• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can Describe, but Can't Adhere!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

AH!

Why can't I accept the test results I receive!? I always think I'm lying, even when I genuinely feel like I answered the questions posed they don't seem to hit the core of myself! I feel like EVERYTHING!!! It pisses me off...

Sorry, rant over.

Here are the four options I am thinking:

1.INFP
2.INTP
3.INTJ
4.INFJ

I am accepting my introverted tendencies. Thank you all... I'm trying not to be such a great nuisance, but my mind doesn't leave me alone. It keeps going back to this same thing. Type. It's an obsession.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
AH!

Why can't I accept the test results I receive!? I always think I'm lying, even when I genuinely feel like I answered the questions posed they don't seem to hit the core of myself! I feel like EVERYTHING!!! It pisses me off...

Sorry, rant over.

Here are the four options I am thinking:

1.INFP
2.INTP
3.INTJ
4.INFJ

I am accepting my introverted tendencies. Thank you all... I'm trying not to be such a great nuisance, but my mind doesn't leave me alone. It keeps going back to this same thing. Type. It's an obsession.

The smallest common denominator. :newwink:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The smallest common denominator. :newwink:

There are two, which doesn't make sense for that analogy. The first is 'Ji' the second is 'Pi'... Common. Means most abundant. Which is in relation to how I often I use them? So if I judge it's the P, or if I perceive it's the J.... Do I judge? That question alone should answer my question, right? So the INxJ's have it.

Is this where you were going with that comment?

If it is, then it would be that Ti or Fi are that which's throwing me off. Recognizing my tertiary. So I go to my auxiliary. When examining the outside world I compare human relationships a great deal of the time. Which would make Fe the top choice for second spot; however, I find myself with a great deal of Fi, getting annoyed at the use of Ti, which seems overly precise and detail oriented. I don't care about building, I care about using. So Fi, or Ti? Using points towards Te, which I find simpler and more enjoyable... Damn stereotypes... I seem so much nicer and more emotional than the average INTJ. I could say that I have developed Fi, but is it developed, or does it deserve dominant status. I feel as if I used both Fi and Ni growing up, but if it is in this order than Se fit's in between because I would be ISFP... Though I never judged always perceived so it would be that Ni took front spot. Making me INTJ... This analysis seems so introverted thinking though.... *brain explodes*

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Maybe try typing by the tertiary opposite? Someone did that on here earlier. Pick your absolutely worst function that you don't use at all and can't use. Turn it from i to e or vice versa and that's your tertiary. For example, I'm really spacey. I don't notice anything outside of myself; I didn't even notice that there was a reputation function on this board until like two days ago. My tertiary opposite is Se, making my tertiary Si. That makes me either an INFP or an INTP. That narrows it down a little more maybe?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Maybe try typing by the tertiary opposite? Someone did that on here earlier. Pick your absolutely worst function that you don't use at all and can't use. Turn it from i to e or vice versa and that's your tertiary. For example, I'm really spacey. I don't notice anything outside of myself; I didn't even notice that there was a reputation function on this board until like two days ago. My tertiary opposite is Se, making my tertiary Si. That makes me either an INFP or an INTP. That narrows it down a little more maybe?

I've delved somewhat into that approach. That's actually essentially what I am trying to do. Figure out my tertiary and hope the rest falls into place from there, it's a powerful tell of function order; however, if I were to use this method I'm pretty sure we'd find almost all functions used. Though in this case if we said I was INTJ then it should be that Fe is lowest, that can't be true... That would throw everything that I know about this system spiraling through space and it's not that I couldn't add some rigidity to my function definitions, I'm fairly sure I use that. I feel like mine actually may be introverted sensing... Making me the ENxJ that I was becoming. So perhaps I should stick with ENFJ.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
There are two, which doesn't make sense for that analogy. The first is 'Ji' the second is 'Pi'... Common. Means most abundant. Which is in relation to how I often I use them? So if I judge it's the P, or if I perceive it's the J.... Do I judge? That question alone should answer my question, right? So the INxJ's have it.

Not exactly. I was referring to your options:

INFP
INTP
INTJ
INFJ

Like matter and antimatter.
FP is the complementary party of TJ. Boom!
TP is the complementary party of FJ. Boom!

IN is the smallest common denominator. :)

sculpting

Mr R, I once recall you seemed very entp to me. Perhaps you are growing in your Fe and Si and it is pulling you in a multitude of directions. I agree that you dont seem NTJ to me. Also, your externalization of agnst and your tone and the flow of thoughts seems kinda Ne to me. (Sorry if that was offensive in anyway, they are just isolated observations so could totally be wrong)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Not exactly. I was referring to your options:

INFP
INTP
INTJ
INFJ

Like matter and antimatter.
FP is the complementary party of TJ. Boom!
TP is the complementary party of FJ. Boom!

IN is the smallest common denominator. :)

That was what I was kind of thinking, but my mind dissected it further than it was possible. Oops. IN... Is all I'm able to glean from myself. It's disappointing.

You ARE either an ENTP or INTP. So not an NTJ!

Hahaha! Eh. I can sense the bubbly Ne, it just seems calmer than most (perhaps my other functions ARE developing) because I am not half as technical as an INTP! This Fe must be a BEAST, because it's messing everything up.

Mr R, I once recall you seemed very entp to me. Perhaps you are growing in your Fe and Si and it is pulling you in a multitude of directions. I agree that you dont seem NTJ to me. Also, your externalization of agnst and your tone and the flow of thoughts seems kinda Ne to me. (Sorry if that was offensive in anyway, they are just isolated observations so could totally be wrong)

No offense. I'm killing the angst with the theoretical knife I cut them with (damn they took the emo smiley away!)... I appear ENTP doesn't mean I am ENTP... And though that sounds like a very logical argument. I can't tell if that's Ti, or Te, because I could have a s**t load of Fi. Ti seems far too....... Mechanical. Damn you Fe!!!

Fine :uwin:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I do remember the very, VERY first test I ever took gave me ENFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's supposed to take effort to find your type. Jung actually diagnosed people, one on one, in his office. The more reading and study I've done, the more I trust the opinions of people who have also read and studied the cognitive functions vs. people in general, or silly Internet quizzes.

See...if you're going to go by Keirsey...you're going to embrace a very simplified version of type. But it has little to nothing to do with Jungian type theory. Like really, Keirsey didn't get it. You CANNOT be INFx or ESTx. It's impossible and improbable. There is no borderline Judging and Perceiving. There is the dom function, the generic manifestation of that dom function (T or F, for example) then the conflicting inferior. J/P is determined by that dom function.

And it's okay to keep questioning it the more you understand function theory. I don't think I FULLY got the difference between Se and Ne until last night, when an INFP (actually 2) showed me the difference in their perception of something as simple as a photograph.

Some people only know for sure their judging functions (like yes! I'm Te/Fi or Fe/Ti) or that they are an absolute introvert or extrovert.

Neuroses of the inferior come into play strongly in the Jungian function theory, and sometimes people have so many misconceptions that they don't understand that they are what they are.

Like me:

I thought I was an introvert because I don't ALWAYS want to be around people. But I'm very expressive. And what is more, I'm easily bored. If I have to wait, I HAVE to engage with the outer world in some way, I stand up in restaurants to look at pictures on the wall, grab meaningless pamphlets to read...it's ridiculous how extroverted I am, and I didn't even realize it, because I thought that meant I had to be some super needy person who wanted to be around a bunch of people ALWAYS. Or that I had to LOVE ALL PEOPLE. I can barely sit still. I have to get up and walk around. I do two or three things at once if I'm not sleepy or tired. I want to be engaged with the world.

Also, I thought since I'm SMRT and like BOOKS and ANALYZING STUFF I HAD TO BE AN N.

But I really think I'm an xSFP now, like really really, like whoa why didn't I realize this sooner.

Yet it was because of my own lack of understanding, that's all.

A

Anew Leaf

I say again that you've always seemed very ENTP from where I sit. :) but I could also buy INTP since I-E can be difficult to pinpoint via an online medium.

:) i don't get a TJ vibe from you, and I think we've had some fun Ne interactions.

My assessment is: low e, med n, low-med t, high p. (only a p would be this confused as to type. ;))

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It's supposed to take effort to find your type. Jung actually diagnosed people, one on one, in his office. The more reading and study I've done, the more I trust the opinions of people who have also read and studied the cognitive functions vs. people in general, or silly Internet quizzes.

See...if you're going to go by Keirsey...you're going to embrace a very simplified version of type. But it has little to nothing to do with Jungian type theory. Like really, Keirsey didn't get it. You CANNOT be INFx or ESTx. It's impossible and improbable. There is no borderline Judging and Perceiving. There is the dom function, the generic manifestation of that dom function (T or F, for example) then the conflicting inferior. J/P is determined by that dom function.

And it's okay to keep questioning it the more you understand function theory. I don't think I FULLY got the difference between Se and Ne until last night, when an INFP (actually 2) showed me the difference in their perception of something as simple as a photograph.

Some people only know for sure their judging functions (like yes! I'm Te/Fi or Fe/Ti) or that they are an absolute introvert or extrovert.

Neuroses of the inferior come into play strongly in the Jungian function theory, and sometimes people have so many misconceptions that they don't understand that they are what they are.

Like me:

I thought I was an introvert because I don't ALWAYS want to be around people. But I'm very expressive. And what is more, I'm easily bored. If I have to wait, I HAVE to engage with the outer world in some way, I stand up in restaurants to look at pictures on the wall, grab meaningless pamphlets to read...it's ridiculous how extroverted I am, and I didn't even realize it, because I thought that meant I had to be some super needy person who wanted to be around a bunch of people ALWAYS. Or that I had to LOVE ALL PEOPLE. I can barely sit still. I have to get up and walk around. I do two or three things at once if I'm not sleepy or tired. I want to be engaged with the world.

Also, I thought since I'm SMRT and like BOOKS and ANALYZING STUFF I HAD TO BE AN N.

But I really think I'm an xSFP now, like really really, like whoa why didn't I realize this sooner.

Yet it was because of my own lack of understanding, that's all.

I hate the fact that I was introduced to Keirsey when I first began my search because all it did was fill me stereotypes, that I'll admit, got me extremely interested in the system, but damn it's messed with me on a very deep level because I search for those answers, I have been for years now, and I find them, but then a stupid ass stereotype pops its head up and is like "HAHAHA! I'm gonna mess you up!"... And it does, it indeed follows through. I'm going to say I'm an ENxP... That's what all the tests tell me.

I know it's suppose to take years, but I thought myself more introspective and understanding of myself than I realized I was, which is another thing that is quite disappointing. It is comforting to know that I can still search. My fear is that I annoy the Hell out of everyone around me. Not saying I don't, but this is literally the only interesting thing I have to think about and THAT is why I feel the way I do... Don't know what it is, but nothing else is half as exciting as figuring myself out! Narcissistic tendency, much!

I agree with you all the way!

I say again that you've always seemed very ENTP from where I sit. :) but I could also buy INTP since I-E can be difficult to pinpoint via an online medium.

:) i don't get a TJ vibe from you, and I think we've had some fun Ne interactions.

My assessment is: low e, med n, low-med t, high p. (only a p would be this confused as to type. ;))

Assessment processing..........Valid
Downloading.........................Complete
Installing............................... Virus' everywhere!!!! ([MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]!!!!! *shakes palm at sky*)

A

Anew Leaf

I hate the fact that I was introduced to Keirsey when I first began my search because all it did was fill me stereotypes, that I'll admit, got me extremely interested in the system, but damn it's messed with me on a very deep level because I search for those answers, I have been for years now, and I find them, but then a stupid ass stereotype pops its head up and is like "HAHAHA! I'm gonna mess you up!"... And it does, it indeed follows through. I'm going to say I'm an ENxP... That's what all the tests tell me.

I know it's suppose to take years, but I thought myself more introspective and understanding of myself than I realized I was, which is another thing that is quite disappointing. It is comforting to know that I can still search. My fear is that I annoy the Hell out of everyone around me. Not saying I don't, but this is literally the only interesting thing I have to think about and THAT is why I feel the way I do... Don't know what it is, but nothing else is half as exciting as figuring myself out! Narcissistic tendency, much!

I agree with you all the way!

Assessment processing..........Valid
Downloading.........................Complete
Installing............................... Virus' everywhere!!!! ([MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]!!!!! *shakes palm at sky*)

Haha!

A saturned virus looks like this: cute avatars, saying the word cute, liking ponies, wanting to bathe in glitter.... I'm really sorry, bud, but you're in for a rough night! :cry:

I will also state that you come off as more Fe to me than Fi. I dunno.... I just get the impression I could toss you onto my pile of ENTP friends and not be able to tell any of you apart. :D (which is a good thing because they are all super awesome!)

I buy you as an ENTP before I would buy you as an ENFP. (also because I know ENTPs are $30/dozen.)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Haha!

A saturned virus looks like this: cute avatars, saying the word cute, liking ponies, wanting to bathe in glitter.... I'm really sorry, bud, but you're in for a rough night! :cry:

I will also state that you come off as more Fe to me than Fi. I dunno.... I just get the impression I could toss you onto my pile of ENTP friends and not be able to tell any of you apart. :D (which is a good thing because they are all super awesome!)

I buy you as an ENTP before I would buy you as an ENFP. (also because I know ENTPs are $30/dozen.)

We've got different definitions of "rough" ;)

It's gotta be here somewhere! *Begins fervently digging, muttering to himself* AHA! Found it F.....e... Dammit. Hey, I'm not that cheap, am I :cry:

A

A window to the soul

I've never seen you like this. Did you roll off the wrong side of the bed and hit the floor?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I've never seen you like this. Did you roll off the wrong side of the bed and hit the floor?

It's my way of saying "Hey guys... I've got something to tell you. *motions to come closer*.... I'm NE DOMINANT."

Just so that I cover my bases... Is this a good thing you are seeing... Or just different?

This is what happens when I don't sensor myself... And the primary reason why I sensor myself 95% of the time... Sowwy.