it as you may y'all

@Ixaerus

The Lorcan I took means 'silent and fierce', and no, it's not the dude's name.
Interesting it was interpreted this way, thanks for taking time doing mine, Kray!

Eh??? Since when did we have this? Here's mine, type me OwO:

I have stared at your photosets several times, trying to decipher what it means. Like I don't get what I'm looking at, but it's real.
This was tough. Let's get to it.

To note also that I did not read others' assessments if any, so if there is any overlap, apologies.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

[MENTION=9160]Betty Blue[/MENTION]

I enjoyed reading that. I'm particularly interested in the choice of SP/SO over SP/SX, I have toyed around with weather I am sx/sp or sp/sx but have always been so last. There was one picture I could not find which I think might have indicated more sp/sx though, if it were included in the collage. I used to have it as an avatar but it solicited too much attention so I removed it.

Edit: I would have thought the Flamenco dancer was raging sp/sx ….. Where would the social be, could you expound on that?

Permabanned
I enjoyed reading that. I'm particularly interested in the choice of SP/SO over SP/SX, I have toyed around with weather I am sx/sp or sp/sx but have always been so last. There was one picture I could not find which I think might have indicated more sp/sx though, if it were included in the collage. I used to have it as an avatar but it solicited too much attention so I removed it.

Edit: I would have thought the Flamenco dancer was raging sp/sx ….. Where would the social be, could you expound on that?

I think photo interpretation can be done for fun, but I wouldn't put much stock in it for any sort of accurate typing. Ime, the most telling way to discern instinctual variants is thru the syn/contra flow by inferring one's type based on the affinity/lack thereof towards others and their type.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I think photo interpretation can be done for fun, but I wouldn't put much stock in it for any sort of accurate typing. Ime, the most telling way to discern instinctual variants is thru the syn/contra flow by inferring one's type based on the affinity/lack thereof towards others and their type.

Oh okay, so I am a self-preserving asshole.

I'm okay with that.

I do like the collages thus far for some level of instinctual typing, although I don't agree with assessments elsewhere that mine indicate I'm a 5w4 Sx/Sp. I think it's more likely that under situations of dissatisfaction or low mental functioning, I over-suppress myself and appear more distant, cold, and tense. I just happen to be fairly cerebral and interested in bizarre and scientifically interesting things.

They got my tritype right though.

Permabanned
Oh okay, so I am a self-preserving asshole.

I'm okay with that.

I do like the collages thus far for some level of instinctual typing, although I don't agree with assessments elsewhere that mine indicate I'm a 5w4 Sx/Sp. I think it's more likely that under situations of dissatisfaction or low mental functioning, I over-suppress myself and appear more distant, cold, and tense. I just happen to be fairly cerebral and interested in bizarre and scientifically interesting things.

They got my tritype right though.

best to be honest about who you are lest you attract the wrong ppl into your life fam

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I did this one this morning, using Befunky stock images and some of my own.